My Numark DM3050 is haunted

Tips, hints, help, tech support, setups, systems and all things related to making phat beats. Post your latest production for all to hear & review. Or quiz the resident nerds about that tech problem you just can't figure out.
Penno

My Numark DM3050 is haunted

Post by Penno »

Haunted or the crossfader has leakage issues from time to time - questions:

Can crossfaders be fixed or do they need to be replaced?

I also suspect that the level meter is a bit dishonest... it might show two channels to be at massively different levels but on listening they sound the same. I'm thinking it could be the needles/turntables at fault or maybe the work of ghosts in the mixer - is there any way to test it? All the logical ways I used to test it are still leaving me baffled...

Regarding the crossfader leakage issue - can anyone reccommend a good place to get it serviced/excorcised?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
aspekt

Post by aspekt »

i think you need to replace your fader. I gather that sort of thing happens with magnetic faders.
you could test the level indicators by splitting an input over two channels and comparing them.
There's no justice, just us.
Samurai

Post by Samurai »

Penno,

I run a business servicing DJ Equipment. If you are interested I can replace the crossfader for around $80. (Most places will charge about $70 an hour labor, mine is inclusive of parts)

I am in East Brunswick and could have it back to you within a week.

Feel free to give me a call on 0427 268 724

Samurai
Samurai AV

042-SAMURAI
042-7268724

Affordable servicing of Technics 1200 and 1210's
and other Sound Gear
Penno

Post by Penno »

aspekt wrote:i think you need to replace your fader. I gather that sort of thing happens with magnetic faders.
you could test the level indicators by splitting an input over two channels and comparing them.
Of all the logical things I tried this beats them... I'll do it when I get home hey

And Samurai - do you guys offer a 24 hour or like speedy service? I couldn't go without for week
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Samurai

Post by Samurai »

Theres a $20 fee for 24 hour turnaround, so you'd be looking at $100.
If you can drop it off to me saturday I can have it ready within 24hours. If early saturday morning you could pick it up about 5ish.

Are you near Brunswick area?

Samurai
Samurai AV

042-SAMURAI
042-7268724

and other Sound Gear
Samurai

Post by Samurai »

Penno, I forgot I'm offering 20% off first service at the moment so it will only be $80, I'll give it a clean and service aswell.

If your interested give me a buzz on 0427 268 724.

Samurai
Samurai AV

042-SAMURAI
042-7268724

and other Sound Gear
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Alternatively, give me a call at work - 9474 1000. I work for Electric Factory, we import Numark. I can get u a price on replacement... ask for Mark.