Anthony Pappa - 24th April (Anzac Eve) - F4

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Dean Millson

Post by Dean Millson »

Final bit of housekeeping...

ITM ticketing closes at 4pm.

Tickets left in most stores (Rhythm & Soul, DMC, Alley Tunes, Ministry of Style).

Tickets $40 on the door (so take the opportunity to snap up presales while you can!)

There is a guestlist price which is a little cheaper than the stright door price, but more expensive that the presales, if you're nice to me :)

Almost there!
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

So if I'm on the guestlist and in town I might as well go grab a presale.

Easy.
Don't hate me for house
deviant

Post by deviant »

so wanting to hear reports on this. Gutted I couldn't make it.

do tell........
mrj

Post by mrj »

Ok so heres my thoughts

Rollin Connection killed it. I continue to be more and more impressed by these guys every time I see them. Their sound is unique and incredible. Almost certainly destined for bigger and better things.

As for Pappa, I'm sorry to say that this time around he did very little for me. Somewhat uninteresting. Technically he was fine, not blowing my mind but hey that's prob cos I don't understand such matters too well anyway. It just that the tunes Pappa was playing just weren't really doing anything for me, its not that they were particularly bad, its just that they weren't particularly good.

Big Ups for the quality of the sound on the night. Has got to be some of the better sound I have heard for a far while. The system just sounded awesome and it was so pleasing and refreshing to go to a night where the system was up to the challenge. Makes such a difference.

The only real let down was the venue. The door staff were being absoloute spankers (basically trying to keep an appearance of a big line outside - even though the event was basically sold out = wankers). The crowd was not the normal PF + Darkbeat crowd, and for the most part these non-usual suspects were absoloute spankers too. Nothing but Jeff's and Dunces. The floor in the venue was fucked too, more like a skate park than something designed for walking about on. I was struggling to negotiate it and I only had like 5 drinks the whole night. Although having said that I have the balance of a new born baby giraffe, so I can't blame the floor too much.

Overall I had a pretty good time though, and hats off to the PF and Darkbeat crews who do their best to put on a quality night as always.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
deviant

Post by deviant »

mrj wrote:The only real let down was the venue. The door staff were being absoloute spankers (basically trying to keep an appearance of a big line outside - even though the event was basically sold out = wankers). The crowd was not the normal PF + Darkbeat crowd, and for the most part these non-usual suspects were absoloute spankers too. Nothing but Jeff's and Dunces. The floor in the venue was fucked too, more like a skate park than something designed for walking about on. I was struggling to negotiate it and I only had like 5 drinks the whole night. Although having said that I have the balance of a new born baby giraffe, so I can't blame the floor too much.
I really enjoyed the venue (when I was there for DB 3rd Bday), apart from a few niggles. The sound was killer while I was there, the look and feel of the place was clean yet had great dark atmosphere. The dance floor thing I can understand. They have tried to show people where the small steps are by putting that light-pipe stuff along the edge, funny though unless you know already it's virtually impossible to tell whether the step goes up or down :?

Not impressed with the cheapest drink being $7 (which was coopers), pretty stink.

/hijack
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Yeah it was aight.

Rollin Connection killed it as usual - never heard them do 4/4 before and it was wicked.

While on the topic can either of you tell me what the track was with the atmo intro with spaced out hats that kicked in and sounded like it had the kick and the snare reversed or something? Awesome.

Pappa was aight. Start was awful - left for fifteen minutes then he got better.

Sound was wicked! Bit loud though maybe - thats not really a complaint though.
Don't hate me for house
Rollin

Post by Rollin »

WOW... Wat a night... :smt049

that would have to be night of the year for me so far... :mrgreen:

Pappa killed it as far as i am concerned... SO GOOD!!! :smt055

Big thanks goes out to Dean, Kev, Paulie, Lister, Steve and the crew at F4, and all that came down to rock it out...

Hope you all had as much fun as i did.. ;)

8)
Rock Like This in-conjunction with Darkbeat's 9th Birthday presents:

FREESTYLERS (UK)

GOOD FRIDAY 6th APRIL - BOAT PARTY!!

Check it http://www.billboardthevenue.com.au/GigView.aspx?id=417