Skool of Thought (Supercharged) @ Revolver Dec 18th

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
lynt

Skool of Thought (Supercharged) @ Revolver Dec 18th

Post by lynt »

Saturday 18th December

SKOOL OF THOUGHT (SuperCharged \ Against The Grain)
‘Heavyweight Breaks 3’ tour w/ DJ’s RANSOM, LYNT and NICK THAYER

The driving force behind the award winning Against The Grain & SuperCharged record labels, home to the likes of the Freestylers, Krafty Kuts and of course Skool Of Thought. He is the guy responsible for the enormous Groove Armada ‘Superstylin’ and Beastie Boys ‘Fight for your right’ breaks bootlegs. Described by IDJ magazine as 'an underrated genius' for his Heavy Weight Breaks album and recognised by DJ magazine as helping form the 'nu skool breaks' scene.

After DJ’ing for 12 years and heading up the legendary "Carnage" club nights, he moved to Brighton and teamed up with renowned party rocker, Krafty Kuts. Another club venture quickly followed "SuperCharged" with the dynamic duo as residents and the long-standing partnership was formed. Today guest spinners at SuperCharged read like a who’s who of the breakbeat scene, with the likes of the Stanton Warriors, Plump DJ’s and Rennie Pilgrem.

Skool of Thought’s successful transition from DJ to producer has brought about two new record labels: "Against The Grain" & "SuperCharged", with Skool Of Thought as label manager selling over quarter or a million records world-wide. Their current Freestylers ‘Raw As F**k’ project has seen massive success with the Push Up single selling 100,000 copies reaching top ten if 5 countries and even went to number 2 in Australia. Forthcoming highlights include new albums from Krafty Kuts, Splitloop and Heavyweight Breaks volume 3 mixed by Skool Of Thought.
http://www.superchargedmusic.com

Tickets $10 on the door ($12 after midnight)

Yay!
lynt

Post by lynt »

Well I'll be there ... fuckyaz. :twisted:
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

you played alongside in the same room last time ya?

Definately got the skills and selection to get that room rocking, may find me in the back corner couch...
lynt

Post by lynt »

yah, had opens. he'll have some pretty slick shit. trainspotters paradise.
lucas
emission reductionist

Post by lucas »

I wish I could go.

Company Christmas weekend away. Doh. =(
quick

Post by quick »

lucas_chan wrote:Company Christmas weekend away. Doh. =(
Sounds like a nice consolation tho :)
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

so so so so so wanna go!

:D
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

i remember when lloyd played last year ... solid selection. Then jetted off to Lounge to see Kenobi and NuBreed ... the hangover was one for the ages!

good feature on S.O.T in this weeks Zebra too.
lynt

Post by lynt »

Massive night, nothing beats a full floor at 7am. I love Revolver. :twisted: