Boot Camp for Macs

Tips, hints, help, tech support, setups, systems and all things related to making phat beats. Post your latest production for all to hear & review. Or quiz the resident nerds about that tech problem you just can't figure out.
almax

Boot Camp for Macs

Post by almax »

yo have just got me a slick little Macbook Pro, was thinking about running boot camp on it to use windows, was curious whether this would increase virus issues if i hook it up to the net as opposed to running OS?
system
let the hustlers play

Re: Boot Camp for Macs

Post by system »

almax wrote:yo have just got me a slick little Macbook Pro, was thinking about running boot camp on it to use windows, was curious whether this would increase virus issues if i hook it up to the net as opposed to running OS?
i think you're confused as to what apple's boot camp actually does. boot camp just lets you dual boot mac os x and windows.

something like parallels desktop will let you boot windows inside mac os x, which is arguably safer (as it operates windows in a sandbox-style environment of sorts) than just booting into windows.
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
almax

Post by almax »

Thanks System! yeah im very new to Macs so know 2 fifths of fuck all. Thanks for the link
resist

Post by resist »

hey almax,

i use bootcamp on a MBP for music production, it works like a charm. let me know if you have any queries about this setup, I've been using it for about a year. But yeah, you do need antivirus, unless you NEVER connect it to the internet (or other peoples storage devices)

I did try parallels, but found out it doesn't support firewire. No good for me as I use a FW interface.