FUKDUPP! feat. Modeselektor [Berlin] | Fri May 12 @ Mercat X

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
d-JCB

FUKDUPP! feat. Modeselektor [Berlin] | Fri May 12 @ Mercat X

Post by d-JCB »

PLAYCHOOK PRODUCTIONS PRESENTS...
MODESELEKTOR [BPITCH/BERLIN]
LIVE @ FUKDUPP!

ImageImage
FRIDAY MAY 12
Dancehall @ The Mercat X
456 Queen St Melbourne

Playchook Productions in association with Ubergang presents FUKDUPP! Modeselektor [Live] - BPitch Control / Berlin as part of their "Hello Mom!" world tour. With over 10 years of production & performance experience behind them, MDSLKTR aka Gernot Bronsert and Sebastian Szary bring to our shores the very finest in Euro Krunk & Broken Rave.. just think the bastard child of Aphex Twin & Pharrell and you're in the ballpark!

Their respectable release schedule on Ellen Allien's influential Berlin based label BPitch Control, is complimented with remix duties for the likes of Miss Kittin, Smash TV, Knifehandchop [Tigerbeat 6] & No Movement No Sound No Memories [Lux Nigra].
Check out http://www.modeselektor.com

After their debut album "Hello Mom!" was released to rave reviews globally in late 2005 , the boys decided to pull up their pants & jumped on a plane to share with the world what one could only imagine is their LIVE sound!

Modeselektor's debut album "HELLO MUM" is out now on BPitch Control BPC115CD / BPC115LP, available in Australia from Stomp/EQ.

lineup::With support from local adherents of the warped groove::

Toupee / Not Happy Jan
Cecille
Wil-tron (Live)
Max Grill
d-JCB / Problem Child

FUKDUPP! is certain to be a night of strange dance music!

tickets::Limited amount of BPitch Control packs given away with early bird tickets - be quick!

$18+bf early bird tickets AVAILABLE NOW WITH BPITCH PACK!
$22+bf during May
$28 on the door

outlets::Early bird tickets out now through:
Slap Records / Fitzroy 9416 3707
Central Station / Melbourne 9654 2505
DMC Records / Prahran 9824 1211
Alley Tunes / Hawthorn 9819 9449
Substrata / Collingwood 9419 0050
or http://www.substrata.com.au - go direct to the buy page - http://www.substrata.com.au/A557D8/subs ... SST-6NSC3E

"Whenever there's a chicken & and ape involved... you know it's FUKDUPP!"
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................
d-JCB

Post by d-JCB »

early bird tickets finished, tickets now $22

the early bird ticket offer (with BPitch pack) is now finished, prices are now $22 +BF, available from::

Slap Records / Fitzroy 9416 3707
Central Station / Melbourne 9654 2505
DMC Records / Prahran 9824 1211
Alley Tunes / Hawthorn 9819 9449
Substrata / Collingwood 9419 0050
or http://www.substrata.com.au - go direct to the buy page here - http://www.substrata.com.au/A557D8/subs ... SST-6NSC3E

$28 on the door
d-JCB

Post by d-JCB »

d-JCB

Post by d-JCB »

...and now, a werd from the modeselektor boys themselves about their "hello mom! world tour", in german and english ;) ::
d-JCB

Post by d-JCB »

and now... some amusement - some modeselektor fan breakin out to "silikon dance":: http://youtube.com/watch?v=TiMPZ8Bd1wI
Luka

Post by Luka »

this is going to be huge
problem child
messycreations
d-JCB

Post by d-JCB »

the modeselektor boys have landed in melbourne town, getting pumped for their set.

there will be a jjj mix for modeselektor this saturday, alongside andy vaz. more details shortly
d-JCB

Modeselektor instore

Post by d-JCB »

Modeselektor will be appearing instore @ Substrata HQ this evenin', Friday, at 5.30pm!!

Bring some booze and see the madcap duo spin some tunes ahead of the now near sold-out show @ the Mercat

We at: 25 Easey St. Collingwood. Ph: 9419 0050. Just down from the corner of Smith & Johnston St. Yo!
d-JCB

Post by d-JCB »

thanks to all who attended and made the first fukdupp! event and the first bpitch tour such a success. besides the power cutting out - which was beyond our control, big apologies - we couldn't have asked for much more.

max grill's "l'cocktail extreme" opening set i hear was killer, all over the shop machine funk (i couldn't make it since i was at dinner with the modeselektor boys); not happy jan vs toupee was a perfect warm up to mdslktr, crunchy, grimey and beefy, i was losing it at one point, good work guys; then came gernot and sebastian's dynamic live set that blew most people away, from their grimey/dancehall flavoured productions to the chunk of "kill bill vol 4", there was many flavours to be devoured; cecille's charging set straight after was also a treat, great diversion from the mdslktr boys set; wil-tron's tweaked live set after that was what the doctor ordered, thankyou for supplying such great frequencies!; then it was myself d-JCB and Problem Child with our first versus set, and my was it fun, easily my fave 1on1 set i've done, was so good playing such a mixed grill of beats.

big thanks to greyspace for supplying great visuals on the night, chestwig's almighty modeselektor warm-up diversion that had many people scratching their heads (the party is called "fukdupp!" and there was a chicken and an ape involved!) and to all the other staff and crew who helped make this party possible, without you guys, myself and max grill would have to have grown 5 more sets of hands.

this is the first fukdupp! event, we are so glad to to leave the starting line jumping, keep yr ear to the ground for future playchook productions...

werd / respekt

d-JCB - Playchook Productions