Baroq!!! New Club Opening Soon

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

Nothing left to be said on this thread really. Until dubs gets back on line.
The best way to cure a broken heart is to give the pieces away
dubs

Post by dubs »

Factory Worker
Ok first things first….

1. I am a promoter
2. I am not here to sell any memberships- at any point did I offer anyone a membership. NO!!!!!. Mate where was the half arse sales pitch that you quoted that I was doing? Im not selling anything! I’m letting people aware of these clubs!
3. I’m here to offer up coming guest lists for people to get into these clubs
4. You need to get off ya little trip of yours because basically you have just made a complete idiot of yourself cause 90% of what you wrote has nothing to do with the starting post I put on here about outlining that Baroq is opening up.
5. There’s no memberships been sold, its not a pyramid marketing scheme, I’m not selling anthing.
6. Most of the stuff you wrote had really nothing to do with what im doing.
7. Also I said ill be getting back to everyone with the details, really is that any harm. Suspense is a good thing. It brings hype. That’s what clubs are about.
8. Mate your opinions are so outreached, completely wrong and to be honest I really feel sorry for you. Mates me think secondly on how intelligent you really are. Grow up.And realy if you got nothing postive or something nice to say about whats going on here, just don’t post. Simple. Can u handle it
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

Hence my last post where I wrote nothing left to be said until dubs gets back to us.

Suspense is great in cinema, and hype is fantastic for promotion.

dubs wrote
you have just made a complete idiot of yourself cause 90% of what you wrote has nothing to do with the starting post I put on here about outlining that Baroq is opening up.
Your original post has been edited but you definitley remaked that the club would appeal the intellectual.

Factory Worker wrote:
So let's get intellectual. You've approached us with a concept for a club that will apeal to intelligent people - so we can safely assume your marketing intelligence has included us as part of your target market.
There's nothing remotely intelligent about blindly accepting anything that has been offered in regards to the membership of this 'club'.

1)No intelligent lighting (we've confirmed that from your last post).
2)No intelligent dissemination of information pertaining to musical vibe/ or what kind musical genre is being sought except a Valve system with speakers worth $25,000each. (you'll get back to us on that one).
3)No intelligent explanations about your own claim that stated this venture appeal is 'only for the intelligent'.
dubs wrote:
Most of the stuff you wrote had really nothing to do with what im doing.
that's laughable. my whole motivation in posting was to clarify what the club is about, just because you are being secretive doesn't allow you to brush your marketing 'suspense' drama by trying to claim what I've written is unrelated to this thread.

in·tel·li·gence (ĭn-tĕl'a-jens)
Secret information, especially about an actual or potential enemy.
An agency, staff, or office employed in gathering such information.
Espionage agents, organizations, and activities considered as a group: “Intelligence is nothing if not an institutionalized black market in perishable commodities” (John le Carré).
[/quote]

My question is did you mean the club will apeal to the intelligent or for its intelligence?
The best way to cure a broken heart is to give the pieces away
nic

Post by nic »

BAROQ IS THE WRONG SPELLING _ WARNING.
dubs

Post by dubs »

What do you mean Baroq is the wrong spelling??????
elysium

Post by elysium »

why was the "ue" dropped ?

I do like it as a name for a bar though
I'm in a loop, I am the loop...
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

oh my god this is getting lame :roll:

FW and LE why on earth are you guys so hell bent on taking this down? are you that bored in your lives at the moment?
dubs

Post by dubs »

Baroq- comes from the Baroque art which occurred in the 17th century. So thats why we are calling in Baroq!

Does that answer your questions

Cheers
Lauer

Post by Lauer »

Lizkins wrote:oh my god this is getting lame :roll:
:scr1pt:

I can't see the point of attacking this club. Seriously who fucking cares!

Good luck with it dubs.
Sustain

Post by Sustain »

B0mBjAcK wrote::lol: @ this thread... hella funny.

And always remember:
don't hang shit on the disabled you rude twat
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Direktor wrote:EDIT:

***Careful crew.... I almost retract my words of defence for this lot after what I just learnt.

The group behind these new clubs allegedly sells you personal info on to other "marketers". They get around this through their rather large legal team.

Apparently, in order to become a member you must complete a credit application. By lodging a credit application (you get a set personal credit limit in the club as a member, dependent on your income etc) the business is somehow allowed to bypass Privacy legislation and pass details on to a third party. It may be your income, your favourite drink, who knows???
This is not heresay bro. This is from someone employed by your company.

Please tell me this is a blatant lie, coz I like the cut of your clubs jig. Seriously.
dubs

Post by dubs »

dude thats not true what your saying. where did ya hear that from?

you can come to these clubs if you dont have a membership. Thats what im hear for. Not selling membersships, just bringin people into the club. okie dokie. Ive said it 100 times. k

Cheers People,
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Appologies then mate.

As I said initially, I reckon these clubs look fantastic! Something different... :D
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Direktor wrote:
Direktor wrote:EDIT:

***Careful crew.... I almost retract my words of defence for this lot after what I just learnt.

The group behind these new clubs allegedly sells you personal info on to other "marketers". They get around this through their rather large legal team.

Apparently, in order to become a member you must complete a credit application. By lodging a credit application (you get a set personal credit limit in the club as a member, dependent on your income etc) the business is somehow allowed to bypass Privacy legislation and pass details on to a third party. It may be your income, your favourite drink, who knows???
This is not heresay bro. This is from someone employed by your company.

Please tell me this is a blatant lie, coz I like the cut of your clubs jig. Seriously.
woaw where on earth did you hear that bollocks Direktor? you could get in serious trouble if someone actually tried to do that. Even sending an email to people on a subscription basis has to be verified by the customer, no way would the above get through legal. you'd get taken to the cleaners for sure!
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Can't reveal my sources.... but they are usually very reliable.

I know somebody doing/has done some work for this company.

And apparently, this company employs a MASSIVE legal team... just second hand info to me. But I'm interested in how far up the chain this 'dubs' is - as in, can he really vouch for what he's saying, or is he just a promoter.

Apparently, something to do with the whole credit side of things, enables them to do this... dunno. I'm not very legally minded.

As I said, not trying to trample on anyone's toes here. Just what I heard, and giving my MB.com friends the heads up. Make what you like of it.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

yeah cool. but that is a pretty full on thing. i mean there are loop holes in the legal system, but unless the customer gives the a-ok, your information cannot be given out.

And i would think they would have a law firm contracted on for their legal work like most corporations. nothing major there. they could have an in-house legal team, but that ain't no biggie either.
FOREST LIAM

Post by FOREST LIAM »

lolling at sustain
deviant

Post by deviant »

factory worker wrote:
dubs wrote:intelligent lighting what??? mate thats what i have been talking about!!! people who put stuff of here that they dont know what they are talking about . Useless. Next time mate. Thanks for you contribution

hey yeah sorry the website is down for contruction - was told that today. it should be up in the next couple of days or so... cheers
Unfortunately I am unable to thank you for your contribution, because you failed to spark up some useful dialoge or come back with any further useful information apart from an obvious analysis that everybody is beng kept in the dark.

Further to that, you misquoted me dubs - you mentioned the club would apeal to the intelligent but then you edited your post 5 hours later, after you were asked to explain the statement.

To the best of my knowledge, I think you have insulted my intelligence, but I don't know if you understand the idea of sharing knowledge, but it's generally quite wise to concentrate on enlightening people about your concept rather than attacking their IQ by calling them useless. If people posting on this thread appear to not know what they're talking about, it looks like you've barked up the wrong tree on your mission to recruit 'intelligent' people. The onus is on you to educate us or risk losing any potential investment opportunity that you were seeking from this forum. Don't belittle us, enlighten us - intelligently.

I thought you were possibly referring to the lighting design and technology, modern clubs have intelligent lighting, but you clarified quite clearly that my contribution was incorrect (even though it was a rhetorical statement). And in a way you were insinuating that intelligent people would appreciate the decor and theme of the proposed venue which will apparaently have a relaxed dress code.
dubs wrote:Its just not for people in suits. Let me explain, its a themed club right, which is the 17th century art movement. I used intelligent as a word cause it interacts with the theme. Im not saying that only suits will get in.
So let's get intellectual. You've approached us with a concept for a club that will apeal to intelligent people - so we can safely assume your marketing intelligence has included us as part of your target market.

Baroq -
Cubist wrote:
dubs wrote: appeals to the intelligent
In what way does ur venue appeal "to the intelligent"?
dubs wrote: As people have been having a tiff over 'only for the intelligent'. If your intelligent enough then you would be able to know what it means.
There's nothing remotely intelligent about blindly accepting anything that has been offered in regards to the membership of this 'club'.

1)No intelligent lighting (we've confirmed that from your last post).
2)No intelligent dissemination of information pertaining to musical vibe/ or what kind musical genre is being sought except a Valve system with speakers worth $25,000each. (you'll get back to us on that one).
3)No intelligent explanations about your own claim that stated this venture appeal is 'only for the intelligent'.

NO INTELLIGENT PERSON OF SOUND MIND AND REASONING WOULD SERIOUSLY CONSIDER TAKING UP YOUR OFFER TO BUY INTO A PYRIMID MARKETING SCHEME BASED ON THE PRETENCE OF BEING AN EXCLUSIVE NITE CLUB EXPERIENCE WITH NO DETAILS ABOUT THE VENUE APRT FROM A HALF ARSED SALES PITCH (BORDERING ON A DOOR TO DOOR PLEA TO GULLIBLE CREDIT CARD HOLDERS) WITH A DEAD LINK TO A WEBSITE WITH SOME PICTURES OF A FLASHY CLUB INTERIOR.

I won't be waiting with my breath for you intelligent reply.
OMG!!!!! you are seriously thick.

I don't think I've ever been compelled to blatantly insult somebody on a forum in my life, before today.

That is the most convoluted load of complete bollocks I've ever had the mis-fortune of reading.

IT'S CALLED A SALES PITCH!!!..... Sales pitches are by design full of rhetoric and meaningless garble. It was never meant to scrutinized in such an idiotic and annoyingly persistant manner.

Let me spell this out to you.......

It is a club called "baroq".
It is opening soon.
It has a 17th century interior design.
dubs is a promoter for this club.
dubs is trying to "promote" (which incidently a promoter does) this club.
By promoting the club he is letting people know of it's exsistance and giving them a little "sales pitch" or "spiel".

I consider you and most other haters in this thread's behaviour nothing short of fucking rude. If you had something to promote (which you do) how would you feel if everyone just ripped the shit out of it, and also ripped shit out of you and/or your business associates? I for one would be fucking pissed off if somebody did that to anything I was trying to promote.

and jungle_tactics.....

You may not have thought long and hard about that reply, but it seems to me you think there's a little bit more to going to a club than the majority of people I know. Most people I know wouldn't even know who owned or managed the clubs they go to, let alone consider their patronage as a "business partnership".... I mean bloody hell dude. If exxxy memberships is what you're talking about then fair enough, but dubs has clearly said that he is NOT selling memberships. As far as the promotion goes; the owners past is IRRELAVANT. As if anyone would spend $$$$ on something they hadn't checked out themselves anyhow.
Sustain

Post by Sustain »

Sustain wrote:
B0mBjAcK wrote::lol: @ this thread... hella funny.

And always remember:
don't hang shit on the disabled you rude twat
FOREST LIAM wrote:lolling at sustain
mate, i meant nothing funny about it

if racism, homophobia and blatant sexism are unacceptable on this forum, then this should also apply to slander against pll with disabilities

ppl pay out on the disabled because they are viewed as easy targets who can often find it difficult to rebut such derogatory statements. seriously, hanging shit on fellow ppls who do not possess the same endowments as those of us in the norm... is low. real low

nuff said right
flippo

Post by flippo »

motion for sticky
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

Nice one Deviant

probably won't shut him up though .

"to insult someones intelligence, you should check if they have any first" - G.C - 2006
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

motion for thread lock.

so very tedious. :roll:
gnat

Post by gnat »

:sleepy1:

so over this thread
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Chill pills for all, and for all - chill pills!
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

PUCK YOU MISS ~~!
dubs

Post by dubs »

Hey peoples,

Oh im actually getting some credit around here, Deviate thanks for ya input- champ!!!

As for more info on Baroq- got meeting coming up at end of week so ill be trying to anwer all your questions then. Not too long to go now...... YAY!!!! 3-4 weeks left.

hang in there peeps, and ill be giving more info when i get the info k cheers!!!!
:)
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

why does anyone give a fuck?

if you think baroq or whatever it's called is going to play breaks/drumnbass/grimegrub/berkstep/drum&whine etc you are fooling yourself.

an argument for arguments sake is fun and all, but this is pretty time consuming for the stakeholders involved for little benefit.
waggers

Post by waggers »

shepherd wrote:why does anyone give a fuck?

if you think baroq or whatever it's called is going to play breaks/drumnbass/grimegrub/berkstep/drum&whine etc you are fooling yourself.

an argument for arguments sake is fun and all, but this is pretty time consuming for the stakeholders involved for little benefit.
Indeed - I mean Dubs here could've just pasted & posted his little advert and then scurried off to do the same on the next Melbourne music forum he Googled; instead he chose to take the bait when people took the piss (sometimes that's fun).
Unfortunately our much-maligned promoter is not articulate enough (or sufficiently informed enough) to respond to even the simplest of genuine enquiries, let alone the acid tongues and rapier wit of the less forgiving elements within the MBC massive. Amusement ensues.
So let's be honest - this tool is not copping any flak he doesn't heartily deserve - who cares what Baroq is like? - that ceased being the appeal of this thread about 3 pages ago - let's just hope Dubs pops back in now and again for more champagne comedy.
Dig up, stupid.
Fix up, Look sharp!
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

waggers wrote:

Indeed - I mean Dubs here could've just pasted & posted his little advert and then scurried off to do the same on the next Melbourne music forum he Googled; instead he chose to take the bait when people took the piss (sometimes that's fun).
Unfortunately our much-maligned promoter is not articulate enough (or sufficiently informed enough) to respond to even the simplest of genuine enquiries, let alone the acid tongues and rapier wit of the less forgiving elements within the MBC massive. Amusement ensues.
So let's be honest - this tool is not copping any flak he doesn't heartily deserve - who cares what Baroq is like? - that ceased being the appeal of this thread about 3 pages ago - let's just hope Dubs pops back in now and again for more champagne comedy.
Dig up, stupid.
dude, no one cares.
Will

Post by Will »

shepherd wrote:
waggers wrote:

Dig up, stupid.
dude, no one cares.
Yeah they do.
argument

Post by argument »

Will wrote:
shepherd wrote:dude, no one cares.
Yeah they do.
No they don't!!
An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
Lauer

Post by Lauer »

I was waiting for argument to come along hahaha!
argument

Post by argument »

Lauer wrote:I was waiting for argument to come along hahaha!
No you weren't!!
An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
Lauer

Post by Lauer »

argument wrote:
No you weren't!!
Yes i was!! :evil:
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Lauer wrote:
argument wrote:
No you weren't!!
:lol: Best. Thread. Ever.

Are these my feet??
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
argument

Post by argument »

Lauer wrote:
argument wrote:
No you weren't!!
You most certainly were not!!
Lauer

Post by Lauer »

Fuck off argument you cunt!
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

argument wrote:
Lauer wrote:
argument wrote: No you weren't!!
You most certainly were not!!
Did you make pulp fiction???
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Yeah you did. Can I get your autograph??
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

I like french maids
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

I've often thought the word Jalopy (sp?) was rather a good one.

I'd like to find more uses for it
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

French maids in a jalopy?
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

we could even change the meanings around and make it a collective noun....

a Jalopy of French Maids

8)
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

I like your thinking BRB!
nic

Post by nic »

touch me now oh baroq one, take me back to the day of teh eternal stilllife and dainty fairies in gold leaf cornice adorned ballrooms?
strategem

Post by strategem »

I know the guys doing the lighting fit out for this, I am told the audio team is in house. For the interested people this new club is not only the old double o bar and the old embassy bar/ diplomat cafe but also a couple of floors above that too. I've heard varying reports but can tell you for a fact that the old hi fi offices were moved from this building to two floors above cookie to make way for the lvx development. LVX are interesting guys, several of them were some pretty high profile guys, like one of them was one of the dudes that started Strike bowling bar. Maybe not your cup of tea but certainly an earner, i heard the sum he sold his share for. Its big. Knowing the sorts of ventures they have been involved in in the past I was very surprised to see them (or at least one of their promoters) on here. We are not their cup of tea, hell we arent even a warm drink to them. Methinks they are basically just doing this all over trying to get the name out there as much as possible, I mean any talk is good right?
Dont doubt the fit out in terms of sound and lighting, it will be excellent. I'm just a little pissed i didnt even get the chance to tender for it!
Dubs- promotions is essentially about communication and your communication skills need working on. This is not an attack, your English is poor and a role like this one needs effective communication. As an aside, a pet hate of mine, you dont 'let people aware' you either 'let people know' or 'make people aware'
To the haters- I like your vitriol, no really, i love a good bit of vitriol but the attacks on dubs were getting pretty uncalled for. So the guy doesnt know yet, is that such a crime? its not like he is the venue manager, he's a promoter. Not promoter in the sense of 'event organiser' but promoter in the sense of ' guy on the street handing out fliers'. Also, you might wanna look at some of the clubs you frequent if the past of ONE of the people involved in LVX is of concern to you. I guaurantee (sp?) that there is shadyness in the background of EVERY venue in this city. Actually, probably better you dont look. What you dont know wont hurt you.
www.acousticweaponry.com
- vinyl pressing
- audio equipment
- production management
- pyrotechnics
mrj

Post by mrj »

nic wrote:touch me now oh baroq one, take me back to the day of teh eternal stilllife and dainty fairies in gold leaf cornice adorned ballrooms?
:smt044

simply awesome
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

:shock: At this thread goin for this long. Best read in a loooong time. :lol:
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

Direktor wrote:French maids in a jalopy?
Did someone mention my old band?

:lol:
mr lob

Post by mr lob »

lovin the merman ob1