TEN YEARS OF NOTHING - not one fucking thing!

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
JAMESSSS

Re: THE THREAD ABOUT NOTHING!

Post by JAMESSSS »

10.15 wrote:
JAMESSSS wrote:Totally feel for you on this one. Collins street is currently littered with corpses of those who were turned.
Oi. Wanna play music on Saturday night?
Secret Guests?
Don't hate me for house

Post by 10.15 »

JAMESSSS wrote:
10.15 wrote:
JAMESSSS wrote:Totally feel for you on this one. Collins street is currently littered with corpses of those who were turned.
Oi. Wanna play music on Saturday night?
Secret Guests?
TBC
Sat 1st May: TREVOR LOVEYS (UK)
Sun 30th May: OXIA (8BIT RECS - FRANCE)
http://the-late-show.blogspot.com/
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

no dubstep.
Don't hate me for house

Post by 10.15 »

You dont get to make the rules James. Just for that I'm playing a dubstep track every time I'm about to hand the headphones to you.
Sat 1st May: TREVOR LOVEYS (UK)
Sun 30th May: OXIA (8BIT RECS - FRANCE)
http://the-late-show.blogspot.com/
deviant

Post by deviant »

10.15 wrote:You dont get to make the rules James. Just for that I'm playing a dubstep track every time I'm about to hand the headphones to you.
HAHAHAHA, pwned
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

you DJ's think you are so all that.
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Ben I'm beginning to doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.
Don't hate me for house
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

Bring back Sparkle Motion!
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

I see that you are a generous person. Would you like to purchase a black ribbon? It will support my next bottle of Tanqueray 10, and by wearing it people will know that you are 'Turn Aware'.

I think you need a ribbon.
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
almax

Post by almax »

A man has a 69 with his girlfriend without considering that he has a dental appointment later…To disguise the smell of pussy he brushes his teeth, floss, gargle with mouthwash and then chews gum ...At the dentist he asks
"Have you just had a 69?"
"How do you know? Does my breath still smell of pussy? The man asks,
"Nah" says the dentist you have a skidmark on ya forehead.....
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

CIA I am glad you have raised the issue of people "Turning Aware". I am very interested in "Spiritual Awakening" and other topics of the heart as well. Would you like to subscribe to my newsletter on the subject? The first issue covers many topics including:

"Hath thy God Forsaken You?: Top Ten Signs"
"Quick Easy Treats to make for Church (that won't cost the whole Tithe Jar!)"
"Lovers, Fighters, Prayers and You"

and of course my popular column "Let's get Meta-Physical".

Early subscribers get a free hammer and nails, always popular for securing doors and windows in the event of atheist attack.
Don't hate me for house
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

I have a client meeting at 2:30 today, how gaylord is that!

Morning
GO CATS! GO CATS!
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

:lol: @ JBS & CIA. Gold.

-- Morning All --

Anyone else noticed that Jason is definately back in Melbs. Scabs on the trains in the morning, broken down cars with people sleeping in them. It is visually present again. Ugly drug.
aroes

Post by aroes »

i've been saying exactly that for a couple of months now.......seems to have come back in a big way

didn't see any news about it, but bet your bottom dollar a MASSIVE shipment has hit melbourne recently.......where i work it's very visible
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

hai guys...

kronz - whats wrong with a meeting at 2:30?

and :lol: @ didnt see any news about a new shipment of smack. I dont think they usually let the general public know these things.
My friends who work at VIVAIDS say less support through govt funding mean you are seeing more users on the street again. makes sense.
aroes

Post by aroes »

edit- didn't see any news about residual effects that might have stemmed from a massive shipment

jeez

all i'm sayin is that where i live and work, the visual aspect of the drug ie- people on the nod, dirty fits strewn about the place, adidas hoodie/three quarter pants contingent has become far more prevalent in the last couple of months
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCEMENT
Oh hi guys, it's the Government here.
So you might be aware that a lot of smack has recently hit the streets. It seems to be of very low quality. Due to the massive influx and the current economic situation you can expect prices to be dramatically lower than usual and dealers to be easy to find.

Please try and avoid this drug at all costs.

Yours,
The Government.
Don't hate me for house
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

yuppers - our programs (social services) have been reporting a notable shift back to H.

And yes Aroes it would largely be to do with trafficing avenues being re-opened in the last 12 months.

H just seems to be such a visually present drug in the community.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

:lol: @ jbs.

exactly.

and its one that the govt does not like to acknowledge.
deviant

Post by deviant »

I always wonder why a drug like H affects a certain type of person (read: bogans) and make them behave so badly. I mean, I know people that use H and are perfectly healthy, do it in private and are intelligent, have long lasting relationships and employment. Why do "smackies" exsist?? I can't think of anything worse than bumbling around the streets off chops during the day.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Chris Middendorp is a program co-ordinator at Sacred Heart Mission. wrote:
Heroin: a curse or a source of meaning?

FOR a substance that started out as a family-friendly cough suppressant and non-addictive morphine substitute, heroin has certainly gained a fearsome reputation since the late 1890s, when Germany's Bayer Company first marketed it.

There are still some elderly retired midwives around who fondly recall heroin (available legally here until the mid-1950s) as a near-perfect sedative for labour pains.

From pain-free birth to painful death, heroin has become one of our most reviled and misunderstood substances.

I continue to meet people who assure me that heroin isn't just a drug, it's an open invitation to crime and degeneracy, a squirt of anarchy concentrate in a hypodermic.

Despite the fact that it is other substances such as alcohol and speed that tend to fuel violent behaviour, it is heroin that has acquired the sinister status.

And this is why many people become edgy when it is suggested (as it is every year or two) that heroin is making a comeback.

In the late 1990s, as many as 80 per cent of the people we met sleeping rough on the streets were heroin-dependent. Their homelessness was often a byproduct of their addiction and these were the days when the drug flowed so freely that the heroin overdose toll was printed alongside the road toll in the local tabloid.

Collingwood's Smith Street was dubbed Smack Street, many young women took to street sex work to support their dependency, and middle-class families made a concerted effort to avoid the corner of Russell and Bourke streets, then Melbourne's epicentre of drug dealing.

Are those days returning? Did we learn anything from the last heroin crisis?

This decade, heroin has had more putative comebacks than John Farnham, but open street dealing has never quite returned with the same vigour. Until now.

Many community workers are reporting a notable increase in heroin use among clients of housing and health services.

Evidently, the poppy fields of Burma and Afghanistan are fertile with product and the road of supply is open again. Some commentators believe that in recent weeks the purity of the drug has risen from 30 per cent to 70 per cent.

Heroin is stupidly expensive: five kilograms of it has a street value of $9 million (although according to one drug educator I know, the substance would cost about as much to manufacture commercially as sugar).

For the user, a single hit or "point" usually costs about $50. Because the purity varies, they never know what they've got until it's inside them. Sometimes they overdose, sometimes they die. A regular user may need to raise somewhere between $800 to $2000 a week to support their addiction. Hence the rise in prostitution, petty crime and dealing during heroin's ascendancy.

It's this expense that creates many of the drug's social problems. Scoring and paying for heroin becomes the user's entire focus. Finding money for food, clothing or housing may no longer be a priority. Homelessness and malnutrition are frequent side-effects for long-term users.

But all this has been said before. What isn't understood often enough is why some people find heroin so seductive. Heroin may have been conceived as a painkiller, but it is also extremely effective in killing emotional pain. Users I know have described the drug, not as a curse, but as a source of meaning. "Without it, I would have topped myself years ago," one 26-year-old woman told me.

Society is fragmented and it's painful to acknowledge that many people experience sexual, physical and emotional abuse. Overcoming such trauma may be a lifetime's journey. Some never manage it. I have no doubt that the stoned serenity heroin promises is seen as a solution, a tangible pathway out of despair. When he was director of Jesuit Social Services, Peter Norden memorably observed that young people use drugs in response to pain, suffering and isolation — not because they are aiming to be villainous.

In other words, heroin addiction may be best understood as the consequence of profound social dislocation, rather than an individual's weakness. Children do not ask to be traumatised and they do what they can to survive the despair. This is why we've got to reach out to users and offer more constructive therapies to address their psychological injuries.

Ten years ago, widespread heroin use created pervasive outrage in Melbourne and many people were contented with the short-sighted premise that all problems begin and end with the drug user. Heroin users I knew were bashed, spat on and called names such as "junkie" and "dero". Ironically, the perpetrators were often young intoxicated males.

It might help if we abolished words like "drug addict" and "junkie" from the lexicon of social comment. Pejoratives do nothing but efface the humanity from a situation where compassion, not condemnation, would better suit the debate.

If heroin is back to stay, we need to be prepared to look past the substance itself and recognise that this addiction is really a symbol for more formidable problems. Heroin use isn't just the product of crime, it's also the product of family breakdown, neglect and intense feelings of hopelessness.

Chris Middendorp is a program co-ordinator at Sacred Heart Mission.
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

tbh
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

It might help if we abolished words like "drug addict" and "junkie" from the lexicon of social comment. Pejoratives do nothing but efface the humanity from a situation where compassion, not condemnation, would better suit the debate.

If heroin is back to stay, we need to be prepared to look past the substance itself and recognise that this addiction is really a symbol for more formidable problems. Heroin use isn't just the product of crime, it's also the product of family breakdown, neglect and intense feelings of hopelessness.
a-fucking-men.

thanks for that posting D.
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

that was a really good read D, Thanks.
deviant

Post by deviant »

good read....

still though, most people I know realise that escapism only delays the inevetible and more often than not makes it worse. So any escapism is dealt with and the rest of your life is gotten on with (eating, housing yourself etc etc). I know it's easy for me to say and I'm not judging those with this problem. But I still find it hard to fathom just dropping everything (from your home, to your friends, to your health and even your dignity) for a drug. You don't have to be a genius to realise that H is probably going to make your life a whole lot worse.

:?
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Harder to realise when you are high. Infact impossible to realise when you are high that there is something better, that is the appeal, in that moment there is nothing else, and as that feeling fades there is no where you would rather be than back in that moment. Thats Jason.
deviant

Post by deviant »

you've sold me D, straight to Victoria Street after work I reckon.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

:lol: im with you, from here it is hard to see how someone justifies getting into it. But i have an addictive nature, i can imagine once you are there how hard it is.
5 oh

Post by 5 oh »

Meth has dried up of late too, seen prices for that particular drug increase to sometimes over $1,000 a gram
H is a cheaper alternative and dare i say it, produces a better junkie than a meth head.
We have been increasing the supply of H to combat the increase in violence
Last edited by 5 oh on Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Good read, would hit again.
Amick

Post by Amick »

So is there a guide as to what to do if you are confronted by a jason zombie?
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Going to a party dressed as a Kangaroo with a big Aussie Flag and six packs in my pouch on Sat.
Don't hate me for house
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

you better hop to it then James
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Dude I'm onto it. I actually won a trivia comp (three way tiebreaker) on Wednesday by standing on one foot tippy toes for the longest. My toes are primed to hop.

This one has been a long time in the making.
Don't hate me for house
witty_pseudonym

for you GK - Holy Yoshi!

:smt005
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

JAMESSSS wrote:Dude I'm onto it. I actually won a trivia comp (three way tiebreaker) on Wednesday by standing on one foot tippy toes for the longest. My toes are primed to hop.

This one has been a long time in the making.
Just make sure you are prepared and don't end up missing out on the 'Big Prize' like some others....

http://www.newser.com/archive-arts-livi ... lties.html
Amick

Post by Amick »

witty_pseudonym wrote:for you GK - Holy Yoshi!

8)
mrj

Post by mrj »

Feigan wrote:you better hop to it then James
well played.

Feigan 1. Everyone Else 0.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
witty_pseudonym

i don't know why that beagie cracks me up so much.

lol!
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Don't hate me for house
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

witty_pseudonym wrote:for you GK - Holy Yoshi!

AWWWW that totally looks like his liddle face too!

good article dboy, and i agree wholeheartedly. From our point of view as non users, it seems a long way to go down that road,
but i have lived with and loved people who went there and lost everything in a really short space of time. I truly think H is the worst drug on the planet, but I have had too many bad experiences with others to see clearly, and I have never touched the stuff.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

i thought the article was bullshit, sorry, but it just made me very angry. Fucking excuses for using. you have a fucking choice. one day it will be presented to you to try H, do you do it or not? "product of family breakdown, neglect and intense feelings of hopelessness" i personally have been through most of these and people thought i wouldn't make it in life, even my own family. I also know many others who have, and there are quite a few on here i would imagine, and none took that road. its a fucking cop out
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
witty_pseudonym

you can't be that dismissive liz! people have personality traits that would effect their judgement, in particular the way they deal with things. that's why some people top themselves and others don't. that's why people get depression and others don't. why you went on tablets to quit smoking but others do it cold turkey. it's all completely contextual and assuming that everyone takes the same road when facing the same or similar problems is narrow minded.

(i didn't put that very well but i hope you get my drift)
Amick

Post by Amick »

witty_pseudonym wrote:you can't be that dismissive liz! people have personality traits that would effect their judgement, in particular the way they deal with things. that's why some people top themselves and others don't. that's why people get depression and others don't. why you went on tablets to quit smoking but others do it cold turkey. it's all completely contextual and assuming that everyone takes the same road when facing the same or similar problems is narrow minded.

nah makes sense.

:scr1pt:
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

witty_pseudonym wrote:you can't be that dismissive liz! people have personality traits that would effect their judgement, in particular the way they deal with things. that's why some people top themselves and others don't. that's why people get depression and others don't. why you went on tablets to quit smoking but others do it cold turkey. it's all completely contextual and assuming that everyone takes the same road when facing the same or similar problems is narrow minded.

you make sense, but that is my opinion. i don't think its narrow minded, its a side of the fence that you just don't agree with.

i get that everyone is different, and some people handle things very differently to others (that is not brain surgery to know or see this in society). i just come from being bought up with tough love. hard to shake it or show pity or even sympathy in relation to some situations.

Plus, i see this shit at work every day, we do a lot of pro bono work for people who cannot afford to pay for a lawyer. a lot of them are H users, and the excuses are endless. maybe i am becoming more jadded on the subject
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

I really do hope that H comes back over Ice. Sounds silly but becoming a paramedic I dread nothing more than dealing with people on Ice suffering drug induced psychosis who are so high that you give them a drug that would knock an elephant out and it doesn't even touch them. They make people on heroin look like childs play in contrast. Just bag them, bring their resp rate up from 4 breaths a minute to 12 and give them some Naloxone, they wake up and leg it. For Ice there is no wonder drug to reverse the effects or special treatment so they are violent and unpredictable and all you can do is get a bunch of cops to hold them down and restrain them on a stretcher.

That said I don't see Ice going away or taking over heroin again because it is made here in clandestine laboratories whereas H needs to be smuggled from Afghanistan. Maybe I'm wrong though and it's easier to smuggle heroin into Aus than source the precursor chemicals needed to make Meth in Australia? Probably sounds bad but Heroin is the better of two evils imo.
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Jinx wrote:I really do hope that H comes back over Ice. Sounds silly but becoming a paramedic I dread nothing more than dealing with people on Ice suffering drug induced psychosis who are so high that you give them a drug that would knock an elephant out and it doesn't even touch them. They make people on heroin look like childs play in contrast. Just bag them, bring their resp rate up from 4 breaths a minute to 12 and give them some Naloxone, they wake up and leg it. For Ice there is no wonder drug to reverse the effects or special treatment so they are violent and unpredictable and all you can do is get a bunch of cops to hold them down and restrain them on a stretcher.

That said I don't see Ice going away or taking over heroin again because it is made here in clandestine laboratories whereas H needs to be smuggled from Afghanistan. Maybe I'm wrong though and it's easier to smuggle heroin into Aus than source the precursor chemicals needed to make Meth in Australia? Probably sounds bad but Heroin is the better of two evils imo.
I would also like to add that we should be better educating the youth of this country on how to eat properly. More people die each year from preventable diseases (cardiovascular disease #1, stroke #2, & type II diabetes #6) than all deaths from drugs combined (illegal or legal). SO, why are drugs considered a greater harm to society? I think cheap and nutritionally bankrupt food is the real culprit! We spend less on food than other countries (~10% of our paychecks) so we can instead invest in material goods. We should be investing in our health... not expecting the government to take care of us when we get sick.

Over half of the population are overweight or obese. There are even greater numbers of obese people than simply overweight people! The number one cause of death is heart disease. Add cigarettes and you multiply your risk exponentially.

Drugs can kill, but if you really want to shorten your lifespan, just keep eating McDonalds, chips, drinking Coke and smoking cigs. That'll do you in.

Responsible drug use requires a responsible person. Will we trust a government to manage our health even though they won't trust us to be responsible about our drug consumption?
bonsai

Post by bonsai »

Blaxter wrote:
Jinx wrote:
Drugs can kill, but if you really want to shorten your lifespan, just keep eating McDonalds, chips, drinking Coke and smoking cigs. That'll do you in.
can i just say...

NO FKN WORRIES. U LIVE ONCE, ENJOY IT.
Upcoming....
DNB Sessions Sundays 10.30pm // KISSFM.com.au // 87.6FM
Total Science - 26th June @ Mercat
Amick

Post by Amick »

mornin' peeps,

one of the top stories in Queensland was Lady Gaga doing a OUTRAGEOUS nude shoot.

fortunately, she isn't nude, as she's covering her vjj with a merkin but looks like a tard regardless.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/08/ ... 68x596.jpg