Mixer advice..

Tips, hints, help, tech support, setups, systems and all things related to making phat beats. Post your latest production for all to hear & review. Or quiz the resident nerds about that tech problem you just can't figure out.
Grey Son

Mixer advice..

Post by Grey Son »

I wanna run my Akai S900 with the 8 outs through a mixer seeing as im using an atari to sequence. Just wondering if i should go cheaper and buy a mixer such as a behringer with built in effects or buy a mixer without effects and grab a lexicon or something. Im thinking no effects with mixer as i would assume they wouldnt be that good, ya know, like a fruity loops reverb....yuk!!!!
Any advice would be great..
Cheers!!!!!!!
Well at least i will be the fattest guy on the street gettin a boat
HEY HEY HEY im gettin a boat!!!!
www.myspace.com/greysonsoul
a1studmuffin

Post by a1studmuffin »

Are you using this?

Fucking oldskool man... :)
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

Yeah mate, i used a pc for years with vst's and shit but couldnt get into it. The atari has dedicated midi ports so its rock solid man. Plus i got the add on which plugs into the modem port giving me an extra 32 midi chans...
The only pain in the ass is the whole effects thing and no audio recording but thats all minor shit. :D :D :D

Long live the ATARI!!!!
Well at least i will be the fattest guy on the street gettin a boat
HEY HEY HEY im gettin a boat!!!!
www.myspace.com/greysonsoul
strategem

Post by strategem »

depends on your budget and what you are trying to achieve. Personally I'd go the more expensive route and buy a decent mixer and a seperate effects unit.
www.acousticweaponry.com
- vinyl pressing
- audio equipment
- production management
- pyrotechnics