HOT BBQ 2009

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
sPeCtRuM

Re: HOT BBQ 2009

Post by sPeCtRuM »

Is FlyLo doing a seperate sideshow? unfortunately won't be in town for this and really wanna catch FlyLo after missing out this year as well.
RGLZ

Post by RGLZ »

New stage added as The Hot BBQ moves to Summadayze!

Future Entertainment has today announced that New Years Day event, The Hot Barbeque, will move to neighboring event, Summadayze, hosted at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl.

A scaled down Hot Barbeque will utilize a large fence line extension area at the venue – offering 2 new stages.

Future Entertainment has said that the current economic climate has hit people hard – and rather than push two events this year, it’s in everyone’s best interests to consolidate.

The addition of this area is great news for Summadayze ticket holders who will get access to additional stages and another 8 international DJ’s for no extra cost. Hot Barbeque ticket holders will also benefit by getting access to a previously sold out event with an amazing talent line up and extended hours of operation.

The multi award winning Summadayze is Future Entertainment’s most successful event and is Melbourne’s favourite electronic music festival. Despite this event selling out months ago, there is additional space and reserved tickets that will now be utilised for the Hot Barbeque amalgamation.

Future Entertainment will be freeing up Summadayze tickets originally put aside for an anti ticket scalping campaign, so that Hot Barbeque ticket holders can be looked after.

Hot Barbeque ticket holders will have the option of a full refund (including the booking fee if purchased through Ticketmaster), or an upgraded ticket to Summadayze. This ticket upgrade also includes a VIP pass.

Parton comfort will not be compromised with the event merge.

The Hot Barbeque stages at Summadayze will feature the cream of The Hot Barbeque line up, including:

Boys Noize
Busy P
Carl Craig
DJ Mehdi
Radioslave
Oliver Huntemann
Steve Aoki and more…

Stay tuned to www.futureentertainment.com.au for further line up announcements.

Tickets:

Hot Barbeque ticket purchasers will have the option to get a full refund through their place of purchase (this includes the booking fee if purchased through Ticketmaster), or upgrade their ticket to a Summadayze ticket, costing an additional $50 + BF and service charges. This includes a VIP pass with access to both Hot Barbeque stages.

Please note that the Summadayze ticket upgrade offer is limited and expires at 6pm next Wednesday December 17.

If you are a ticket holder please email [email protected] and we can advise you of the next step.

www.ticketmaster.com.au
Ph 136 100

Venue:
Sidney Myer Music Bowl, Melbourne

Time:
9am until 11pm

www.futureentertainment.com.au

FUCKING BULLSHIT
J0rdz

Post by J0rdz »

WTF?!!!?!?!?!?!!?
Biggest piece of bullshit!! Fuck future are khunts.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

oh fuking :lol: And no Gilles Petterson any more? Glad I had not bought a ticket.

oh just read the last bit, you have to UPGRADE your ticket as well for $50. Insane. It said UPGRADE.
jellybean

Post by jellybean »

what a cock up - could future be any more hopeless, perhaps the fact that they could not secure all the headline acts they were after.. sure there are some great names on the line up - but who is going to pay more to see them amongst all the tossers (imho) at muzzadayze.....

I am so so so glad I have saved my pennies for espy, and then off to sydney for Days Like These - at least I will see Giles there ( I think.. better check line up.)

aussie dollar will not have helped, but truly Future are proving themselves to be pretty incompetent at straight talking to the punters, makes them look like fools really
Stray

Post by Stray »

Not ideal, but better than cancelling Hot BBQ entirely.

And you can blame people like yourself who hadn't already bought tickets.
J0rdz

Post by J0rdz »

Im sure the mess up that was global gathering would have contributed to this in part...
jellybean

Post by jellybean »

Stray wrote:Not ideal, but better than cancelling Hot BBQ entirely.

You make a good point - but I am not quite prepared to take all the blame on my skinny shoulders. Wwhen the line up is shifting - you wonder what you are paying for - and I want to make a decision to spend the coin to hear the advertised show.
I went in the rain to GG - still hurts...:(
manofunreal

Post by manofunreal »

Yep it's ridiculous to expect people to buy tickets before many of the acts are even secured anyway (imho), purely based on the fact that they might sell out and their might be some really great acts in the second announcement or whatever (I'm not saying there weren't any good acts in the first announcement but the way they kept changing, how was anyone supposed to know that any of the acts they like would still be there on the day).

You would also hope that future would have been well aware that there would be quite a large group of people who were going to Hot BBQ as an ALTERNATIVE to Summer Days. Poor form...
razyier

Post by razyier »

errr.. WHAT THE FUCK? ... this is really fucking shit - me and my gf were so psyched for this as we could finally both agree to both head to something big, no way i'm going to be stuck with a bunch of useless bronzed muzza dickheads +_+ argh!
sPeCtRuM

Post by sPeCtRuM »

So what does that mean for FlyLo gig?

And those wanting to check out Chase & Status they seem to be doing an after party gig at Roxanne's on NYD
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

:|
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

What a load of wank.
bassfreak

Post by bassfreak »

Glad I'm not going!
Best option for new years was always gonna be: Go bush! :smt003 :smt003
David Bass

Post by David Bass »

1. this is fuct

2. i wouldnt mind seeing 'switch' (if he shows up)

3. i still wanna see Busy P & Oliver Huntemann

4. but who else is playing on these two hot bbq stages?.......Flying Lotus, Subfocus?

5. extra $50?

6. not happy jan
J0rdz

Post by J0rdz »

I think the $50 extra is to upgrade your ticket so that you can gain access to the rest of summerdayze....
manofunreal

Post by manofunreal »

Yeah so you can get fucked if you dont want to... Thanks Future
David Bass

Post by David Bass »

summa bbq?
FliP

Post by FliP »

i didnt buy a hot bbq ticket cause i'm goin to pyramid..
i was thinkin of getting one, but hadn't yet cause i wasnt sure if i could run the distance, or get out of the festival in time.

imho its all a shit deal.. but.. im kinda enticed by the extra acts you'd see from joining to summadayze - Adam Freeland & Switch..
having a ticket or not its hard to make my mind up if its bad or not, despite having to share a festival with the summadayze crowd, and listenin to aaaalllll my friends telling me how shit a deal it is..

:?
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

do not want to go to summergayze. No no no no no! Do not want fake tan and to year fluro and deal with the vanity. Back on future boycott! God damn farkin!
dizi

Post by dizi »

David Bass wrote:1. this is fuct

2. i wouldnt mind seeing 'switch' (if he shows up)

3. i still wanna see Busy P & Oliver Huntemann

4. but who else is playing on these two hot bbq stages?.......Flying Lotus, Subfocus?

5. extra $50?

6. not happy jan
couldn't have said it better myself...
but there is NO WAY i am going!!! if scummydayze is already sold out, imagine how feral it is gona be with hot bbq ppl as well.... YUK!!!
Kaiproject

Post by Kaiproject »

FliP wrote:i didnt buy a hot bbq ticket cause i'm goin to pyramid..
i was thinkin of getting one, but hadn't yet cause i wasnt sure if i could run the distance, or get out of the festival in time.

imho its all a shit deal.. but.. im kinda enticed by the extra acts you'd see from joining to summadayze - Adam Freeland & Switch..
having a ticket or not its hard to make my mind up if its bad or not, despite having to share a festival with the summadayze crowd, and listenin to aaaalllll my friends telling me how shit a deal it is..

:?
absolutely same situation with the first part, and yeah its a shit deal and no way am i goin to stages that summadayze crowd also has access to

ah well kinda good, save a bit more money and no need to rush back from the island (although leaving early is probably still a good option as i can imagine the traffic bullshit when everyone leaves at the same time...)

all i hope is that aquasky do a melbourne club gig cos i wanna see them smash it again
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

if anyone needs a hotel in da city for nye and nyd night, we has one booked that we dont want. 360 for both nights. 1br, i thinks, although i dont have details but can link you to the booker.
Damn it.
Mr. Moonshine

Post by Mr. Moonshine »

only the best day of the year!
a1studmuffin

Post by a1studmuffin »

Hot Barbeque ticket holders will have the option of a full refund (including the booking fee if purchased through Ticketmaster), or an upgraded ticket to Summadayze. This ticket upgrade also includes a VIP pass.
... which means everyone who was going to Hot BBQ will now have a VIP pass... kind of ruins the point of them, wouldn't you say?

This whole thing is balls. I can understand trying to consolidate to save money, but geez, trying to mix Hot BBQ + Summadayze together is like trying to mix oil + water...
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

OMFG what a farken shambles

$50 EXTRA to 'upgrade' to a Summadayze ticket?!?1 :lol: They should be paying YOU

and no Gilles Peterson??? Pfffft
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
Fents

Post by Fents »

Stray wrote:
yea and if every promoter took this view there would be no gigs anywhere.
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

Stupid. :shock: And I didnt buy a either ticket Stray, so Im partially to blame for this too? Yeah right. :roll:

Totally and utterly stupid.

I thought the idea of Hot BBQ was an alternative to summadayze, especially with no beats new years day gig. Now its another fluro mess, another example of promoting a party for an act and then them not playing.

Mos Def now Giles Peterson. The two reasons i was going to spend money I dont have on a ticket to this.

If I was going, id rather not go to anything then be at Summadayze. Not everyone likes to feel like a fucking cheap slutty sardine surrounded by a box of highlighters.

FAIL. Again.
yenks

Post by yenks »

oh dang. :shock:

The idea of having to upgrade a ticket for $50 to be able to go to the other areas. what a joke.

lucky i didnt buy my ticket yet, i imagine it could be annoying for ppl who bought industry tickets to get their money back etc.
Stray

Post by Stray »

Tickets sales were so low they had no choice. It was either cancel or merge.
It seems like everyone who is pissed off in this thread hadn't even bought a ticket yet!

Yes you are to blame.
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

Righto then. :?
Fents

Post by Fents »

Stray wrote:Tickets sales were so low they had no choice. It was either cancel or merge.
It seems like everyone who is pissed off in this thread hadn't even bought a ticket yet!

Yes you are to blame.
so all other promoters should cancel/merge any gigs that they dont sell enough pre sales to? some people do it for the music and loose money and not do it for the business to make money, seasoned veteran like you i would of thought you know this.

Tell that to the boys like BBA who have lost heaps over the years because people sometimes dont go to gigs, shows still go on regardless.
Stray

Post by Stray »

Fents wrote:
Stray wrote:Tickets sales were so low they had no choice. It was either cancel or merge.

Yes you are to blame.
so all other promoters should cancel/merge any gigs that they dont sell enough pre sales to? some people do it for the music and loose money and not do it for the business to make money, seasoned veteran like you i would of thought you know this.

Tell that to the boys like BBA who have lost heaps over the years because people sometimes dont go to gigs, shows still go on regardless.
Future are a business.. they do it for money. If you think otherwise you are very naive.
This is a million dollar event.. not a few thousand, there is a bit more at risk here.
This wouldn't have happened last year, but then the economy is in a different place.

I should have said "partly" to blame above tbh.

All I'm saying is that it's likely this wouldn't have happened if people who were planning on going had already purchased tickets.
timmah

Post by timmah »

future suck dick.

anyone got any decent alternatives?

summadayze looks awful.

I actually bought tickets.
Fents

Post by Fents »

Stray wrote:
Fents wrote:

Yes you are to blame.

Future are a business.. they do it for money. If you think otherwise you are very naive.
This is a million dollar event.. not a few thousand, there is a bit more at risk here.
This wouldn't have happened last year, but then the economy is in a different place.

I should have said "partly" to blame above tbh.

All I'm saying is that it's likely this wouldn't have happened if people who were planning on going had already purchased tickets.
still disagree but hey i was never going so i dont even know why im debating it. biggups.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

:lol: @ stray. sheesh. like ALL the gigs you post here but dont buy tickets for too?
and thats all ill say about THAT.

but cereal, what a JOKE!
this is another sign that perhaps the big guns have got too big for their boots...i wrote this after spending the day in the rain at GG >
efinately a sign that the bubble may have burst with these big city outdoor gigs. I almost think its like the housing bubble, two or three years is long enough when there is rapid growth for things to get out of control, then add to that the impending recession and that filters down into every industry, including big parties.
hot BBq was Ok last year, just ok.
when mos def was pulled off the lineup i was like 'seeya!"
but this is hilarious.
an upgrade indeed!
mrj

Post by mrj »

hard times. pffffffffffffft

i might point out that the guys from future made the BRW young rich 100 this year.

trying to spin this as "scaling down to benefit punter in economic hard times" is pure and utter bullshit, and I'm not buying it.

if you want my opinion (I know you don't but you are gonna get it anyway) this was a deliberate ploy by Future from word go.

schedule 2 events that will be popular, say acts are scheduled even if they are not confirmed. This reduces the liklihood of competitor gigs being announced on the basis that they can't compete with size or lineup. Then at last minute pull 1 event - its too late for competitor events to get organised as all venues and acts are already booked. No other partys are running so this ensures attendance maximisation at the left of over event for minimum of spend = profit maximisation.

very very clever and absoloutley abhorrent behaviour - goes into the same bin as spiro imo.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
TheOperatives

Post by TheOperatives »

Ok People, this might not have been such a bad thing afterall:

Niche Productions and The Operatives are working to bring you Gilles Peterson, FLying Lotus, Platinum Pied Pipers and more....

NYD

Watch this space :)
ImageImage
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

NICE!!!

dboy, why delete?
Stray

Post by Stray »

Looks like Numark may be going to the Espy gig
gnat

Post by gnat »

lolololol can of worms

i think it was the name -'hot bbq' gheyest name ever for a gig

last year's was a tonne of fun. nfw would pay money to share space with SD clientele. needs more napalm
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
Antron 3030

Post by Antron 3030 »

TheOperatives wrote:Ok People, this might not have been such a bad thing afterall:

Niche Productions and The Operatives are working to bring you Gilles Peterson, FLying Lotus, Platinum Pied Pipers and more....

NYD

Watch this space :)
:boom:

I would just like to say a massive pre-emptive THANK YOU!!

May Ala reward you with plentiful ticket-sales. ;)
timmah

Post by timmah »

thank you jebus and niche/operatives.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

antron, cool picture in your sig!
almax

Post by almax »

gnat wrote: needs more napalm
Antron 3030 wrote: :boom:
May Ala reward you with plentiful ticket-sales. ;)
:smt115
Brain

Post by Brain »

Lil MiSbreaks wrote:Stupid. :shock: And I didnt buy a either ticket Stray, so Im partially to blame for this too? Yeah right. :roll:
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

i don't get what is hilarious about an event not selling enough tickets and having to cancel. it'll be a laugh riot if people stop bringing all the acts some of you dickride to town for the very same reason - ie, it's not viable.

mrj - mark and jason didn't make the young rich. that is for ppl under 40, which they aren't. It was the entertainers rich list and thats based on estimates, not actuals.

"schedule 2 events that will be popular, say acts are scheduled even if they are not confirmed. This reduces the liklihood of competitor gigs being announced on the basis that they can't compete with size or lineup. Then at last minute pull 1 event - its too late for competitor events to get organised as all venues and acts are already booked. No other partys are running so this ensures attendance maximisation at the left of over event for minimum of spend = profit maximisation.

very very clever and absoloutley abhorrent behaviour - goes into the same bin as spiro imo."

Cmon dude ... seriously. Why would they do this? The commercials behind this make no sense. The thing about conspiracy theories is they have to be at least be a tiny bit feasible ...
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

i'll give you a dickride! :teef:
mrj

Post by mrj »

yeh fair nuff - and i stand on corrected on the rich list thingy, but ya get my drift, they aint scraping together coins for a packet of winny blues.

but tbh i wouldn't put shit past future anymore. shit like was pulled at "we love crowds" last year has me permanetly turned off and angry.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
a1studmuffin

Post by a1studmuffin »

efinately a sign that the bubble may have burst with these big city outdoor gigs. I almost think its like the housing bubble, two or three years is long enough when there is rapid growth for things to get out of control, then add to that the impending recession and that filters down into every industry, including big parties.
You were spot on with this ghetto kitty! :D