good excuse to call in sick for work

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
autumnleaves

Post by autumnleaves »

Yep. It's kinda pointless putting yourself in a position where you can be exposed for lying. Using something that can't be easily checked on is the best way. Migraine is a good one but you might end up in the situation witty was in.
mrj

Post by mrj »

Say you are sick and leave it at that. Employers have no right to details around your illness, only proof that you are actually sick.

I just say I'm sick and leave it at that. Usually because I am and don't know why because I haven't been to the Doctor yet.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
autumnleaves

Post by autumnleaves »

Yeah that's probably best, but I know my employer will generally ask what's wrong because they are actually concerned (they are quite nice), so on the odd occasion I take a sickie you have to be prepared.
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

At my last job calling in sick sucked. I had a chick boss who was really nosey so when I said "Hi, I'm feeling ill today so I can't make it in to work" she would say "Oh, are you ok? What's up? Tell me about it" Damn silly chick bosses. I swear, if I said that to a guy he'd be "yep, no problem, see you tomorrow." Instead of pestering me. And also the benefit with male bosses is that you can always bring it down to girl troubles. Or at least the "I don't really want to talk about it" will basically spell that.

But yeah be careful of physical things because then you have to show the wound the next day. ("errr I'm super human and heal my sprained ankle over night")

The rubber plant was surprised. If the rubber plant could have spoken, it wouldn't have said anything. That's how surprised the rubber plant was.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

dammit.

what happens when you CANT take a sick day, for the guilt associated.

nobody hardly knows what i even do in my job, so if i take a day off, everything grinds to a halt.

i dont even need excuses, can just call and say, not coming in today.

but here I am, sick as fuck, tissues etc, and at the feckin office.

:cry:
gnat

Post by gnat »

mrj wrote:Say you are sick and leave it at that. Employers have no right to details around your illness, only proof that you are actually sick.

I just say I'm sick and leave it at that. Usually because I am and don't know why because I haven't been to the Doctor yet.
:scr1pt:

they have no right to ask, it's more that people feel obligated to give a good excuse

when people have called in sick to me i couldn't care less. i just wanna know if they'll be in tomorrow so i can order staff and plan
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
deviant

Post by deviant »

I don't call in sick, mainly because of guilt :(

my mate had the best one.....

"I was on the way to work and soiled myself on the tram, it was very embarrasing and I had to go back home"

no futher questions were asked. :lol:
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

deviant wrote: my mate had the best one.....

"I was on the way to work and soiled myself on the tram, it was very embarrasing and I had to go back home"
suuuure it was 'your mate'

:wink:
mecka

Post by mecka »

trick is to use the word discharge over and over again if anybody asks questions.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

:lol: eeek
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

mecka wrote:trick is to use the word discharge over and over again if anybody asks questions.
Runny Bottom and running out of clean pants to wear.
portal

Post by portal »

"my washing machine broke and flooded my house"
drew

Post by drew »

gastro ftw :teef: