The Big Up Thread

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

witty_pseudonym wrote:did you ever try the cinderalla mocktail at veggie bar mellogs? so lush.

think it was oj, pinepple juice and lemonade and something else...so good.

don't think they have it any more though. :(

ooh that sounds awesome!! might have to make it tomos morning!!!
Friday

Post by Friday »

big ups joe for his wonderful personality and inspiring attitude.

phone call at 7am this morning saying he's been assigned to teach primary p.e. in hoppers crossing today (hard work for someone who's been trained to teach high school visual art) and he's still not phased. was just running around the house this morning asking if i have a whistle he can borrow, unfortunately for him, but fortunately for me, i do not own a whistle.

yesterday he was at a a muslim school in newport (primary again) where he's been called out a few times. they had a police band come and play for the whole school and they made him get up in front of everyone, 25 coppers and a couple of hundred kids and do the nutbush. :oops: :roll: :lol:
he said it was like a nightmare come true. he still laughs about it though and comes home to cook a wonderful dinner for me. :D :smt055

big ups joe! what a guy :smt038 :smt060
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

Friday wrote:unfortunately for him, but fortunately for me, i do not own a whistle.

:lol:
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

nhd wrote:theres something unhealthy about soda water ??
gas con gas
o gaseosa con gaseosa.
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

Friday wrote:big ups joe for his wonderful personality and inspiring attitude.

phone call at 7am this morning saying he's been assigned to teach primary p.e. in hoppers crossing today (hard work for someone who's been trained to teach high school visual art) and he's still not phased. was just running around the house this morning asking if i have a whistle he can borrow, unfortunately for him, but fortunately for me, i do not own a whistle.

yesterday he was at a a muslim school in newport (primary again) where he's been called out a few times. they had a police band come and play for the whole school and they made him get up in front of everyone, 25 coppers and a couple of hundred kids and do the nutbush. :oops: :roll: :lol:
he said it was like a nightmare come true. he still laughs about it though and comes home to cook a wonderful dinner for me. :D :smt055

big ups joe! what a guy :smt038 :smt060
omg.. serious hugs needed... :lol: Poor Joe.. whada STAR :thumbright:
mecka

Post by mecka »

nhd wrote:BUs making the decision to apply to study design in Florence - Italy for a month next year...
passed up on so much shit in my life, but not this, it better happen!!
oooh - its well worth it mang . everybody who came back from that trip said it was awesome.
Amick

Post by Amick »

Goldfingerat Hifi last night, fuckin A class act that nailed it.

They buried RBF surprisingly...
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

Big Up - Fractured Local Jam :smt038
great_magnet
crazy diamond

Post by great_magnet »

Big ups lunch at Becco, just got back to my desk...

:seafood:
This ain't no party
This ain't no disco
This ain't no foolin' around
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

big ups getting taken out for dinner tonite!!!
The best way to cure a broken heart is to give the pieces away
gnat

Post by gnat »

Mellogs wrote:
Friday wrote:unfortunately for him, but fortunately for me, i do not own a whistle.

:lol:
I know where you could get one though Lucie... :wink:

:summerdayze:
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Bigups going to see Dirty Dancing tonight. I don't care what any of you say, i am going to have the time of my life :lol: i kill me :lol:
mecka

Post by mecka »

Patrick Swayze is a dirty dirty man
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

mecka wrote:Patrick Swayze is a dirty dirty man
... and you LOVE IT!!!
mecka

Post by mecka »

like i love being poked in the eyes with blunt sticks.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

mecka wrote:like i love being poked in the eyes with blunt sticks.
Patrick Swayze's blunt stick no doubt...
mecka

Post by mecka »

Which would mean I don't like being poked with blunt sticks, including Patrick Swayzes?
quick

Post by quick »

Finally feeling better today...
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
Izza

Post by Izza »

Lizkins wrote:Bigups going to see Dirty Dancing tonight. I don't care what any of you say, i am going to have the time of my life :lol: i kill me :lol:
How was it Lizkins?
i have been thinking about going, but havn't got much further than that yet.
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

quick wrote:Finally feeling better today...

yay!! and it is such an awesome day today!!! :D
...and basically that's the situation
mrj

Post by mrj »

big-ups feeling semi-sane again. sane enough to deal with people again at least, and be reasonably sure that I wont tyr to gouge their eyes out with a copy of womens weekly.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
gnat

Post by gnat »

Big ups good friends, good wine and lots of belly laughs

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023

Have tiny little hangover this morning though..
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
great_magnet
crazy diamond

Post by great_magnet »

mrj wrote:big-ups feeling semi-sane again. sane enough to deal with people again at least, and be reasonably sure that I wont tyr to gouge their eyes out with a copy of womens weekly.
Just in time to do it again tomorrow night?
This ain't no party
This ain't no disco
quick

Post by quick »

Mellogs wrote:
quick wrote:Finally feeling better today...

yay!! and it is such an awesome day today!!! :D
I know, bit chilly but still nice and crisp, with lovely blue skys...

Big ups the occasional morning V, gives me a right ol kick :D
mrj

Post by mrj »

great_magnet wrote:
mrj wrote:big-ups feeling semi-sane again. sane enough to deal with people again at least, and be reasonably sure that I wont tyr to gouge their eyes out with a copy of womens weekly.
no thankfully. its my sisters birthday tomorrow so I'm gonna be hanging with her, and she's not really a party animal. more of a nice resteraunt and polite conversation animal.

plus after that I get dragged back to Gippy by her and the folks which is good because its means I'm out of the city for the weekend.

Thankfully.....I dont think I could handle another "true" melbourne weekend for a while.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
great_magnet
crazy diamond

Post by great_magnet »

mrj wrote:
great_magnet wrote:
no thankfully. its my sisters birthday tomorrow so I'm gonna be hanging with her, and she's not really a party animal. more of a nice resteraunt and polite conversation animal.

plus after that I get dragged back to Gippy by her and the folks which is good because its means I'm out of the city for the weekend.

Thankfully.....I dont think I could handle another "true" melbourne weekend for a while.
I hear ya my friend. I'm having a very quiet weekend and am trying to commit to a month of reduced nocturnal activities before the inevitable ramp up from November into the silly season. It's going to take some obscene willpower to get through another soul month... :D
This ain't no party
This ain't no disco
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Izza wrote:
Lizkins wrote:Bigups going to see Dirty Dancing tonight. I don't care what any of you say, i am going to have the time of my life :lol: i kill me :lol:
How was it Lizkins?
Hey Izza :D Hope this helps make your mind up!

Okay here is Lizkins very critical review of Dirty Dancing:

The dude who played Johnny Castle lacked in stage presence and has an English accent that was kinda cross between a dude with a deep-ish voice trying to sound like Patrick Swayze in the movie, with hints of David Beckham squeakiness. Rather annoying and did kinda ruin the image for us. Baby was over exaggerated in her role which worked sometimes and other times fell flat, but overall she was pretty good. All the other characters kicked arse and were really great to watch including the sister (forget name right now), Penny and the mum. The dad wasn’t as strong a character as he was in the movie. He needed more balls or something. But what made the whole thing was definitely the music! It was rocking hearing all the songs from the movie, also the final scene was great of course, well except they changed some of the dance moves which was a little disappointing. Oh yeah and the set and costumes and dancing throughout the whole show was rather impressive! I would give it a about a 6 or 7 out of 10! 8) :D 8)
quick

Post by quick »

Lizkins wrote:
Izza wrote:
How was it Lizkins?

The dude who played Johnny Castle lacked in stage presence and has an English accent that was kinda cross between a dude with a deep-ish voice trying to sound like Patrick Swayze in the movie, with hints of David Beckham squeakiness. Rather annoying and did kinda ruin the image for us. Baby was over exaggerated in her role which worked sometimes and other times fell flat, but overall she was pretty good. All the other characters kicked arse and were really great to watch including the sister (forget name right now), Penny and the mum. The dad wasn’t as strong a character as he was in the movie. He needed more balls or something. But what made the whole thing was definitely the music! It was rocking hearing all the songs from the movie, also the final scene was great of course, well except they changed some of the dance moves which was a little disappointing. Oh yeah and the set and costumes and dancing throughout the whole show was rather impressive! I would give it a about a 6 or 7 out of 10! 8) :D 8)
6.5 out of 10?
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

quick wrote:
Lizkins wrote:
Izza wrote: How was it Lizkins?

6.5 out of 10?
sometimes....

:P :wink: :D
flippo

Post by flippo »

EVERYTHINGS COMMIN UP TRUMPS!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Izza

Post by Izza »

Lizkins wrote:
Izza wrote:
How was it Lizkins?

Thanks a bunch lizkins :D
not sure if i'll get there it's all about the $$$ these day's
but i'm still keen
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Izza wrote:
Lizkins wrote:
Izza wrote: How was it Lizkins?

Thanks a bunch lizkins :D
not sure if i'll get there it's all about the $$$ these day's
but i'm still keen
No worries :smt023 yeah i paid for it the minute i got paid so no way out :?
lynt

Post by lynt »

Big ups going away for a few days... sleep & wine.
Shadowgames

Post by Shadowgames »

Big ups to ordering my new audio interface this morning 8)

also big ups to scoring 2 new jobs :!: (no more hospitality industry for me :lol: )

yay!
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

Shadowgames wrote:Big ups to ordering my new audio interface this morning 8)

also big ups to scoring 2 new jobs :!: (no more hospitality industry for me :lol: )

yay!
2 jobs. no more free time for you? what you doing?
one more medicated peacefull moment
www.dubstep.com.au
Shadowgames

Post by Shadowgames »

casual engineer at the Sound Research Studios at the VCA.

& casual engineer with the ABC
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

Shadowgames wrote:casual engineer at the Sound Research Studios at the VCA.

wicked!
www.dubstep.com.au
quick

Post by quick »

Shadowgames wrote:casual engineer at the Sound Research Studios at the VCA.

Props to you Zander, well done.
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

Big Up's my beautiful, generous, tolerant, and most defianlty 'always up for it' housemate :smt060
D n Bassador

Post by D n Bassador »

Big Ups 2 all u melbourne crew
Big Ups 2 Tha Adelaide Massive
dust

Post by dust »

Big Ups finally moving into our new studio. So beautiful and bright and open, and much much warmer than the old one.

Also big ups to completeing the move from hell. Done and done.

And big ups being in North Calton, what a beautiful suburb and only a walk away from the Rathdowne Food Store!
Shadowgames

Post by Shadowgames »

dust wrote:And big ups being in North Calton, what a beautiful suburb and only a walk away from the Rathdowne Food Store!
north carlton is the bomb. i've been here all my life 8)
reverb

Post by reverb »

D n Bassador wrote:Big Ups 2 all u melbourne crew
Big ups to you too dude :D
anyting test - dead!
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

Shadowgames wrote:
dust wrote:And big ups being in North Calton, what a beautiful suburb and only a walk away from the Rathdowne Food Store!
word. i lived there for 4 years. right near that rad stretch of rathdowne with all the cafes and crap.
www.dubstep.com.au
gnat

Post by gnat »

Big Ups Utility One

One phone call- they fix everything- disconnection, reconnection

Now, that's service Naomi Robson :wink:
dust

Post by dust »

Ag3nT[]0raNg3 wrote:
Shadowgames wrote:
word. i lived there for 4 years. right near that rad stretch of rathdowne with all the cafes and crap.
Yeah thats right near where we are, its boootaful.

Different world from Richmond - Swan St, Church St etc. Although I will miss Dimmeys
quick

Post by quick »

dust wrote:
Ag3nT[]0raNg3 wrote:
Shadowgames wrote: north carlton is the bomb. i've been here all my life 8)
Yeah thats right near where we are, its boootaful.

Different world from Richmond - Swan St, Church St etc. Although I will miss Dimmeys
welcome to the hood :wink:
mecka

Post by mecka »

bigups to a quiet weekend coming up. and free tix to a melbourne arts festival do tomorrow night
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

mecka wrote:bigups to a quiet weekend coming up.
:script:

Can't wait for the weekend..
PUCK YOU MISS ~~!
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

i hope its nice weather so i can study on my banana lounge in the sun 8)
...and basically that's the situation