Rules to live by

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.

Do you believe in banging somebody who has a partner?

Yes, chitty chitty bang bang, everybody's fair game
8%
No, bad karma
77%
Only if the partner is absolute scum
10%
What you don't know won't hurt you
5%

Total votes: 39

nic

Post by nic »

Girls and boys just shouldnt converse.
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

ghetto kitty wrote:i hate the sidle up, the suave look, the 'so, you havin a good night?"

see, this is also what I mean.

What's wrong with "you having a good night?" I've asked that may times and have been genuinely interested in the answer, not their panties.

So, if the above line is a no-no, can you ladies please suggest a good one, for the single blokes that is.

I've seen guys get shut down at "Hello"
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
Carlz

Post by Carlz »

breaksRbest wrote:It's also quite funny when you're having a good chat with an attractive girl and then you just get up and say "see ya, it was nice to meet you". The look on their face is priceless. "WTF, he didn't try a pick up line or even ask for my phone number"
Thats def a better approach than the drunken stumble over/cheesy pick up line way tho! Most of the time she'll be checkin ya the rest of the night if you leave like that.
alcohol may not be the answer.. but at least I can't remember the question!
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

breaksRbest wrote:
Girls need to chill out, chat to random blokes without instantly raising their defences and own them if they start with the pick up lines.
El scripto.... (that's Spanish for script)
deviant

Post by deviant »

breaksRbest wrote:
ghetto kitty wrote:i hate the sidle up, the suave look, the 'so, you havin a good night?"

What's wrong with "you having a good night?" I've asked that may times and have been genuinely interested in the answer, not their panties.

So, if the above line is a no-no, can you ladies please suggest a good one, for the single blokes that is.

I've seen guys get shut down at "Hello"
Man, that shit pisses me off BIG TIME. I have been shut down at hello, excuse me, how's it goin'? and any other amount of greatings you can think of.

I once had a girl stand on my foot on a dance floor. She apologised and kept dancing. I tried to say a few words in a light-hearted manner to show that I appreciated the apology and that all was fine. She basically told me to fuck off and that she didn't want to talk to me and that her standing on my foot was not a good reason to start trying to pick her up!! :shock: (in not so many words of course). It was more of a "whatever" and a cold shoulder. FUCKIN' BITCH!! she wasn't even that hot, in fact after that, not at all.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

breaksRbest wrote:

im sorry, misunderstood again...its not the words, its the delivery...
its the suave look that bothers me, the sidle up....
i dont shut down dudes at hello...but if they have that look, i dont invite them to have a drink with me...

(now everyones gonna go what freakin look? but i cant tell you, its different for everyone, on both sides.....)
nic

Post by nic »

the only thing I can recommend in that situation is to kick her in the shins and blow talcum powder in her face and keep raving on dan.
elysium

Post by elysium »

breaksRbest wrote:Girls need to chill out, chat to random blokes without instantly raising their defences and own them if they start with the pick up lines.
Maybe I overstated my point in my last post. I don't get defensive when a random bloke that just strikes up a conversation, I like meeting people. But you have to agree there is a difference between that and a guy that is just out for one thing. The latter makes me quite uncomfortable, and I guess if that means I am up tight and not chilled out, well then I am.
Direktor wrote:
nic wrote:I lilke being used by girls.
Ditto for most guys I'd reckon.... :lol:

Mars and Venus in full-effect
You're right.

So I guess guys might not understand what it feels like for a girl to be in a position where she feels a little assailed, a little uneasy... don't be so quick to judge me by masculine standards. On the other hand I do hear what BRB is saying about overly defensive females being stupid and snobbing anyone off that tries to talk to them and agree that it is lame.
I'm in a loop, I am the loop...
SoulWhiteMan

Post by SoulWhiteMan »

nic wrote:Girls and boys just shouldnt converse.
a world of masturbation, and ivf to procreate

don't laugh guys, this IS the future
nic

Post by nic »

cool, sign me up for my own pair of boobs too.
Lauer

Post by Lauer »

I dont blame girls for getting bitchy or defensive at guys when they try to talk to them. Some get approached a lot when their out and their sick of it, especially when drunk guys walk up to them and try to pick them up. Its not like they're use to getting genuine interest as to what their like as a person. I've had to pose as a boyfriend for friends of mine before as to keep guys away from them at certain night spots.

However some girls are fucking idiots...
elysium

Post by elysium »

breaksRbest wrote:
nic wrote:lolbrb

Hate it when you talk to a girl and you get the feeling she has the feeling you really 'want her azz' when in fact you are just a bit bored and having a chat.
that's exactly what I'm talking about. Some of 'em have quite large tickets on themselves.

"WE'RE NOT ALL TRYING TO SHAG YOU"
:lol: it's funny you know - I get the same feeling off guys alot. As in you meet them and be friendly and automatically they assume you are throwing yourself at them and want to jump him. I too often feel like shouting:

"WE'RE NOT ALL TRYING TO GET SHAGGED BY YOU"

interesting. Maybe it is just people with big tickets on themselves generally, rather than being a girl/boy thing.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

elysium wrote:So I guess guys might not understand what it feels like for a girl to be in a position where she feels a little assailed, a little uneasy... don't be so quick to judge me by masculine standards. On the other hand I do hear what BRB is saying about overly defensive females being stupid and snobbing anyone off that tries to talk to them and agree that it is lame.
agreed.

i just often get dudes who think theyre gonna end up in bed with me just casue ive got tattoes, and so do they

it gets a little tiring.

:roll:

and yes, laur, my friends are sometimes asked to step in between me and these dudes....
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

i probably should read the whole thread before i comment but i really can't be bothered. so with regards to what i've seen about guys talking to girls and girls getting upitty about being 'sleazed onto': well in my opinion so many girls over react and assume that as soon as a bloke talks to them they're after something. i have a lot of friends like this who always think that there is an alternative agenda when they are spoken to my a male. i think this is basically a sign of arrogance and suggests some sort of 'well why wouldn't he want me' mentality. as has been said, girls need to chill the fuck out sometimes. get the fuck over yourself and talk to the boy. christ, even if he is trying to pick you up, so what? if you feel uncomfortable or if he's being too forward, fair enough, but i don't think there's any need to jump to conclusions and write him off a 'sleaze' the minute he asks you how your night was.

edit: after a quick scan, i think i've just repeated everyone else. :oops:
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

if all chicks were as cool as the ones on here the world would be a much better place to live.
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Bradly Knoll wrote:Evil I've come to tell you that she's evil most definately
Evil ornery scandalous and evil most definately
The tension is getting hotter I'd like to hold her head underwater
Live by it.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

how do guys take the whole - quickly noting boyfriend into conversation thing. is that a good thing, or irritating?

i am really interested.

also, if its good, any suggestions on how to say it without it sounding so pushed and pathetic.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

yeah note it. I do the same if I got a girlfriend.
deviant

Post by deviant »

DBoy wrote:yeah note it. I do the same if I got a girlfriend.
:scr1pt:

I just casually mention it, usually in a story of some type. It's easy to make it sound totally relaxed and non-intentional
nic

Post by nic »

Ill probably ignore it. Unless teh boyfriend sounds interesting, but I dont care if he is a real estate agent really. Id rather talk to the girl, about whatever.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

breaksRbest wrote:if all chicks were as cool as the ones on here the world would be a much better place to live.
same with the guys.
which is why i prolly wouldnt tell any of yas to fuck off if you asked me 'you havin a good night?"
Last edited by ghetto kitty on Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

I think the question was how do we take it?

Anyway we can get it usually.... sorry, it was there.

Honestly - you're only being honest, can't fault that!
elysium

Post by elysium »

I agree - honesty is the best policy. Even if it ends up sounding a little contrived to drop it in the conversation ... at least you know where things stand straight away. It is actually quite sweet when a guy makes a point of telling you he has a g/f (ie once - not just banging on about it all the time), it's nice to see fidelity in action.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

And it's nice to see action in fidelity.....
elysium

Post by elysium »

Direktor wrote:And it's nice to see action in fidelity.....
:lol: :lol:
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Jolly good then :D If usually in the conversation something comes up where by i can go "oh yeah my boy and i went to that" or something like that, i will.

good good, glad we got that sorted.
lucas
emission reductionist

Post by lucas »

[ now playing: pat benatar - love is a battlefield ]
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." - Martin Luther King Jr.
deviant

Post by deviant »

really? yuck
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

lucas wrote:[ now playing: pat benatar - love is a battlefield ]
Love a bit of Pat, nice work Lucas
keenie

Post by keenie »

i get the extreme bad end of the spectrum, for whatever reason, i dunno. the sleaziest guy in the room, you can guarantee hes said something innapropriate to me at some point. i not long ago got my mate to pose as my lesbian lover and tell one to back the fk off.
this sorta shit is a shame because when i was runnin around being single, i got cynical and humiliated the sweet normal ones when they were just a tiny bit too forward. thats my bad, and would have been my loss if i was looking for something like that.

chances are those "snobby" girls are actually nice but now jaded and once bitten twice shy.
it sux i know.
and thats how the flyer got done
elysium

Post by elysium »

keenie wrote:i not long ago got my mate to pose as my lesbian lover and tell one to back the fk off.
my friends tried that once... it backfired and only inflamed the passions of the dudes in question even more! hehehe
The Antichrist

Post by The Antichrist »

What about us gay boys???

Do we have to go up to girls and say "I'm in the closet and married with a kid, so don't worry, even when hell freezes over I'm not going to go near a gutted ewok. So tell me about you. Do you like stuff, eh?!!", and go up to guys and go "I'm in the closet, but I'm packing fudge my leatherboy, and I'd never cheat on him with you, you just aren't well hung enough" to make all boundaries nice and clear??

signed

Confused

:teef:
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

elysium wrote:
keenie wrote:i not long ago got my mate to pose as my lesbian lover and tell one to back the fk off.
my friends tried that once... it backfired and only inflamed the passions of the dudes in question even more! hehehe

same thing back fired on a mate of mine and the dudes actually punched both chicks :x

i really do think its the sleasy ones who make it bad for the good ones. i know its one of the reasons why i put up the defence often (when i was single). actually even now being in a relationship i have still had to use my mates as "boyfriends" if a dude is coming on way to heavy and ain't gettin a clue.
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

where the hell are you peeps hangin out?

dudes punchin chicks, lesbians, dodgy pick up lines, lesbians...

erm...
one more medicated peacefull moment
www.dubstep.com.au
nic

Post by nic »

I spose the bottom line is clubs, bars, raves, multiraves, circus tent events etc are just not good places to pick up anything more than a steak.

Existing non-rave relationships are a better place to start.

This thread has deviated to the max. At least its not so sloppy anymore. I cant even remember what this is about other than a few stand out LOL lines such as "Earn your party" that one made me cringe so hard I gurned for 3 hours.
deviant

Post by deviant »

ROFL
flippo

Post by flippo »

Ag3nT[]0raNg3 wrote:where the hell are you peeps hangin out?

erm...
haha, pissa
Lephrenic

Post by Lephrenic »

nic wrote:I spose the bottom line is clubs, bars, raves, multiraves, circus tent events etc are just not good places to pick up anything more than a steak.

And how/where does one meet such people? Work? Uni?

I'm sorry guys, but I can't stand seeing opportunity pass me by. I have too many could've should've regrets as it is and ultimately if you don't ask, you won't receive. In fact I subtly asked a girl's number tonight (she subtly declined) and felt good just for trying (plus i'll ask her again next time anyway).

It's like how some of my female friends don't like the movie Swingers. I say to them that's because it's mostly true - you have to be a bit of a wanker sometimes to get attention because the plain simple nice guy doesn't get anything. That movie is so money. 8)
menace

Post by menace »

nic wrote:I spose the bottom line is clubs, bars, raves, multiraves, circus tent events etc are just not good places to pick up anything more than a steak.

This thread has deviated to the max. At least its not so sloppy anymore. I cant even remember what this is about other than a few stand out LOL lines such as "Earn your party" that one made me cringe so hard I gurned for 3 hours.
:smt044 :smt043

dude you are in good form nic :3 votes : :lol:

i wish i had more time to read this thread .. but wat i have gather it good . hehe
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Ag3nT[]0raNg3 wrote:where the hell are you peeps hangin out?

erm...

:shock: holy shit, possibly the same venues as you! Get outta town i hear ya say Hughbert, but its true :smt045
SoulWhiteMan

Post by SoulWhiteMan »

hmmm

the way i see it, there is no real answer...

thats why we have "romantic" sections at blockbuster
and films like "swingers" etc
and magazines like FHM, Ralph and on the other side of the coin, Cleo, Cosmo, Dolly, whatever....
if there was a "simple" answer, everyone would be in a happy relationship, no one would ever get hurt.... and Dr Phil wouldn't own a yellow Ferrari
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

i keep asking...

where is the damn rule book?

i cant find one anywhere!
marcus

Post by marcus »

ghetto kitty wrote:i keep asking...

where is the damn rule book?

i cant find one anywhere!
Exactly.
Stylus Radio :: Every 2nd Sunday :: 6-8pm AEST :: http://www.nsbradio.co.uk
calstro

Post by calstro »

calstro

Post by calstro »

:edit: dbl post
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

dating sure>

but what about these kinds of 'relationships"

>the 'ive been your friend for ages but i think i like you and cant say anything for fear of rejection or fear of losing our great friendship'

>the 'we work together but i want to devour you in the elevator and then pretend like nothin happened'

>the 'youre going out with my friend but i think about you every three seconds and they arent that smitten with you"

>the 'we almost went out but didnt many years ago, now i want to ask you again but am scred of change, people, and human nature"

> the 'weve talked about our exes so much, i want you, but cant do anything about it casue weve talked about our exes so much"

need i go on?
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

Travel books are always out of date.
Even if the time lag wasn’t inherent.
the writer’s Rome, Paris, Sydney,
wouldn’t be yours, your snapshots
would never match the glossy illusions
anchoring the book’s version of Abroad

Once your Student Guide To Wherever,
your Rough Guide or Lonely Planet,
is over five years old, or you get married,
the places described become as fictional
as Isaac Asimov or childhood memories,
not to be confused with any real world.

Take your memories, favourite books or films
with you as head luggage, buy a local map,
find the local freesheet, treat lunch as adventure,
remember the traffic is not the wrong way round
and speak s l o w l y, LOUDLY, and clearly.
Welcome to English as a foreign language.

You will act like a novice computer user,
Are You Sure You Want To Do This
the implicit or explicit response on buses,
in bars, museums, the hotel dining room.
Breaches of local etiquette may mean
‘Englishman’ is translated as ‘mad dog’.

Practice interpreting the local currency
in case they don’t speak American Express,
and master the art of tipping naturally,
but if you misread maps & guide books,
wander into a ‘scruffy to rotten district’,
if you are lucky it will resemble Dalston.
...and basically that's the situation
sneaky hands

Post by sneaky hands »

awesome list ghetto K
sneaky flow like cash flow
on the first of the month
for broke cats that's thirst for the blunt
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

deviant wrote:really? yuck
:scr1pt:

:lol:
deviant

Post by deviant »

:scr1pt: GK

what about

I love you and want to be with you but I still enjoy looking at females (in real life or pictures).

I love you and want to be with you but I still enjoy the occasional harmless flirt with female friends and/or aquiantences.

I love you and want to be with you but I still enjoy masturbation with or without porn.

I love you and want to be with you but I still fantasise about other sexual situations (threesomes, watching, random annonymous sex etc etc)

I'm not saying that I'm dealing with these issues, I have dealt with them all at some stage though. I don't think there's many males around that haven't had these issues come up for them in a relationship.