Hip Hop Festival Luna Park Digital Underground Kool Kieth

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

in sydney dboy
quick

Post by quick »

^^^^Spewin...
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

hahahahahhahahah- they have a luna park too.

:?

hahahahahahaha.
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

but they're coming here too! Hi Fi Bar!

http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.asp?ID=6223
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

but i wanna go to luna park!

:twisted:
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

digital underground are playing metro

kool keith and kutmaster kurt are playing hi-fi

DU at Metro is suicide ... WAY TOO BIG!
Dark Lord Piddle Bottom

Post by Dark Lord Piddle Bottom »

What You Talkin Bout shepherd??

Digital Underground need a big stage because they are putting on a show as apposed to just another dj mc ting! There’s going to be 12 costume changes during Digital Underground's set because they are here to entertain not just perform a couple of known tracks and go home.

We are putting on a party at Metro, its going to be a night to unwind get your grove on with Humpty.

Metro is too small, we already have 400 people with tickets and we still have over two weeks to go!
Everything is proceeding as I have Foreseen

http://www.myspace.com/dark_lord_piddle_bottom
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

from working there a year doing those kinds of events I can say from experience the venue is impossible to create an atmosphere in unless you have 1500+ people.

i like DU but i don't think you chose the right venue.
Dark Lord Piddle Bottom

I totally agree about needing numbers at Metro but I also think we are on track to get those numbers after everyone I spoke to doing my Humpty/Sexpackets promo at Vibes.

There are a lot of people in Melbourne up for Digital Underground at Metro since we have doors opening at 730, Digital Underground will be on at 1030 so that everyone can make the last trains/trams home.

shepherd

Post by shepherd »

cool - good luck - but be cautious and do a lot of extra work ... sean paul, kelis, ozomatli, terminal 9, PE Second show all stiffed ... when Metro is vibing (J5, Obese Party) it's killer but the legwork is outta this world to get it there.
Fents

Post by Fents »

That Obese party was fucking A1 unreal. Fuck man hilltop Hoods kick some serious ass, 15000 ppl bouncing to nosebleed section as last tune...what a gig!
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

15,000 at Metro?

there was 2400 for that gig - place was heaving. At the end of the night there was no beer. all drunk. someone tried to steal the Chupa Chup machine and $10,000 worth of damage was caused to the venue aha
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

shepherd wrote:someone tried to steal the Chupa Chup machine
hilarious! you'd think they'd go for the alcohol first. :lol:

on topic - got my tickies for the March 5 gig. :D
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
Fents

Post by Fents »

shepherd wrote:15,000 at Metro?

there was 2400 for that gig - place was heaving. At the end of the night there was no beer. all drunk. someone tried to steal the Chupa Chup machine and $10,000 worth of damage was caused to the venue aha

Minus one of the 0's my bad.

*EDIT* I saw the boys out the back of stage getting rowdy as all hell doing tags etc...someone busted out a phat cap and started doing throwups. :shock:
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

pity the sound system is crap at Metro though. it was absolutely shocking the night of Future breaks with Soul of Man.
Amick

Post by Amick »

Im really up for seeing Deceptikonz, when they playing Melbourne again?

Luna Park in Sydney huh? sounds like an awesome gig, fuckin ghey im missing it... :evil:
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

the system at metro is actually kick ass ... it's never operated properly though. the D&B Audiotechnik systems are booming and they have a lot of it.
nhd

Post by nhd »

i went to pharmacy at metro last week and was pretty imressed with the sound setup, sure the music sucked, but on the second floor there were some electro breaks and dnb and i was loving it.
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

cheers for the correction then ben, but it still doesnt entice me to attend events at the Metro if the DJ or artist is doing their job and someone else isnt so the whole thing just sounds shit.
prez

Post by prez »

Fents wrote:...someone busted out a phat cap and started doing throwups. :shock:
it was a sight to see....out the back alone would have covered 3/4 that in damage!

Luna park gig would be mad...fortunatly we also have Resin Dogs, Good Buddha and (as an extra bone-ass..) Lazy Gray at the Prince the night b4 (4th march)...and...to make my night even trickier...Xzibit at the Palace.

if i had any money i'd pick one and go to it.
Dark Lord Piddle Bottom

Polecat wrote:cheers for the correction then ben, but it still doesnt entice me to attend events at the Metro if the DJ or artist is doing their job and someone else isnt so the whole thing just sounds shit.
Its down the promoter and 99% of Melbourne promoters know nothing of about sound. There are people out there that can tune a rig and we have one of those people working for Sonar. We used him at POW for Heavyweights 2 and were able to get the in-house system booming without the need for extra sound.

jules

Post by jules »

half the dj's drive there levels so fucking high, that its requires limiting and compression just to keep it stable.