Unsubtle Discussion

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

hehehhe same.

arent you supposed to get older and wiser?

or is it older and more nihilist?

:)
andy_hoffman

Post by andy_hoffman »

ghetto kitty wrote:hehehhe same.

arent you supposed to get older and wiser?

or is it older and more nihilist?

:)
i'd have to say the latter lol
...................................................................................................................................................
no more epilepsy raptor jesus
deviant

Post by deviant »

The Mixtress wrote:Agreed.

When I first started the chems, I NEVER used to mix and I'd steer clear of alcohol too. Now I'm dumb. NYE for example, I mixed MDMA, speed, acid, alcohol, pot and fags.

BAD
isn't that a normal night out?
andy_hoffman

Post by andy_hoffman »

deviant wrote:

When I first started the chems, I NEVER used to mix and I'd steer clear of alcohol too. Now I'm dumb. NYE for example, I mixed MDMA, speed, acid, alcohol, pot and fags.

BAD
haha.. well yeah it is alot of the time.

also thought i'd mention this awesome trip i had on salvia. probably the best visuals i've ever had. everything was blurry as but as i'd turn my head, everything was kinda getting painted in front of me and it took a while for my vision to catch up with things. everything looked kinda 2D and painterly but there were layers too. looked mad!
...................................................................................................................................................
no more epilepsy raptor jesus
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

deviant wrote:

BAD
Let's go out then... :wink:
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
paranoid edge

Post by paranoid edge »

BAD
Sounds like fun to me :wink:
SoulWhiteMan

Post by SoulWhiteMan »

Direktor wrote:Anyone confirm if Daytura is the legal herb alternative to weed etc, that's sold around Melbourne - Fitroy for example.
not entirely sure if it's legal, my brother had a daytura plant in his backyard in the new house he bought, didn't like it's flowers, and got the landscaper to rip it out....

A dose can make you go "blind" in that you only see colors, certain colors of a color gradient kind of thing....

an "overdose" , as you would imagine, can fuck your vision
SoulWhiteMan

Post by SoulWhiteMan »

I'll throw in my 2cents and say that I consider drugs to be the "icing" on the "cake."

That is to say, you need a solid foundation in your life (cake) in order to add a superficial component to it (the icing)... you can't have a life with just the "icing" and, in my experience and observaitons, its people who have no "cake" that fuck themselves over... People who have a terrible reality that want to escape it by using drugs that "lose it." Know what I mean? Thats why I know of some people who smoke everyday (weed) and run their own carpentry businesses, or their own tradie businesses and the drugs don't affect them, but I also know of people who ONLY smoke weed, don't work, and are whiny, sooky, pitifull bastards who can't "get it together" ie: get a job, be independent etc.... and, for the most part, don't really want to either....

I'm not trying to be judgemental, I'm just speaking from frustration as a lot of you know after highschool finished I went nuts on the drugs, dropped out of uni, was getting paid fuckall for shitty labouring jobs throughout the place and was surrounded by people for whom being "normal" was "too hard."

Not trying to be judgemental, and I'm sorry if I sound like it, speaking from a very personal angle here, don't take offence....
SoulWhiteMan

Post by SoulWhiteMan »

One other thing, I like how people talk about the insensitivity and omnipitonce that grows toward drug taking....

I think about Timothy Leary: smart guy, psycologist at HARVARD FUCKING UNIVERSITY, user of LSD and championed its cause, beleiving the ego-less altered state, if experienced by enough people, would cause a "revolution" of western society (fuck I wish i was in the 60s) and....
what happened, he went fucking troppo!

Hunter S Thompson: did every fucking drug in every fucking quantity imaginable; wrote some great novels....

In one of his memoir essays (in "happy birthday jack nicholson") he explains how he would hear "the danger" outside his montana home, and one of his "hobbies" to scare off the "danger" would be to grab his double barrell shotgun (which he kept near the front door) and shoot at his gas tanks in order to get rid of the presence of danger.... Hmmm..... A few short years later (this essay was in 2001) he blew his fucking head off with a shotgun?.......

What I'm saying is, no one is immune, an accomplished novelist, a Harvard doctorate.... lost it completely. And also, you can trip the fuck out, and dose up, have a fucking ball, provided it's not a huge priority in life that you do so....

/end rant
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

I'm with ya SoulWhiteMan. I think these guys were living in a time when revolution was abound and psychadelics like LSD were just being discovered. The amount of knowledge and information available today (internet etc) would hopefully prevent such decadence.

Elvis
Janis Joplin
Jimi Hendrix
Jim Morrison...all lived to excess. MASSIVE excess. As did Leary and Thompson (God rest his weary soul)

Besides, the level of acid in a trip these days is a lot less harmful. I heard (and don't quote me on this), that these days you're lucky to get 120mg's of acid in a blotter trip, but in the 60's & 70's, they were consuming 600mg's at a time. (Can anyone confirm?)
SoulWhiteMan

Post by SoulWhiteMan »

no, but it's a mute point when you can buy "liquid" lsd in melbourne
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

SoulWhiteMan wrote:no, but it's a mute point when you can buy "liquid" lsd in melbourne
:shock: where?? :shock:
SoulWhiteMan

Post by SoulWhiteMan »

go to a psy-trance party ;)

i've only done liquid twice, both were mind blowingly good occasions. Both NYD 33 parties...

This year was spectacular sitting on St Kilda beach, watching the sun go down and "becoming one with the sand"
deviant

Post by deviant »

The Mixtress wrote:Besides, the level of acid in a trip these days is a lot less harmful. I heard (and don't quote me on this), that these days you're lucky to get 120mg's of acid in a blotter trip, but in the 60's & 70's, they were consuming 600mg's at a time. (Can anyone confirm?)
I think you mean 120µg (In fact I know that's what you mean)... 120mg would be worse than hell I would imagine :shock: and 600mg would probably kill you.

My guess (from the few acid experiences I've had) would be that your average blotter has around 80µg-100µg.... IE: not really that much, but the thing with blotters is that they are inherently inacurate way of dosing. Plus on top of that acid is a very fragile moecule which degrades easily over a reletively short space of time and cannot stand heat very much at all.
Double D

Post by Double D »

I really like your icing vs cake analogy SWM.

Once when I was young I made cupcakes. When it came time to make the icing, I made an extra cupful of bright blue icing, and drank the whole thing in one go.

Despite the exhilirating sense of rebellion and sheer freedom I felt from this act, needless to say I was not in the mood to appreciate the cupcakes I had spent so long baking, which sat cooling and neglected on the windowsill.

I'm glad I learnt this lesson at a young age.

I think there's something in that for all of us. :D
gnat

Post by gnat »

That is fabulous Double D :smt023
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

deviant wrote:
The Mixtress wrote:Besides, the level of acid in a trip these days is a lot less harmful. I heard (and don't quote me on this), that these days you're lucky to get 120mg's of acid in a blotter trip, but in the 60's & 70's, they were consuming 600mg's at a time. (Can anyone confirm?)
I think you mean 120µg (In fact I know that's what you mean)... 120mg would be worse than hell I would imagine :shock: and 600mg would probably kill you.

My guess (from the few acid experiences I've had) would be that your average blotter has around 80µg-100µg.... IE: not really that much, but the thing with blotters is that they are inherently inacurate way of dosing. Plus on top of that acid is a very fragile moecule which degrades easily over a reletively short space of time and cannot stand heat very much at all.
Thanks Deviant. I tried to preface my ignorance but...
My point was we don't get the same dosage they did in the 60's.

Freezer action for acid at all time
Double D

Post by Double D »

gnat wrote:That is fabulous Double D :smt023
Thanks Gnat. :D

(.. but by fuck how I remember that sickly sweet taste of icing!)
Terry Tate
Location: come in! this is lonely soldier! my location is....bookshop!

Post by Terry Tate »

SoulWhiteMan wrote:One other thing, I like how people talk about the insensitivity and omnipitonce that grows toward drug taking....

I think about Timothy Leary: smart guy, psycologist at HARVARD FUCKING UNIVERSITY, user of LSD and championed its cause, beleiving the ego-less altered state, if experienced by enough people, would cause a "revolution" of western society (fuck I wish i was in the 60s) and....

Hunter S Thompson: did every fucking drug in every fucking quantity imaginable; wrote some great novels....

In one of his memoir essays (in "happy birthday jack nicholson") he explains how he would hear "the danger" outside his montana home, and one of his "hobbies" to scare off the "danger" would be to grab his double barrell shotgun (which he kept near the front door) and shoot at his gas tanks in order to get rid of the presence of danger.... Hmmm..... A few short years later (this essay was in 2001) he blew his fucking head off with a shotgun?.......

What I'm saying is, no one is immune, an accomplished novelist, a Harvard doctorate.... lost it completely. And also, you can trip the fuck out, and dose up, have a fucking ball, provided it's not a huge priority in life that you do so....

/end rant
how did leary go troppo?

he only used lsd in his experiments on conciousness raising and meta-programming for 2 odd years before declaring he had learnt all he could from them and had found better ways to achieve his goals (meditation, yoga, etc.)
and it wasnt like he was just dropping acid and throwing it around at every one. hes a scientist and every experiment he did with lsd was carefully documented and results recorded in the most scientific way possible.
i think you might have listened to a big too much of the propaganda trying to discredit dr leary and his work.
but hey, at least the us government didnt fucking burn all his books and research work like they did to dr wilhelm reich
New Hampshire's alright if you like fighting.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

got some interesting (albeit annoying) vids of leary talking.

liquid is awesome. still prefer mushies over lsd tho
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
SoulWhiteMan

Post by SoulWhiteMan »

Terry Tate wrote:
SoulWhiteMan wrote:One other thing, I like how people talk about the insensitivity and omnipitonce that grows toward drug taking....

/end rant
how did leary go troppo?

he only used lsd in his experiments on conciousness raising and meta-programming for 2 odd years before declaring he had learnt all he could from them and had found better ways to achieve his goals (meditation, yoga, etc.)
and it wasnt like he was just dropping acid and throwing it around at every one. hes a scientist and every experiment he did with lsd was carefully documented and results recorded in the most scientific way possible.
i think you might have listened to a big too much of the propaganda trying to discredit dr leary and his work.
but hey, at least the us government didnt fucking burn all his books and research work like they did to dr wilhelm reich
he went to prison, was broken out by "underground weather" , and then fled to central america and took too many happy herbs.....? this is the information I've been given?
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

I just showed my sister this thread and we laughed and laughed
:smt005 :smt043 :smt044 :smt003

Thanks for alll the feedback guys, this has been one hell of a learning curve...and AWFULLY entertaining. :lol:
Andrez

Post by Andrez »

Red Dragon. A few years back at an Every Picture Tells A Story party.

Everybody's face was scribbled out; I had to recognise my friends by their legs...

Eek.

:shock:
almax

Post by almax »

Andrez wrote:Red Dragon. A few years back at an Every Picture Tells A Story party.

Everybody's face was scribbled out; I had to recognise my friends by their legs...

Eek.

lol, cause everyones legs are so distinguishable
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Andrez wrote:Red Dragon. A few years back at an Every Picture Tells A Story party.

Eek.

I'm sorry, that was fucking hilarious :smt043 I can't imagine the trial that must have been. What if you'd forgetten what they were wearing that night??

What's Red Dragon??
Andrez

Post by Andrez »

almax wrote:
lol, cause everyones legs are so distinguishable[/quote]

...you'd be surprised!!!

It's amazing how suddenly people's dress-sense matters more - you're looking for mates with particular pants, or others with a certain length of skirt. Freaky.

Red dragon = crazy acid tab from mid 90s...

:roll:
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

One more related question.

When you're high on acid or shrooms (or any other psychedelic substances), do you ever experience the feeling of being able to sense emotions and underlying feelings of those around you? For example, you're in a nice warm living room with your friends, all in the same condition as you, and you merely watch their behaviour and listen to the tones and accents in their words, do you feel you can perceive ill-will between two people or more? Or sexual tension or some kind of similar wavelength?

I'll give you an experience as an example. Our last company weekend vacation was on King Island, during my pill popping days. On the first night we all (boss included) went into a vacant lodge and decided that would be our 'loungroom' for the weekend. The bottles of grog came out and everyone but me and a friend Ossie proceeded to get shitfaced. Being strangers for the most part, I prefered to stay within control of myself. I had taken half a pill before joining them all so I wouldn't have to drink, and I knew I could control the high well.

As the night wore on, Ossie and I seemed the only ones not acting like caged animals and I figured (without confirming) that he too had popped a pill. I watched him watch everyone else in silence and I went over to him and sat down. We leaned closer and I whispered to him what I'd done. He raised his eyebrow and laughed and said he had done the same. We giggled amongst ourselves for a minute before the action on the main floor took our attention. The PA to the manager, Kim, and one of the sales guys, Nick, seemed overly flirty and touchy...a big no-no since Nick had just gotten married about 4 months earlier. Ossie leaned over and told me that he'd noticed during the trip that Kim and Nick seemed closer than before. I said "I noticed something funny b/w those two for a while and I think this trip will tip whatever it is over the edge".

We waited. We talked and laughed with some others that came to the group and then wafted away, but we stayed put in our advantageous seats. Ossie was sure I was overreacting but he was intrigued nonetheless. I could feel the energy changing in the room when people started doing 'stacks on' with each other on the beds around us. It was building nicely, this sexual tension that was coming from people who'd previously never felt comfortable enough to touch each other before this.

I grabbed Ossie's hand and said 'watch this'. I didn't know what was about to happen but the tension had reached it's crescendo and something was about to explode. Lo & behold, Kim and Nick started dancing in the middle of the room, innocently enough, holding close but not too close. Then Kim swivelled, touched her toes and Nick went in for some pseudo doggy style action.

The whole room stopped dead. Kim and Nick stood in silence for a minute and then Kim ran out of the room. Ossie grabbed my hand and said "how they fuck did you know what was gonna happen??"
"I could feel the tension, it had to end somehow" I replied.

I wonder DAILY whether I would have predicted this if I'd just had a few wines with everyone else instead of taking e.

Sometimes the tension in a room can be cut with a knife, but does that make it doubley so if you're on a psychoactive substance??

Anyone else had an experience similar, where you can almost predict the course of events just by gauging the tension among people? Is this not the 'open mind perception' thing we were discussing before??

It could also be the sensing of the unknown. Are you more suseptible to feeling a ghost in the house or a message coming through from the other side? In this hard to prove question, could it just be our minds playing tricks, as they like to do under those conditions?

I realised I'm not even half done with this topic afterall :oops:
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Close to the emotional state of others and premonitions of behaviour.
I was on liquid once and was really in tune with other peoples closeness and when people were abouit to leave. As peeps were pairing up and even when peeps were still present but leaving in the not too distant future, there bodies unravelled like a knitted cradigan, slowly untwining in one continuous thread movement. Then when there skeltal frame was bared if they would ever started PDA'ing or left the premisis completely. As the last person left my place the process took forever, partly causde I had tapped into what was going on with the hallucination and also cause it was ineveitable they were going to go home.