Gripe thread

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

system wrote:SCO and everything within it. nothing but pain for the past 2 days.
BUH BOW.

(i mean, i'm sorry to hear that.)
sten

Post by sten »

vitamin B tablets for everything always.
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

mrj wrote:ulceration of the nation.

seriously over this.
do you take a lot of pain killers or strong medication?

are you under a lot of stress?

these are the main cause of ulcers.. stay away fron Neurofen too.. bad
flippo

Post by flippo »

fuck off wind!
calstro

Post by calstro »

I'm getting sick.

I think half a day may be in order.
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

flippo wrote:fuck off wind!
choppy seas much??

Hating it.
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
flippo

Post by flippo »

C.I.A. wrote:
choppy seas much??

Hating it.
I'm like a week behind :cry:
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

flippo wrote:
C.I.A. wrote:
choppy seas much??

Hating it.
Ive got a week behind :cry:
Smelly??
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

flippo wrote:
C.I.A. wrote:
choppy seas much??

Hating it.
I'm like a week behind :cry:
Yeah, well that doesn't help either. Sorry to hear that :(

Chin up... I always say if it doesn't kill you it must still be pretty debilitating and you have every right in the world to whinge about it :wink:
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
flippo

Post by flippo »

who am I kidding, I'm like a year behind, what's a fucken week going to do.

lol.
deviant

Post by deviant »

stovequeen wrote:
mrj wrote:ulceration of the nation.

seriously over this.
do you take a lot of pain killers or strong medication?

are you under a lot of stress?

these are the main cause of ulcers.. stay away fron Neurofen too.. bad
ulcers are caused by bacteria and can be cured with antibiotics. neurofen and other pain killers have been known to irritate stomach ulcers, as far as mouth ulcers go I don't reckon ibruprofen would make any difference.
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

trying to connect my fax machine (multi function centre) using the same phone line as the ADSL is running through. I am paying for a seperate number for the fax but I can't figure out how to get the fucker working?

:banghead:

2nd gotd: Australia Post now charges $3 to fax a single page :?
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

flippo wrote:who am I kidding, I'm like a year behind, what's a fucken week going to do.

lol.

Like anyone who is dealing with animals/the elements is going to have their thesis written in 3-3.5 years. That is some jedi shit right there.

Don't worry 4.5-5 is standard.

just don't go over 7
mrj

Post by mrj »

stovequeen wrote: do you take a lot of pain killers or strong medication?
Nope. In fact do my best to avoid it. I would go months without panadol or similar.
stovequeen wrote: are you under a lot of stress?
Probably.

It sucks. I've tried everything. I'm eating vitamin B tablets like they are m&m's. Using sm33. Using warm salt water. Everything that is recommended I'm doing. And they just get bigger and bigger and more painful.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

mrj wrote:
Nope. In fact do my best to avoid it. I would go months without panadol or similar.
Probably.

It sucks. I've tried everything. I'm eating vitamin B tablets like they are m&m's. Using sm33. Using warm salt water. Everything that is recommended I'm doing. And they just get bigger and bigger and more painful.
Sorry to hear Josh

Maybe you have a food alergy? I suggest you see a good doctor pronto. Let me know if you need a recommendation. Pain is not normal not is a recuring complaint. You need to get this sorted pronto.
mrj

Post by mrj »

Hmmmm perhaps I should

Cheers for the advice SQ. I think I will prob need to see a doc in the next couple of days anyheew as I'm coming down with something or other.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

i really have to stop procrastinating. :roll:
deviant

Post by deviant »

condescending khunts at my work.....

get fucked you fuckers!!!!

,,|,
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

C.I.A. wrote:
flippo wrote:who am I kidding, I'm like a year behind, what's a fucken week going to do.

lol.

Like anyone who is dealing with animals/the elements is going to have their thesis written in 3-3.5 years. That is some jedi shit right there.

just don't go over 7
Add to that plants. Bloody biological interactions you can't control!
These days the uni's do put some pressure on you to get out by 3.5 so they can collect their bucks from John Howard. Longer you stay, less bucks for them. It can depend on how much your supervisor tows the official line.

My degree took 4 years full time, then 2 years part-time (with very minimal work until I wrote the damn thing up in the last month!)
Just because I rock, doesn't mean I'm made of stone.
flippo

Post by flippo »

Polecat wrote:
C.I.A. wrote:

lol.

just don't go over 7
These days the uni's do put some pressure on you to get out by 3.5 so they can collect their bucks from John Howard. Longer you stay, less bucks for them. It can depend on how much your supervisor tows the official line.

My degree took 4 years full time, then 2 years part-time (with very minimal work until I wrote the damn thing up in the last month!)
yeah it's a joke really. They should increase the standard scholarship candidature to 4 years and raise the entry level stanard to make up the dfference in cashflow. This whole get it done in 3 years thing is a joke, causes alot of greif and alot of peeps go of the rails because it's unachaivable for the majority of projects. Everyone I know either has to beg for exentions, or work while finishing their thesis, spiral into depression and become extremly disgruntled and unproductive. I'm due in august, no fucking way it's happening. I need till the end of next summer at least. Fortunatley I've picked up enough work to be able to do some work off the clock and buy my time. Trying to save the 6 month extention untill the last minuet so I can use it purley for publishing papers.
ruby

Post by ruby »

Gripe=everything.

architects who don't know how the planning system works- its really not that difficult

people who run hot and cold

big deadline for the end of the day

have been up since 5am

brain has stopped functioning
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

mrj wrote:
Probably.

happens to me too mate. everytime i bite my lip or gum or whatever garanteed ulcer. shits me to tears. they last 10 days omst times but i tend to bite the ulcer making it worse, or another ulcer, then they join together to make one great big fuck off ulcer about the size of you fingernail and lasts for weeks.

fucked things they are, make you all depressed and shit cos you are constantly in pain.
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
nic

Post by nic »

architects who don't know how the planning system works- its really not that difficult
GOTD - Planners who cant manage to see past setback envelopes

:teef:
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

huge wrote:
mrj wrote:
Probably.

happens to me too mate. everytime i bite my lip or gum or whatever garanteed ulcer. shits me to tears. they last 10 days omst times but i tend to bite the ulcer making it worse, or another ulcer, then they join together to make one great big fuck off ulcer about the size of you fingernail and lasts for weeks.

fucked things they are, make you all depressed and shit cos you are constantly in pain.
edit: no-one wants to hear my ulcer horror story. I'm going to shut up.
Last edited by C.I.A. on Fri May 04, 2007 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

nic wrote:

lol.

Ruby... to you know Ian Potts from VCAT??
J Gal

Post by J Gal »

Gripe to being so emo this week... Anyone up for some cutting?!
Thank Fark tis friday... Gin is needed
These are the days of our lolz
ruby

Post by ruby »

nic wrote:

:lol:

setbacks are holding back high density development therefore I h8 them.
ruby

Post by ruby »

C.I.A. wrote:
nic wrote:

lol.

Know of him, I try to avoid VCAT though :P
nic

Post by nic »

u must be in the minority then!
higher tighter faster!

jgal lets cut! i only use machetes now though as razor blades just dont cut it anymore

poor cia all i read was OXYIES!!!!
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

ruby wrote:
C.I.A. wrote:
nic wrote: GOTD - Planners who cant manage to see past setback envelopes

lol.

Know of him, I try to avoid VCAT though :P

He is actually a legend. Don't blame you with the whole avoiding VCAT thing tho. They don't go out of their way to make planners lives easy :wink:
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

nic wrote:u must be in the minority then!
higher tighter faster!

jgal lets cut! i only use machetes now though as razor blades just dont cut it anymore

poor cia all i read was OXYIES!!!!
Ohhh yeah. Oxyies all da way. But I'd rather not have the pain. Sort of.
nic

Post by nic »

He is actually a legend
oh? which story is he from?
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

flippo wrote:
Polecat wrote:
C.I.A. wrote:

just don't go over 7

yeah it's a joke really. They should increase the standard scholarship candidature to 4 years and raise the entry level stanard to make up the dfference in cashflow. This whole get it done in 3 years thing is a joke, causes alot of greif and alot of peeps go of the rails because it's unachaivable for the majority of projects. Everyone I know either has to beg for exentions, or work while finishing their thesis, spiral into depression and become extremly disgruntled and unproductive. I'm due in august, no fucking way it's happening. I need till the end of next summer at least. Fortunatley I've picked up enough work to be able to do some work off the clock and buy my time. Trying to save the 6 month extention untill the last minuet so I can use it purley for publishing papers.
Are you writing the papers before the thesis or the thesis first? If you have scholarship money left it's good to write the papers on that, and then convert them into thesis chapters. Bless the Universities that now let you use put whole papers in to your thesis! I wrote all 3 of my PhD papers while I was working in my Post Doc job. Painful to do them in your own time after a full work day. Good on you Flippo for trying to avoid that!

I was lucky I had a 3.5yr Govt scholarship with stipend (which I saved heaps of for the leans time I knew would come), then some money from my CRC, then some Departmental money. I'm good at begging!
mecka

Post by mecka »

i can't seem to string together sentences today.
Stray

Post by Stray »

mecka wrote:i can't seem to string together sentences today.
That was a sentence. Seemed to be strung nicely.
mecka

Post by mecka »

mebe i have nuttin interestin to say
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

just whingeing for whingeing sake then?
flippo

Post by flippo »

Polecat wrote: Are you writing the papers before the thesis or the thesis first? If you have scholarship money left it's good to write the papers on that, and then convert them into thesis chapters. Bless the Universities that now let you use put whole papers in to your thesis! I wrote all 3 of my PhD papers while I was working in my Post Doc job. Painful to do them in your own time after a full work day. Good on you Flippo for trying to avoid that!

I was lucky I had a 3.5yr Govt scholarship with stipend (which I saved heaps of for the leans time I knew would come), then some money from my CRC, then some Departmental money. I'm good at begging!
yeh that plan is to publish before thesis. You can pretty much submit them as-is providing there is appropriate lead in and conclusion chapters tieing them all together in the traditional thesis style. Also, If you submit things that are already peer reviewed and published they can't really knock it back and fuckyou around for another 6 months can they, should just be green-lighted off the bat ;). I've seen people years after submitting in their thesis still with no publications from it, that would drive me nuts.
mecka

Post by mecka »

Lizkins wrote:just whingeing for whingeing sake then?
yes.

and now i post cat pictures.
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Cat pictures.

They all talk like 1 year olds.

Not all cats are so poorly spoken.

Good Evening Gentlemen?
Don't hate me for house
mecka

Post by mecka »

C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

flippo wrote:
Polecat wrote: Are you writing the papers before the thesis or the thesis first? If you have scholarship money left it's good to write the papers on that, and then convert them into thesis chapters. Bless the Universities that now let you use put whole papers in to your thesis! I wrote all 3 of my PhD papers while I was working in my Post Doc job. Painful to do them in your own time after a full work day. Good on you Flippo for trying to avoid that!

yeh that plan is to publish before thesis. You can pretty much submit them as-is providing there is appropriate lead in and conclusion chapters tieing them all together in the traditional thesis style. Also, If you submit things that are already peer reviewed and published they can't really knock it back and fuckyou around for another 6 months can they, should just be green-lighted off the bat ;). I've seen people years after submitting in their thesis still with no publications from it, that would drive me nuts.
8)

Best way to do it IMO.

You get picked to pieces pre-subission, then they can't touch you cos you're all like, "Yeah??, you don't like my methods??, well Nature didn't seem to mind them too much when they gave me a front-pager...... LOSER".
mecka

Post by mecka »

quick jim... set duck to stun.

C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

This one is for the science geeks out there.

Advertising for the Nature podcast. Instead of a silhouette of a sexy strumpet, they've got geek turned to 11.
mecka

Post by mecka »

she isn't wearing anything under that nerded out labcoat.
flippo

Post by flippo »

C.I.A. wrote:
flippo wrote:

8)

Best way to do it IMO.

You get picked to pieces pre-subission, then they can't touch you cos you're all like, "Yeah??, you don't like my methods??, well Nature didn't seem to mind them too much when they gave me a front-pager...... LOSER".
lol I can see some of my more glamous work being nabbed for nature front page for sure!

nature

<insert discusting picture>

Stingray Cunt Milk
dinner is served
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

C.I.A. wrote:Image

Advertising for the Nature podcast. Instead of a silhouette of a sexy strumpet, they've got geek turned to 11.
This geek goes to 11
Don't hate me for house
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

hehe! that is cool. Now if only she was holding an eppendorf tube and pipette it would be more like my average day.
flippo

Post by flippo »

jbs wrote:

This geek goes to 11
at least she is holding up a dildo
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

C.I.A. wrote:
flippo wrote:

8)

Best way to do it IMO.

oh CIA! If only re: Nature! That's a tough call! :lol: