Aus Day Eve - CLAUDE VONSTROKE (Dirtybird / SF) - Revolver

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.

Aus Day Eve - CLAUDE VONSTROKE (Dirtybird / SF) - Revolver

Post by 10.15 »

Sunday 25th January (Australia Day Eve)
HearNow, Stable & Revolver Sundays present:
CLAUDE VONSTROKE (Dirtybird / San Francisco)

What started as a fake name and small booking at a friends birthday party has spiraled into an international DJ career for Claude VonStroke. Hailing from Detroit but based in San Francisco, Claude VonStroke's very first record 'Deep Throat' was a major hit in 2005. The success of the single was followed up by 'Whos Afraid of Detroit?', another international hit championed by Richie Hawtin who called it the best track of 2006 in DJ magazine. Claudes full-length debut album, 'Beware of the Bird' received outstanding reviews, establishing him as an original talent in the underground. He has recorded over 25 remixes from Indy rock group The Rapture to Detroit techno legend Kevin Saunderson. Claude has headlined almost every major club, festival and basement after-party in the world from Fabric to Panorama Bar to DEdge. A VonStroke DJ set is based on meticulous track selection and outrageous risk taking. He always takes time to find the special ass-wiggling cuts that keep the dance-floor percolating. In 2009, Claude is very excited to be mixing Fabric 46 as well as returning to the studio and release his 2nd artist album.

This Australia Day Eve Claude is set to light up Revolver with 3 hours of his masterful mixing, supported by a mind bending collection of Stable and Revolver Sundays finest DJs over two rooms including Boogs, Spacey Space, T-Rek, Radiator, Damon Walsh, Mike Hunt, Not Happy Jan, Nugget, Aram Champers, Otologic, Ross Hawkins, Dean Benson and Nick Coleman. Open until midday Monday.

A limited number of presales are available for $25+bf through moshtix.com.au and inthemix.com.au, more on the door.

Moshtix presales HERE
Inthemix presales HERE

Revolver Upstairs
229 Chapel Street
Prahran 3181
Sat 1st May: TREVOR LOVEYS (UK)
Sun 30th May: OXIA (8BIT RECS - FRANCE)
http://the-late-show.blogspot.com/
Ides-GotFunk?

Re: Aus Day Eve - CLAUDE VONSTROKE (Dirtybird / SF) - Revolver

Post by Ides-GotFunk? »

Can you hint how much more on the door for tix??
You think it'll be a nitemare to get in without them 10.15??

:binky:
http://www.myspace.com/got_funk

Feb 15 (07)::FK5 vs THUNDERBALL
Nov 24 (07)::REPHRASE

27 DEC :: MBBB returns!!!
MAR 2010 :: WMC USA :D

ides :smt055 parov stelar

Post by 10.15 »

30 on the door I think. Should be fine if you don't buy presales. But its 100% fine if ya do :wink:
mrj

Post by mrj »

10 bucks to anybody who gets Dean Millson and Claude Von Stroke to stand side by side and takes a photo.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
Ides-GotFunk?

Post by Ides-GotFunk? »

Thank you for the info sir :)
I usually fail without presales for trips South... i may have to lock myself in with a ticket!

awesome, somewhere to use the new camera AND 10 bucks... easy done mrj, give us a better artist/millson dare than that!! pfffff :P

;) you goin mrj?

Post by 10.15 »

ITM leads me to believe Millson will be out of the country on this date :?

Suspect.
mrj

Post by mrj »

Ides-GotFunk? wrote:Thank you for the info sir :)
I usually fail without presales for trips South... i may have to lock myself in with a ticket!

awesome, somewhere to use the new camera AND 10 bucks... easy done mrj, give us a better artist/millson dare than that!! pfffff :P

;) you goin mrj?
nah, j spaz being quiet this weekend, go on holidays following weekend and preserving brain cells to kill at that later date. more fun when you do them all at once, that way you can lose entire sections of memory/knowledge/motor function. after last session i forgot how to sit down. broke 3 chairs re-learning.

seriously tho the Millson/Claude Von Stroke double is a neccesity, they look like long lost twin techno brothers. otherwise you could hold up a mirror on one side of either and dupe me outta ten bucks.
mrj

Post by mrj »

10.15 wrote:ITM leads me to believe Millson will be out of the country on this date :?

Suspect.
Definitley seems too convenient. Conspiracy theories primed!
Ides-GotFunk?

Post by Ides-GotFunk? »

do you think they feel like long-lost brothers when they see each other?

meh @you for staying home...those are CHEAP excuses (altho you got something there, the sustained long-term brain damaging is SOoooOOOOoooooO boring, just easier to maintain :angel12: )

ho hum :| I may be too cheap for this event :cry:

The Antichrist

Post by The Antichrist »

When I was superintendent of schools in Palo Alto, California, Polly Tyner, the president of our board of trustees, wrote a letter that was printed in the Palo Alto Times.

Polly's son, Jim, had great difficulty in school. He was classified as educationally handicapped and required a great deal of patience on the part of his parents and teachers. But Jim was a happy kid with a great smile that lit up the room.

His parents acknowledged his academic difficulties, but always tried to help him see his strengths so that he could walk with pride. Shortly after Jim finished high school, If you need sell cheap wow gold,you can buy wow power leveling on the website: buy wow gold, cheap WoW Power Leveling, sale wow Gold, 1-80 lvl wow power leveling, wotlk gold. he was killed in a motorcycle accident. After his death, his mother submitted this letter to the newspaper.

Today we buried our 20-year-old son. He was killed instantly in a motorcycle accident on Friday night. How I wish I had known when I talked to him last that it would be the last time. If I had only known I would have said, "Jim, I love you and I'm so very proud of you."

I would have taken the time to count the many blessings he brought to the lives of the many who loved him. I would have taken time to appreciate his beautiful smile, the sound of his laughter, his genuine love of people.

When you put all the good attributes on the scale and you try to balance all the irritating traits such as the radio which was always too loud, the haircut that wasn't to our liking, the dirty socks under the bed, etc., the irritations don't amount to much.

I won't get another chance to tell my son all I would have wanted him to hear, but, other parents, you do have a chance. Tell your young people what you would want them to hear if you knew it would be your last conversation. The last time I talked to Jim was the day he died. He called me to say, "Hi, Mom! I just called to say I love you. Got to go to work. Bye." He gave me something to treasure forever.

If there is any purpose at all to Jim's death, maybe it is to make others appreciate more of life and to have people, especially families, take the time to let each other know just how much we care.

You may never have another chance. Do it today!

ROFL!!1!

:smt006 10.15
The Antichrist

Post by The Antichrist »

:)

Massive ups to 10.15 for putting on such a mad night. Who's afraid of Detroit? No-one who was at this bash seemed to be. Also, thumbs up to sevenmilligram for being a mad khunt and making the trip home one of the funniest parts of the evening (morning?), A1 Studmuffin and N for hospitality, Hardy, Liz and Mecka for birthday beers (I know you would have rather been in bed, Ol!) and the best friends a girl could ask for... Stray, Zerotonine and Jodi :smt007

The Jawa and C3PO salute you all.

xxx