Analog filters - anyone got one?

Tips, hints, help, tech support, setups, systems and all things related to making phat beats. Post your latest production for all to hear & review. Or quiz the resident nerds about that tech problem you just can't figure out.
Motive

Analog filters - anyone got one?

Post by Motive »

I'm after an analog filter unit, maybe the Electrix Filter Factory or Akai MFC42 - anyone got one (or similar) that they are wanting to sell?
Livewire

Post by Livewire »

Yeah...analog filters are the shit

the electrix filters are discontinued unfortunately, and i know factory sound had a few of the EQ killers left a while ago, but no filters (i got the last one with no warranty or power supply)

you can still get sherman filterbanks probably i think, and they are really dirty if thats what your trying to do...and there's always the mutator. which are supposed to be clean with insane LFO control, but i think they only have lo-pass

also back when i was in uni, a couple of my mates had some other filter unit made by a guy locally...though i can't remember the details off the top of my head. I'll see if i can track em n let u know
Motive

Post by Motive »

^^ u might be meaning Frostwave?

yep, Filter Factory is discontinued but there are still some available on the web n eBay. have checked the Sherman Filterbank and I definitely want one, they are quite good value but still a little way outside my price range.
Spherix

Post by Spherix »

metasonix also making tube synths and crap and maybe filters im not sure, ask ruby
lowercase//Immerse//Tube10//BareDubs//Sub Continental Dub//On The Edge//Camino Blue
HalfRabbit

Post by HalfRabbit »

the sherman kills it

trust me
Livewire

Post by Livewire »

yeah, the frostwave...that the one. they were ok, but tended to self-occilate. to be honest, they were probably like one of those kits you can buy from jaycar...just with a fancy looking box

the sherman is probably the best piece of kit i have ever bought. i got it about six years ago when i got my first lot of gear and its the only thing that has lasted the distance. i couldn't recommend anything more...and the manuel isa classic (with a disclaimer for blowing up your moniters)
the electrix is like the opposisite spectrum....a smooth moog based filter that is really clean. but with thay analog liquid sound.

i just want a mutator now and the arsenal 'll be complete
Motive

Post by Motive »

finally got an Electrix Filter Factory. fourth time lucky. thank uuuuuu eBay
Livewire

Post by Livewire »

wicked, glad you found one!

I'm interested what the buzz-distortion sounds like on the unit

I've got the filterqueen (dodgy name, i know) which has an envelope follower instead and no midi.....it's sort of strange that both units have slightly different functions
pro tool

electrix

Post by pro tool »

Heya lads - how much was that filterfactory on ebay?

Electrix are re-launching their line in about a month - and it's all gonna cost less that $500AU is the word...
Livewire

Post by Livewire »

yeah,...mark 2 bullshitt

new name....same shit...ha
pro tool

Post by pro tool »

sure as... same old... but less than half the price. should be interesting... they're also quieter - no phono input...

i always wanted a moFX....
Motive

Post by Motive »

yeah mine just arrived - tho sound is really good. it cost about $300 delivered. The new version has midi for all the knobs and buttons, the Mk I has more limited midi features.
Shadowgames

Post by Shadowgames »

The re-launch of Electrix looks cool. MIDI automation on the Filterfactory would be sweet.

I wish a owned an analog filter, a sherman fb would be dope.

looks like these new electrix might be the go though 8)
jules

Post by jules »

that quad modular sherman looks intense. some of the audio demos just rip the sounds apart.
Livewire

Post by Livewire »

yeah the quad would be madness, i cant even imagine how sick it would be

the phono input on the filterqueen is pretty hissy, but then i only use the jack inputs which are quiet.....not sure why you would wanna plug a deck into it directly anyway so no wonder they canned it