TEN YEARS OF NOTHING - not one fucking thing!

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
nic

Re: THE THREAD ABOUT NOTHING!

Post by nic »

as a bro footy and raep is an ozzie right/

all footballers are criminals just waiting to assault someone.

footy is a crime, there aren't even any proper football hooligans (which is telling of a poor sport) these AFL cunts will bash anyone, not interested in bashing other teams, they lack direction and focus which makes them the lowest of crims. as far as footballers are concerned its teh AFL BROverhood vs. Swanston st.

Not right at all - why cant teh Collywobbles fans get together and beat 10 shades of shit out of Teh Blues at the Botanical Gardens one sunday after a night out assaulting slutz at 161?

we prob should put in money and kidnap Fevolas kids and pull their fingernails out over chatroulette so he gets a feeling for what its like seeing his face on teh paper everyday.
almax

Post by almax »

Lizkins wrote:i reckon its all a matter of perspective. you could say people into art are snobby as a generalisation. i love art and going to exhibitions and the theatre, and know this is not true, but someone not into art could have this perception. but would they be right?

lack of understanding or perception about something because you are not interested in it. you just see an outside perspective of something like a football match, and presume everyone there are drunken hoons who wear their team colours plastered on their faces and scream and carry on.

the media does carry on about sport (especially on the standard channels), but is that the person who likes that sports fault?
:scr1pt:amundo

Stereotypes exist for a reason though, it not like they just come from no-where. Sure there are alot of bogans at sporting event and alot of snobs at art galleries but just live and let live, who gives a toss.
TV is a reflection on what Australian society wants, they vote with their feet, when was the last time an art gallery in Australia attracted 6.4 million ticket sales in 6 months? (AFL 2009 gate receipt figures)
Its just the way Australia is and if that's not to your liking you could always move OS and let some refugees take your place, people that are literally dying to get here.

...and LOL nic ^^^
nic

Post by nic »

jesus christ its like a young Nationals convention
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

Lizkins wrote:i reckon its all a matter of perspective. you could say people into art are snobby as a generalisation. i love art and going to exhibitions and the theatre, and know this is not true, but someone not into art could have this perception. but would they be right?

lack of understanding or perception about something because you are not interested in it. you just see an outside perspective of something like a football match, and presume everyone there are drunken hoons who wear their team colours plastered on their faces and scream and carry on.

the media does carry on about sport (especially on the standard channels), but is that the person who likes that sports fault?
I'm talking about a very tangible, media-constructed generic role-model, a stereotype.

Unfortunately when it comes to popular culture - its defined by the people who support it. And criticised by exactly the same token.
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
youthful_implants

almax wrote: Its just the way Australia is and if that's not to your liking you could always move OS and let some refugees take your place, people that are literally dying to get here.
are you sure you'd want that though? you'd probably end up with somebody foreign and god forbid - not a true blue Ozzie like you!
Last edited by youthful_implants on Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strontium Music

deviant

Post by deviant »

nic wrote:as a bro footy and raep is an ozzie right/

all footballers are criminals just waiting to assault someone.

footy is a crime, there aren't even any proper football hooligans (which is telling of a poor sport) these AFL cunts will bash anyone, not interested in bashing other teams, they lack direction and focus which makes them the lowest of crims. as far as footballers are concerned its teh AFL BROverhood vs. Swanston st.

Not right at all - why cant teh Collywobbles fans get together and beat 10 shades of shit out of Teh Blues at the Botanical Gardens one sunday after a night out assaulting slutz at 161?

we prob should put in money and kidnap Fevolas kids and pull their fingernails out over chatroulette so he gets a feeling for what its like seeing his face on teh paper everyday.
:scr1pt:
deviant

Post by deviant »

youthful_implants wrote:
almax wrote: Its just the way Australia is and if that's not to your liking you could always move OS and let some refugees take your place, people that are literally dying to get here.
that makes you sound like an idiot. :wink:
Seriously... If you don't like it GTFO :arrow:

:teef:
almax

Post by almax »

youthful_implants wrote:
couldn't care less what you think
youthful_implants

almax wrote:
youthful_implants wrote:
couldn't care less what you think
I think you missed this in my post
What I'm saying has got nothing to do with Australian culture specifically and everything to do with not wanting to join the mindless hordes.
Strontium Music

deviant

Post by deviant »

Alex is an immigrant... he's actually here to take your place al...

time to go mate :arrow:
almax

Post by almax »

deviant wrote:Alex is an immigrant... he's actually here to take your place al...

time to go mate :arrow:
But i like sport and stuff bro
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

nic wrote:jesus christ its like a young Nationals convention
:smt005

Stereotypes are awesome, they help me judge people by their external appearance and assume things about them, like their favorite lindt ball flavour, or whether they freeball or go the tighty whitey. OI OI OI!!!!!

When you travel OS and all the people in your new town are all 'what is with you Ossies (wit the emphasis on the 's' noise) and your scary attitude to winning and sport', it kinda takes any remaining glitter off GOLD!!! OI OI OI!!!

And I don't class 'carn the random bird-based football team' as pig-headed nationalistic FA1Ldom... whatevs to that. OI OI OI!!!!!!!!!
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
deviant

Post by deviant »

A dingo ate my baby!
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

deviant wrote:A dingo ate my baby!
Quick... to the Scooby-van!

Blargh. So over the biomedical library. Full of stinky unwashed student types. Stop tongue-pashing your girlfriend in the botany aisle. Go beat off in the gents and head on down to the graduate lawns for some uninterrupted christian-style dry-humping. That way I don't have to listen to your revolting lips sucking at her tonsils.
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
almax

Post by almax »

lots of group secks in cults
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

He has a stiffy and a wet patch on his jeans. I think this is the first girl who has let him touch her in her area.

Can smell the urges from here.

Get a room.
deviant

Post by deviant »

sounds like they've got a perfectly good room already
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Lol Dan :lol:

Going outside. Over this.
almax

Post by almax »

sound like he may need some more room in his pants though
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

C.I.A. wrote:

Stereotypes are awesome, they help me judge people by their external appearance and assume things about them, like their favorite lindt ball flavour, or whether they freeball or go the tighty whitey. OI OI OI!!!!!

When you travel OS and all the people in your new town are all 'what is with you Ossies (wit the emphasis on the 's' noise) and your scary attitude to winning and sport', it kinda takes any remaining glitter off GOLD!!! OI OI OI!!!

And I don't class 'carn the random bird-based football team' as pig-headed nationalistic FA1Ldom... whatevs to that. OI OI OI!!!!!!!!!

hang on, you rant on and on about being sterotyped by others in your field of work. Them thinking you are not in charge of all the work you do because you are a short sweet looking female. Is this just pay back? Are they the type you would imagine at a sports event on the weekend singing ozzie etc etc

YI - you are from London yeah? Doesnt London have a massive sports, beer guzzling etc etc group of people. if you watch the sports or even reality tv show, that is the impression you could get of Londoners. glass houses much?

nic - not getting what you are saying...confused
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

lol nic
make as much scents as he wants
youthful_implants

Lizkins wrote:
C.I.A. wrote:

hang on, you rant on and on about being sterotyped by others in your field of work. Them thinking you are not in charge of all the work you do because you are a short sweet looking female. Is this just pay back? Are they the type you would imagine at a sports event on the weekend singing ozzie etc etc

YI - you are from London yeah? Doesnt London have a massive sports, beer guzzling etc etc group of people. if you watch the sports or even reality tv show, that is the impression you could get of Londoners. glass houses much?
Liz you have mistakenly assumed I was talking about Ozzie culture which I wasn't. I'm talking about Sport-culture which is worldwide and the macho, hedonistic nonsense that goes with it.

I'm talking about Footy and Football players being more newsworthy than warzones, their vacuous girlfriends being more famous than award winning actresses.

And I'm talking about all the deluded fools who lap that up as a lifestyle, as a modus operandi and believe it to be content worth investing in.
Strontium Music

almax

Post by almax »

youthful_implants wrote:
I'm talking about Footy and Football players being more newsworthy than warzones, their vacuous girlfriends being more famous than award winning actresses.

And I'm talking about all the deluded fools who lap that up as a lifestyle, as a modus operandi and believe it to be content worth investing in.
Totally with you on that!
News should be newsworthy not fkn gossip.

....although Lara Bingle was a cricketers girlfriend :smt002
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

okay okay i totally agree with you. but then the argument would be the media! i guess its the chicken or the egg scenario though aye. did gossip crap magazine stuff come first? or the want from people to read about it?

did football culture used to be like this? or did the fans cause it? did their agents cause it? did each governing sports body cause it to get more attention/money?
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
youthful_implants

Lizkins wrote:okay okay i totally agree with you. but then the argument would be the media! i guess its the chicken or the egg scenario though aye. did gossip crap magazine stuff come first? or the want from people to read about it?

did football culture used to be like this? or did the fans cause it? did their agents cause it? did each governing sports body cause it to get more attention/money?
I think I said earlier these things are driven by demand so the people equally at fault as the gangbanging, egomaniac sportsmen are the ordinary people who think they're superstars.

which is where I think the whole bro-culture Nic's on about, is coming from. :lol:
Strontium Music

witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

Oh boozey lunches. Always such a good idea at the time, always so painful a couple of hours later. :tard:
youthful_implants

I would like some booze. Hurry up 4.30pm pleeeese.
Strontium Music

deviant

Post by deviant »

I would like some booze too...

hurry up wednesday (pay day :cry: )
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Lizkins wrote:
C.I.A. wrote:

nic - not getting what you are saying...confused
I rant on and on about overfishing/deforestation/the rape of our planet. I'm struggling to remember the last time I had a whine about being called 'shortie'... in fact I get mad props at work now for being small and dangerous. Not payback, social commentary. I'm sure there are some lovely people who yell OI OI OI. I'm talking about the douche cohort who wear the Australian flag and some boardies and go beat up cab drivers in Cronulla. Nuff said.
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Speaking of which...
http://www.economist.com/science-techno ... s_box_main
IT WAS a moment of some drama when delegates assembled in Doha came to vote on a ban in the trade in bluefin tuna on March 18th. The previous evening many representatives of the 175 member nations of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) had been at a reception at the Japanese embassy. Prominent on the menu was bluefin tuna sushi. On the agenda the next day at the CITES meeting was a proposal to list the bluefin tuna as sufficiently endangered that it would qualify for a complete ban in the trade of the species (The Economist supports such a ban).

The complex proposal called for further discussion of the bluefin tuna’s plight. Europe, the United States, Monaco and Norway were hoping to move to an adjournment, which would have allowed a proper investigation of the issues over the weekend. Kevern Cochrane, the representative from the UN’s Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO), agreed. He also acknowledged that the official FAO panel had decided that the species met the scientific criteria for listing as a sufficiently endangered species qualifying for a trade ban--the bluefin tuna population has dropped below 15% of its maximum historical level.
Suffice to say that the ban failed and Choona is dededed.

Over and out.
bonsai

Post by bonsai »

C.I.A. wrote:Speaking of which...
http://www.economist.com/science-techno ... s_box_main
IT WAS a moment of some drama when delegates assembled in Doha came to vote on a ban in the trade in bluefin tuna on March 18th. The previous evening many representatives of the 175 member nations of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) had been at a reception at the Japanese embassy. Prominent on the menu was bluefin tuna sushi. On the agenda the next day at the CITES meeting was a proposal to list the bluefin tuna as sufficiently endangered that it would qualify for a complete ban in the trade of the species (The Economist supports such a ban).

The complex proposal called for further discussion of the bluefin tuna’s plight. Europe, the United States, Monaco and Norway were hoping to move to an adjournment, which would have allowed a proper investigation of the issues over the weekend. Kevern Cochrane, the representative from the UN’s Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO), agreed. He also acknowledged that the official FAO panel had decided that the species met the scientific criteria for listing as a sufficiently endangered species qualifying for a trade ban--the bluefin tuna population has dropped below 15% of its maximum historical level.
Suffice to say that the ban failed and Choona is dededed.

Over and out.
Thanks for this. Interesting read..... i had no idea it was at that stage.
Upcoming....
DNB Sessions Sundays 10.30pm // KISSFM.com.au // 87.6FM
Total Science - 26th June @ Mercat
almax

Post by almax »

:( :? :angry5:
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

deviant wrote:I would like some booze too...

dont you mean thursday?
...and basically that's the situation
almax

Post by almax »

deviant

Post by deviant »

Mellogs wrote:
deviant wrote:I would like some booze too...

dont you mean thursday?
mine goes in on Wednesday night ;)
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Morning Beaters and Bleepers,

Drunken weekend hurty now.
Smashed a bunch of drinks with my team from work on Friday.
Shared 8 bottles of wine with my mate and did some recording on Saturday night.
Much shannigans.
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

watching the healthcare debate on c-span ... the republicans are a pack of shameless cunts.
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

Can someone please explain what has gone on on mb.c over the last 2-3 months.

Never post anymore, just dont have time.
GO CATS! GO CATS!
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Has anything happenned is the question?
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

I would say NO
GO CATS! GO CATS!
almax

Post by almax »

fooishbar wrote:watching the healthcare debate on c-span ... the republicans are a pack of shameless cunts.
and they're voting, gonna be close, 26 of the democrats have voted "nay"
so far
almax

Post by almax »

ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

Al !! i can't stop laughing at that !! bwhahahah!!
almax

Post by almax »

ginger or not, that kid is a freak!

but he is a freak thats laughing all the way to the bank
Amick

Post by Amick »

almax wrote:Image
and raise you a...

Watch the posted video on YouTube.

:wink:
nic

Post by nic »

<3
aroes

Post by aroes »

DIE
Amick

Post by Amick »

hawt elephant but the girl needs sum face surgeries.