The Movie/Film/DVD thread...

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
mecka

Post by mecka »

it was pretty much nothing like the MTV cartoon. The biggest problem was ever thinking it could have been a success as a mainstream Hollywood action film.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Saw Clerks 2 yesterday. Fuckin loved it! So dang funny! Sooooo many wrong things said though, had me cringing a few times, but still, it was damn funny. Well done Kevin Smith yet again :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

Started watching Night Watch...but I fell asleep half way through :lol:
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

saw 'You, Me & Dupree' on saturday and it was so gawd awful.

really had high hopes for it as well :cry:
...and basically that's the situation
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

saw Wah Wah last night.

not too bad...something about it didn't quite work though.
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

am /going/ to watch dave chapelles stand up tonight... must must must!

The rubber plant was surprised. If the rubber plant could have spoken, it wouldn't have said anything. That's how surprised the rubber plant was.
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

watched some Buster Keaton on the weekend.

i laffed.
one more medicated peacefull moment
www.dubstep.com.au
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

cha_chaos wrote:am /going/ to watch dave chapelles stand up tonight... must must must!
hell yeah!! 8)
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

saw Clerks 2 last night

bahahahahahaha

Jay's 'silence of the lambs' bit! Priceless :lol:
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
Will

Post by Will »

Watched Requiem for a Dream last night.

Unfortunately I was all prepped by everyone's comments beforehand so it was a bit of a let-down in the emotionally devastating stakes, but a good watch nonetheless.

The only thing that really got to me at all was what happened to the mum, only because she reminded me heaps of my own. Apart from that, who gives a fuck what happens to junkies, even if they are as hot as Jennifer Connolly.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Will wrote:Watched Requiem for a Dream last night.

Unfortunately I was all prepped by everyone's comments beforehand so it was a bit of a let-down in the emotionally devastating stakes, but a good watch nonetheless.

The only thing that really got to me at all was what happened to the mum, only because she reminded me heaps of my own. Apart from that, who gives a fuck what happens to junkies, even if they are as hot as Jennifer Connolly.
The mum was the one that got me too. She had me all teary as well, way too close to home for me. The other ones were just ewwwww
Will

Post by Will »

Lizkins wrote:

The mum was the one that got me too. She had me all teary as well, way too close to home for me. The other ones were just ewwwww
Yeah, I thought the black dude got off pretty lightly tbh. I thought the last shot of him should have been Bubba reaching over to pop his cherry.

Any why exactly were they both in jail anyway?
johnnynostars

Post by johnnynostars »

I saw that new Aussie film Kenny on the weekend. Farking hilarious! It's about a guy that works for a company that installs port-a-loos. Mockumentary stylee, with some great little one liners and awkwardly funny moments.

Highly recommended!
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Will wrote:
Lizkins wrote:

Yeah, I thought the black dude got off pretty lightly tbh. I thought the last shot of him should have been Bubba reaching over to pop his cherry.

Yeah i thought the same thing! He is the only one who got off lightly, well a part from losing his girl which is sad, but meh! In comparison to what happened to the others, thats bollocks!
gnat

Post by gnat »

Requiem is up there with my top 3 most disturbing flicks ever, along with 8MM and Deliverance

I liked it but I wouldn't watch it again
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
Will

Post by Will »

Lizkins wrote: Yeah i thought the same thing! He is the only one who got off lightly, well a part from losing his girl which is sad, but meh! In comparison to what happened to the others, thats bollocks!
I didn't even realise he'd lost his woman. I just thought he was all angsty because he didn't make his mum proud or some shit. Lame.

It also just struck me, why the fuck did the dude give that chick that huge thing of smack? It looked like he gave her fucken heaps, that would have been worth a few grand or so.

Sure, if you wanna bed some otherwise crispy clean piece of ass you might give up a substantial price, but if you're just gonna get her to go at it with another chick in front of a bunch of sexually deviant stock brokers, why wouldn't you just hire a pro? That'd cost you a couple of hundred max.

Plot holes aplenty in that little script methinks. Dude's must have been relying on shock to distract from their writing inadequacies. Losers.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Will wrote:
Lizkins wrote: Yeah i thought the same thing! He is the only one who got off lightly, well a part from losing his girl which is sad, but meh! In comparison to what happened to the others, thats bollocks!
I didn't even realise he'd lost his woman. I just thought he was all angsty because he didn't make his mum proud or some shit. Lame.

It also just struck me, why the fuck did the dude give that chick that huge thing of smack? It looked like he gave her fucken heaps, that would have been worth a few grand or so.

Sure, if you wanna bed some otherwise crispy clean piece of ass you might give up a substantial price, but if you're just gonna get her to go at it with another chick in front of a bunch of sexually deviant stock brokers, why wouldn't you just hire a pro? That'd cost you a couple of hundred max.

Plot holes aplenty in that little script methinks. Dude's must have been relying on shock to distract from their writing inadequacies. Losers.

We talking about the black guy yeah? He was the one who lost his bird, the one who wasn't involved in the stuff at all.

And i think the rich dude saw it as a game, well that is how i took it. He was playing around with the cute junkie or something. i dunno

been a while since i have seen it and i ain't rushing out to watch it again. i got the album too and i can't listen to the end of it cos it messes with me head. tis nuts!
Will

Post by Will »

gnat wrote:Requiem is up there with my top 3 most disturbing flicks ever, along with 8MM and Deliverance

I liked it but I wouldn't watch it again
I found Waterworld much more disturbing.

Can you imagine how much good you could buy with the $175 million it took to make that film? And instead we got Costner wanking for an hour and a half.

Please note, you could substitute any high budget shit film for Waterworld and any massive ego'd Hollywood tossbag for Costner, I'm just using it as it was the first example they came to mind.
gnat

Post by gnat »

Erm.. Eyes Wide Shut?

Kubrick or not- it was utter SHITE

Only film other than Strictly Ballroom I ever walked out on

Sup Will? :smt006
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
Will

Post by Will »

Lizkins wrote:
We talking about the black guy yeah? He was the one who lost his bird, the one who wasn't involved in the stuff at all.

And i think the rich dude saw it as a game, well that is how i took it. He was playing around with the cute junkie or something. i dunno

been a while since i have seen it and i ain't rushing out to watch it again. i got the album too and i can't listen to the end of it cos it messes with me head. tis nuts!
Yeah, talking about the same guy. I just don't remember a scene where she left him or anything, his gf just wasn't in the last bit.

And yeah, maybe it was just a game. I reckon NBA Live would be more fun.

What's on the album?
Will

Post by Will »

gnat wrote:Erm.. Eyes Wide Shut?

Kubrick or not- it was utter SHITE

Only film other than Strictly Ballroom I ever walked out on
Never seen all of Eyes Wide Shut, just fast fwded through to see Kidman's tits. Very disappointed.

Can't remember Strictly Ballroom.

I don't think I've ever walked of a film because it was really bad. I left Neverending Story because the wolf was so scary.

I've also stopped watching a bunch of films I've hired on DVD cause they were so shit. Nothing springs to mind right now.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Will wrote:
Lizkins wrote:

Yeah, talking about the same guy. I just don't remember a scene where she left him or anything, his gf just wasn't in the last bit.

And yeah, maybe it was just a game. I reckon NBA Live would be more fun.

What's on the album?
i'll lend it to you next time i see ya, its all the music from the movie going through the seasons. no actual "songs" per se, more a score. would that be the correct word? i think it is. It will make sense when you listen to it.
Will

Post by Will »

Lizkins wrote: i'll lend it to you next time i see ya, its all the music from the movie going through the seasons. no actual "songs" per se, more a score. would that be the correct word? i think it is. It will make sense when you listen to it.
Nice. The music was good in parts... the strings were nice and some of the breaks, but there was this really bad kinda "growl" sample that was used really badly and shitted me.

I should really get out of the house. I'm analysing this shit waaaahaaaaahaaaaaay too much.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Will wrote:
Lizkins wrote: i'll lend it to you next time i see ya, its all the music from the movie going through the seasons. no actual "songs" per se, more a score. would that be the correct word? i think it is. It will make sense when you listen to it.
Nice. The music was good in parts... the strings were nice and some of the breaks, but there was this really bad kinda "growl" sample that was used really badly and shitted me.

I should really get out of the house. I'm analysing this shit waaaahaaaaahaaaaaay too much.

well 3/4 of the album i really enjoyed, just the last part had me kinda going troppo a little. kinda like listening to nails on a blackbaord when on acid styles. ouch!
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

Miami Vice was possibly the most BORING movie I've EVER seen

:snore:
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Lizkins wrote:
Will wrote:
Lizkins wrote: The mum was the one that got me too. She had me all teary as well, way too close to home for me. The other ones were just ewwwww

Yeah i thought the same thing! He is the only one who got off lightly, well a part from losing his girl which is sad, but meh! In comparison to what happened to the others, thats bollocks!
What do you mean he got off lightly? He went to prison... not exactly light imo.

Though as Will commented, I have no idea why they actually ended up in prison. That's my only gripe with the fillum though.
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

Watched Jersey Girl last night... I actually found it quite a good watch, apart from the soundtrack i didnt find it a typical american movie...
i know all those watchers are totally cutting of K.Smiths Jersey Girl but like he said, if it wasnt by him then it wouldnt have gotten such a bad response. I totally agree, if you watch it and not think about Kevin Smith then its actually quite good.

so weird that J Lo was in it tho...

The rubber plant was surprised. If the rubber plant could have spoken, it wouldn't have said anything. That's how surprised the rubber plant was.
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

breaksRbest wrote:Miami Vice was possibly the most BORING movie I've EVER seen

:snore:

bahahaha, you actually paid to see it?!!
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Hardy wrote:
Lizkins wrote:
Will wrote: Yeah, I thought the black dude got off pretty lightly tbh. I thought the last shot of him should have been Bubba reaching over to pop his cherry.

What do you mean he got off lightly? He went to prison... not exactly light imo.

Though as Will commented, I have no idea why they actually ended up in prison. That's my only gripe with the fillum though.

the other dude lost his arm and the chick became a pro, and the mum went to the nut house. i dunno, but in my books, he got off lightly in comparison to those.
cj the taniwha

Post by cj the taniwha »

watched grizzly man the other night, really good doco by werner herzog about the guy that lived with grizzlies for 12 years and then got eaten, there was some gruesome audio floating about of the bears munching him and his g/f (which i can no longer find). i thought it would be crap but it was really good, the subject is a bit of a nutjob tho...
Back from the desert to stir things up a little :)
witty_pseudonym

a black man in a southern prison? i don't think that's getting off too lightly. :shock:
Will

Post by Will »

Hardy wrote:
Lizkins wrote:
Will wrote: Yeah, I thought the black dude got off pretty lightly tbh. I thought the last shot of him should have been Bubba reaching over to pop his cherry.

In comparison to losing an arm or having to dance cheek to cheek with another chick in front of a bunch of suits, yeah I think he got off lightly.

The film didn't specify how long he was to be in jail for, could have just been a night, and it didn't depict him getting all the 'added extras' like a bit of raping, so I don't think that's all that bad.
Flash

Post by Flash »

just saw snakes on a plane :lol:

have to say it was the most entertaining piece of shit i have ever seen!
tappy

Post by tappy »

cj the taniwha wrote:watched grizzly man the other night, really good doco by werner herzog about the guy that lived with grizzlies for 12 years and then got eaten, there was some gruesome audio floating about of the bears munching him and his g/f (which i can no longer find). i thought it would be crap but it was really good, the subject is a bit of a nutjob tho...
saw that recently too. Awesome film, really beautiful but it has this "stench of death" over it, which makes it even more compelling. Audio floating around? like, you've heard it? i didn't think it ever got out...
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

buuts wrote:just saw snakes on a plane :lol:

have to say it was the most entertaining piece of shit i have ever seen!
And you paid money to see it?? :shock: ppfffffffff.....
Part of me is strongly not wanting to see this, but the other half is somewhat curious to see how shit 'n cheesey it is.
Will

Post by Will »

I think a lot of people are vaguely curious about Snakes on a Plane for pure novelty value and to see how much it takes the piss, but I don't think anyone really believes it's going to be a particularly enjoyable movie watching experience.

Hopefully that translates into shit box office takings and studios see that it's better to put emphasis on creating good movies than generating hype. Ha.
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

Will wrote: Hopefully that translates into shit box office takings and studios see that it's better to put emphasis on creating good movies than generating hype. Ha.
Mmm agree. Has been a shitload of shit movies lately.
B0mBjAcK

Post by B0mBjAcK »

D wrote:
Will wrote: Hopefully that translates into shit box office takings and studios see that it's better to put emphasis on creating good movies than generating hype. Ha.
Mmm agree. Has been a shitload of shit movies lately.
Most movies these days are shit... snakes on a plane oh please!!!! Gimme Badgers On A Plane any day ;)

Just finnished watching season 2 of Scrubs today, that show Is always good. Been going 5 seasons and it hasn't lost any of it's appeal like a lot of other shows do.
That's so plausible I can't believe it!
XVi32 - It's a blog
Kulture - Melbourne Jungle/D&B blog
Melbourne D&B - Melbourne D&B Forum
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

watched 42up last night. pretty full on, anyone seen it? this guy does a documentary on about 6-7 peeps at the ages of 7, 14, 21, 28, 35 and 42. You see how people's ideas change and what happens to them.... its full on seeing dreams come and go and peoples lives change. the photos of how they all age are kind of scary

anyway was a full on watch. recommend it

factory worker

Post by factory worker »

cha_chaos wrote:watched 42up last night. pretty full on, anyone seen it? this guy does a documentary on about 6-7 peeps at the ages of 7, 14, 21, 28, 35 and 42. You see how people's ideas change and what happens to them.... its full on seeing dreams come and go and peoples lives change. the photos of how they all age are kind of scary

anyway was a full on watch. recommend it
I saw them a few years ago. It's good watching them in order.
The best way to cure a broken heart is to give the pieces away
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

^^^ yeah i think that the 42up movie are all of them put together... it was hell long

Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

anyone seen 'Thank you for Smoking'?

I'm seeking it tomos night, review seems good. anyone?
gnat

Post by gnat »

Going to see some chick flick called Friends With Money on Wed night- won tix to premiere

It's got Frances McDormand in it. Love her guts
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

gnat wrote:Going to see some chick flick called Friends With Money on Wed night- won tix to premiere

me too! she was great in Laurel Canyon :D
gnat

Post by gnat »

Mellogs wrote:
gnat wrote:Going to see some chick flick called Friends With Money on Wed night- won tix to premiere

me too! she was great in Laurel Canyon :D
And Fargo and Almost Famous and recently in that North Country

Frances rocks. Hard
witty_pseudonym

watch Alan Partiridge if you can find it.

funny.as.fuck.
dust

Post by dust »

witty_pseudonym wrote:watch Alan Partiridge if you can find it.

funny.as.fuck.
My favourite show ever (with the simpons).

Good call girl. Got both seasons on dvd if you want to borrow.

:D :lol:

mecka

Post by mecka »

Mellogs wrote:anyone seen 'Thank you for Smoking'?

I'm seeking it tomos night, review seems good. anyone?
must. see. this. movie.
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

i must see it, or you must see it ollie?
gaz

Post by gaz »

witty_pseudonym wrote:watch Alan Partiridge if you can find it.

funny.as.fuck.
lol Alan Partridge. was watching this the other night. He reminds me of a teacher i once had.

"Can you smell gas?"

"Sorry I had a scotch egg earlier." :lol: