Time to Grow Up

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
deviant

Post by deviant »

I like fisting 8)
almax

Post by almax »

Direktor wrote:^ Are you for real Quick?
they take their footy real serious in the west

carn hawks
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

quick wrote:
certain members have repeatedly commented on this issue just to get a rise out of me... which I don't appreciate. Anyones opinion is well valid, but if you only comment about it to shut me down when I have a big up about it, repeatedly, then thats just pathetic. Because in the end, the issue isn't about footy, it's about trying to frustrate or annoy the poster.
Fuck mate, I WISH that was my only beef with footy.

Try barracking for the most unsuccesful team in the league for 20yrs, copping shit on a daily basis.... part and parcel with footy IMO.

Not that I support hanging shit on people. And I agree with what you've said mate, but I'd personally LOVE to be in your shoes with the only problem your club has is that one of it's star players took coke and rocked out...

At least you've got a fucking wicked midfield and have tasted plenty of success. Water off a ducks back mate...

PS: Bigups Cousins... awesome player, great to see him back in full-flight.
Last edited by Direkt on Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

ghetto kitty wrote:.......... and as i consider myself similar in views and ways of communicating them,

really? I disagree

that's not dissing LE, just saying I think you have hugely different ways of getting your point across

If that's why you censor yourself, then IMO there's really no need
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

deviant wrote:I like fisting 8)
Who doesn't mate?
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

someone with a small.........

:P
almax

Post by almax »

...mind?
almax

Post by almax »

sheesh, this is a thread about growing up and its turned into fisting lol
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Why, you reckon kids do that?

You're sick Al.
ShiKung

Post by ShiKung »

I think there are two different topics on debate here.

1)The right to express an extreme opinion about a topic

2)People posting (supposed) quick witted jibes about other people's posts.

Sometimes when it comes to 2) its difficult to know who is mates with who, that turns an insult into an in-joke larf. I think some of these comments make people think that its OK to diss people out for comments.

I know I dont post things on MB that i post elsewhere for fear of judgement or comments about things as insignificant as my proof-reading.

But the thing is some people take this site as a serious past time and some think of it as light entertainment. You wont be able to seperate them, I've just learnt to deal with it!
deviant

Post by deviant »

Personally I don't see any bullying really.... I may be blind, but let's just un-ban LE and be done with it. Then we can all work on not being so offended by things.... if someone says something rough, then don't feel complelled to post back, just read another thread.

Mind you, there is a line and maybe it's crossed from time to time. but, meh...

Kitty, seriously you have NOTHING to worry about. I can't say that strongly enough.
Scotrod

Post by Scotrod »

I was about to post something about how no one has the right to harass or intimidate anyone on this forum, but then when it does happen, I end up glued to the bloody computer screen, with my finger on the refresh button!!! :oops: :lol:
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

deviant wrote:Personally I don't see any bullying really.... I may be blind, but let's just un-ban LE and be done with it. Then we can all work on not being so offended by things.... if someone says something rough, then don't feel complelled to post back, just read another thread.
thats exactly how i feel about it.

and, im only worried casue of the fact that today, i started biting my tounge
and realised why i was doing so.

im psychic, i know what your all thinknig....
no really. (but that WAS the thread i edited myself on)

final call > please, mods, can we un ban LE? vote? summin?
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

quick wrote:
certain members have repeatedly commented on this issue just to get a rise out of me... which I don't appreciate. Anyones opinion is well valid, but if you only comment about it to shut me down when I have a big up about it, repeatedly, then thats just pathetic. Because in the end, the issue isn't about footy, it's about trying to frustrate or annoy the poster.
Surely that's a matter of perspective though? You may see it as a personal attack, when the truth of the matter is that some people may just find drugged up footy players really funny.

I think people also need to recognise the diffeence between a personal attack and a personal opinion.
deviant

Post by deviant »

I think quick is cute with how upset he gets over footy.... he REALLY gets upset about it, I find it funny, I'd love nothing more than to rip into a good bit of shit giving (standard)

BUT, I've seen just how seriously he takes it and upset he gets SO I choose not to.
not coz I care about him that much, I just can't be fucked :teef: jokes

however, I also believe that he needs to HARDEN THE FUCK UP!! :lol:
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

ghetto kitty wrote:
deviant wrote:Personally I don't see any bullying really.... I may be blind, but let's just un-ban LE and be done with it. Then we can all work on not being so offended by things.... if someone says something rough, then don't feel complelled to post back, just read another thread.
thats exactly how i feel about it.

and, im only worried casue of the fact that today, i started biting my tounge
and realised why i was doing so.

im psychic, i know what your all thinknig....
no really. (but that WAS the thread i edited myself on)

final call > please, mods, can we un ban LE? vote? summin?

You do not argue like LE does, not at all. I don't even understand what you are saying on the subject because the reason LE was banned was due to the numerous times he attacked people personally and even threatened to punch someone off the forum due to an argument on here (though that was some time ago and he hasn't done it since to my knowledge).

Feel free to express yourself Kitty, but don't expect everyone to fall at your feet kissing them for your opinions, cos not everyone agrees with each others opinions on here.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

Lizkins wrote: I don't even understand what you are saying on the subject because the reason LE was banned was due to the numerous times he attacked people personally and even threatened to punch someone off the forum due to an argument on here (though that was some time ago and he hasn't done it since to my knowledge).
sure, im bringing it up casue i feel strongly about it. as i said before, i was banned recently from somewhere else, for similar reasons.

and if it was some time ago, why still ban him for a hardly there argument with foo now?
Feel free to express yourself Kitty, but don't expect everyone to fall at your feet kissing them for your opinions, cos not everyone agrees with each others opinions on here.
liz > i never fucknig said i wanted people to 'fall at my feet' sheesh.
ive been very clear about my love for debate and discussion.
im well aware that not everynoe agrees.

please go back and read my origional post.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

ghetto kitty wrote:
Lizkins wrote: I don't even understand what you are saying on the subject because the reason LE was banned was due to the numerous times he attacked people personally and even threatened to punch someone off the forum due to an argument on here (though that was some time ago and he hasn't done it since to my knowledge).
sure, im bringing it up casue i feel strongly about it. as i said before, i was banned recently from somewhere else, for similar reasons.

and if it was some time ago, why still ban him for a hardly there argument with foo now?
liz > i never fucknig said i wanted people to 'fall at my feet' sheesh.
ive been very clear about my love for debate and discussion.
im well aware that not everynoe agrees.

please go back and read my origional post.

i give up...almost

there is more to the LE thing. Mods get the complaints. And read all the posts.

re you and debates, yes i know, and i don't need to read your first post. I just don't get your argument in the first place. Even if you were banned on another forum. That was the mods on that forum way of dealing. Not ours! Please separate the two
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

Lizkins wrote: That was the mods on that forum way of dealing. Not ours! Please separate the two
twas a very similar situation liz.

i dont think you get my correlations exaclty, but oh well.

lets leave it at that huh?
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

ghetto kitty wrote:
Lizkins wrote: That was the mods on that forum way of dealing. Not ours! Please separate the two
twas a very similar situation liz.

i dont think you get my correlations exaclty, but oh well.

lets leave it at that huh?

lol yep, round in circles we are going.

take it easy
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

also, this thread was much much less about LE, and much much more about a few other goings-on.
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

quick wrote:yep... and lay off the WCE drug remarks when something is posted about them... they are so old and really annoying, Stray will attest to this. the comments are obviously trying to attack the poster, not the WCE. cheers.
yeah, fair 'nuff.
db

Post by db »

It HAS been a while since the last Internet forum based punch up... You're all a bunch of soft pussies. :smt011
Fuck talking shit and dobbing on people to mods... Punch someone in the face today! :D

Pimpin' since pimpin' was pimpin'

DOPEBEAT'S MYSPACE
flippo

Post by flippo »

intense, lol
Cubist

Post by Cubist »

db with the goods! :wink:
nic

Post by nic »

I think all u philanthropic minded worry doll munching internet ner do gooders should all step down from your shetland ponies and let things be in what is AFAIK IMHO.

Josh this is a stupid thread, I spose its worth starting to lure people into revealing mad emotions but apart from the entertainment value this needs a LCOK.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

nic wrote:I think all u philanthropic minded worry doll munching internet ner do gooders should all step down from your shetland ponies and let things be in what is AFAIK IMHO.

Josh this is a stupid thread, I spose its worth starting to lure people into revealing mad emotions but apart from the entertainment value this needs a LCOK.
You can berate me all you want, but when you bring my shetland pony (her name is Petal) into it, you're making it personal.
mecka

Post by mecka »

In the end I'm just voicing what other people think.

Yes, I'm a (if not the primary) culprit and yes, i really fucking dislike certain people on this forum (whether they love to think everybody wants to hear their every thought even though this is simply not the case, the sexual predator hidden behind the guise of "oh wait, but i'm interesting" or the mod who baits people into arguments).

There is no such thing as an online persona to me - i would be (and have been) just as cold to these people in real life as I am on the forum.

I am not a subtle person. I am not overly polite. I am extroverted and I speak my mind most of the time. I'm going overboard at the moment. I know.

Fuck, i forgot what I was on about.

Flame away.

I'm no longer posting anything harsh about anybody even if i have to bite my tongue so hard it hurts.
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

:TITS!:

http://staff.stir.ac.uk/f.r.wheater/ima ... 5_8_04.JPG

and btw, Chicks love C**K!

Mod edit: ridiculously big.
...and basically that's the situation
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Far out some people are precious....

Part of growing up is getting a thick skin and moving on with life....

'Sticks and stones' springs to mind.

This website ain't exactly the 'be all and end all' of life is it?

It's not like school-yard bullying where you can't run away... Don't read something if it offends you.

I'm sorry if this is blunt or harsh, but this just seems like a storm in a teacup to me... this is a fun, informative and entertaining forum IMO. Sure, there's a few 'heated' discussions, but that's part of life isn't it?
sneaky hands

Post by sneaky hands »

word Direktor, we've had the odd difference of opinion stoush and it's always been all good.

unfortunately telling people to harden the fuck up doesnt seem to stop them pm-ing mods and whinging.
sneaky flow like cash flow
on the first of the month
for broke cats that's thirst for the blunt
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

sneaky hands wrote:word Direktor, we've had the odd difference of opinion stoush and it's always been all good.
Have we? I cannot remember, I harbour no grudges mate.... (unless you're a real prick!). :lol:
sneaky hands wrote:unfortunately telling people to harden the fuck up doesnt seem to stop them pm-ing mods and whinging.
Too true mate.
sneaky hands

Post by sneaky hands »

Direktor wrote: Have we? I cannot remember
lol.. screw you and screw molly meldrum!
sneaky flow like cash flow
on the first of the month
for broke cats that's thirst for the blunt
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

^ I'm still at a loss.... damn forgetfulness!
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Direktor wrote:^ I'm still at a loss.... damn forgetfulness!
Alzeimers?
Lauer

Post by Lauer »

I think the point here is pack mentality, not individual stoushes.

In a pack, effects can be multiplied many times more often than not just to be funny in front of their friends or to more easly pick on someone to make themselves feel better. Its selfish and its rude and its pretty much like being in a school yard. People more easly express their views on topics and also towards people on forums because its a lot easier to do with a computer screen infront of them than in real life. So imo it has the potential to be worse when on a forum.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

black star wrote:
Alzeimers?
Wouldn't suprise me.

My Nan had that... absolute c*nt of a disease. It got to the point that she forgot who her kids were, couldn't recognise them.... very sad.
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

Mellogs wrote::TITS!:

REDICULOUSLY BIG IS THE WAY OF THE FUTURE
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Direktor wrote:
black star wrote:
Alzeimers?
Wouldn't suprise me.

My Nan had that... absolute c*nt of a disease. It got to the point that she forgot who her kids were, couldn't recognise them.... very sad.
Yeah its in my genes as well as alcoholism.
So I don't remember what happenned last night or last year.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

That sounds familiar....
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

Mellogs wrote:

i was doing big before you were born!
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

ghetto kitty wrote:but I dont like censoring myself.
EVER.
Then don't do it. You are the only one making yourself do that.

MRJ, well done and I agree. Show a little respect for other posters on the forum.
Just because I rock, doesn't mean I'm made of stone.
Friday

Post by Friday »

big ups mrj for the thread.

i don't get all the people on here justifying people saying cruel and hateful things with the idea that the person it's directed at should 'just ignore it'.

wouldn't it be more sensible for the perpetrators to ignore posts by the person that's 'annoying' them, and not post the horrible things to begin with?

i think that would make this place a whole lot nicer to be around...
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Who's justifying?

Meh....

I guess I just don't see all this "hatred" and "cruelty"... I don't know everyone on here, nor their relationship with others, I assume most of it is just jokes and jibes...
gnat

Post by gnat »

huge wrote:
Mellogs wrote:

i was doing big before you were born!
:smt044
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
betson

Post by betson »

Direktor wrote:Who's justifying?

Meh....

I guess I just don't see all this "hatred" and "cruelty"... I don't know everyone on here, nor their relationship with others, I assume most of it is just jokes and jibes...
agree,

MEH,
Don't forget to bring a towell!!
db

Post by db »

Nice Llama, reminds me of My Alpacas: Look out for the guest appearence :wink:

P.S. Chicks love cook ?? My oath they do !! :wink:
Pimpin' since pimpin' was pimpin'

DOPEBEAT'S MYSPACE
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

db wrote:

CHICKS LOVE C**CK!!! CHICKS LOVE C**CK!!!
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

db wrote:

lol what one earth were you doing on an Alpaca show?
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

Mellogs wrote:
db wrote:

CHICKS LOVE C**CK!!! CHICKS LOVE C**CK!!!
no more west coast jokes, mellogs.
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.