Post your G20 pics!

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
*catalyst

Post your G20 pics!

Post by *catalyst »

I'll just link to mine as there are a few :

Get em while they hot.

I got hit with a riot shield. uncool.

-lachie
"Anybody want some motherfucking Earl Grey?" -Cleveland
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

Heres my flickr set, Enjoy 8-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gixxerkid/ ... 379708271/

Edit: Lachie I must have been standing right next to you for your photos in Flinders Lane. Different perspective of the guy on the fence and the guy sticking his finger up.
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

GREAT shots kids!!!!!!!!!!

How fucking intimidating were those coppers !!!
PUCK YOU MISS ~~!
apophenian

Post by apophenian »

wow some impressive shots there guys... Well done
*catalyst

Post by *catalyst »

BammBamm wrote:Heres my flickr set, Enjoy 8-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gixxerkid/ ... 379708271/

Edit: Lachie I must have been standing right next to you for your photos in Flinders Lane. Different perspective of the guy on the fence and the guy sticking his finger up.
Yeah about seven jiffies later my camera totally stopped working. I whipped through some on the film body, beat the SHIT out of the digital took it apart and put it all back together and suddenly it lurched back to life.

I haven't seen myself in anyone elses shots yet, all y'all point y'selves out if y'all catch a shot with ya in.

-lachie
"Anybody want some motherfucking Earl Grey?" -Cleveland
lynt

Post by lynt »

Now I really I wish I went! Great shots!
elysium

Post by elysium »

awesome shots *catalyst and BammBamm :smt023
I'm in a loop, I am the loop...
numz

Re: Post your G20 pics!

Post by numz »

*catalyst wrote:I got hit with a riot shield. uncool.

-lachie
that'll learn ya for fuckin around...
:tongue:
:|

wicked shots but.
huh
gnat

Post by gnat »

Excellent snappage bamm bamm and lachie

Captured the mood beautifully
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

Nice work dudes.
GO CATS! GO CATS!
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

i took lots too..
was up front when the police van got trashed. (did not throw anything except mud bombs)

took a baton and a couple bottles in the head.

will give yas some pics tommorrow.

word.
Last edited by ghetto kitty on Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

Fantatsic images. good to see a range of shots that show the expressions of cops and the dynamisc of kids and those woman standing up to the riot gear coppers. Nice work. thanks for sharing.
The best way to cure a broken heart is to give the pieces away
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Amazing pics! 8) Its crazy to know this happened right outside where i work.

Violence of any kind at these things is just bloody stupid (why on earth are kids at these things?). Really feel for the cops getting things thrown at them. They are just doing their job...
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

KIDS........... :smt018

VERY BIG :smt018 :smt017
Well at least i will be the fattest guy on the street gettin a boat
HEY HEY HEY im gettin a boat!!!!
www.myspace.com/greysonsoul
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

fuck me.

i cannot help arguing about g20.

someone stop me.

so many different sides.

think i just started a shit storm on itm.

whoops!
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

Lizkins wrote:Amazing pics! 8) Its crazy to know this happened right outside where i work.

Violence of any kind at these things is just bloody stupid (why on earth are kids at these things?). Really feel for the cops getting things thrown at them. They are just doing their job...
Allthough I don't condone violence, generally,I can't feel sorry for cops/ SNot when some one who willingly chooses to become a cop to uphold the viewpoint of a puppet like Johnny Howards' policies under oath.

Ive been arrested and had cops tell me that they're sympathetic to the cause and that kind of shit but their mandate is to protect and serve. Fuck em.

Why should our tax money go into protecting a bunch of assoles living it up in a Hotel. Surely if the government was that worried about people protesting they would reconsider the location and put them up at wommera or something and make it diffcuilt to protest. I

t's all grand standing and they like the negative publicity that a few wayward protestors generate in the right wing media.
valuetime

Post by valuetime »

^ lol. don't hate the player, hate the game.

for all the violence they supposedly showed, it was retaliatory and restrained.

the real problem is that that smirking fuckstick gets up on a podium and says "who knows why these people protest?" without any follow up comment or analysis whatsoever. that made me clench my fists.
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

valuetime wrote:^ lol. don't hate the player, hate the game.

for all the violence they supposedly showed, it was retaliatory and restrained.

the real problem is that that smirking fuckstick gets up on a podium and says "who knows why these people protest?" without any follow up comment or analysis whatsoever. that made me clench my fists.
werd. don't buy the products kids. cause that's the real way to show dis approval. if you take away their finacnial clout, you take away their mandate and power.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

factory worker wrote:
Lizkins wrote:Amazing pics! 8) Its crazy to know this happened right outside where i work.

Allthough I don't condone violence, generally,I can't feel sorry for cops/ SNot when some one who willingly chooses to become a cop to uphold the viewpoint of a puppet like Johnny Howards' policies under oath.

Ive been arrested and had cops tell me that they're sympathetic to the cause and that kind of shit but their mandate is to protect and serve. Fuck em.

Why should our tax money go into protecting a bunch of assoles living it up in a Hotel. Surely if the government was that worried about people protesting they would reconsider the location and put them up at wommera or something and make it diffcuilt to protest. I

t's all grand standing and they like the negative publicity that a few wayward protestors generate in the right wing media.
yes you are right, they did choose the job, but that doesn't mean they chose to have horse shit thrown at them :?

and yes you could say they chose the Hyatt for grand-standing. What would be better to know is the facts when it comes to choices like that though, IMO. I mean, there were plenty of buildings with peoples lives at risk because of this. I don't think the choice would have been made lightly...

and yes there is a lot wrong wih the cops, i know people close to me that have been bashed by them for no reason (go the outter suburb police). but there are a lot of good ones, and i would rather have them around then not.
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

I wrote a speil then deleted it!

All I can say is Disgusted at the violence!

If the cops weren't there...... What would protesters really have done? HONESTLY?

P.s, now instead of my tax paying dollars going into the welfare service I work for by way of grants and funds etc.... it's going to go towards replacing vehicles etc. damaged by this weekend! No-one thinks about the flow on effects of what was done!

So on behalf of the family of 6 sleeping in a garage... thanks, hope your injuries heal, and that bragging rights of how you protested and got smashed by a 'f*cking cop' (doing their job protecting).

You want to make a difference... do it constructively and in everyday life (not just once).

(this has probably pissed a few off - it's my job.. I work where I live the lives of the homeless people I work with..... and you know what... when I visited an 18y.o having the crap punched out of her by her boy... I CALLED THE COPS! and they helped!)
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

ulyssian wrote: You want to make a difference... do it constructively and in everyday life (not just once).
agree wholeheartedly.
cj the taniwha

Post by cj the taniwha »

ulyssian wrote:I wrote a speil then deleted it!

All I can say is Disgusted at the violence!

If the cops weren't there...... What would protesters really have done? HONESTLY?

P.s, now instead of my tax paying dollars going into the welfare service I work for by way of grants and funds etc.... it's going to go towards replacing vehicles etc. damaged by this weekend! No-one thinks about the flow on effects of what was done!

So on behalf of the family of 6 sleeping in a garage... thanks, hope your injuries heal, and that bragging rights of how you protested and got smashed by a 'f*cking cop' (doing their job protecting).

You want to make a difference... do it constructively and in everyday life (not just once).

(this has probably pissed a few off - it's my job.. I work where I live the lives of the homeless people I work with..... and you know what... when I visited an 18y.o having the crap punched out of her by her boy... I CALLED THE COPS! and they helped!)
i applaud the work that you are doing and agree that people need to make more of an effort more often to help people out.

but, ok the violence was bad and unecessary and a futile gesture that has allowed the media to focus in on this act rather than the thousands of people there on saturday who were peacefully protesting.

but before getting upset about the cost to repairing the truck, what about the cost of shutting down the streets, redirecting the trams, paying weekend wages for all of those cops, hiring the barricades, running surveilance and counter intelligence against the activist organisations, raiding the squats where people were meeting and planning disrupting the peaceful elements of the protest and making things more chaotic.

the police and the media and the government have combined to put their spin on things. who is responsible for providing funding for defence, corporate and wealthy tax cuts before providing affordable and emergency housing.

the finger needs to be pointed at federal, state and local government before accusing people who smashed up a police truck doing maximum $10,000 damage at a meeting of the wealthiest nations in the world to discuss how to maintain their wealth and get richer while people suffer in their own countries and around the world as a result of the unfair distribution of wealth and governments controlled and owned by the wealthy.
Last edited by cj the taniwha on Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Back from the desert to stir things up a little :)
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

Lizkins wrote:
factory worker wrote:

yes you are right, they did choose the job, but that doesn't mean they chose to have horse shit thrown at them :?

and yes you could say they chose the Hyatt for grand-standing. What would be better to know is the facts when it comes to choices like that though, IMO. I mean, there were plenty of buildings with peoples lives at risk because of this. I don't think the choice would have been made lightly...

and yes there is a lot wrong wih the cops, i know people close to me that have been bashed by them for no reason (go the outter suburb police). but there are a lot of good ones, and i would rather have them around then not.
I gues the real problem is that they use our metropolitan police to protect international financial dogma. Hosting an event like that in the city is deliberate. Its also antagnonistic and the protestors are part of the spectacle. Definitley trying to discredit the left wing. The very fact that they are ready and waiting with riot gear, barricades, fences and paddy wagons proves they expected it. surely the responsible thing is to move the whole shebang out of the way, and why should they have better accomodation than refugess - put them up at woomera and give the refugees the visa they need to live in Australia.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

cj the taniwha wrote: the finger needs to be pointed at federal, state and local government before accusing people who smashed up a police truck doing maximum $10,000 damage at a meeting of the wealthiest nations in the world to discuss how to maintain their wealth and get richer while people suffer in their own countries and around the world as a result of the unfair distribution of wealth and governments controlled and owned by the wealthy.
agree too.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

factory worker wrote:
Lizkins wrote:
factory worker wrote: Allthough I don't condone violence, generally,I can't feel sorry for cops/ SNot when some one who willingly chooses to become a cop to uphold the viewpoint of a puppet like Johnny Howards' policies under oath.

I gues the real problem is that they use our metropolitan police to protect international financial dogma. Hosting an event like that in the city is deliberate. Its also antagnonistic and the protestors are part of the spectacle. Definitley trying to discredit the left wing. The very fact that they are ready and waiting with riot gear, barricades, fences and paddy wagons proves they expected it. surely the responsible thing is to move the whole shebang out of the way, and why should they have better accomodation than refugess - put them up at woomera and give the refugees the visa they need to live in Australia.

for all protests that the police are made aware of (or anything big like this), they always send police. no matter what. i have seen like 15 people protesting over something or other, and there were police there, just make sure nothing goes wrong. they were well back from them and clearly didn't think anything would happen, but they were there.

clearly the G20 was a big thing, and they knew it would spark a large number of protesters, hence the police. you don't know how people will react.

Kitty - who were you throwing those mud bombs at btw?
valuetime

Post by valuetime »

cj the taniwha wrote:the finger needs to be pointed at federal, state and local government before accusing people who smashed up a police truck doing maximum $10,000 damage at a meeting of the wealthiest nations in the world to discuss how to maintain their wealth and get richer while people suffer in their own countries and around the world as a result of the unfair distribution of wealth and governments controlled and owned by the wealthy.
slight problem; they are elected by us. point the finger next weekend.

regardless of how controversial, the G20 have a democratic right to organise, the same way everyone else does. the cops are paid to protect rights, not powerful people. and our right to protest doesn't include trashing govt or private property.

it's a pity it always goes down like this, because we made it so easy for the whole thing to be marginalised as a "riot".
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

Lizkins wrote:
at the cops who were calling everyone dole bludgers.

if youve spent any time on the front lines of protests, you soon see that hurling unnessecary abuse does go both ways.

a balloon came my way unbroken > i hurled it. that is all.
mrj

Post by mrj »

Bamm Bamm your shots are mad!!!!!!!!!!
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

Lizkins wrote:
factory worker wrote:
Lizkins wrote: yes you are right, they did choose the job, but that doesn't mean they chose to have horse shit thrown at them :?

for all protests that the police are made aware of (or anything big like this), they always send police. no matter what. i have seen like 15 people protesting over something or other, and there were police there, just make sure nothing goes wrong. they were well back from them and clearly didn't think anything would happen, but they were there.

clearly the G20 was a big thing, and they knew it would spark a large number of protesters, hence the police. you don't know how people will react.

Of cuorse, but can't you se how stupid it was too put the vent on in a high density area where more people can access it. If they put it in woomera how many people would go there. its all about media exposure and all the protestors were unoaid walk on actors for the right wing sensationist media. you have to look beyond what actually happenned and understand why it was allowed to happen. we had the commonwealth games inb thec ity - why - so maore paople could access it easire - all public transport leads into the CBD. I believe the govt was irresponsible to host teh event at that location, and it was unfair on local busionesses who lost income. shows how little the summit cares about the little people really.
elysium

Post by elysium »

ghetto kitty wrote:
if youve spent any time on the front lines of protests, you soon see that hurling unnessecary abuse does go both ways.
You'll also find that in addition to the people who understand the cause and its nuances there are a bunch of antagonistic tag along hooligans that come along to get in amongst it and do not understand shit about what is going on... they are usually the ones that incite violence and end up turning it stupid and discrediting the message the protest is trying to get across in the first place.
I'm in a loop, I am the loop...
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

mrj wrote:Bamm Bamm your shots are mad!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers Josh! 8)
mrj

Post by mrj »

I've always thought that a protest where everyone stood perfectly still and remained perfectly silent would be the ultimate.

people as far as the eye an see just being statues. THAT would get attention and THAT would send a message IMO.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

elysium wrote:
ghetto kitty wrote:
You'll also find that in addition to the people who understand the cause and its nuances there are a bunch of antagonistic tag along hooligans that come along to get in amongst it and do not understand shit about what is going on... they are usually the ones that incite violence and end up turning it stupid and discrediting the message the protest is trying to get across in the first place.
Good point while I was there I wasn't sure if I was shocked or amused when one of the Anarchists threw a glass bottle a police forcing them to come out on the public to try and catch him. Only to have him yell at police "This is a peaceful protest! Stop police brutality!!!"

BOH! :shock:
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

mrj wrote:I've always thought that a protest where everyone stood perfectly still and remained perfectly silent would be the ultimate.

people as far as the eye an see just being statues. THAT would get attention and THAT would send a message IMO.
Rage Aganist The Machine did just that on Independence Day one year in Philadelphia when Zac Dela Rocha lost his voice. They knew hat cancelling the gig would upset fans and it was a hige political awareness gig.

So they stood on the stage, completely naked except for letters one their torso's spelling censorship. they didn't play a single note and upheld the america right to free speech as a protest to censoprship of rock music lyrics.

Oh and a little guy form India did something similar to prtest against British colonial rule a while back.
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

factory worker wrote:
mrj wrote:I've always thought that a protest where everyone stood perfectly still and remained perfectly silent would be the ultimate.

Rage Aganist The Machine did just that on Independence Day one year in Philadelphia when Zac Dela Rocha lost his voice. They knew hat cancelling the gig would upset fans and it was a hige political awareness gig.

So they stood on the stage, completely naked except for letters one their torso's spelling censorship. they didn't play a single note and upheld the america right to free speech as a protest to censoprship of rock music lyrics.

Oh and a little guy form India did something similar to prtest against British colonial rule a while back.
Your just a naked man lover mate, takin clothes off in the name of......
But seriously, alot of the shops had to shut down for a few days, some losing 28-30% of there weekly profit.
And from what i seen the police were amazing, go protest in France or Brazil or Mexicao and see what happens!!
Well at least i will be the fattest guy on the street gettin a boat
HEY HEY HEY im gettin a boat!!!!
www.myspace.com/greysonsoul
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

what about the staff who work in those premises so they can paty there way, did they not deserve protection?

once again.... if there were no police how would one behaved differently.... rush the building and stop the meeting, hurting one of the members of these coutries... killing someone.... extreme - yes, possible - yes!

And 10,000 can provide:
1 property rent for a year for a family
1,000 months of food parcels
whitegoods to service 20 families
1,000 nights of emergency accom.

These actions did not achieve a positive outcome.
Please be proactive - but sensibly! Voice your opinions effectively. And treat others as you would expect to be treated - everyday!

If you were one of the peaceful protesters there for a cause, then I applaud you, If you were there cos you wanted to protest against the G20 - and acted worse than a drunken idiot - then shame and maybe you should re-evaluate what you stand for and how you contributed to positive change.
Everyday should be the day you make a positive impact in this world.

(I'm going to stop now)
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

ghetto kitty wrote:
Lizkins wrote:
at the cops who were calling everyone dole bludgers.

a balloon came my way unbroken > i hurled it. that is all.

i can see the point, i mean hurling of abuse does make people mad. But that is words, not physical objects.

words do impact - hence why there is protests. why bring throwing things into it?

one day one of those kids that stupid idiots bring along to these things is going to be standing in the wrong place at the wrong time....then what will happen?
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

ulyssian wrote:what about the staff who work in those premises so they can paty there way, did they not deserve protection?

once again.... if there were no police how would one behaved differently.... rush the building and stop the meeting, hurting one of the members of these coutries... killing someone.... extreme - yes, possible - yes!

And 10,000 can provide:
1 property rent for a year for a family
1,000 months of food parcels
whitegoods to service 20 families
1,000 nights of emergency accom.

These actions did not achieve a positive outcome.
Please be proactive - but sensibly! Voice your opinions effectively. And treat others as you would expect to be treated - everyday!

If you were one of the peaceful protesters there for a cause, then I applaud you, If you were there cos you wanted to protest against the G20 - and acted worse than a drunken idiot - then shame and maybe you should re-evaluate what you stand for and how you contributed to positive change.
Everyday should be the day you make a positive impact in this world.

(I'm going to stop now)

well said ulyssian, and nice one on the fact providing. shows both sides.
Amick

Post by Amick »

any more pics? /on topic
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

elysium wrote:
ghetto kitty wrote:
agree. i have found that, over the years.

and liz > i might be an anarchist at heart, but I always go to these things with my own reasons for being there firmly in mind. i go armed with only a camera and a heart that wants so badly to see humans unite and share the earth peacefully.

however, when i see friends of mine being beaten for the same intentions, something primal comes into it, and yes, i yell just as loudly, i do want to fight back, i do want to rescue the underdog, which is how i see the portestors as they are not sanctioned, not paid to be there at all.

when scuffles happen, i rush in with a camera > to document all the happens and to intimidate crazy people on BOTH SIDES to remeber that the world IS watching.
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

another irrepsonsible act brought to you by a dumb fuck government who want suck up to corporate maerica, and have bum sex with IMF and World Bank. This should never of been allowed to happen in our city, and that trashed police truck shows how restrained the protesters were.
Burn Babylon Burn!
numz

Post by numz »

I reckon any peeps who got sconned on the head or whatever had it coming. The G8/G20 summits are a feral free for all, where it seems the intent of quite a few is to wind up the cops and authorities. Then push comes to shove and you cry brutality. And sure, it might be great to witness anarchy in this pissweak form... but hell, hardly a protest that makes a difference imo.
regardless of how controversial, the G20 have a democratic right to organise, the same way everyone else does. the cops are paid to protect rights, not powerful people. and our right to protest doesn't include trashing govt or private property.

it's a pity it always goes down like this, because we made it so easy for the whole thing to be marginalised as a "riot".
:scr1pt:
huh
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

numz wrote:I reckon any peeps who got sconned on the head or whatever had it coming. The G8/G20 summits are a feral free for all, where it seems the intent of quite a few is to wind up the cops and authorities. Then push comes to shove and you cry brutality. And sure, it might be great to witness anarchy in this pissweak form... but hell, hardly a protest that makes a difference imo.

Still doesnt answer why the govt allowed this to take place in such an accessible zone - they wanted a reaction so that they could discredit all those oposed to the activeities dicussed there in. and they got it. weak.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

:lol: @ Movember cops!

factory worker

Post by factory worker »

I thought that too. Except they probably don't have to worry about testicular cancer.
valuetime

Post by valuetime »

factory worker wrote:Still doesnt answer why the govt allowed this to take place in such an accessible zone - they wanted a reaction so that they could discredit all those oposed to the activeities dicussed there in. and they got it. weak.
well, it's a business summit... in the CBD. how odd.

the hardcore would've followed them anywhere, really. if anything, i'd have thought it would've helped protest numbers, being so central.

but yes, they got a predictable reaction that tarred the whole thing as a riot. that's weak, but hardly their fault or their plan.
numz

Post by numz »

factory worker wrote:
numz wrote:I reckon any peeps who got sconned on the head or whatever had it coming. The G8/G20 summits are a feral free for all, where it seems the intent of quite a few is to wind up the cops and authorities. Then push comes to shove and you cry brutality. And sure, it might be great to witness anarchy in this pissweak form... but hell, hardly a protest that makes a difference imo.

Still doesnt answer why the govt allowed this to take place in such an accessible zone - they wanted a reaction so that they could discredit all those oposed to the activeities dicussed there in. and they got it. weak.
There were apparently peeps from overseas ans NSW that came down for (their) cause. Don't you think that if the govt set the summit in say, a Daylesford spa retreat, that the protesters would have made it out there to have it out as well? I dunno about the idea of antagonising protesters.. thats seems a weak excuse to me.
huh
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

Direktor wrote::lol: @ Movember cops!

Don't you go knocking Lee - he's my buddy I went to school with in Year 7

he's the Mo on the left

Mower to the People
Last edited by Feigan on Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

I think we should leave Daylesford outta this.
:wink:
unsoundbwoy

Post by unsoundbwoy »

i used to be really against violence at protests

then i was in one, sitting calmly, quietly etc and got kicked in the back of the head by a cop and kicked out of university for six months. i still retained my pacifism for a while longer and found myself in canberra when bush came out, and whilst forming a human blockade, where my arms were the protesters next to me i had a cop do a three punch combo, split my lip then when i fought back he grabbed me, picked me up and threw me onto the sharp end of a star picket, which punctured my side, caused me to bleed like a stuck pig and left me bruised for weeks
funnily enough he had no badge

i say leave violence out as much as possible, but if any cop touches your friends or family, burn him.

edit: i also now avoid protests that are lacking a clear focus, thats when people get bored and get into pointless violence, excessive shit stirring etc. the march on nov 11 last year with the trade unions was really inspiring, showed strength and helped push the trend back towards unionism which is slowly occurring

anyway back to g20 photos

here's some one of my friends took
Last edited by unsoundbwoy on Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.