kicks/sneakers/trainers/runners

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
lynt

Post by lynt »

It's impulsive. A friend of mine bought 9 pairs!
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

I probably woulda done the same
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
lynt

Post by lynt »

Yeah man. It's too easy. Nike resellers on every corner in Mong Kok. Direct from factory, cheaaaaaaaaap as. Didn't try anything on, just grab and pay.
nhd

Post by nhd »

i woldnt of, those 90s are lame!

courtforces ok, only cos of infared!

Lynt, did you cop FBTs / Folk ??
F.I.L store in HK is always out of stock i heard.
lynt

Post by lynt »

nhd wrote:i woldnt of, those 90s are lame!

courtforces ok, only cos of infared!

Lynt, did you cop FBTs / Folk ??
F.I.L store in HK is always out of stock i heard.

Haha you snob. Those 90's rule!!

Got FBTs. Didn't get Folk. FIL HK, funny story, will tell you some day.
andy_hoffman

Re: kicks/sneakers/trainers/runners

Post by andy_hoffman »

Marty McFly Hyper Dunks, Dub’d “McFly 2015’s” Releasing Late July

“It appears that an inspired-by version of the Official Shoes of Wired’s Gadget Lab, the Nike McFly 2015’s, will be made available by the end of July and will be renamed as the Nike Hyperdunks. I know what you’re thinking (Chicken, McFly!), but get a hold of yourself. They won’t include the awesome air-pressurized auto-lacing mechanism from Back to the Future II.

Instead, the shoes will include so-called ‘Flywire technology,’ which is really PR-speak for the latest and greatest of ultra light materials. They sport the same high-ankle boot style of the original movie, and will be available in late July.

But while it’s cool to know that a version of the shoes will become available, there’s one thing about this development that’s a bit bothersome: Kobe Bryant is the main spokesman for the sneaks.

Kobe is not only one the most hated players in basketball, but someone who has been described by various people as ’shady,’ ‘unprofessional,’ and ’selfish.’ Why would they want to weigh down the possible awesomeness of these shoes with bad karma? Bryant already wore a few pairs of the shoes in a game during the NBA Finals, and big surprise, lost the championship.

Admittedly, we’re a bit possessive of the McFly shoe and only want to see it in its ideal future form. And yes, Kobe has actually redeemed himself as a person and a player in recent years. Perhaps, having the similar design of the shoe available now might inspire a gifted DIY’er to create the self-lacing mechanism to finally create the shoes as they were meant to be”

...................................................................................................................................................
no more epilepsy raptor jesus
Direkt

Re:

Post by Direkt »

andy_hoffman wrote:Image

These are my new(ish) babies. I love them!
Nasty!!! :o
almax

Post by almax »

hey Karlos, i got those court forces too a few months back, make sure you scotch guard the fuck outta them, i did and mine are fine still, but i know someone who didnt and the mesh material in the toe is disgusting looking
lynt

Post by lynt »

Word. Already treated them, wish I did the same for my Air Lights... they're grey and ruined.
almax

Post by almax »

hmm looks like you cant type d isgust or it come up as disgust
andy_hoffman

Post by andy_hoffman »

andy_hoffman wrote:Marty McFly Hyper Dunks, Dub’d “McFly 2015’s” Releasing Late July

“It appears that an inspired-by version of the Official Shoes of Wired’s Gadget Lab, the Nike McFly 2015’s, will be made available by the end of July and will be renamed as the Nike Hyperdunks. I know what you’re thinking (Chicken, McFly!), but get a hold of yourself. They won’t include the awesome air-pressurized auto-lacing mechanism from Back to the Future II.

Instead, the shoes will include so-called ‘Flywire technology,’ which is really PR-speak for the latest and greatest of ultra light materials. They sport the same high-ankle boot style of the original movie, and will be available in late July.

But while it’s cool to know that a version of the shoes will become available, there’s one thing about this development that’s a bit bothersome: Kobe Bryant is the main spokesman for the sneaks.

Kobe is not only one the most hated players in basketball, but someone who has been described by various people as ’shady,’ ‘unprofessional,’ and ’selfish.’ Why would they want to weigh down the possible awesomeness of these shoes with bad karma? Bryant already wore a few pairs of the shoes in a game during the NBA Finals, and big surprise, lost the championship.

Admittedly, we’re a bit possessive of the McFly shoe and only want to see it in its ideal future form. And yes, Kobe has actually redeemed himself as a person and a player in recent years. Perhaps, having the similar design of the shoe available now might inspire a gifted DIY’er to create the self-lacing mechanism to finally create the shoes as they were meant to be”

Apparently there was a massive online petition with thousands of signatures that got sent to nike and that's what convinced them to remake the mcflies ;)
...................................................................................................................................................
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

^ I want them

I just watched the trilogy on the weekend

Best trilogy ever!

andy_hoffman

Post by andy_hoffman »

Feigan wrote:^ I want them

I just watched the trilogy on the weekend

Best trilogy ever!

Haha yeah i watched it a couple weeks back :)

1.21 GIGAWATTS!! lol
mrj

Post by mrj »

lol, yeh maybe getting Kobe to promote the shoes isn't the best move, but what else are they gonna do, use Michael J Fox??? He really aint up to modelling shoes these days (nor really does he have a use for them)
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
andy_hoffman

Post by andy_hoffman »

mrj wrote:lol, yeh maybe getting Kobe to promote the shoes isn't the best move, but what else are they gonna do, use Michael J Fox??? He really aint up to modelling shoes these days (nor really does he have a use for them)
You don't lose your feet when you get parkinson's do you??

:teef:
lynt

Post by lynt »

Launch!
andy_hoffman

Post by andy_hoffman »

lynt wrote:Image

Launch!
RAD!!!!
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

now going on eBay for $2000.....

http://gizmodo.com/397866/back-to-the-f ... g-for-2000

not a big fan tbh
deviant

Post by deviant »

I stood on the set of BTTF2 before the movie was released :) I WAS REALLY FUCKEN THERE!!! (got pics somewhere (or rather, my parents have pics somewhere :P) )
Stray

Post by Stray »

cammo

Post by cammo »

had to get em. so over getting trainers but i still but em. the classic trick itself state of mind
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

Where did you pick them up from Cammo?
J Gal

Post by J Gal »

BammBamm wrote:Where did you pick them up from Cammo?
looks like provider imo!

Not digging the new infra reds. original ftw
These are the days of our lolz
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

Yeah word but I need new shoes bad and can't find anything I like :( Hopefully provider has something decent otherwise I am getting these
J Gal

Post by J Gal »

BammBamm wrote:Yeah word but I need new shoes bad and can't find anything I like :( Hopefully provider has something decent otherwise I am getting these
doood ebay it up homes! heaps of sexy sexy kicks online. American dolla is sweet too
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

I thought ebay = teh bad because of to much fakes? :(
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

picked up a pair of these. Not for everyone, but love the style, suits me jeans and me shorts, and me other jeans -

love the detail around the ankle -

J Gal

Post by J Gal »

BammBamm wrote:I thought ebay = teh bad because of to much fakes? :(
um there's a few fakies out there. But if they say they're authentic 100% nikes you'll be sweet. I've been sold one pair of fakes and got my money back straight away. Can tell by the price (ie too cheap = fakes!). I bought heaps of kicks of ebay and had no major problems. Most of mine come from Japan (elite kicks that are rare)...
Hatsudai

Post by Hatsudai »

DBoy wrote:picked up a pair of these. Not for everyone, but love the style, suits me jeans and me shorts, and me other jeans -

Saw these recently and thought they looked prety fresh.

They comfy?
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

undecided about those new AM90's.

they look pretty schweet, but the mesh that wraps around the toe would probably fuck out in no time

(I'd never buy a pair of kicks from eBay, but that's just me)
J Gal

Post by J Gal »

breaksRbest wrote:undecided about those new AM90's.

they look pretty schweet, but the mesh that wraps around the toe would probably fuck out in no time

why no ebay chicken licken?
cammo

Post by cammo »

free sole make em hella comfy. toe is gonna get so dirty. not gonna bust these out till summer
photo does not do em justice. look mad as in real life
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

http://www.swissmasai.com.au/Default.aspx

these are expesy but apaprently really good for yourposture and other back ailments
J Gal

Post by J Gal »

cammo wrote:

free sole make em hella comfy. toe is gonna get so dirty. not gonna bust these out till summer
photo does not do em justice. look mad as in real life
toe is uber easy to clean.... I just use a little bit of washing powder and hot water with toothbrush... hey presto clean!!
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

J Gal wrote:why no ebay chicken licken?
Over 90% of all Nike shoes on eBay are FAKE! (source: GM of Global Distribution for Nike)

and from streetsense....

Before you buy Nike shoes online or on eBay, here are some suggestions to look out for:

Always check the seller's feedback. Surprisingly it can sometimes be 100% positive. Do not rely solely on feedback to help you decide if a product is authentic or not. However, look closely for Neutral and Negative feedback comments.

You should always read the description and shipping terms carefully. Quite often they will state them to be authentic when the reality is they have no idea. If they are being shipped from Asia....Buyer Beware! If they are not stated as authentic, ask the seller a question.

For some bizarre reason, most sellers of fakes do not stock men's USA size 9 or size 13 and above. Also women's size 9 and above are extremely hard to come by.
Sometimes fakes will not fit true to size, but run about half a size smaller than usual. Authentic Nike shoes always run true to size.

The sole should be made from real BRS 1000 rubber. It should feel like rubber! On most fakes, the sole feels quite plastic or slippery which can be dangerous if the shoes are intended for sports use.

If you see a pair of Nike shoes on eBay and they are being sent, supplied or drop-shipped from anywhere in Asia (China, Hong Kong or the Philippines) they potentially going to be fakes.

If the seller sends their shoes from Hong Kong and/or China via EMS and state that it will take from 7-14 days or longer for you to get your order. This means that you are most likely buying fakes, and are also stuck with any possible customs fees or worse.

Do the shoes come with the box? Most Fakes won't come in their original shoe box. If the seller says there is no box just to save postage costs, this is questionable. Shoe boxes really don't weigh much at all. However, they may legitimately not have the original box.
If they do come with the shoe box, the cardboard box of many fakes may be quite flimsy, crush anf tear easily, and fall apart quickly. Authentic Nike shoe boxes are actually very sturdy.

Most importantly, all authentic Nike shoes have unique SKU style numbers. The box will have an SKU number that looks like the photos below.The SKU should be exactly the same as the SKU number on the label inside the actual shoes. If they are not exactly the same numbers, the shoes will more than likely be fake.

lynt

Post by lynt »

eBay rule: If the price is too good to be true for new, it's fake!
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Hatsudai wrote:
DBoy wrote:picked up a pair of these. Not for everyone, but love the style, suits me jeans and me shorts, and me other jeans -

Saw these recently and thought they looked prety fresh.

They comfy?
beyond actually, was not sure if it was just that I had not had a pair of freshies in a while, but decided the extra padding around the ankles etc on the sb's does make them super "walking on water"
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

something like these are real though yeah?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :middle:us

how about these? http://cgi.ebay.com/Nike-Air-Max-90-Lea ... dZViewItem
They are from asia though...
Last edited by Jinx on Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

lol, but kinda cool

quick

Post by quick »

hmm... i kinda like them ones petey
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
J Gal

Post by J Gal »

i'm totally feeling those monopoly! i want!!
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

mrj

Post by mrj »

lol those monopoly are actually pretty cool.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

i bought some nikes > i know ive been anti in the past but these were lavender and i could not resist.

they is hi tops, from the shop on bwick st next to vasette, not sure what its called, street wear, skate wear..

they are really stiff, and hurty my feety on the first day of wearing. they are possible fakes, had a small defect so got for $120.

any tips on softening em up sneaker freakers?
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

I kinda got a bit carried away last night after J-Gal recommended buying from the states due to the dollar being so good atm and bought 5 pairs of kicks :shock:
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Over 90% of all Nike shoes on eBay are FAKE! (source: GM of Global Distribution for Nike)
SHOCKING DEVELOPMENT

GM OF NIKE SAYS DON'T BUY FROM EBAY!
Don't hate me for house
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

deviant wrote:you have ten feet?
+ the few pair i already own, now i have a pair for everyday
J Gal

Post by J Gal »

BammBamm wrote:I kinda got a bit carried away last night after J-Gal recommended buying from the states due to the dollar being so good atm and bought 5 pairs of kicks :shock:
hahahha
so proud of ya!!!
aroes

Post by aroes »

Ya i'm guilty too
Been wearing 90's for years, got online the other night and went stupid on DUNKS
i got these http://www.pickyourshoes.com/new3/nike_ ... ht_gum.htm

these http://www.pickyourshoes.com/new3/nike_ ... t_vars.htm

and these http://www.pickyourshoes.com/new3/nike_ ... ut_ant.htm

broketown