Flyer hand outs at Good Vibes

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

mrj wrote:
gnat wrote:mrj said he can prob do it. any other peeps not going who can bring a stash and hand out?
word to that. I'm not going to good vibes but I'm more than happy to be out the front of the event handing out flyers at any time that is neccesary.

Glenny, happy to grab a bunch of flyers off you and co-ordinate this.

Anyone else want to be part of a posse handing out flyers?
me! me! :D
...and basically that's the situation
deviant

Post by deviant »

I'm happy to help, just not sure I can really make it down there @ 10PM :? I will be at another venue later though ;)
mrj

Post by mrj »

I think that going there at 10.00 would be limiting the audience, and hard to give people flyers as the mad rush occured.

I think its best if we head down there at 7.00 or so and stay there until 10.30 11.00 as people filter out at the end of the day.

Would be easy and nice and relaxing. Could take a picnic down. I might even wear a firemans hat. :violent3:
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
gnat

Post by gnat »

brilliant j

do EET!

fireman or stfu
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
mrj

Post by mrj »

heres a possible tactic....

If people don't take a flyer or don't seem interested we coud spray them in petrol and set them alight. Then we could quickly extinguish them and ask "do you think its a worthy cause now"?

Obviously not really in the spirit of chairty, but hey it would get peoples attention.
gnat

Post by gnat »

mrj wrote:heres a possible tactic....

If people don't take a flyer or don't seem interested we coud spray them in petrol and set them alight. Then we could quickly extinguish them and ask "do you think its a worthy cause now"?

Obviously not really in the spirit of chairty, but hey it would get peoples attention.
:smt043

can i choose the people we ignite?
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

im good at lighting up

:smt033

which gate will you be at ? or is there only one?

if im coherent enough to stand up, ill help on the way out too!!!

(id like fleirs to have inside lounge, hand out at more bass, generally annoy people with, give to artists in the auction too, so give kitty lots!!)
mrj

Post by mrj »

gnat wrote:

definitley.

I love the smell of burnt dunces in the morning.

it smells like justice.
gnat

Post by gnat »

mrj wrote:
gnat wrote:

definitley.

I love the smell of burnt dunces in the morning.

it smells like justice.

chargrilled jeff i likey too
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

yeah, that's cool. But anyone leaving Good Vibes at 7pm is a TOOL and probably shouldn't come to Fire Aid

:teef:
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

they could have had too many pingaz and need to go home. in an ambulance.

don't forget to give a flyer to the ambulance drivers too.
Friday

Post by Friday »

Big old NO from Jam unfortunately... :( :?
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

Friday wrote:Big old NO from Jam unfortunately... :( :?
they suck
...and basically that's the situation
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

its harder to take a no on this when its for charity :(
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

that's pretty ghey if you ask me. What possible reason would they have to say no?

they can't stop us from handing out flyers outside the gates though
Friday

Post by Friday »

handing out flyers outside the gates can be done of course. :D

it's totally their call and we have to respect it. it's sad but hey, what can you do.

their reasoning: 'Jam has every sympathy for this cause but our festival is intended as a time for everyone to forget such troubles for a short amount of time. All the best with the event.'
deviant

Post by deviant »

breaksRbest wrote:that's pretty ghey if you ask me. What possible reason would they have to say no?
dickheads... it's not as if they are even a competing venue
breaksRbest wrote: they can't stop us from handing out flyers outside the gates though
True, but it wont stop them from trying. I'd say be very careful. Security don't always act with your rights in mind.
mrj

Post by mrj »

BRB - I'll pick flyers up from you tonight yeah? Then I can act as the point of central co-ordination outside Good Vibes.

People who want to be part of the posse on Sat handing out Flyers PM your mobile number. I'll contact everyone on Sat and let em know where to meet me and we can tackle the task group stylez

I think gnatty's suggestion that people wear their MBC shirts is a a good idea. I've have three so I'll bring some them along for people to wear if they want.

Standard.
Friday

Post by Friday »

deviant wrote:
breaksRbest wrote:that's pretty ghey if you ask me. What possible reason would they have to say no?
breaksRbest wrote: they can't stop us from handing out flyers outside the gates though
True, but it wont stop them from trying. I'd say be very careful. Security don't always act with your rights in mind.
Hey Dan... Take it easy on them hey...

We asked permission and the said no and that is totally up to them to do that.

You may not agree with it or with their reasoning but it's their event and their choice.

It's nothing to do with being competiton for them as per their email. We have to respect what they're trying to do with their event...

We'll be finding lots of other ways to promote the gig and no doubt it will be successful anyway! ;) :D
deviant

Post by deviant »

Friday wrote:
deviant wrote:
Hey Dan... Take it easy on them hey...

We asked permission and the said no and that is totally up to them to do that.

You may not agree with it or with their reasoning but it's their event and their choice.

It's nothing to do with being competiton for them as per their email. We have to respect what they're trying to do with their event...

We'll be finding lots of other ways to promote the gig and no doubt it will be successful anyway! ;) :D
yeah, fair cop, dickheads may be a little harsh. I'm just always on the make the pie bigger side of the fence.

As far as outside the event goes I'd still maintain a certain degree of caution.
gnat

Post by gnat »

mrj wrote:BRB - I'll pick flyers up from you tonight yeah? Then I can act as the point of central co-ordination outside Good Vibes.

People who want to be part of the posse on Sat handing out Flyers PM your mobile number. I'll contact everyone on Sat and let em know where to meet me and we can tackle the task group stylez

I think gnatty's suggestion that people wear their MBC shirts is a a good idea. I've have three so I'll bring some them along for people to wear if they want.

Standard.
i'll take mine in my bag and chuck it on for flyer distribution. change of shirt will prob be on the agneda anyways

mb reprezent

i'm so getting you a plastic fireman's hat j :lol:
*catalyst

Post by *catalyst »

Some fliers for work would be a good thing, heaps of students/young people into tunes come thru my work.

How to cotton on to some flyers?
"Anybody want some motherfucking Earl Grey?" -Cleveland
gnat

Post by gnat »

j, dan's coming down to meet you for handout too
mrj

Post by mrj »

gnat wrote:j, dan's coming down to meet you for handout too
nice :D

should be mad
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

flyers & posters look SIK!!

I'll be at Workshop tonight to hand out a few bunches.