Gripe thread

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

yep pretty much System.

I have spoken to many real estate agents and they said it isn't going to let up for months either i.e. in terms of how many people are going for places. some areas ain't so bad, but some are just nuts when you go check out the place...and also what they state in the ad, ain't what it is, which frustrates me moreso. Just stop lying ya mangy bastards :x
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

Ah, that always sucks. Honesty in advertising is so important.
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

i mean i know they are trying to draw you in, but saying double-sized bedrooms, when in actual fact you could just fit your bed and a bed side table and that is it, is just nuts! Who are they kidding?

man i could rant about this all day, so me thinks i should stop now.
calstro

Post by calstro »

system wrote: Honesty in advertising
Does such a thing exist?

My GOTD- Too busy.... 60hr weeks already and the busy period hasnt even started.
deviant

Post by deviant »

took me AGES to find a place....

the people who are going for places are also offering more money, which is fuct IMO.

I am sooooo lucky to have found the place we are in now, soooo awesome :)
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

deviant wrote:took me AGES to find a place....

the people who are going for places are also offering more money, which is fuct IMO.

I am sooooo lucky to have found the place we are in now, soooo awesome :)
agreed. Makes me think in 3 years we'll be paying $500 a week to rent a bedsit in order to actually have somewhere to live!! :roll:
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

this is doing my fucking head in.

you work your ass off sending quotes to client, praying that they'll accept and when they finally do the fucken supplier is out of stock of the product.

how the fuck am I supposed to do business?
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
deviant

Post by deviant »

find another supplier, even if it's gunna cost you money for now..... the customer is more important and so is your reputation ;)

unless of course they are the only supplier, in which case I suggest you contact the customer ASAP to try and negotiate a comparable product.

wtf, I have no idea wtf it's like to run your business.....

ignore me :roll:

:lol:
mrj

Post by mrj »

Lizkins wrote: Just stop lying ya mangy bastards :x
sif thats gonna happen

Real Estate Agents = scum. of. the. earth.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

mrj wrote:
Lizkins wrote: Just stop lying ya mangy bastards :x
sif thats gonna happen

Real Estate Agents = scum. of. the. earth.

l prefer "mangy", its funnier :P

actually, can't give myself bad karma by saying that now, as my agent is helping by putting in a good word to another agent to get place.
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

deviant wrote:
ignore me :roll:

o.k
deviant

Post by deviant »

You're looking for that "ignore user" button again aren't you :P
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

fucking hell.

lounge got slammed cos of the IR protest so kitty, like the good kitty i am...

left the office to help take out food and wash glasses.

and within five seconds, lost my favorite ring.

AND > i hate food and glasses, and i know why im no longer in the dumb hospitality industry.

:cry:
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

poor kitty. :(

:bighugs:
PUCK YOU MISS ~~!
nic

Post by nic »

its the only way sometimes though, iv even resorted to personal bribes (it was laughed off, if it had of worked i would havce promptly reported the agent).
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

deviant wrote:You're looking for that "ignore user" button again aren't you :P

don't need it anymore!

:)

the last 3 places I have rented I've offered more money to ensure I get it, worked every time. ya gotta do what ya gotta do
deviant

Post by deviant »

gold sig!!!

:lol:
deviant

Post by deviant »

lol

as if
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

F*cking council......! F*ck RED f*cking tape! Now I have a family of 6 with no where to live because the stupid coucnil mole is cranky that the old shit of a building doesn't look like a the f*cking Taj Mahal after it WAS cleaned!

Family of 6 currently living in garage....... Living on streets tomorrow!
F*ck council F*ck council F*ck council F*ck council F*ck council F*ck council F*ck council F*ck council F*ck council F*ck council F*ck council F*ck council F*ck council F*ck council F*ck council F*ck council F*ck council F*ck council
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

shit ulyssian...

that absolutely sucks.

fuckin arseholes.

speechless.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

breaksRbest wrote:
deviant wrote:You're looking for that "ignore user" button again aren't you :P

don't need it anymore!

:)

the last 3 places I have rented I've offered more money to ensure I get it, worked every time. ya gotta do what ya gotta do

its a tough one really. i know it puts the rent up on that place, but at the same time, you want to get ahead.....what can you do? :smt102
deviant

Post by deviant »

Hehe, we didn't offer more for ours.... we were asked for more and in return they painted it and put in new carpet :)

you'll se it soon Liz, Steve's movin' in a few weeks 8)
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

Lizkins wrote: its a tough one really. i know it puts the rent up on that place, but at the same time, you want to get ahead.....what can you do? :smt102
i think, that if you look and look and you finally find the house you want, its worth it to offer a bit more.

even ten bucks a week can put you in favour, and not break the bank...

i have done it a copule times too, or pretended to be pregnant (the third room is for da baby, oh how cute etc etc)

that works too

:wink:
deviant

Post by deviant »

If you don't find the IDEAL place then sofa surf until you do. sucks to move in to a place that you don't feel is ideal.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

sofa surfing over christmas and new years is not ideal...

crossing fingers on ones we have applied for...
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

GOTD:

Already clocked up over 40 hours of fieldwork and it is only thurs.

My neck is sunburned, my old broken bones are aching (change coming through methinks) I have blisters and cuts all over my hands, I am covered in dust and grime and toxic waste and I have to go and sit on a train and have people look at me and go "oh, a five-foot 45kg construction worker. I'm guessing she is Jackhammer operator or somesuch. She smells like ass." and I want to play poker or sit in Black Cat with a brewski or three but I don't even have enough energy to leave the office.

:tard:
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

elflaymo wrote:Hahaha, thought you'd like it! Am still workin on the Rice Cream can, you don't have one you could scan do ya?
mmmm no label here to speak of Robo - Googleing now for ya.

I cant wait for it, a few 'choice' alterations and its like a lifetime membership to the larfing factory!! :smt043 :smt043

Now to a gripe.

This world.

Sitting at trafic lights and this old man, almost half bent over is struggling accros the road, and im mean S T Ruggling. the lights have changed and he isnt even a third of the way across the road.

NOT ONE PERSON standing at the lights, a massive intersection, not one motherfucker even suggests to move to help this guy.

So I jump out of the car, scream at a tram that is simply dinging at the poor old guy to stop, and help him across the road.

I hope to GOD (or similar) that if im in trouble, none of those people are anywhere near me cos they wouldnt do a DAM THING. Makes me fucking sick.

Makes you wanna cry :cry:
Last edited by Lil MiSbreaks on Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

C.I.A. wrote:GOTD:

Already clocked up over 40 hours of fieldwork and it is only thurs.

My neck is sunburned, my old broken bones are aching (change coming through methinks) I have blisters and cuts all over my hands, I am covered in dust and grime and toxic waste and I have to go and sit on a train and have people look at me and go "oh, a five-foot 45kg construction worker. I'm guessing she is Jackhammer operator or somesuch. She smells like ass." and I want to play poker or sit in Black Cat with a brewski or three but I don't even have enough energy to leave the office.

:tard:
:smt056
abstar

Post by abstar »

Getting home and finding the couch has been eaten by my dogs! :evil: :roll:
deviant

Post by deviant »

CIA ----> check PMs!!!!
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

i just.... um... dislocated my finger.... its all swollen and i cant use it. guess it could be worse.

The rubber plant was surprised. If the rubber plant could have spoken, it wouldn't have said anything. That's how surprised the rubber plant was.
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

Work! Bring back the barter system!
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

a can of Rice Cream will cure the blues

;)
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

lame gripe, but still frustrating, and i don't need it right now -

phone call from my step mum saying she doesnt want to see my sister at my birthday and phone call from my mum saying she doesn't want to see my dad. two separate birthdays now to accommodate both families and not even on my actual birthday :roll:

i better get good presents dammit :lol:
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

elflaymo wrote:how the hell can i be this low on a friday??? Isn't fridayu meant to be a day of fun and happiness? I'm shat off and grumpy!
Sort it out mate, do Lleyton styles - COME OONNNNN!!!! Think of Mo shic, sleeping in, drinking, 'other' and its almost lunchtime.
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

Ghetto Kitty wrote:shit ulyssian...

that absolutely sucks.

fuckin arseholes.

speechless.
deviant

Post by deviant »

Lizkins wrote:lame gripe, but still frustrating, and i don't need it right now -

phone call from my step mum saying she doesnt want to see my sister at my birthday and phone call from my mum saying she doesn't want to see my dad. two separate birthdays now to accommodate both families and not even on my actual birthday :roll:

fuck me.....

I'd be telling them this....

"It's my birthday!! don't put that shit onto me, if you don't want to see certain people then sort it out yourself. It's not my responsibility to protect you from seeing people you don't want to see. Least of all on MY birthday."

I fucken HATE shit like that, it makes me really mad. ADULTS???? :roll:
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

deviant wrote:
Lizkins wrote:lame gripe, but still frustrating, and i don't need it right now -

fuck me.....

I'd be telling them this....

"It's my birthday!! don't put that shit onto me, if you don't want to see certain people then sort it out yourself. It's not my responsibility to protect you from seeing people you don't want to see. Least of all on MY birthday."

I fucken HATE shit like that, it makes me really mad. ADULTS???? :roll:

the shit fighting that would happen on my birthday would not be worth it. i had to calm my mum and dad down at my sisters birthday back in October, and then got calls from my mum the next day abusing me for taking sides, which i wasn't :roll:

i agree, adults???? :roll:

still, at least i will prob get to spend it with just my boy and mates, which would be well super :D 8)
deviant

Post by deviant »

:shock:

my god :roll:
kemicalsista

Post by kemicalsista »

g.o.t.d...... whilst perusing news.com (the only site we can access at work) they were advertising enchanted forest, the wicked ass adeladian festiaval withthe maddest line up(pendulum, goldie, kid kenobi), as being held in melb, at a venue tba on the 9th, now this got me very excited until i did a bit of research and realised new.com got the city wrong!! Bad NEWS.COM. VERY bad...
your momma couldn't fit in a can bro'
deviant

Post by deviant »

I quite like Uncle Sid ;)
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

I'm so hung over, in fact i dont think the full effects of my hang over have kicked in yet it would almost be safe to say i'm still drunk. Now i have to go to work smelling like a wine factory. Oh yeah mid week booze hound geeting mad pissed on a school night rockin home at 7am.
GO CATS! GO CATS!
deviant

Post by deviant »

work is SHITTING me today :evil:
Scholtzy

Post by Scholtzy »

Apple.

Sold me a fucked machine, apparently it was 'refurbished', but I suspect they knew it had issues and didnt look properly into fixing the problem before handballing it to me.

I took it in on Monday, called up last night and they still havent figured out whats wrong with, and I have a bad feeling they wont because it just randomly crashes when running multimedia apps like itunes, quicktime, and mostly cubase. Sometimes it crashes when the cpu is working hard, others its only on 10% capacity. Arrrgh...I just want a computer that works,...which you would expect for 3k.

:x
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

Scholtzy wrote:Apple.

Sold me a fucked machine, apparently it was 'refurbished', but I suspect they knew it had issues and didnt look properly into fixing the problem before handballing it to me.

I took it in on Monday, called up last night and they still havent figured out whats wrong with, and I have a bad feeling they wont because it just randomly crashes when running multimedia apps like itunes, quicktime, and mostly cubase. Sometimes it crashes when the cpu is working hard, others its only on 10% capacity. Arrrgh...I just want a computer that works,...which you would expect for 3k.

G5? There's at least one known bad batch. I returned at least 3 machine sin my old job and had them immediately replaced. I suggest you do the same, as this would be under warranty.
mecka

Post by mecka »

GOTD:

Being out faaaar too long last night with Kronz & Milco and not getting home till 8. Then having to work at noon. Then having to cancel on friends to come home and nap. I really hate cancelling on people.

at least i have goldie & john b to help me work through these important issues this weekend.
Scholtzy

Post by Scholtzy »

system wrote:

G5? There's at least one known bad batch. I returned at least 3 machine sin my old job and had them immediately replaced. I suggest you do the same, as this would be under warranty.
Yeah its a G5. I'm just gutted I didnt realise earlier because it did have issues early on, apparently you can take it back within the first 14 days and they will replace it no questions asked. I've had mine for about 4 months now. I read a bit of stuff on apple discussions and it seems that some machines are just bad from the begining, and most of them seem to have the random kernel panic / freezing issues. weird.
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

Scholtzy wrote:
system wrote:

Yeah its a G5. I'm just gutted I didnt realise earlier because it did have issues early on, apparently you can take it back within the first 14 days and they will replace it no questions asked. I've had mine for about 4 months now. I read a bit of stuff on apple discussions and it seems that some machines are just bad from the begining, and most of them seem to have the random kernel panic / freezing issues. weird.
Plead your case to the retailer in question ASAP mate. It'll do your head in otherwise and the machine should still be under warranty.
Amick

Post by Amick »

some apple G5's are possesed with an evil spirit, i guess you got a haunted machine!!! :lol:

get an exorcism and your G5 will be like brand new...;)

nah that sucks, Scholtz you and computers are bad news.
Scholtzy

Post by Scholtzy »

Amick wrote:some apple G5's are possesed with an evil spirit, i guess you got a haunted machine!!! :lol:

get an exorcism and your G5 will be like brand new...;)

nah that sucks, Scholtz you and computers are bad news.
exorcism you say??

better not, not sure if I can deal with a G5 levitating around the house vomiting cds at me....I think I'll leave that to apple hahaha

But seriously, this is the second computer in a row that has issues...bah