?Fractured?- Now the OFFICIAL word on whats happening

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
fikuss

Post by fikuss »

bit late on the uptake as I haven't been on here much lately but here we go...

nice one Pauly. As Fents said I've never been a huge fan of Fractured or Brown Alley but think that you've done a lot of really great things for D&B in this town.

There's only a handful of people around that understand the commitment and sheer amount of energy it takes to put on nights as regularly and as long as you have and I really take my hat off to you dude.

Big ups. Keep up the good work.
ShiKung

Post by ShiKung »

^^ Cheers bro from you guys that really means alot!
ShiKung

Post by ShiKung »

A little late but...
------------------------

After over 5 years of supplying Melbourne with its dose of weekly breaks, drum&bass, hiphop and leftfield beats, the crew at Fractured are taking a break form the world of weekly nights to focus on new and exciting projects, including their new annual festival Beats on the Beach, which which was held new years day this year just outside of Byron Bay.

Fractured hands the weekly Friday breaks baton at Brown Alley over to new crew BugHauz (Bug House) who launch Friday 16th March @ Brown Alley with UK breaks legend Tayo. The BugHauz crew have a stellar lineup of breaks and electro acts coming up so stay tuned for more developments by checking the www.brownalley.com or myspace.com/bughauz.

The Fractured brand as a club night, unqiue show brand & festival stage has played host to many of the biggest international djs and acts of the broken beat genres, including Jazy Jeff & MC Skillz, DJ Craze, Saul Williams, Z-Trip, The Nextmen & Dynamite MC, Andy C, Miss Kitten & The Hacker (Dj Set) Andy C & MC GQ, Drumattic Twins [Fingerlickin], Freq Nasty, Rennie Pilgrem & MC Chickaboo, Cut La Roc, Deadly Avenger, Tayo, Koma & Bones, BLIM, Meat Katie, Ali B, Atomic Hooligan, Aquasky, Breakfastaz, Skool of Thought, Paul Arnold, Kraak'n'Smaak, Future Funk Squad, Bass Nectar, General Midi, SOTO, Klaus Hill, Fine Cut Bodies, Tipper, Phantom Beats, Elite Force, Kraymon, DJ Hyper, DJ Food (Ninja Tune), Touche, Bentley Rhythm Ace (Dj Set), Ed Rush & Optical, Die, Clipz, Shy FX, Skibadee, Micky Finn & MC Shabba-d, Pendulum, Diesel Boy & MC Messinian (USA) Die, Clipz, TeeBee, The Upbeats, DJ Suv & Emcee Natural, Dj Sonic, Bryan Gee & MC Darrison, Spikey Tee, Dom & Roland, Hazard, BanBan (BRZ), Concord Dawn (NZ), Fort Knox 5 (USA), DJ Lord (Public Enemy), DJ Sueside (Wu Tang), as well as regularly showcasing Australian and New Zealand talent, by the likes of The Black Seeds, Budspells, Mighty Asterix, Rhian Sheehan, Module, Ruff Neck Souljahs, Agent Alvin, dj Damon (Nomad), Timmy Schumacher, The Red Eyes, Urthboy, Illzilla, NuBreed, K-Oscillate, Greg Packer, Kid Kenobi & MC Shureshock.

We at Fractured would like to thank all the punters, promoters, artists and venues who have helped carry the night over the past 5 years and look forward to partying with you all in the not so distant future. Stay tuned for upcoming Fractured events including LTJ Bukem @ The Hifi Bar on Sat 17th March.

Much love and respect!

CHRIS MITCHELL
Last edited by ShiKung on Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lynt

Post by lynt »

chris sucks.
valuetime

Post by valuetime »

dum&bass eh?

the opposite of IDM?
lynt

Post by lynt »

OMG :teef:
deviant

Post by deviant »

My first gig was at Fractured in Aug 2004 Platform 1

worst gig ever, but a baptism of fire learns you good ;)
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Not a fan of the Platform... haven't had too many good nights there... Wierd layout.
lilstormer

Post by lilstormer »

I'm a bit late on the uptake too, Haven't been here much.

Props to you Pauly for doing a really hard job well and always being a pleasure to deal with.

I hope it's the case of one door closing and many others opening for you.

Good luck with it all

:smt023
Free to those that can afford it, very expensive to those that can't.
sneaky hands

Post by sneaky hands »

valuetime wrote:dum&bass eh?

the opposite of IDM?
lol

yo theres a spelling error in the first line!
sneaky flow like cash flow
on the first of the month
for broke cats that's thirst for the blunt
ShiKung

Post by ShiKung »

^^ Funny thing is that i actually had proofed the article, you wouldnt believe how many typo's there were! Most of the artists were spelt wrong!
almax

Post by almax »

lynt wrote:chris sucks.
:scr1pt:

:teef:

ShiKung wrote:^^ Funny thing is that i actually had proofed the article, you wouldnt believe how many typo's there were! Most of the artists were spelt wrong!
for chris, thats standard
Blueprint

Post by Blueprint »

Big ups pauly & chris.. tough to keep it up week in week out.. good memories from Fractured, FFS at Platform 1 & Rennie Pilgrem and Drummatics at Brown Alley..
SoulWhiteMan

Post by SoulWhiteMan »

I met my current girlfriend at Future Funk Squad .... I'll be engaged to her by the end of this year.