New track up to kick your Aussie arses;)

Tips, hints, help, tech support, setups, systems and all things related to making phat beats. Post your latest production for all to hear & review. Or quiz the resident nerds about that tech problem you just can't figure out.
Direkt

Re: New track up to kick your Aussie arses;)

Post by Direkt »

Sounds cool mate... I like it...
tactik

Post by tactik »

I like it so far... very solid drums.. though could do with some more variation in the beat structure.

Has a good atmosphere of suspense... I think you could really milk that... keep the suspense riding.. use a slightly lighter beat for the beginning... (and find some other brass hits and random breathy samples).
Then you could almost imperceptibly bring up the bass as an almost solid sequence (monophonic and long release).. just slowly increasing the volume over 20-30 bars.... and then as it drops.. cut out most of the FX you have floating around.. and drop the heavier beat opn the shorter-release bassline.

It has that rolling vibe.. so make sure it doesn't get too boring.
Keep it up.
autumnleaves

Post by autumnleaves »

really cool.
I don't know, I'm kind of going the other way a little bit from tactik.. it's a little bit too atmospheric, there's nothing to kind of hook into to keep you along for the ride, so you kind of get a bit lost. maybe use that kind of trumpet-sounding thing (the.. dun duhhhhhhhhhhh one) to make a little melody loop that you can get sucked into?
but I really like the vibe and the drums.