City of Melbourne Graffitti madness

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

cammo wrote: :(
fair enough on the complete disregard. but it can not be conformed to here n not there
i see graf as the same group.
its all about the art. caligaffiti
ach.
i cant win today.

but there is both good and bad in all things.
flipsides.

you have to admit that there is good taggers and bad taggers cammo, just like good artists and bad ones ? yesno??

and good djs and bad ? i can go on....
cammo

Post by cammo »

ghetto kitty wrote:
cammo wrote: :(
fair enough on the complete disregard. but it can not be conformed to here n not there
its all about the art. caligraffiti
ach.
i cant win today.

but there is both good and bad in all things.
flipsides.

you have to admit that there is good taggers and bad taggers cammo, just like good artists and bad ones ? yesno??

and good djs and bad ? i can go on....
true
cant have the good with out the bad
find it funny how everyone loves graf n hate tags
love art but hate the artist
great dj but shit tunes

there is no way in talking with govs departments cause they will be stuck in that metallity that graf is ok tagging sucks.
graf as a whole is great. take the good n the bad
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

cammo wrote: there is no way in talking with govs departments cause they will be stuck in that metallity that graf is ok tagging sucks.
graf as a whole is great. take the good n the bad
not our govt, they hate it all it seems.
and i heart graff.

i love giant throwies peeking from tops of buildings, i love tiny words of poetry, i love 3D objects glued to buildings, i love pasties and drippies and the smell of montana gold coming from a dark corner.

but i do not like ego, big upping, toying and slashing, and thats all part of it too.

flipsides....we humans are full o them

:)
Last edited by ghetto kitty on Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

flippo wrote:
shepherd wrote:
I have been in negotiation with some members of government to try and impose an "image" tax on comanies that appropriate images of the environment for sales of their product if they don't actually show that they are taking major steps to reduce emissions, waste and other problems created by the production/use of their product.
that's a great idea ... would be awesome if it happened. 8)
great thinking! How about a "you're stealing my great great grandkids fucking food and water fuckttards tax" for all these clowns with mamoth eco-footprints. How about a general "What the fuck have you done you cunts" tax for pretty much everyone :)

shit music and bad tellivision tax?
:lol:

A simple audit of the dude fron Nickleback who looks like the paddlepop lion, the Goo Goo Dolls, Meg Ryan and anything involving Gretel Killeen would generate MILLIONS for the bad TV/music tax.

Pump it into industry grants and a jail for the abovementioned.

Flippo, you are my new policy development minister in my dream government.
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

c'mon dudes - lay off nickleback :(

;)
deviant

Post by deviant »

shepherd wrote:'what have you done for cunts'
fuck 'em!

sorry, couldn't resist :lol:
flippo

Post by flippo »

C.I.A. wrote:
flippo wrote:
shepherd wrote: that's a great idea ... would be awesome if it happened. 8)
great thinking! How about a "you're stealing my great great grandkids fucking food and water fuckttards tax" for all these clowns with mamoth eco-footprints. How about a general "What the fuck have you done you cunts" tax for pretty much everyone :)

shit music and bad tellivision tax?
:lol:

A simple audit of the dude fron Nickleback who looks like the paddlepop lion, the Goo Goo Dolls, Meg Ryan and anything involving Gretel Killeen would generate MILLIONS for the bad TV/music tax.

Pump it into industry grants and a jail for the abovementioned.

Flippo, you are my new policy development minister in my dream government.
I will go mad with power. In the future, people will talk about the attrocities at Twister Clubnight, much like the way we talk about Auschwitz.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

This thread sounds familiar. Did we have this discussion early last year??? I'm almost sure of it...I'm having flashbacks of sitting in an office typing arguments abou graff. And I remember that word Cammo used "caligraffiti".

Great word by the way :wink:
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

cammo wrote:
Direktor wrote:
ghetto kitty wrote: thats exactly my previous point about tagging.

:wink:
:D
:(
its all about the art. caligraffiti
before you do a piece, you do a throw up, before that a tag, before the stencil the drawing or image you rip off. the person doing a piece would not have been able to do so if he did not start off wit a tag first. crawl before you run. its a natural progression. dont have to like tagging but it is all the same. i find beuty in the written word and the colur used.
in both so called groups each is done for its own reason. tagging for the art form or pieceing just to see their own name everywhere
Cammo, why can't people practise their tags at home then? Why do they have to practise it on people's cars/trucks/walls/houses etc... that just doesn't make sense. Why don't they build a wall in their backyard and practise there first - I really don't understand.

And why do we HAVE to take the good with the bad. Sure, philosophically we have to have both, but it doesn't mean we can't try to improve the ratio of the two.
Last edited by Direkt on Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

weve sorta talked about it already yes....

calligrafitttititititititititititititit

rocks.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

ghetto kitty wrote:weve sorta talked about it already yes....

calligrafitttititititititititititititit

rocks.
I know. Just answering Cammo's post.
cammo

Post by cammo »

Direktor wrote:Cammo, why can't people practise their tags at home then? Why do they have to practise it on people's cars/trucks/walls/houses etc... that just doesn't make sense. Why don't they build a wall in their backyard and practise their first - I really don't understand.
they do. can you understand now? prob not
flick of my old house
Last edited by cammo on Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

cammo wrote:
Direktor wrote:Cammo, why can't people practise their tags at home then? Why do they have to practise it on people's cars/trucks/walls/houses etc... that just doesn't make sense. Why don't they build a wall in their backyard and practise their first - I really don't understand.
Well, no. I posted up that I hate seeing tags about everywhere (on private property) - you said, and I paraphrase, that it's a necessary evil... but I'm not bitching about dudes taggin up their own property - my beef is with people doing it on other people's property.... Seems that we're agreed on that then.
cammo

Post by cammo »

Direktor wrote:
cammo wrote:
Well, no. I posted up that I hate seeing tags about everywhere (on private property) - you said, and I paraphrase, that it's a necessary evil... but I'm not bitching about dudes taggin up their own property - my beef is with people doing it on other people's property.... Seems that we're agreed on that then.
no. im not getting drawn into this. we are sitting on two different sides of the fence. but i wholeheartly disagree with you and respect your opinon. end of story
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

This is all going in a circle. Good to see the City of Melbourne sponsoring legal graf these days, at any rate.

Not so good to see the 1990 mindset in full effect.
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

cammo wrote: no. im not getting drawn into this. we are sitting on two different sides of the fence. but i wholeheartly disagree with you and respect your opinon. end of story
Not trying to draw you into anything. I am now very confused. But, I'll let it rest all the same...
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

I miss your warehouse Cammo. :cry:
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
lynt

Post by lynt »

We've discussed this so many times on MB.C, and it all ends up the same.

I'm with Cammo:
cammo wrote:we are sitting on two different sides of the fence. but i wholeheartly disagree with you and respect your opinon. end of story
Seriously. Think what you want about graff, tags, fast food, petrol prices, the war, shit tunes, "muzza's", abortion, the ashes, weight gain, Today Tonight, whatever... fact is, I know what I like, and I don't care if you don't... it doesn't mean we're not friends, it just means we don't agree.

So, agree to disagree, please!
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

lynt wrote:We've discussed this so many times on MB.C, and it all ends up the same.

I'm with Cammo:
cammo wrote:we are sitting on two different sides of the fence. but i wholeheartly disagree with you and respect your opinon. end of story
Seriously. Think what you want about graff, tags, fast food, petrol prices, the war, shit tunes, "muzza's", abortion, the ashes, weight gain, Today Tonight, whatever... fact is, I know what I like, and I don't care if you don't... it doesn't mean we're not friends, it just means we don't agree.

This has been a fairly civil convo hasn't it?
lynt

Post by lynt »

Sure. I'm just saying out of the several threads I could dig up on this exact topic, you'll see all the results are exactly the same. Civil or not.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

True true
deviant

Post by deviant »

lynt wrote:We've discussed this so many times on MB.C, and it all ends up the same.

I'm with Cammo:

I don't agree

:teef:
lynt

Post by lynt »

So, I like tags, how about you? :teef:
flippo

Post by flippo »

I'm with Cammo:

I know what I like, part of that is debate and discusion. I don't play the chameleon, if I disagree with something, particulary if it affects me or everyone else, I'm going to talk about it. Even if I just find it funny I'm going to talk about it. It's just discussion, dont oppress me :teef:
Liam_B

Post by Liam_B »

Probably a little of topic here but still relevant :)

check these pictures out from xmas day in london on the underground. They have been cleaned off now. I really like what they did to brixton but most of camden town looks terrible! Seems like war has been decleared!

Brixton bunnys strike! http://www.flickr.com/photos/alex_buchanan/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveknapik ... 440789560/
Last edited by Liam_B on Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
After reading about the evils of drinking the other night, I decided to give up reading instead...
lynt

Post by lynt »

flippo wrote:

I'm with Cammo:

I know what I like, part of that is debate and discusion. I don't play the chameleon, if I disagree with something, particulary if it affects me or everyone else, I'm going to talk about it. Even if I just find it funny I'm going to talk about it. It's just discussion, dont oppress me :teef:
Haha, go for your life. But you're about 5 graffiti threads too late. ;)
deviant

Post by deviant »

lynt wrote:So, I like tags, how about you? :teef:
I like tags too :)

Just out of interest, how do you feel about tags on the front door/window of someones house or business?

still ok?

Liam: those pics are farken excellent!
Liam_B

Post by Liam_B »

Liam: those pics are farken excellent!
Yeah, they are pretty cool aye! They should have left those up at brixton i reckon. Funny thing is i used to live near there not so long ago :)
After reading about the evils of drinking the other night, I decided to give up reading instead...
lynt

Post by lynt »

deviant wrote:
lynt wrote:So, I like tags, how about you? :teef:
I like tags too :)

Just out of interest, how do you feel about tags on the front door/window of someones house or business?

still ok?
They don't upset me.
deviant

Post by deviant »

I just got home and on my way here I noticed that someone has defaced the giant skull banner that is outside the republic building....... in a really crap way :evil:
Johnny Hooves

Post by Johnny Hooves »

ghetto kitty wrote: and i know at least eighty artists in this city who can do amazing legal walls, but they arent either 'connected' enough or 'in' enough with the 'right' people.
Welcome to the 'Business' of art and the challenge of networking
Johnny Hooves

Post by Johnny Hooves »

flippo wrote: dont oppress me :teef:
The opressed masses are revolting! :smt078
lynt

Post by lynt »

deviant wrote:I just got home and on my way here I noticed that someone has defaced the giant skull banner that is outside the republic building....... in a really crap way :evil:
That upsets me. :(
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

In before the lock. :)
Spherix

Post by Spherix »

tagging sucks, yes.
but it is part of the culture, and most talented graffers/artists also tag from time to time.
however, people like koma and bonez, vosko, who just blatantly 'get up' wherever and however possible, can fuck right off IMO.

LOL

yeh i said it
lowercase//Immerse//Tube10//BareDubs//Sub Continental Dub//On The Edge//Camino Blue
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

cammo wrote:
ghetto kitty wrote:tagging sucks, yes.
tagging rocks
one example, krink markers are my favs

Dude the drips make it look like a 10 year old has done it. Get some control of your equipment. Its not Jackson Pollick time. Its street art
cammo

Post by cammo »

kronz wrote:Dude the drips make it look like a 10 year old has done it. Get some control of your equipment. Its not Jackson Pollick time. Its street art
dude. drips are in. flow that ink. 15 yr old kids dont even know about waste ting ink. wot is street art slash wank art. first flick says it all. tagging wit my kid / kid you not.
shit get the kr bbok
block rock/dripping
Spherix

Post by Spherix »

im all for drips
lowercase//Immerse//Tube10//BareDubs//Sub Continental Dub//On The Edge//Camino Blue
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

Spherix wrote:im all for drips

Buy up on gloves then. ;)
flippo

Post by flippo »

so hot right now
unsoundbwoy

Post by unsoundbwoy »

sorry to drag this thread up again, but ...
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

...and basically that's the situation