that krispy kreme giveaway thingo

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Lining up for 40 minutes for a donut!!!!

holy shit!

Mr. K. Kreme must be pissing himself.
dj awesome

Post by dj awesome »

edit

i better not have an opinion on krispy kreme's, the donut industry or anything at all as it'll be misconstrued by the observation police.
Last edited by dj awesome on Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

http://www.djawesome.com

Live fast - yeah live too bloody fast sometimes; die young ... Die Young? No ... die old.
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

So who got their donut?
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

sif I'd wait 40 minutes

:roll:
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
mrj

Post by mrj »

dj awesome wrote:these guys seemingly can't do anything wrong.

i wonder if people dickride them so much when it's not so hard to actually get them?

can't see the momentum continuing.
just an observation, but you really are a glass half empty kinda guy aren't you.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
dj awesome

Post by dj awesome »

Dunno man ... that's quite a sweeping generalisation based on the fact you don't even know me.

donuts are awesome.

Live fast - yeah live too bloody fast sometimes; die young ... Die Young? No ... die old.
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

Humans are funny. Want everything for free (most people).
deviant

Post by deviant »

so..... is the store open now?
dj awesome

Post by dj awesome »

so pt.2 ... is the only store in fountain gate?

Arex

Post by Arex »

dj awesome wrote:Dunno man ... that's quite a sweeping generalisation based on the fact you don't even know me.

donuts are awesome.
sweeping generalisations? hang on while I try and put the glass house back together.
Seriously its like cash with dicks...
dj awesome

Post by dj awesome »

Hey arex, mate. Wassup dude.

gnat

Post by gnat »

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
great_magnet
crazy diamond

Post by great_magnet »

Arex wrote:
dj awesome wrote:Dunno man ... that's quite a sweeping generalisation based on the fact you don't even know me.

donuts are awesome.
sweeping generalisations? hang on while I try and put the glass house back together.
Please don't do this again, it's boring. Let it go.
This ain't no party
This ain't no disco
This ain't no foolin' around
lucas
emission reductionist

Post by lucas »

great_magnet wrote:
Arex wrote:

donuts are awesome.
:sr1pt:
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

great_magnet wrote:
Arex wrote:

donuts are awesome.
just wondering who you are saying that too GM? Shouldn't it be pointed to the originator?
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

teef-man says "play nice kids"
PUCK YOU MISS ~~!
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

honestly playing nice, was just asking. honest!!! :smt045
great_magnet
crazy diamond

Post by great_magnet »

Lizkins wrote:
great_magnet wrote:
Arex wrote: sweeping generalisations? hang on while I try and put the glass house back together.
just wondering who you are saying that too GM? Shouldn't it be pointed to the originator?
No worries Liz. I just hate pointless internet arguments that do nothing other than lessen the good natured vibe and lead to locked threads. I totally understand it when people are having valid discussions through well constructed arguments, but name calling and insults are for the schoolyard.

Things got ugly when these guys tangled last time (not pointing the finger at anyone specifically) and it was not cool. No need to see it again. We have a good thing going here and I guess I'm just being protective...

[dad mode off]
This ain't no party
This ain't no disco
gnat

Post by gnat »

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
sneaky hands

Post by sneaky hands »

interestingly awesome, KK has a pretty effective strategy when it comes to restricting supply. At least in the US - i havent had any exposure to them over here.

Once an hour or something, a little light in the store goes on and BAM donuts are available. So people rush to get em, then after a short time they sell out and you gotta wait.

this is done for two reasons - firstly it makes the purchase of a donut much more than a simple transaction, it becomes an event (much like the disgusting display of humanity that was their 10000 donut giveaway). KK gets brand recognition from it, and also they can put a premium on their donut price for the "event experience". secondly, it restricts supply, impacting price and also creating a kind of inferred exclusivity and making the product more desirable.
Last edited by sneaky hands on Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sneaky flow like cash flow
on the first of the month
for broke cats that's thirst for the blunt
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

great_magnet wrote:
Lizkins wrote:
great_magnet wrote: Please don't do this again, it's boring. Let it go.
No worries Liz. I just hate pointless internet arguments that do nothing other than lessen the good natured vibe and lead to locked threads. I totally understand it when people are having valid discussions through well constructed arguments, but name calling and insults are for the schoolyard.

Things got ugly when these guys tangled last time (not pointing the finger at anyone specifically) and it was not cool. No need to see it again. We have a good thing going here and I guess I'm just being protective...

[dad mode off]
two thumbs up for protective mode. i feel the same way sometimes on here.

however, then sometimes i think we are grown-ups and can sort our own shit out.

but then i think, some people can act like complete twats (this includes me) and need someone to tell em to shut up. just as long as the right person is being told to shut up, i whole heartedly agree with the shut up being used :D
dj awesome

Post by dj awesome »

hrm - why does everyone jump up and down whenever someone has a debate or an argument?

does everything have to be good natured etc.

arex and i had a shitfight but i don't think either of us took it particularly seriously.

does every thread that potentially isn't about giving eachother props and saying how awesome everything is have to be locked??

Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

dj awesome wrote: does every thread that potentially isn't about giving eachother props and saying how awesome everything is have to be locked??
word to this. i wanna read what the fuss was about, damn it :lol: i keep finding out afterwards by Hardy or Quick usually, and i missed out on the fun :( i like fun...
soundnotscene

Post by soundnotscene »

dj awesome wrote:hrm - why does everyone jump up and down whenever someone has a debate or an argument?
does every thread that potentially isn't about giving eachother props and saying how awesome everything is have to be locked??
breakbeat is serious business... just like techno was 5 years ago and look where that is today.

the breaks jihad is coming...
dj awesome

Post by dj awesome »

call me easily entertained, bored etc ... but a few one liners back and forth can easily break up the day. lol

lucas
emission reductionist

Post by lucas »

dj awesome wrote:does every thread that potentially isn't about giving eachother props and saying how awesome everything is have to be locked??
Nope. People are welcome to debate stuff, and giving props is not a requirement around here. Avoiding personal insults -is- however.
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." - Martin Luther King Jr.
great_magnet
crazy diamond

Post by great_magnet »

If it wasn't taken so seriously why is Alex posting a bitter reply to a post of yours over a month later?

There's debate and then there's antagonising for the sake of it.
This ain't no party
This ain't no disco
lynt

Post by lynt »

meh
dj awesome

Post by dj awesome »

no idea man ... arex called me a shit dj and to be honest i was flattered to see someone comment on my djing.

great_magnet
crazy diamond

Post by great_magnet »

dj awesome wrote:no idea man ... arex called me a shit dj and to be honest i was flattered to see someone comment on my djing.
Any PR is good PR!
This ain't no party
This ain't no disco
dj awesome

Post by dj awesome »

exactly GM! As they say ...

"It's better to be talked about by people you don't know and have never met in Internet forums than not be talked about by people you don't know and have never met in Internet forums. "

lynt

Post by lynt »

But everyone knows each other anyway.

What's typed in your posts is said from you. There is no anonymity. Crazy, hey!

Internet or no, it's still said.
Stray

Post by Stray »

Mmmm.. doughnuts
sneaky hands

Post by sneaky hands »

yeh so awesome you wanna comment on what i posted? :P
mrj

Post by mrj »

donuts are awesome.
for the record

yes it was quite a sweeping generalisation, thats why I prefaced it by saying that it was just an observation

I have met you a few times, but no I couldn't say I know you

I wasn't having a go, I was just probing. Call me curious.

and yes, I agree that donuts are awesome.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

PUCK YOU MISS ~~!
Kilgore_Trout

Post by Kilgore_Trout »

"Stop picking at it!"

"But I'm so sweet..."
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

^^^^^ HAHAHAHA love it !!
PUCK YOU MISS ~~!
dj awesome

Post by dj awesome »

that's really interesting sneaky hands ... people waiting up to an hour for a donut!

have to agree, KK are amazing at creating an experience around something relatively simple - eating a donut.

all my original point was is that in sydney the Krispy Kreme brand isn't talked about in such hushed tones as it is in Melbs ... as it's not a unique proposition to go and get a Krispy Kreme.

AJ

Post by AJ »

Hey DJ Awesome, I d/led that mix from your website and it took me an hour. Even so, I don't consider it all that exclusive. There's no whites or limited edition re-rubs, FFS.

So unless these KK donuts are freakin' unbelieveable (and frankly, they're not), don't see how waiting an hour makes them 'better'.

Anyway, donuts are not awesome. I quit smoking and have gained 4 kgs already.
resist

Post by resist »

sneaky hands wrote:interestingly awesome, KK has a pretty effective strategy when it comes to restricting supply. At least in the US - i havent had any exposure to them over here.

Once an hour or something, a little light in the store goes on and BAM donuts are available. So people rush to get em, then after a short time they sell out and you gotta wait.

this is done for two reasons - firstly it makes the purchase of a donut much more than a simple transaction, it becomes an event (much like the disgusting display of humanity that was their 10000 donut giveaway). KK gets brand recognition from it, and also they can put a premium on their donut price for the "event experience". secondly, it restricts supply, impacting price and also creating a kind of inferred exclusivity and making the product more desirable.
You know your marketing theory.

So does KK it seems! I haven't seen the donuts packaging, but I bet its eye-catching.
sneaky hands

Post by sneaky hands »

yeh KK is a pretty common study topic for marketing.

as far as i know the packaging is pretty simple, cardboard box style.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

dj awesome wrote:that's really interesting sneaky hands ... people waiting up to an hour for a donut!

have to agree, KK are amazing at creating an experience around something relatively simple - eating a donut.

all my original point was is that in sydney the Krispy Kreme brand isn't talked about in such hushed tones as it is in Melbs ... as it's not a unique proposition to go and get a Krispy Kreme.
Yanks still have ques out the front of their ques, and on breakbeat forums accross the states there are Krispy Kreme appreciation threads. This initial hush maitiains because of the ongoing tactics to remain "what you want."

*forums across the States may not actaully have Krispy Kreme appreciation threads
T MONEY

Post by T MONEY »

Man, i would line up all friggin day to get my hands on a Krispy Kreme.....For Sure
When i was young, i had a bad uncle.....
sneaky hands

Post by sneaky hands »

ac23 wrote:i live 5minutes from fountain gate. :smt006

:narre-south-get-a-dick-in-ya-mouth-yo: *b-boy pose*
hey man i used to deliver pizzas out there, do they still have that housing project called Cypress Hills?
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

deviant wrote: Dan's policy.....

I don't line up for anything!!

that includes... Nightclubs, bars, the Myer xmas window, rides at the show. Nudda.......
Hate to bubbleburst and shit, but what about the bank, the doctor's office, the supermarket, McDonalds, the petrol station, the bakery, the chemist, on escalators, off trains...?? I'm afraid you can't avoid that shit sometimes. :roll:

I sure as shit wouldn't stand in line for 2 hours to get a freaking donut. Forget it! People who gag themselves to get free shit really piss me off...especially since most of these people are well off and can actually afford the item they're tripping over themselves to get for free. The guys at my work can make upwards of $40000 a month in commission (and most do) and yet if there's an IBM training session that involves a free lunch, they're running to be the first in line. I hate to watch them, it's digusting.
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
sneaky hands

Post by sneaky hands »

ahh snout in trough syndrome, i work at a bank and observe that shit all the time. humans are beautiful!
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

sneaky hands wrote:ahh snout in trough syndrome, i work at a bank and observe that shit all the time. humans are beautiful!
ha ha ha !! me 2

Makes me sick !!
PUCK YOU MISS ~~!
deviant

Post by deviant »

The Mixtress wrote:
deviant wrote: Dan's policy.....

I don't line up for anything!!

that includes... Nightclubs, bars, the Myer xmas window, rides at the show. Nudda.......
Hate to bubbleburst and shit, but what about the bank, the doctor's office, the supermarket, McDonalds, the petrol station, the bakery, the chemist, on escalators, off trains...?? I'm afraid you can't avoid that shit sometimes. :roll:
internet banking..... I got centrelinks fax number so :lol: chemist (never go), I go to safeway eally late at night, don't drive (which is just one long queue in melbourne anyway), I'd hardly call catching a tram lining up. I HATE Queues. That last one I was in was at birth deaths and marriages to get my birth certificate...... aaaarrrggghhh fucking sucked. So yeah consider it bursted :)
sneaky hands

Post by sneaky hands »

ac23 wrote: I live in Cyprus Hills, next to Berwick Springs.
:shock:

Every estate is linked now.
no shit, i was workin there around 98-99 (i grew up in pakenham). was hard to deliver around there cos youd buy a melway then 5 weeks later theyd build half a new suburb.