how many ad agencies does it take 2 patronise a demographic?

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
valuetime

how many ad agencies does it take 2 patronise a demographic?

Post by valuetime »

coke have fucked up pretty bad with their site: http://www.thezeromovement.com/

read this: http://invisiblegovernment.net/n/blog/z ... ement.html

this, too: http://thezeromovementsucks.blogspot.com/

here's a quote from the site's hilariously shit blog:
Wednesday, January 4, 2006
Why can't chick flicks be: guy meets girl, guy gets girl, guy watches footy, girl gets snacks?

What is it with chick flicks? And what is with girls who want to drag me along to see them? And then all that - awwwwww that's so romantic, glancing over at me as if to say "you taking notes?" I say why can't chick flicks start giving women realistic expectations? The plot can start out traditionally enough - guy meets girl, guy gets girl, but then things would take an exciting and unexpected twist - guy watches footy and girl gets snacks. Nice, huh? Trust me we would all be better off.
EDIT: this just gets funnier... here's some coke employee seeding forums:

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/forum/sh ... php?t=4672

http://au.messages.yahoo.com/sports/nrl ... ion/10841/
Last edited by valuetime on Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

underground is the new salmon pink
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

im glad to say i had nothing to do with this.

fuck its bad.
one more medicated peacefull moment
www.dubstep.com.au
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

Yay for coke!

Oh, you meant the bottled coke? The one that has the really shitfully bad websites? :lol:

That is the most contrived 'lets target THIS audience' load of corporate shite masquerading as 'cool' that I have ever seen.

Does anyone actually visit this website, unless by accident? It's not like you can knock back a virtual coke to quench your thirst.
Yanks rule. :roll:
dust

Post by dust »

I love this...

unclasp that accordion and get back doing what you once loved? get in touch with your inner rock god. and play. Why can’t I be a rock star? Why can’t we all be rock stars.

So edgy.
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

Little Evil wrote:Yanks rule. :roll:
Ahhhh, shucks. :oops:
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

dust wrote:I love this...

unclasp that accordion and get back doing what you once loved? get in touch with your inner rock god. and play. Why can’t I be a rock star? Why can’t we all be rock stars.

So edgy.
pfffft. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It moved me man. :wink:

Sorry Eric - you know I loves ya. :D
deviant

Post by deviant »

I've been confused about what they are getting at with their advertising for this.... it's annoying to say the least.

I thought Diet Coke was totally sugar free too? What's so special about this stuff? I looked at a can the other day and read the ingrediants. Strangley enough I don't think it uses nutri-sweet or aspartame. It didn't have any bold "PHENYLKETONURICS - Contains Phenylalanine". So what are they using to sweeten this beverage, or is it not sweet at all?

I hate any company that promotes product on bill poster style areas. Those areas are for entertainment promotion. IKEA and the like can go and spend their $$$$ on proper bill boards and leave the streets for the rest of us.
valuetime

Post by valuetime »

it's for big men like me who don't like the word 'diet' because only girls and guys with questionable genitals go on diets.

i think it has aspartame or something similar to replace the 12 teaspoons of sugar in every glass of regular coke.
Last edited by valuetime on Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
saintberry

Post by saintberry »

disgusting...but it works. god, the fact that this works on people is even more disgusting than it being there in the first place.

what ever happend to schweppes cola? that shit was gold - cant get it anywhere :(
First you get her name. Then you get her number. Then you get some get some in the back seat of a hummer!
saintberry

Post by saintberry »

yeah i think its strange coke is still pushing diet coke, now that it is pretty common knowledge that artificial sweeteners mutate cells and in long term cause cancer. you think they would be trying to disassociate themselves from that shzznit.

i rnk valuetime your on the money mate with that last statement..
First you get her name. Then you get her number. Then you get some get some in the back seat of a hummer!
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

well, also because they can actually make something that tastes vaguely like coke. people have gotten used to diet coke, they won't want to change, so you've gotta give them the options.

that being said, 'coca-cola classic' is not actually the classic recipe, in the usa. something about corn syrup and finding a vastly cheaper alternative, so it tastes nothing like normal coke. *rolls eyes*
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

valuetime wrote:it's for big men like me who don't like the word 'diet' because only girls and guys with questionable genitals go on diets.
So if I drink 'proper' coke, and not the 'no sugar' type, does that mean I most probably have a huge cock?

Bloke surrounded by chicks at the bar........

"Bartender, a triple pint of bourbon - with coke, and go easy on the bourbon thanks, lots of coke. Ahh fuck it, don't even put any bourbon in it, who am I trying to fool here? I'm hung like a moose"

:smt003
flippo

Post by flippo »

deviant wrote:I've been confused about what they are getting at with their advertising for this.... it's annoying to say the least.

I thought Diet Coke was totally sugar free too? What's so special about this stuff? I looked at a can the other day and read the ingrediants. Strangley enough I don't think it uses nutri-sweet or aspartame. It didn't have any bold "PHENYLKETONURICS - Contains Phenylalanine". So what are they using to sweeten this beverage, or is it not sweet at all?

I hate any company that promotes product on bill poster style areas. Those areas are for entertainment promotion. IKEA and the like can go and spend their $$$$ on proper bill boards and leave the streets for the rest of us.
THey just keep changing the name of aspartame so that plebs feel safe.
flippo

Post by flippo »

saintberry wrote:yeah i think its strange coke is still pushing diet coke, now that it is pretty common knowledge that artificial sweeteners mutate cells and in long term cause cancer. you think they would be trying to disassociate themselves from that shzznit.

i rnk valuetime your on the money mate with that last statement..
cancer? all the literture Ive read points to nerve damage, leading to MS type symptoms...
deviant

Post by deviant »

flippo wrote:
deviant wrote:I've been confused about what they are getting at with their advertising for this.... it's annoying to say the least.

THey just keep changing the name of aspartame so that plebs feel safe.
yeah, but the "diet" varieties never said "aspartame" they said atificial sweetener or nutri-sweet or something like that... and by the packaging needs to be labeled with "PHENYLKETONURICS - Contains Phenylalanine". The "zero" packaging lacks any such warnings.
Arex

Post by Arex »

good to know that a girl I used to know is now writing top notch articles for The Age, go Bridie Smith.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/ ... ntentSwap1
Seriously its like cash with dicks...
dj awesome

Post by dj awesome »

so ... who gives a fuck??

it's the perfect opportunity for people on here to say 'i know more about advertising and marketing than a big multinational' and feel good about themselves ...

http://www.djawesome.com

Live fast - yeah live too bloody fast sometimes; die young ... Die Young? No ... die old.
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

dj awesome wrote:so ... who gives a fuck??
Not me ! :D
PUCK YOU MISS ~~!
saintberry

Post by saintberry »

fooishbar wrote:that being said, 'coca-cola classic' is not actually the classic recipe, in the usa. something about corn syrup and finding a vastly cheaper alternative, so it tastes nothing like normal coke. *rolls eyes*
yeah its fucking crazy hey. there was a doco on ages ago about the pepsi vs cola advertising wars. "the cola wars" or something. they said it used to look green and get you high. wasnt it originally invented as medicine or something?

i want some of that shit damn it! :lol:
Arex

Post by Arex »

In regards to this zero campaign, I'm sure everyones read it, but if you haven't get a copy.

NO LOGO, by Naomi Klein

her website: http://www.nologo.org/
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

My Mum's a naturopath so she's always dropping heaps of printed pages on my bed to hint at a healthier lifestyle. One was about a chick who had been having major headaches for years and years, and she couldn't figure out why. She drank heaps of water, ate well, was healthy and normal in everyway except these darn migraines. Her usual doc's just kept feeding her pills, so she went to a herbalist/naturopath for a second opinion. They did questionaires about her eating habits etc and determined that her headaches were caused by Aspartme. She cut it out of her diet totally and within a week she was free of migraines for life.

That's just one woman's story, I'm sure there's more. I find it irritating as hell that just because mega corporations will suffer profit losses if they reveal the truth or stop producing Aspartme based drinks, no government or corporately funded research is being conducted. WHY???

They're as bad as the tobacco companies...
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
Arex

Post by Arex »

dj awesome wrote:so ... who gives a fuck??

it's the perfect opportunity for people on here to say 'i know more about advertising and marketing than a big multinational' and feel good about themselves ...
hmm, not sure if you give a fuck or not? if you didn't, you wouldn't have posted. but it seems like you have, and you do? quite confusing really... :smt017
dj awesome

Post by dj awesome »

OH NO - YOU GOT ME THERE AREX!!!

i don't care about Coke - i do find it funny that some people love the chance to jump on board and express their knowledge of the topic

Live fast - yeah live too bloody fast sometimes; die young ... Die Young? No ... die old.
Arex

Post by Arex »

dj awesome wrote:OH NO - YOU GOT ME THERE AREX!!!

i don't care about Coke - i do find it funny that some people love the chance to jump on board and express their knowledge of the topic

isn't that what this whole forum is about, expressing ideas and opinions, sharing knowledge? Fuck you're dumb?!
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

I'm pretty knowledgable about Coke...

Evil's top 5 facts about coke....

1. It's black
2. It comes in a bottle or can of varying sizes.
3. When you pop a can, it go's "pssst"
4. If you drink it too fast your eyes water, and you make sounds like 'ahhhh' aftertwards.
5. It increases the girth of your genitals.
dj awesome

Post by dj awesome »

Is that a question or a statement dude?

Arex

Post by Arex »

dj awesome wrote:Is that a question or a statement dude?
both, it's asking the question with "great" (thus the exclamation mark) disbelief that you'd be that fucken stupid.
numz

Post by numz »

I wonder if its actually legal for coke to advertise like this... I'm sure councils don't permit stencils on sidewalks...
free stan and bonez!
huh
dj awesome

Post by dj awesome »

Arex wrote:
both, it's asking the question with "great" (thus the exclamation mark) disbelief that you'd be that fucken stupid.
Thanks for clarifying that mate, I was concerned that the statement was a touch ambiguous ... but your prompt response meant that any anxiety I had as a result was brief.

Arex

Post by Arex »

dj awesome wrote:
Arex wrote:
Thanks for clarifying that mate, I was concerned that the statement was a touch ambiguous ... but your prompt response meant that any anxiety I had as a result was brief.
Anytime, "dude", I'm glad we've cleared that up, "mate". For the record, I'm not your mate, so fucken don't even pretend to know me. Also nice use of multiple syllable words in your witty retort, what a way to show me up and raise the ante, I feel like such a dolt. You must be a lawyer or wordsmith? Sorry I just forgot, you’re a DJ and a shit one at that.
lucas
emission reductionist

Post by lucas »

Hi,

This topic has outlived it's usefulness. Thanks for stopping by. :)
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." - Martin Luther King Jr.