DJ HYPE & MC DADDY EARL//STATE OF MIND//SIGMA//CUP EVE

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
Broken Beat Assault

DJ HYPE & MC DADDY EARL//STATE OF MIND//SIGMA//CUP EVE

Post by Broken Beat Assault »

DJ Hype & MC Daddy Earl (UK)
State Of Mind (NZ)
Sigma(UK)
Monday Nov 5th
@ The Heist
Doors Open 10pm

Expect this one to roll out till the early hours BBA style....

Tickets $38 + b/fee available from - DMC, Alley Tunes, Ministry Of Style, Central Station, Collectors Corner. Online tix avail from - www.inthemix.com.au
Limited Capacity at The Heist so get in early for this one!

2 Rooms OF DnB, Hip Hop, Dubstep + more Broken Beatz
Support - Trooper, Finna, Tobias B2B Teilhard, Spherix, Dabeata, Beatski, AC23 B2B Same'O

HYPE
DJ Hype is rated no. 1 for the globally renowned 1 extra radio show on BBC Radio. Essentially, Hype is to drum and bass as Afrika Bambaata was to the development of hip-hop. Hype's early love for hip hop and reggae was just the start of a long and prosperous musical journey, his early deckwork wizardry dazzled audiences and culmulated in him winning the UK DMC Championships in 1989!
In years to come, DJ Hype and like-minded cohorts DJ Zinc and Pascal ushered in a new label to the jungle world from the ashes of the now- defunct Ganja imprint. The now-infamous True Playaz crew/label began its life with Hype's dancefloor 12-inch smasher "Peace, Love and Unity", which went on to sell in excess of 15,000 copies. After his last trip down under with MC Rage 5 years ago, this year he's spreading his wings to further preach the word of Drum N Bas to the masses....Do believe the Hype

http://www.myspace.com/hypehypehype

MC DADDY EARL
MC Daddy earl started out over twenty years ago as part of the heatwave
soundsystem along side dance music legends shut up and dance and dj hype. from shut up and dances early nineties classic "ten pounds to get in" to last years huge" dubplate killaz trk" on hypes ganja label , mc daddy earl has been involved in the dancemusic scene.....from building soundsystems in the eighties to putting the "hype hype hype "into dj hype ,daddy earl has been a driving force behind the careers of dj hype and shut up and dance.
Watch out for Daddy Earl alongside the DJ Hype this November!

http://myspace.com/mcdaddyearl

STATE OF MIND
State Of Mind, a duo consisting of Patrick Hawkins and Stu Maxwell formed in 2002. In late 2004, Q Project and Spinback, better known as Total Science, were introduced to the State Of Mind sound. Blown away by the strength of the music they heard, the Oxford legends instantly sought to work with the talented duo, signing them for a series of 12’s.

Notoriously prolific producers, the State of Mind lads have gone on to release through a broad spectrum of labels since that chance encounter in 2004. Material can be found on the shelves via Total Science's CIA Recordings, Teebee's Subtitles Records, Friction's Shogun Audio, Futurebound’s Viper label, Doc Scott’s 31 Records, Concord Dawn’s Uprising imprint, Bad Company, Obsessions, and more. Yet even this impressive list has not satisfied State of Mind’s creative appetite. Their own label SOM Music is soon to be launched, featuring the talents of Chris Su, Black Sun Empire, Switzerland’s Axiom and others.
Moreover the debut full length album Take Control is now available with in NZ and Australia through Uprising Records.
Their success both abroad and in NZ has been recognized recently, where the State of Mind lads were awarded the title of B-Net Breakthrough Artists 2006. After the 2 massive shows earlier this year SOM lads are back for some cup eve rinseout!

http://www.myspace.com/stateofmindnz

SIGMA
Sigma are a DnB collective based in the UK and are rapidly gaining a reputation for their eclectic style of dance floor fuelled beats.
With forthcoming releases on Charge, Renegade Hardware, Bingo and metalheadz, the Sigma buzz is only going to get bigger and bigger!
Receiving support from the likes of DJ Marky, Friction and Andy C, they have been tearing down dancefloors allover the UK and are ready to bring it to Melbourne Town! "Welcome to the Sigma Show!"

http://www.myspace.com/sigmauk
Last edited by Broken Beat Assault on Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

safire

Post by safire »

yeaaaahaa boyzzzz

saintberry

Post by saintberry »

Hype Hype Hype Hype Hype Hype Hype Hype.... Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Hype

Hope he plays old skool. Would be good to see him cut live again too.

Rad.
First you get her name. Then you get her number. Then you get some get some in the back seat of a hummer!
renda

Post by renda »

ticket booked!
this should be massive ho yepps!!
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

oh mi gosh. biggups bba.

(r-r-r-roll the beats.)
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
David Bass

Post by David Bass »

this will be wicked....
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Why do I get the feeling this will event plunge into debauchery of biblical proportions? At any rate, i'll be there wearing brown underpants!
mecka

Post by mecka »

holy fuck.

BELLS ON
mecka

Post by mecka »

hang on.. heist as in the old new scu?
@MILCO@

Post by @MILCO@ »

OH GOD.............................................................................. :twisted:
-------
The answer is more Horsepower......Doesnt matter what the question is...
my cars 1972 LJ GTR torana, 1974 HQ V8 Monaro, 1976 tagged V8 LX torana, 1973 HQ V8 one tonner
TheOperatives

Post by TheOperatives »

nice same night as patife and watkiss....
ImageImage
Broken Beat Assault

mecka wrote:hang on.. heist as in the old new scu?
yep thats the one, lookin very nice in there too 8)

RGLZ

Post by RGLZ »

holyyyy
universal sea

Post by universal sea »

TheOperatives wrote:nice same night as patife and watkiss....
shit...
shabana

Post by shabana »

universal sea wrote:
TheOperatives wrote:nice same night as patife and watkiss....
shit...
yes it is shit

especially from the point of view of the average punter like me

why should i be put in a position where have to choose which camp to show my allegiance to or have to go to 2 parties on the same night?

if this was on a different night i would be going to both

that's right my dollar spent TWICE on TWO parties

and that's because i love dnb and its myriad subgenres
and i want to support the music and the people putting it out
and because for me it's about the music
and not ridiculous clique-y socio political considerations like "i'll have to go to this party and not that party because blah blah my friends blah blah not my friends blah blah blah"

Does everybody WANT the drum and bass scene to die?

because its going to (in Melbourne at least) if it keeps getting more and more socially fractured like this
Peace and Fucking - Believe
scotty woo hoo

Post by scotty woo hoo »

shabana wrote:blah blah blah blah blah"

last time i was at that venue for matrix i lost my brain and someone lost their car keys i think?

this will be a great night
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

saintberry wrote:Hope he plays old skool. Would be good to see him cut live again too.
Most annoying, over-used scratch samples EVER. Cannot stand his 'scratching'. Please leave your itchy-trigger-fingers at home el Hypo.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Hardy wrote:At any rate, i'll be there wearing brown underpants!
:lol: GOLD.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

dont let hype on the booze lol
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
Fents

Post by Fents »

huge wrote:dont let hype on the booze lol
trying to get rage n hype back to their hotel was one of the most worst nightmare missions i've ever had to do.
Fents

Post by Fents »

oh and dont let hype throw glass's eh georgia?
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Fents wrote:
huge wrote:dont let hype on the booze lol
trying to get rage n hype back to their hotel was one of the most worst nightmare missions i've ever had to do.
Please, do go on...
Fents

Post by Fents »

not for the forum massive. over a beer crew fo sure.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Interestment.
dust

Post by dust »

Fents wrote:oh and dont let hype throw glass's eh georgia?
Yeah, what a little fucker he was being. Taimi nearly made a woman out of him! :lol:
saintberry

Post by saintberry »

Direktor wrote:
saintberry wrote:Hope he plays old skool. Would be good to see him cut live again too.
Most annoying, over-used scratch samples EVER. Cannot stand his 'scratching'. Please leave your itchy-trigger-fingers at home el Hypo.
Haha. Hes been a bit off from sets I've heard since last time I saw him live. But the boy can cut. Esp over old skool/jungle. Mind you, he can be utter tripe on some occasions too.

He transforms WAY too much.

I always like to see how these peeps evolve their styles. Craze was fucking shit last year. But still worth seeing.
First you get her name. Then you get her number. Then you get some get some in the back seat of a hummer!
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

I had a mini stroke reading this.... I think I am ok now :x
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

saintberry wrote:
Direktor wrote:
Haha. Hes been a bit off from sets I've heard since last time I saw him live. But the boy can cut. Esp over old skool/jungle. Mind you, he can be utter tripe on some occasions too.

I always like to see how these peeps evolve their styles. Craze was fucking shit last year. But still worth seeing.
The FabricLive CD of Andy C and Hype was completely ruined by Hype's scratching... and talk about ego! "Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype... Hype in the mix, Hype in the mix!"... goodness me!
David Bass

Post by David Bass »

Direktor wrote:The FabricLive CD of Andy C and Hype was completely ruined by Hype's scratching... and talk about ego! "Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype... Hype in the mix, Hype in the mix!"... goodness me!
That is very true, but id still like to see him...at least once.

edit: lost a "
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Dave & Bass wrote:
Direktor wrote:The FabricLive CD of Andy C and Hype was completely ruined by Hype's scratching... and talk about ego! "Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype... Hype in the mix, Hype in the mix!"... goodness me!
That is very true, but id still like to see him...at least once.
:scr1pt:
Broken Beat Assault

this line up just got bigger
lots of music, lots of styles 8)
full info next week

ctoafn_DMZ

Post by ctoafn_DMZ »

Direktor wrote:
saintberry wrote:
Direktor wrote: Most annoying, over-used scratch samples EVER. Cannot stand his 'scratching'. Please leave your itchy-trigger-fingers at home el Hypo.

The FabricLive CD of Andy C and Hype was completely ruined by Hype's scratching... and talk about ego! "Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype... Hype in the mix, Hype in the mix!"... goodness me!
Yeah man, that was bull$hit - That CD pretty much got thrown in the bin after two plays cause of that "gimme the funk, dj hype" - does he think we woudl forget who was mixing cause it was on a cd........SOM are rad though ;-)
Broken Beat Assault

full line up announced, tickets in shops from monday
BBA

David Bass

Post by David Bass »

awesome....
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

jeez what a big weekend pinch then hype boh selektor
Cubist

Post by Cubist »

Yeah man. Hype and SOM. Sick combination. Hype's gunna be runnin' the jump up. New Hazard tunes are funky. 0121 - Yeah baby!
nic

Post by nic »

ctoafn_DMZ wrote:
Direktor wrote:
saintberry wrote:Haha. Hes been a bit off from sets I've heard since last time I saw him live. But the boy can cut. Esp over old skool/jungle. Mind you, he can be utter tripe on some occasions too.

Yeah man, that was bull$hit - That CD pretty much got thrown in the bin after two plays cause of that "gimme the funk, dj hype" - does he think we woudl forget who was mixing cause it was on a cd........SOM are rad though ;-)
lol that was the best bit about that cd, it wasn't bad at all really.
grooki

Post by grooki »

I'm looking forward to State of Mind again - they reassure me that I can trust the dj
http://www.soundcloud.com/grooki

Poised above the void on a cloud of dreams, Everything I grasp is sand through my hands
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

finna your not in the main room what u gonna be playin?
Broken Beat Assault

im gonna play sum downbeatz early on, then beatski will roll sum funk action!

tickets in shops for this by weekend or latest monday, limited capacity at heist so be quick!

same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

Broken Beat Assault wrote:im gonna play sum downbeatz early on, then beatski will roll sum funk action!

tickets in shops for this by weekend or latest monday, limited capacity at heist so be quick!
ahh wickid looking forward to seeing some downbeat styley
Broken Beat Assault

got a small amount of industries for this gig, email [email protected]

ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

Almost less than a month and a half now :smt025

EDIT... wait it's less than a month now!!! Fark it's 3 weeks.... YAY for recovery outing!!!
Broken Beat Assault

yeah not long now, cup eve madness, lotsa diff styles of DnB be rollin out for this one 8)

safire

Post by safire »

cant wait, will be a good mashup.

gona be good to be at a fresh venue, been a while since anyones had a party there....good times!

same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

i got a few industries if ny one wants em..
give us pm, or give us a call if u know mi number..
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

nic wrote:
ctoafn_DMZ wrote:
Direktor wrote: The FabricLive CD of Andy C and Hype was completely ruined by Hype's scratching... and talk about ego! "Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype... Hype in the mix, Hype in the mix!"... goodness me!
lol that was the best bit about that cd, it wasn't bad at all really.
Cereal?
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

I will be missing out on the BBA mayhem. Due to FARKEN work the next day booooo....
Broken Beat Assault

8)

Broken Beat Assault

hype gonna be on around 12.30 so get down early!