the news thread

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
dust

Post by dust »

HOWARD MIGHT RESIGN TODAY

Apparently he's been approached by Downer and Turnbull to resign. This came from my friend at the Australian Associated Press who knew that Bracks was resigning before anyone else did. So lets all hope she's right.

I'd drink champagne to that one!
Stray

Post by Stray »

Yeah, I also heard he's being given the boot today
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

dust wrote:HOWARD MIGHT RESIGN TODAY

Apparently he's been approached by Downer and Turnbull to resign. This came from my friend at the Australian Associated Press who knew that Bracks was resigning before anyone else did. So lets all hope she's right.

I'd drink champagne to that one!
Best news I've heard all day G 8) thanks for the inside info
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
FoundationStepper

Post by FoundationStepper »

doubt it...

personally i would rather see him stay, lose to maxine and the party soundly defeated
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

he was pretty adament he'd be staying in an interview I saw last night
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

almax

Post by almax »

C.I.A. wrote:
Hardy wrote:
mixtress wrote:http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22 ... om=mostpop

What a pack of assholes. You buy a car like a Hummer and you have to expect that people will look at it.

Thugs :roll:
True, but the kind of dipshit who would buy a hummer is also the kind of moron who would punch you for looking at it. To anyone considering getting one: Don't. They're fucking stupid.

And driving a stretch hummer is the equivalent of writing "my penis is almost as big as a 5c piece/my vag doubles as a greywater storage tank" in texta on your forehead.

Could. Not.
article wrote wrote:The silver Hummer had the word "Hummer" written down the side of it in dark writing, police said.
if anyone sees that hummer, key the fuck outta it
flippo

Post by flippo »

almax wrote:
C.I.A. wrote:
Hardy wrote: True, but the kind of dipshit who would buy a hummer is also the kind of moron who would punch you for looking at it. To anyone considering getting one: Don't. They're fucking stupid.

And driving a stretch hummer is the equivalent of writing "my penis is almost as big as a 5c piece/my vag doubles as a greywater storage tank" in texta on your forehead.

Could. Not.
article wrote wrote:The silver Hummer had the word "Hummer" written down the side of it in dark writing, police said.
if anyone sees that hummer, key the fuck outta it
failing that, take a dump on the door handle.
almax

Post by almax »

lol, and smear it over the windscreen while your there
Lauer

Post by Lauer »

C.I.A. wrote:
Hardy wrote:
mixtress wrote:http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22 ... om=mostpop

What a pack of assholes. You buy a car like a Hummer and you have to expect that people will look at it.

Thugs :roll:
True, but the kind of dipshit who would buy a hummer is also the kind of moron who would punch you for looking at it. To anyone considering getting one: Don't. They're fucking stupid.

Could. Not.
LOL Hummer's rock, i would love to have one if i could afford it. Fuckin pimpin.

Kind of generalistic though don't you think, everyone that buys one is a dipshit? Kind of like saying every muslim is a terrorist.
Stray

Post by Stray »

Lauer wrote:
C.I.A. wrote:
Hardy wrote: True, but the kind of dipshit who would buy a hummer is also the kind of moron who would punch you for looking at it. To anyone considering getting one: Don't. They're fucking stupid.

Could. Not.
LOL Hummer's rock, i would love to have one if i could afford it. Fuckin pimpin.

Kind of generalistic though don't you think, everyone that buys one is a dipshit? Kind of like saying every muslim is a terrorist.
Every muslim that drives a hummer is a terrorist :teef:
Charlie73
Location: Somewhere between South @ North.... Melbourne that is

Post by Charlie73 »

Lauer wrote:
C.I.A. wrote:

Could. Not.

But what possible reason would someone have for buying one? I see two that are from North Melbourne somewhere, and i mean really, if you live in North Melbourne what the fark would you need a hummer for?

To all the hummer and 4wd mothers out there that use them to go to the supermarkets and school picks, may i thank you for your extra double effort at farking up our planet in double quick time...

cheers losers
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

bwahahahaha
Stray

Post by Stray »

doesn't arnie drive a hydrogen powered hummer?
Lauer

Post by Lauer »

Charlie73 wrote:
Lauer wrote:
C.I.A. wrote:

Could. Not.

But what possible reason would someone have for buying one? I see two that are from North Melbourne somewhere, and i mean really, if you live in North Melbourne what the fark would you need a hummer for?

To all the hummer and 4wd mothers out there that use them to go to the supermarkets and school picks, may i thank you for your extra double effort at farking up our planet in double quick time...

cheers losers
Because IMO they're pimpin...they look sick, can fit heaps of people in them and would be awesome for camping n all that kind of shit.

If i could afford to buy one and the cost of petrol i would buy one for sure. Would be more of a weekend thing though ya know, not really that logical in city living.

Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Lauer wrote:
C.I.A. wrote:

Could. Not.

I guess it is kinda like saying that... if you're a complete simpleton.
Lauer

Post by Lauer »

Hardy wrote:
Lauer wrote:
C.I.A. wrote:

Could. Not.

I guess it is kinda like saying that... if you're a complete simpleton.
I must be... I like Hummers.

How about this one Hardy

Everyone that plays computers games are nerds.

Or anyone that likes sport is a meat-head.

Or anyone that drives a hummer is a moron.

:lol:
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

You're talking gorgonzola when clearly it's brie time. Don't worry about it :wink:
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22 ... 09,00.html

Amsterdam government launching new policy for buying magic mushies. You have to register your interest, get given information about them, then 3 days later you can collect them.

Still wanna try some of those...
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

or you could just get kronz to pick them for you :teef:
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

huge wrote:or you could just get kronz to pick them for you :teef:
Hey Kronz... :smt047
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

mixtress wrote:http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22 ... 09,00.html

Amsterdam government launching new policy for buying magic mushies. You have to register your interest, get given information about them, then 3 days later you can collect them.

Still wanna try some of those...
Just go picking in mornington, no need to go to amsterdam and register your interest :P
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

kitties take on the news today

> howard needs a bullet, or at least a dunce hat. but as if anyone will be voting for costello if he leaves. no way. catch 22, labour FTW i guess.

> hummers are often bought by tossers yes, but THEY ARE COOL!
for all my save the world ideals, man im with lauer on this one > id buy a pink one, paint it in sparkles and rock it with my pooch in the front seat if i could. flame me at will, ill bust out my ak from the sunroof and take yall out.

> mushrooms are great. they hurt my mind now but ive had some fun dammit. and i love pickin them still. and sending them dried to friends in warm climates
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

ghetto kitty wrote:> mushrooms are great. they hurt my mind now but ive had some fun dammit. and i love pickin them still. and sending them dried to friends in warm climates
Take me with yooooouuu!!! I'm too scared to pic by myself cause I'm all novicey.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i love family guy
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

Richard Hammond - AKA The Hampster has been in another High Speed Crash less than a year after a crash that almost killed him.....
flippo

Post by flippo »

Lauer wrote:
C.I.A. wrote:

Could. Not.

no its a bit more like saying every man who enjoys sex with other men is a homosexual... ie true.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

mixtress wrote:
ghetto kitty wrote:> mushrooms are great. they hurt my mind now but ive had some fun dammit. and i love pickin them still. and sending them dried to friends in warm climates
Take me with yooooouuu!!! I'm too scared to pic by myself cause I'm all novicey.
no problem lady.

but we are at the wrong end of the season.

first rain of fall/winter is the go ;)
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

:cry:

I'm booking you in for next April/May :wink:
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

ghetto kitty wrote:
mixtress wrote:
no problem lady.

but we are at the wrong end of the season.

first rain of fall/winter is the go ;)
we call it autumn in australia.

naturalize or die!

:teef:
deviant

Post by deviant »

what about bi?
almax

Post by almax »

ghetto kitty wrote:, man im with lauer on this one > id buy a pink one, paint it in sparkles and rock it with my pooch in the front seat if i could. flame me at will, ill bust out my ak from the sunroof and take yall out.
lol how very tank girl of you
Stray

Post by Stray »

Charlie73 wrote:Richard Hammond - AKA The Hampster has been in another High Speed Crash less than a year after a crash that almost killed him.....
It wasn't really a crash, he was just shunted off the track by another car, rejoining the race after they fixed his car.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

http://www.theage.com.au/news/World/Art ... 65363.html

This makes my blood boil. Scientists across 3 different countries have labeled aspartame safe for public consumption. Their test? Oh no, they didn't conduct any, they just reviewed the 1981 information provided by the corrupt FDA in the US. And who funded this 'research'? A Japanese company who makes aspartame.

Fucktardiness of the highest order :evil:
deviant

Post by deviant »

lawl.... i love shit like that
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

witty > fuck that chico!
ill be aloooominun forever baby.

and almax > tank girl rocks. i even used to have her hair cut (or lack of)

:smt016
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

huge wrote:or you could just get kronz to pick them for you :teef:
I haven't gone and got any for ages in fact i haven't gone and got any for the last two seasons. Might have to remedy that next year
GO CATS! GO CATS!
nic

Post by nic »

mixtress wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/news/World/Art ... 65363.html

This makes my blood boil. Scientists across 3 different countries have labeled aspartame safe for public consumption. Their test? Oh no, they didn't conduct any, they just reviewed the 1981 information provided by the corrupt FDA in the US. And who funded this 'research'? A Japanese company who makes aspartame.

japan is way more reliable than any fucken westie nation

ummm raw fish as a dish? yum

japan win
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

nic wrote:
mixtress wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/news/World/Art ... 65363.html

japan is way more reliable than any fucken westie nation

ummm raw fish as a dish? yum

japan win
but whale = fail
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

:shock:

Firm sues FORUM to silence critics

http://www.theage.com.au/news/web/firm- ... 78252.html
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

breaksRbest wrote::shock:

Firm sues FORUM to silence critics

http://www.theage.com.au/news/web/firm- ... 78252.html
What crap :? . How about the users suing the software company for 'injurious falsehood' in their advertising of features that weren't available on the actual program.

There goes freedom of speech and expression :roll:
sneaky hands

Post by sneaky hands »

dont stress they got a snowballs chance in hell of actually winning that case.
sneaky flow like cash flow
on the first of the month
for broke cats that's thirst for the blunt
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

SNEAKY!! Working hard in your last week mate?
sneaky hands

Post by sneaky hands »

yeh mate, today is the final day of deadlines tho. from tomorrow, sweet sweet freedom.

job search going well?
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

sneaky hands wrote:dont stress they got a snowballs chance in hell of actually winning that case.

with this sort of thing (a large company taking a small community-based website to court) it doesn't even have to make it to Court for the big company to 'win'
sneaky hands

Post by sneaky hands »

It would have to prove the statements were false, that they were made in malice, that 2Clix actually suffered damage in the form of monetary loss and, critically, that Wright had intended to cause 2Clix monetary loss by allowing the material to remain on the website.
it's pretty unlikely i reckon. how will they prove that intent?
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

more over, were the statements true?
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22 ... 09,00.html

Fuck me gently with a chainsaw Heather :roll: