JOHN B FOR $10!! @ BBA Rinse Out Sessions 2.12.06

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

DBoy wrote: Laundry got to be an option for more and more parties now right? Sounds great, looks good, feels right.
Been saying that for months now.... Laundry is BACK! :D
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

had to leave cos i couldnt fucken breathe (stupid ghey asthma) but the hour and a bit i saw was rather rad.

big ups. wish you were gunna be coming to our work xmas party Mr B. It's 80's and i need an outfit and some decent tunage lol.
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
deviant

Post by deviant »

nic

Post by nic »

loldan into the roflcage dan, go in in you get.
mecka

Post by mecka »

huge wrote:had to leave cos i couldnt fucken breathe (stupid ghey asthma) but the hour and a bit i saw was rather rad.
Hugh, should've hit me up for a ventolin hit.

I'm arsematic too and it sucks nuts.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

mecka wrote:
huge wrote:had to leave cos i couldnt fucken breathe (stupid ghey asthma) but the hour and a bit i saw was rather rad.

Same. During the night I realised that it'd be better if I kept it on me instead of in my jackie. If I lost my jacket, meh...but if I lost my Vento :shock:
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

mecka wrote:

i reckon i jacked up about 100 times that night. ventolin wasn't doing shit. twas lame as fuck. almost went to emergency. :/
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
mecka

Post by mecka »

fark that for a joke. i ended up in hospital last year being unable to breathe.

being an asthmatic smoker prolly doesnt help.
TimmyG

Post by TimmyG »

Funniest shit ever!!

John B's set was the cheesiest thing I've seen possibly ever, but he held his own. And yes, there are many interpretations to that statement... All of which are probably correct.

Wicked lead up set by Dan also. Was awesome to hear Quadrant - Faithless on the Function 1!

Good to catch up with a few faces I haven't seen in a while.

Big ups to BBA and Rolling Deep for a great night!
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

^^ I quit in July when I got sickly sick. By the time I had the brain capacity to realise I hadn't smoked for 3 weeks, I figured I've already quit so why take it up again. Then, 5 months later (last last Friday) I had my car accident and had a fag on the side of the road with the tow truck driver. Mistake. Trying to give it the flick again.
TimmyG

Post by TimmyG »

Wow that last post of mine landed slightly out of context...

Soz athsmatics and sick people :S
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

huge wrote:
mecka wrote:

i reckon i jacked up about 100 times that night. ventolin wasn't doing shit. twas lame as fuck. almost went to emergency. :/

holy crap Hughbert, that is no good at all :(
quick

Post by quick »

TimmyG wrote:Wow that last post of mine landed slightly out of context...

Soz athsmatics and sick people :S
rude prick :teef:
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

Direktor wrote:
DBoy wrote: Laundry got to be an option for more and more parties now right? Sounds great, looks good, feels right.
Been saying that for months now.... Laundry is BACK! :D
:scr1pt:
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

can they extend the 3am..ish thing though?
I know some like it that way, but that's just wind up time... 7-8am is finethanx:)
I know what you are going to say Direktor... its just a state of mind! :)
Scholtzy

Post by Scholtzy »

Cheese executed with class, excellent haha

Good night, John B is a proper entertainer, everyone seemed to be loving it!

did get a bit smokey in there hey, my lungs felt like death the next day.
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

try being a smoker *cough splutter* :evil:
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

ulyssian wrote:can they extend the 3am..ish thing though?
I know some like it that way, but that's just wind up time... 7-8am is finethanx:)
I know what you are going to say Direktor... its just a state of mind! :)
Too close to residences, I doubt it would ever happen. Big ups to the Laundry for staying open as long as they did on Saturday night :D

I used to live on Spring St just opposite the Laundry and we'd get people pissing in the alleyway at 3.07am. I can't imagine what it'd be like if they were open til 7am or something. Lizkins, you'd know about this, ay neighbour :wink:
deviant

Post by deviant »

tankerville is open, so why can't a music venue be open?
RGLZ

Post by RGLZ »

Dude dancing downstairs towards the end was the highlight of my night...
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

deviant wrote:tankerville is open, so why can't a music venue be open?
:lol: :lol: that makes me larf.

Of cource tankerville is open - we have to be sure that our people can sit on their arse at ANY time of the day and put their lives into a machine. Oh so important to play pokies 24/7, but music, what good will that bring? :roll: :shock:

Best to be have a town full of people with no rent money than happy, fullfilled people. :?

Fuckwits.
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

How very rude of me to.....Big ups also to Kallous for opening the evening with a nice mellow set, then Sean giving us some nice Old School sounds. Then Beatski giving us some nice liquidy sounds paving the way for Keir warming up the crowd, then Finna stepping up giving us the of tech! Mmm such variety that night for sure!
Fents

Post by Fents »

Lil MiSbreaks wrote:

Of cource tankerville is open - we have to be sure that our people can sit on their arse at ANY time of the day and put their lives into a machine. Oh so important to play pokies 24/7, but music, what good will that bring? :roll: :shock:

Best to be have a town full of people with no rent money than happy, fullfilled people. :?

Fuckwits.
Pays my wage :P

If there wernt pokies people would bet on two flies climbing up a wall, trust me, everyone wants a quick buck.
Lephrenic

Post by Lephrenic »

I had a great time on Saturday. The dance-off downstairs at the end of the night was awesome! Laundry certainly did the right thing putting in the Funktion1 but ripping out the air conditioning certainly made it hot as a fucker in there.
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

isn't tankerville allowed to stay open because it doesn't have music.

whilst i think it's kind of amusing they allow a 24 hr pokie venue, can you imagine if they allowed laundry to stay open til 7am ... then every other venue on the strip could request longer operating hours ... then you'd have an entire strip open as late if not later than Brunswick Street. Residents would be fuming and rightly so I think.

Lil MiSbreaks wrote:

Fuckwits.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Yep, as Shep said - it's because of the music.

Laundry (and most of Fitzroy) was the coolest suburb a few years back, before all these trendy fuckers moved in (coz it was tendy) and then complained about the loud music and "lewd behaviour", thereby killing off the cool suburb.

Now Laundry has some pretty tight sound restrictions, they've had to fully insulate the ceiling (which may explain the lack of A/C at present) and they have to be done at 3am.

It's a real shame, but it's the trendy fuckers who moved in that are to blame.

Personally, as everyone knows, I'm a big fan of the 3am license, although perhaps 4am wouldn't be such a bad thing.
I don't understand why people can't just go out earlier, rock out - and then either go home, or continue there partying elsewhere.
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

So why is First Floor open until 5 then?
Don't hate me for house
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Different location I'd assume.

A hell of a lot of houses back on to Laundry.

Also, there's some law about who can complain about sound levels. I think you've had to be living in the area before or after a certain date. Laundry has/had regular complaints from regular people, thereby stopping them from extending their license. Sucks.
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

shepherd wrote:isn't tankerville allowed to stay open because it doesn't have music.

whilst i think it's kind of amusing they allow a 24 hr pokie venue, can you imagine if they allowed laundry to stay open til 7am ... then every other venue on the strip could request longer operating hours ... then you'd have an entire strip open as late if not later than Brunswick Street. Residents would be fuming and rightly so I think.
Residents of CBD and areas like Fitzroy should move to the burbs if they don't want to live with the noise of a city.

Apparently they even complain about rubbish removal trucks and cause the operators all sorts of grief.

When will music get a fair go?
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

^ Fuckin' oath mate....

Makes no sense. People move to an area b/c the like the culture of it. Then they kill that culture off.

Why move there?

It's like Almax said about moving in next to Revolver, he knew what to expect. When other residents wanted to petition Revolver about the noise, he refused to sign it - for those very reasons.
deviant

Post by deviant »

I had a partition put in my letter box the other day to ban street spruking (sp?). Don't people have anything better to do? :roll:
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

deviant wrote:I had a partition put in my letter box the other day to ban street spruking (sp?). Don't people have anything better to do? :roll:
I have to say that does piss me off..

Not that I'd ever do anything about it.
Don't hate me for house
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Street spruiking shits me too.
Do your selling from inside your shop, please leave me alone to walk the streets in peace.
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

black star wrote:
shepherd wrote:isn't tankerville allowed to stay open because it doesn't have music.

Residents of CBD and areas like Fitzroy should move to the burbs if they don't want to live with the noise of a city.

Apparently they even complain about rubbish removal trucks and cause the operators all sorts of grief.

When will music get a fair go?
i agree - but is the licencing situation now any different to how it was 10 years ago? If not - then it's fair for the residents to object to it changing,

I agree people shouldn't move into an area due to the culture/liveliness of it ... and then try and restrict it when it interferes with their sleep etc.
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

deviant wrote:I had a partition put in my letter box the other day to ban street spruking (sp?). Don't people have anything better to do? :roll:
better than street spruiking ;) I'd agree there!
deviant

Post by deviant »

Direktor wrote:Street spruiking shits me too.
Do your selling from inside your shop, please leave me alone to walk the streets in peace.
dude, we're talking about the CBD here, how is a walk down the street any more/less peaceful with or without a bit of market-like hussle going on.

I think it's funny that someone would go to the effort of writing a manifesto and going around putting in everybody letter box over that.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

shepherd wrote:
i agree - but is the licencing situation now any different to how it was 10 years ago? If not - then it's fair for the residents to object to it changing,
The licensing "situation" may not have changed. But the amount and type of people complaining, or more importantly, living in live music suburbs, certainly has.
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

shepherd wrote:
better than street spruiking ;) I'd agree there!
They should have better flows. Some of the dribble that comes out of their mouth is ridiculous - if it wouldn't fire up people to get excited at a gig it aint gonna make me walk in a shop and buy something.
deviant

Post by deviant »

hehe, you reckon they should get actual hip-hop MCs to spruik for them :lol:

that would be ace
Last edited by deviant on Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

deviant wrote:
dude, we're talking about the CBD here, how is a walk down the street any more/less peaceful with or without a bit of market-like hussle going on.

I think it's funny that someone would go to the effort of writing a manifesto and going around putting in everybody letter box over that.
Oh ok. Sorry, I don't mind it then.

:?

I don't like it. I'm not on a crusade about it, but am I not allowed to comment?
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

deviant wrote:

I don't mind the hussle.

I don't particularlly like it when they stand inside the shop and ream stream of consiousness into a mic hooked up to a PA.

"I see a book, a book and a doll. Why not $3. Black pants, orchid, desk. Three for $6. Your lucky day"
Don't hate me for house
deviant

Post by deviant »

Direktor wrote:but am I not allowed to comment?
no, you're not

I demand you stop it.

:teef:
Last edited by deviant on Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
almax

Post by almax »

Direktor wrote:
It's like Almax said about moving in next to Revolver, he knew what to expect. When other residents wanted to petition Revolver about the noise, he refused to sign it - for those very reasons.

not only that i gave the fucker a right earfull as he had only moved in there 5 months earlier
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

almax wrote:
Direktor wrote:

not only that i gave the fucker a right earfull as he had only moved in there 5 months earlier
Good work Al!

LOL @ Dan :lol:
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

jbs wrote:
deviant wrote:

I don't mind the hussle.

I don't particularlly like it when they stand inside the shop and ream stream of consiousness into a mic hooked up to a PA.

"I see a book, a book and a doll. Why not $3. Black pants, orchid, desk. Three for $6. Your lucky day"

But the Cockney accent just makes it sound like Barry White!
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

they should be all like the spruiker from The Chaser.
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

Good discussion on thread topic.

:hijackedteef:
GO CATS! GO CATS!
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

kronz wrote:Good discussion on thread topic.

Go and sell some phones. :teef:
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

black star wrote:
kronz wrote:Good discussion on thread topic.

Go and sell some phones. :teef:

And you are?
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Mr Branson.