Emo kids

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
C.I.A.

Emo kids

Post by C.I.A. »

I have some questions brewing in the back of my mind like rancid beer, and I need closure. Any help would be appreciated, plzthnxbye.

1. Why, at any time of the day or night, are there So Many Emo kids out the front of Flinders St Station???? WTF?? If you are going somewhere, sure, go to the Station. If not, why not stop clogging the exit and meet somewhere more practical, like the Tight-Black-Jeans-R-us in Fuckoffsville or something.

2. What is with the greasy black long fringe thing?? Do they all have forhead acne?? If they didn't before I'm hedging that they do now.

3. Are they breeding, gremlins-stylez or doing some sort of asexual cloning shit?? They are multiplying like wire coathangers in an empty wardrobe. Every time I leave the station there are more there than there were the day before.

:smt017
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

i too have asked myself and many others these same questions. flinders station is a mecca for them. also on the corner of elizabeth and flinders st. near Lord of the Fries. so many of the snotty little fucks.

dont you think all the chicks in the tight black jeans that really shouldnt be wearing something so tight look a bit like muffins?? (what with all the hip fat hanging out over the top of the jeans).
Last edited by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 on Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
one more medicated peacefull moment
www.dubstep.com.au
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

I wonder if the people who were 27 - 35 when we were 13 - 20 or even 5-12 started threads, no they would have started zines, about the kids wearing baggy pants, maybe Vans or the alike and why there were so many of them hanging out the front of timezone or on the stairs.

What are you CIA... old?

I hate the trend too, don't get me wrong, but honestly, i thought YOU were a EMO when i meet you.

:teef:
mrj

Post by mrj »

Its a litte known fact that emo kids actually don't have foreheads. Where their foreheads should be there is actually a little ledge, where they keep their black hair dye, black nail polish, and a "The Best of the Smiths" vol 2.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
drew

Post by drew »

161 on a thursday night is a mecca for emo...
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

DBoy wrote:I wonder if the people who were 27 - 35 when we were 13 - 20 or even 5-12 started threads, no they would have started zines, about the kids wearing baggy pants, maybe Vans or the alike and why there were so many of them hanging out the front of timezone or on the stairs.

What are you CIA... old?

I hate the trend too, don't get me wrong, but honestly, i thought YOU were a EMO when i meet you.

:teef:
:smt082

Yeah. Old as the hills and actually a (really bad) undercover emo.

Is Emo the New Goth???

So many questions, not enough bullying at school.

:?
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

C.I.A wrote: So many questions, not enough bullying at school.

:?
:lol:
urban dictionary wrote: EMO KID
One who rejects "pop culture" and joins the counter-culture realm. Usually has ideas contrary to popular opinion and seeks to gain a better understanding of life through artistic venues. May appear depressed, have black or red hair, and dress in a way that is contrary to what is popular. Thrift stores, art, coffee shops, underground music, and poetry are usually of great interest. Contrary to popular opinion, though an emo kid may seem depressed, within their own group there is an element of deep understanding and friendship. Emo kids see the world as beautiful, but its inhabitants as lost and depressing.
Ummmmm, I thought it was pop culture now. I don't get it.

Like a rebel with out a cause isnt really cause his cause is being a rebel.

:wasnevercoolthanxbye:
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

rofl at that definition. that's fucking gold.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

deviant

Re: Emo kids

Post by deviant »

C.I.A. wrote:why not stop clogging the exit and meet somewhere more practical, like the Tight-Black-Jeans-R-us in Fuckoffsville or something.

I found that extremely funny

:smallbrain:

I think some chicks look hot in that style..... mind you, I've never been a fan of the whole "Let's all look the fucking same" kinda deal that goes on with any given fashion trend.

remember pink polos with the colar up and covered in smudged gothic writing... EVERYWHERE

remember jeans with "ROXY" written on the arse... EVERYWHERE

remember DJs wearing cammo jackets.... EVERYWHERE :teef:

I often wonder what goes through people's heads when they are shopping for clothes....... "Oh yeah, I've seen everyone wearing that!!! SCORE!!!" :roll:
calstro

Post by calstro »

^^^lol @ finding emo
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

emo is just the new goth - let them be.

you'll prob find that lots of emo's and teenagers generally hang around Flinders St Station as it's the central hub for train travel in the city and most of them rely on trains to get to and from their destinations as they are not old enough to drive vehicles.
quotient

Post by quotient »

some of these emo chicks are fucking hot. and i went to an as i lay dying/bleeding through concert and there were hot emo sluts there as well. bleeding through were ass, but as i lay dying were the shit, maybe because they weren't as emo. yeah.
nic

Post by nic »

I think some chicks look hot in that style..... mind you, I've never been a fan of the whole "Let's all look the fucking same" kinda deal that goes on with any given fashion trend.
older emo girls are hot.
Im considering becoming an older emo, If only thye didnt listen to such shit music. emo-street raver is a perfect hyrbid.
Last edited by nic on Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

no. they just hang out there to be cunts.
www.dubstep.com.au
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

shepherd wrote:emo is just the new goth - let them be.

you'll prob find that lots of emo's and teenagers generally hang around Flinders St Station as it's the central hub for train travel in the city and most of them rely on trains to get to and from their destinations as they are not old enough to drive vehicles.
I wouldn't give a shit if I didn't have to crowd-surf to get to the traffic lights.

Even if they were Carmelite Nuns holding a cake-stall to raise money for African AIDS orphans, I'd still get shitty. I just want to get home post-work post-haste.
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

walk straight through the middle of the fuckers, making sure you kick them on the way through.

"It's a fuckin staircase ya emo loser, not for sitting on. FUCK OFF"
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

breaksRbest wrote:walk straight through the middle of the fuckers, making sure you kick them on the way through.

"It's a fuckin staircase ya emo loser, not for sitting on. FUCK OFF"
My thoughts exactly.
PUCK YOU MISS ~~!
B0mBjAcK

Post by B0mBjAcK »

Fucking kill emo cunts. Emo causes cancer.
That's so plausible I can't believe it!
XVi32 - It's a blog
Kulture - Melbourne Jungle/D&B blog
Melbourne D&B - Melbourne D&B Forum
bobinabottle

Post by bobinabottle »

Ag3nT[]0raNg3 wrote:no. they just hang out there to be cunts.
nic

Post by nic »

being nasty to emo's accelerates their emotional condition, they expect to be hated on.

If you nuture them with care and love they can become ravers?

Next time at Flinders St or Hungry Jacks take a minute to take a few Emo's aside into a group hug and explain PLUR.

It could be the beginning of something new, something great.

Entice them out from under the comfort of those dirty big fringes and see the human behind the black eye shadow.

Is Lee Harding an EMO?
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

They shit me to tears as well. Everytime I see them I'm :roll: :roll: :roll:
Scholtzy

Post by Scholtzy »

When I was at school a couple of years ago the whole emo thing was taking off, I found it a little ironic how in order to be different, every emo kid looked the same...

But hey you could say that about most social groups anyway :lol:

I think most of these groups are a result of teenagers trying to fit in and get a sense of identity, its been around forever.
mrj

Post by mrj »

man, I can't wait unti I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff.
Scholtzy

Post by Scholtzy »

:hahaha:
nic

Post by nic »

All emo's see everyone on this board as ravers.

Everyone on here is basically like each other, pretty much everyone dresses similiar (ruff in teh junglists esp lol)

And there is nothing wrong with that really lol.

Generally having friends and a social group is about being as different as you possibly can within a small range of possible deviation before you fall under the umbrella of another 'sub genre'
elysium

Post by elysium »

C.I.A. wrote:I wouldn't give a shit if I didn't have to crowd-surf to get to the traffic lights.

Even if they were Carmelite Nuns holding a cake-stall to raise money for African AIDS orphans, I'd still get shitty. I just want to get home post-work post-haste.
ah ha! I think I have and answer to your question C.I.A.

It is the emo version of subversive behaviour. They don't try to blow up the national electricity grid, or in this case the public transport network, to bring the system down... they just do the emo version - stand around limply and get in the way.
I'm in a loop, I am the loop...
sternumbreaks

Post by sternumbreaks »

emo = thumbs down
soundcloud.com/sternumbreaks
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

elysium wrote:
C.I.A. wrote:I wouldn't give a shit if I didn't have to crowd-surf to get to the traffic lights.

ah ha! I think I have and answer to your question C.I.A.

It is the emo version of subversive behaviour. They don't try to blow up the national electricity grid, or in this case the public transport network, to bring the system down... they just do the emo version - stand around limply and get in the way.
:lol: @ limply

I think that is a new term.

The limp of emo kids stood in line for AFI tickets.

"Sorry I'm late. I couldn't make it to the traffic lights; there was a limp of emo kids in the way".
elysium

Post by elysium »

C.I.A. wrote:
The limp of emo kids stood in line for AFI tickets.
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

:smt017

Or should that be a fringe of emo kids....

or a discontent of emo kids.

Or a marvin of emo kids (paranoid android-stylez)
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

Scholtzy wrote: I think most of these groups are a result of teenagers trying to fit in and get a sense of identity, its been around forever.
Word!

I was a hommie back in my day.
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

Perhaps this video will hold some answers for you CIA

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8895662946
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

mrj wrote:man, I can't wait unti I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff.

Classic Fry. :lol:

one of his best lines
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

D wrote:
Scholtzy wrote: I think most of these groups are a result of teenagers trying to fit in and get a sense of identity, its been around forever.
Word!

I was a hommie back in my day.
Hey, no disrespect to the development of ego/identification via exploration of societal processes intended.

Everyone goes through it.

It is just that not everyone chooses to do it on that particular Melbourne intersection. What's wrong with exploring your identity and place within the context of societal norms at Fed Square.

What, you too lazy to cross the road??
elysium

Post by elysium »

another theory: shrooms. Once I too couldn't find my way out of a street corner for at least 45 minutes.
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

DBoy wrote:I wonder if the people who were 27 - 35 when we were 13 - 20 or even 5-12 started threads, no they would have started zines, about the kids wearing baggy pants, maybe Vans or the alike and why there were so many of them hanging out the front of timezone or on the stairs.
So true. :grampsgripes:
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

elysium wrote:another theory: shrooms. Once I too couldn't find my way out of a street corner for at least 45 minutes.
lmao

i like a fringe of emo kids.

huuhuhuh. limp works too tho.
www.dubstep.com.au
Hatsudai

Post by Hatsudai »

I don't really know much about "Emo kids" but, apart from standing around blocking the stairs at flinders, why does everyone hate them so much?
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

cos they are cunts.
www.dubstep.com.au
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Hatsudai wrote:I don't really know much about "Emo kids" but, apart from standing around blocking the stairs at flinders, why does everyone hate them so much?
I hate them because they are young.

:shakeswalkingstickinair:

All young people should be vaccum-packed and placed in crates in a large storage facility in Langwarrin until they are jaded and bitter.

Give 'em some character.

Back in My day, we didn't have none of this 'emo' stuff. We had good, old-fashioned goths. You know where you stand with a goth, see. You could spot 'em a mile away. Like vampires they were. The living dead. That is a good move. I remember the time I was watching it for the first time. I was sitting on a couch. That couch were reeeeal comfortable, 'cept it had fleas, you know. And those fleas would bite and itch in the night, and I'd be eating toobs... none of this fancy Kettle Soy Chips with Extra Tofu flavour. No we had Real MSG. Nothing quite like an overdose of MSG to brin on MSG tremors. So, anyway, where was I??

Oh that's right, MSG. So yes, We'd eat Toobs so we could dance like this man... what was his name... Peter Garret. Yeah, Peter... we would want to dance like him.

And that is why I don't like Elmo.
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

I wouldn't give a shit if I didn't have to crowd-surf to get to the traffic lights.
that is a pretty funny call! :lol: And true!
lucas
emission reductionist

Post by lucas »

I had no idea what an Emo Kid was until just now.
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." - Martin Luther King Jr.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

I would not insult Goths by saying emo kids are "the new goth". But remember if that is where the roots of this new 'fad' came from then the goths have always inhabitited the clocks. Except during the skin head days of the 80's.
aspekt

Post by aspekt »

nic wrote:Is Lee Harding an EMO?
I think he's just a wanker. It's easy to confuse the two.
There's no justice, just us.
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

TOOBS!

:smt049
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

DBoy wrote:I would not insult Goths by saying emo kids are "the new goth". But remember if that is where the roots of this new 'fad' came from then the goths have always inhabitited the clocks. Except during the skin head days of the 80's.
Would prefer an emo to a skinhead any day of the week. Perhaps I should count my lucky stars that there aren't a thousand Russell Crowes romping and stomping around the station.

Farq.

How predicitve was Romper Stomper with regards to Russell Crowe, and his fightin' round the world???
mrj

Post by mrj »

aspekt wrote:
nic wrote:Is Lee Harding an EMO?
I think he's just a wanker. It's easy to confuse the two.
:smt044

this thread is gold
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

There was also once a time when punks came to congeste the flinders st clock steps
Carlz

Post by Carlz »

mrj wrote::smt044

this thread is gold
agreed :lol:
Isnt emo short for emotion or something?
alcohol may not be the answer.. but at least I can't remember the question!