TOP FIVES (You Name It...)

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Lizkins wrote:
Terry Tate wrote:top 5 christopher walken movies (why not)

1. the deerhunter
2. the deadzone
3. pulp fiction
4. suicide kings
5. true romance/basquiat
pulp fiction? :? he wasn't it that was he? Another would be Sleepy Hollow 8)
He was in the best part of Pulp Fiction; he returns the watch to Butch, and starts talking Wigga stylez.. "I carried this uncomfortable hunk of gold up my ass for 2 years... ain't no gook gonna steal yo' birthright..."

Probably completely mis-quoted, but that man is my god. A cool old white guy. There aren't many of those around.

Top 5 cool old white guys:

-Christopher Walken
-Iggy Pop
-David Bowie
-Bert Newton
-ummm...
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

The Mixtress wrote:
Lizkins wrote:
Terry Tate wrote:top 5 christopher walken movies (why not)

1. the deerhunter
2. the deadzone
3. pulp fiction
4. suicide kings
5. true romance/basquiat
pulp fiction? :? he wasn't it that was he? Another would be Sleepy Hollow 8)
Yep, he played Bruce Willis's dad, talking about keeping his Granfathers pocket watch up his ass for years and years.

He kicked ass in True Romance too.

"There are 17 signs that a man is lying to you...more for women, but men have 17..."
He's absolutely GOLD in Welcome to the Jungle... And who could forget 'King of New York'.

Special mentions for the Saturday Day Night Live 'Cowbell skit'... :lol:
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Direktor wrote:
The Mixtress wrote:
Lizkins wrote: pulp fiction? :? he wasn't it that was he? Another would be Sleepy Hollow 8)
Yep, he played Bruce Willis's dad, talking about keeping his Granfathers pocket watch up his ass for years and years.

He kicked ass in True Romance too.

"There are 17 signs that a man is lying to you...more for women, but men have 17..."
He's absolutely GOLD in Welcome to the Jungle... And who could forget 'King of New York'.

Special mentions for the Saturday Day Night Live 'Cowbell skit'... :lol:
I want more cowbell!!

Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

:lol:
Terry Tate
Location: come in! this is lonely soldier! my location is....bookshop!

Post by Terry Tate »

as funny as the cowbell skit is i prefer the continental skit.
pure gold that.

and i dont really rate sleepy hollow. its good, but a movie with christopher walken, johnny depp and christina ricci in it should be amazing in my book.
New Hampshire's alright if you like fighting.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Terry Tate wrote:as funny as the cowbell skit is i prefer the continental skit.
pure gold that.

and i dont really rate sleepy hollow. its good, but a movie with christopher walken, johnny depp and christina ricci in it should be amazing in my book.

:shock: but its Tim Burton. I am in fucking awe of that dude. Imagination like a kid, awesome stuff. But yeah i guess Walken didn't have the best part, but fuck he looked scary so i give him props for that....and the make-up artist.
quick

Post by quick »

I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
strategem

Post by strategem »

Lauren wrote: Nice one! Been a while since i've listened to ska, think im gonna dust off my collection tonight tho....

My faves:

1. Goldfinger
2. Less than Jake
3. Buck o nine
4. Mad caddies
5. Vodoo Glow skulls/The specials/Reel Big Fish/Rancid

Fuck it, can't narrow it down :lol:

The Mad Caddies supported Royal Crown Revue a little while back. Man that was an awesome show. Mad Caddies singer had just gotten out of hospital that afternoon with mad back injuries. Apparently in the hospital he was all like "I got a show to do, just dose me up and discharge me. I'll be back after". Standing still he still managed to rock the show. You could see him reigning himself in everytime there was a point in a track where he would normally jump around.
www.acousticweaponry.com
- vinyl pressing
- audio equipment
- production management
- pyrotechnics
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

strategem wrote:
Lauren wrote: Nice one! Been a while since i've listened to ska, think im gonna dust off my collection tonight tho....

My faves:

1. Goldfinger
2. Less than Jake
3. Buck o nine
4. Mad caddies
5. Vodoo Glow skulls/The specials/Reel Big Fish/Rancid

Fuck it, can't narrow it down :lol:

The Mad Caddies supported Royal Crown Revue a little while back. Man that was an awesome show. Mad Caddies singer had just gotten out of hospital that afternoon with mad back injuries. Apparently in the hospital he was all like "I got a show to do, just dose me up and discharge me. I'll be back after". Standing still he still managed to rock the show. You could see him reigning himself in everytime there was a point in a track where he would normally jump around.
was that rcr show the one where they limited the number of tickets sold so there would be enough room for people to swing dance?

if so that was fucking rad :D
strategem

Post by strategem »

ummmm, dont think so. It was at the forum, it was fairly well full
www.acousticweaponry.com
- vinyl pressing
- audio equipment
- production management
- pyrotechnics
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

system wrote:Top 5 Woody Allen movies (NPO)
  • Match Point
  • Sleeper
  • Manhattan
  • Annie Hall
  • Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex * But Were Afraid to Ask
honourable mention to Mighty Aphrodite, but more for Miro Sorvino than anything. RRRROW!
omg, one of my mates is OBSESSED with Woody Allen. It's funny because I do Media at school and I always bring up the whole "woody allen caught with pictures of his step daughter " thing and he instantly just rants on about it to the teacher and the class saying its not wrong at all, and before i know it, class is over!
George likes spicy chicken
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

strategem wrote:ummmm, dont think so. It was at the forum, it was fairly well full
yeh thinking back mad caddies werent supporting.
i just wasnt sure cause i was rather drunken when i saw them.
i cant remember what venue i saw them at but as i said they had limited the number of tickets so people could dance and there were heaps of couples busting out crazy swing moves during their set and it was amazing.

and lizkins: dont get me wrong i did like the movie and its still better than most but i remember being so amped for it at the time and when i actually saw it i was kinda disappointed.
johnnys english accent needed work, like in from hell.
christopher walken was on point though. best part of that movie apart from christina ricci in a bodice :wink:

have you seen suicide kings? out of all the movies he's done its easily one of the best. and jay mohr is great in it as well, hell all the actors are kicking ass. its also got dennis leary in it and hes on fire! ranting about everything.

cause this is a top 5 thread

top 5 movies with a boston/mass. connection

1. suicide kings (dennis leary)
2. good will hunting
3. boondock saints
4. thomas crown affair (1968 version)
5. amistad

has anyone heard anything about boondock saints 2?
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Terry Tate wrote:
and lizkins: dont get me wrong i did like the movie and its still better than most but i remember being so amped for it at the time and when i actually saw it i was kinda disappointed.
johnnys english accent needed work, like in from hell.
christopher walken was on point though. best part of that movie apart from christina ricci in a bodice :wink:
Yeah all true. Still love it though. Watched the making of it and Tim Burton was cacking himself when Depp had to cut the tree and got blood all over him. they deliberately kept squirting more at his face just for the amusement :lol: me found funny :lol:
mrj

Post by mrj »

Top 5 light bulb jokes EVER

- How many Marxists does it take to change a light bulb
- None, the seeds of revolution and change are within the lightbulb itself

- How many Chiropractors does it take to change a light bulb
- Just one but it takes 30 visits

- How many Christian Fundamentalists does it take to change a lightbulb
- The bible doesn't mention lightbulbs

- How many Test Analysts does it take to change a lightbulb
- We just noticed it was dark, we don't actually fix the problem

and my personal fave

- How many Lawyers does it take to change a lightbulb
- Whereas the party of the first part, also known as "Lawyer," and the party of the second part, also known as "Light Bulb," do hereby and forthwith agree to a transaction wherein the party of the second part (Light Bulb) shall be removed from the current position as a result of failure to perform previously agreed upon duties, i.e. the lighting, elucidation, and otherwise illumination of the area ranging from the front (north) door, through the entryway, terminating at an area just inside the primary living area, demarcated by the beginning of the carpet, any spillover illumination being at the option of the party of the second part (Light Bulb) and not required by the aforementioned agreement between the parties.

The aforementioned removal transaction shall include, but not be limited to, the following steps:

The party of the first part (Lawyer) shall, with or without elevation at his option, by means of a chair, stepstool, ladder or any other means of elevation, grasp the party of the second part (Light Bulb) and rotate the party of the second part (Light Bulb) in a counter-clockwise direction, this point being non-negotiable.

Upon reaching a point where the party of the second part (Light Bulb) becomes separated from the party of the third part ("Receptacle"), the party of the first part (Lawyer) shall have the option of disposing of the party of the second part (Light Bulb) in a manner consistent with all applicable state, local and federal statutes.

Once separation and disposal have been achieved, the party of the first part (Lawyer) shall have the option of beginning installation of the party of the fourth part ("New Light Bulb"). This installation shall occur in a manner consistent with the reverse of the procedures described in step one of this self-same document, being careful to note that the rotation should occur in a clockwise direction, this point also being non-negotiable.
Note: The above described steps may be performed, at the option of the party of the first part (Lawyer), by any or all persons authorized by him, the objective being to produce the most possible revenue for the party of the fifth part, also known as "The Firm."
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

Wilson wrote:
system wrote:Top 5 Woody Allen movies (NPO)
  • Match Point
  • Sleeper
  • Manhattan
  • Annie Hall
  • Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex * But Were Afraid to Ask
honourable mention to Mighty Aphrodite, but more for Miro Sorvino than anything. RRRROW!
omg, one of my mates is OBSESSED with Woody Allen. It's funny because I do Media at school and I always bring up the whole "woody allen caught with pictures of his step daughter " thing and he instantly just rants on about it to the teacher and the class saying its not wrong at all, and before i know it, class is over!
one of my top 5 movies EVER is Annie Hall. classic.
...and basically that's the situation
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

A shameless plug Top 5, I know, but...

Top 5 reasons to come to Croft this Saturday night...

1. F
2. U
3. N
4. K
5. !

I'll think of something else when I got a bit of free time, I promise...

:D
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

Top 5 reasons why I love Melbourne Beats and cant seem to leave even when I have no time to be here...

1. A great place for likeminded people to discuss relevant topics that I'm interested in.
2. A promotional tool for promoters, DJ's and the like...including myself.
3. A great time waster when I'm supposed to be working...shame on me.
4. Always something on here that makes me smile or laugh...that has to count for something.
5. It's not ITM.

Enough with all this bitching lately. Been more locks than a prison and seriously, some of you are pushing it for what looks like no apparent reason than you're bored. Are your lives that uneventful that you consistently push the envelope on an electronic music forum that represents a small percentage of this scene just for the sake of it?

Get over yourselves...IT'S NOT WORTH IT!

Go outside, spin a record, play with your kids, cook dinner, read a book, watch a movie, build a model airplane, take out the garbage, have sex, write your life story, whatever...

Can we go back to talking positively about this scene and the music we all love? I know there's going to be negativity at some points, but discuss them like adults. PLEASE!!!

For the record, for those that may remember the Say What thread a while back (the house thread). I was Enrique Sanchez for those that didn't know, I got pissed that the thread was locked when we were just having a laugh and I left this forum because of it. I didn't come in here and spread negativity on all of you, cuz it wasn't my place to do that to this forum. What LC, Lynt and the rest have done with this forum is spectacular. Cut them some slack and follow the fricken rules. It's not hard to do...we're all adults. If you dont like the rules...LEAVE!!! That's what I did, but I couldn't stay away forever. I love this place and all this negative BS is lame. PLEASE STOP!!!
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

obliveus wrote:Top 5 reasons why I love Melbourne Beats and cant seem to leave even when I have no time to be here...

1. A great place for likeminded people to discuss relevant topics that I'm interested in.
2. A promotional tool for promoters, DJ's and the like...including myself.
3. A great time waster when I'm supposed to be working...shame on me.
4. Always something on here that makes me smile or laugh...that has to count for something.
5. It's not ITM.

Enough with all this bitching lately. Been more locks than a prison and seriously, some of you are pushing it for what looks like no apparent reason than you're bored. Are your lives that uneventful that you consistently push the envelope on an electronic music forum that represents a small percentage of this scene just for the sake of it?

Get over yourselves...IT'S NOT WORTH IT!

Go outside, spin a record, play with your kids, cook dinner, read a book, watch a movie, build a model airplane, take out the garbage, have sex, write your life story, whatever...

Can we go back to talking positively about this scene and the music we all love? I know there's going to be negativity at some points, but discuss them like adults. PLEASE!!!

For the record, for those that may remember the Say What thread a while back (the house thread). I was Enrique Sanchez for those that didn't know, I got pissed that the thread was locked when we were just having a laugh and I left this forum because of it. I didn't come in here and spread negativity on all of you, cuz it wasn't my place to do that to this forum. What LC, Lynt and the rest have done with this forum is spectacular. Cut them some slack and follow the fricken rules. It's not hard to do...we're all adults. If you dont like the rules...LEAVE!!! That's what I did, but I couldn't stay away forever. I love this place and all this negative BS is lame. PLEASE STOP!!!
I love you OB - I'm going outside to have sex whilst watching a movie in my garbage can attempting to re build a B 52 Bomber!

well written - nice work pal
Hatsudai

Post by Hatsudai »

Top 5 things I can't wait to do when I get to OZ in about 3 weeks time:

1: Sit out the back and have a beer with my dad
2: Eat a souva
3: Have a game of pool and a couple of pots.
4: Read Beat and Inpress (god I miss having these to read on a weekly basis)
5: Eat a custard tart
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

Top 5 Clint Eastwood movies...

1. In The Line Of Fire
2. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
3. Unforgiven
4. Dirty Harry
5. Every Which Way But Loose

8)
quick

Post by quick »

Top 5 hollywood chicks

1. Alyssa Milano

2. Scarlet Johansson

3. Jesica Alba

4. Charlize Theron

5. Jennifer Connelly
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Top 5 hollywood dicks:

Tom Cruise

Mel Gibson

Fabio

The Hoff

K-Fed
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
lynt

Post by lynt »

T MONEY wrote:TOP 5 WAYS TO SHIT PEOPLE
1. Call all the girls you know "dude"
2. Tell the same story over and over again as if it was the first time
Dude, I'm so busted.

Does it really shit girls? :?

ps: reading over this thread again is a pisser!
lynt

Post by lynt »

Top 5 things I've done this morning
1) Turned of my fucking alarm
2) Saw a hot naked lady asleep next to me
3) Had a shower
4) Ate not too soggy breakfast
5) Re-read this thread

Noteables
Found clean shirt
Realised I am 10 minutes early before having to leave
Shoes match shirt
gnat

Post by gnat »

Top 5 Human Qualities

Spirit
Sincerity
Self Respect
Selflessness
Spine
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Top 5 Letters in the Alphabet.

P - everyone needs to take a piss (or take the piss)
C - it helps to sea where you're pissing
B - to be or not to be
e - (um, just "e" but also "e" is for e-mail and thats good enough for me)
T - hot cuppa tea or yummy dinner (take your pick)

notables

J - always nice to smoke a good jay with friends
V - goodmorning kick arse drink
L, S, D
mrj

Post by mrj »

Top 5 ways to get better teeth by creating situations at the Churchill Pub on christmas eve that will result in non elective dental surgey.

1 - Have an unfamiliar face. I don't know anyone down there anymore really, but I don't get punched on Christmas eve because most people have a vague recollection of me from their childhood (don't we all). If possible fake an accent.

2 - Hate on Barnsey. When Khe Sahn comes across the jukebox and all the blokes but their arms around each others shoulders and start signing loudly, stand on your chair and loudly declare that Cold Chisel have contributed nothing to australian culture and that anyone that likes this song is ghey

3 - Casually mention to anyone that will listen that its not suprising that the Churchill reserves haven't won the past couple of years because the side lacks any commitment and leadership.

4 - Stand in Jacks corner. NO ONE is allowed to stand in Jacks corner, doing so will win you an instant trip to the ER.

5 - Wear a Green Peace t-shirt and force your way onto the karaoke stage and start reading aloud from a sheet that details the sum yearly carbon emissions for Loy Yang, Hazelwood, and Yallourn power stations. Conclude by declaring to all that coal fired power stations are a cancer of the earth and that they must go.
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

my top 5 foreign terms, expressions i enjoy yelling loudly.

1. j'accuse!

2. pourrais-je m'exposer s'il vous plaît vous?

3. guten tag

4. madre dios

5. kallisti
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

I forgot all about the Top 5's...

Top 5 vinyl buyers during my last foray into capitalism...

1. Lil Mis Breaks
2. Mij
3. Lynt
4. Ides
5. Andy Haufman

Everyone else tied at 2 apiece (and there were lots). Sorry I couldn't think of anything else right now...

:roll:
andy_hoffman

Post by andy_hoffman »

obliveus wrote:I forgot all about the Top 5's...

1. Lil Mis Breaks
2. Mij
3. Lynt
4. Ides
5. Andy Haufman

Everyone else tied at 2 apiece (and there were lots). Sorry I couldn't think of anything else right now...

and thankyou again my friend for those records ;)... and it's hoffman not haufman! :P haha
...................................................................................................................................................
no more epilepsy raptor jesus
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

andy_hoffman wrote:
obliveus wrote:I forgot all about the Top 5's...

1. Lil Mis Breaks
2. Mij
3. Lynt
4. Ides
5. Andy Haufman

and thankyou again my friend for those records ;)... and it's hoffman not haufman! :P haha
Top 5 Hoff's...

1. Andy Hoffman
2. David Hassilhoff
3. Hugh Hoffner
4. Hoff's Harbour
5. Iced Hoffee

:wink:
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Top 5 bad haricuts on myspace:

The #1 spot goes to this gem:

mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Must be mating season...
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

The Mixtress wrote:Must be mating season...
:lol:
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

Top 5 Clint Eastwood Movies

1. Dirty Harry
2. Every Which Way but Loose
3. The Unforgiven
4. The Outlaw Josey Wales
5. Heartbreak Ridge

(Just watched Every which way but loose for the 5000th time, and still laugh :lol: )

Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Top 5 Suicidal Tendencies songs

1) Institutionalized.
2) I saw you saw your Mommy…. And your Mommys dead.
3) Join the army.
4) How will I laugh tomorrow… when I can’t even smile today.
5) You can’t bring me down.
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

black star wrote:Top 5 Suicidal Tendencies songs

1) Institutionalized.
2) I saw you saw your Mommy…. And your Mommys dead.
3) Join the army.
4) How will I laugh tomorrow… when I can’t even smile today.
5) You can’t bring me down.
nice. mine would be

1. institutionalized
2. i saw your mommy
3. possessed to skate
4. war inside my head
5. suicides an alternative or i want more

TOP 5 MR BUNGLE SONGS

1. girls of porn
2. love is a fist
3. travolta
4. sweet charity
5. the holy filament
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Top 5 Frank Zappa tunes (off Joe's Garage)

1. Keep It Greasy
2. Catholic Girls
3. The Central Scrotinizer
4. Joe's Garage
5. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee

As soon as I hear the Keep It Greasy opening riff I start smiling, reminds me a bit of Winona's Big Brown Beaver...all country hoe-down :toothy7:
mrj

Post by mrj »

top 5 rumours that made me almost wet my pants on the weekend

1 - RATM are reforming and possibly doing a world tour
2 - RATM are reforming and possibly doing a world tour
3 - RATM are reforming and possibly doing a world tour
4 - RATM are reforming and possibly doing a world tour
5 - RATM are reforming and possibly doing a world tour

that is all.

Did I mention that its rumoured RATM are reforming and possibly doing a world tour
lynt

Post by lynt »

Top 5 Movie Opening Sequences
1) Contact
2) Fight Club
3) Casino Royale
4) Thank You For Smoking
5) Reservoir Dogs
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

I reckon that needs to be a 6 line list Lynt

6. From Dusk Til Dawn
gnat

Post by gnat »

mrj wrote:top 5 rumours that made me almost wet my pants on the weekend

that is all.

Did I mention that its rumoured RATM are reforming and possibly doing a world tour
bull SHIT

you better not be joking mrj
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Little Evil wrote:Top 5 Clint Eastwood Movies

1. Dirty Harry
2. Every Which Way but Loose
3. The Unforgiven
4. The Outlaw Josey Wales
5. Heartbreak Ridge

(Just watched Every which way but loose for the 5000th time, and still laugh :lol: )

My favourite actor of all time. I'd replace either 2 or 5 with "In The Line of Fire" though - awesome movie.
mrj

Post by mrj »

gnat wrote:

that is all.

bull SHIT

I wouldnt DARE joke about SOMETHING like that GNAT
Last edited by mrj on Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
lynt

Post by lynt »

holy fucking crap.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

gnat wrote:

that is all.

bull SHIT

:scr1pt:

Fuck me sideways.... please be true.... please!
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

The Mixtress wrote:I reckon that needs to be a 6 line list Lynt

6. From Dusk Til Dawn
7. apocalypse now

8. terminator 2

9. monty python and the holy grail

10. super troopers

there a nice rounded top ten!
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

gnat wrote:

that is all.

bull SHIT

Definitley doing a reuinion show and Chris Cornell has left Audio Slave due to irronciably musical differences - same excuse he used for leaving Soundgarden.
gnat

Post by gnat »

mrj wrote:
gnat wrote:

that is all.

bull SHIT

I wouldnt DARE joke about SOMETHING like that GNAT

good. or i'll dismember you
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

black star wrote:
gnat wrote:

that is all.

bull SHIT

Definitley doing a reuinion show and Chris Cornell has left Audio Slave due to irronciably musical differences - same excuse he used for leaving Soundgarden.
Source?

Is Zach back?