Attn: NakedAge

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
quick

Attn: NakedAge

Post by quick »

Put some clothes on FARKEN!

and stop starting threads... they are gay
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
andy_hoffman

Re: Attn: NakedAge

Post by andy_hoffman »

LOL!!!
...................................................................................................................................................
no more epilepsy raptor jesus
L-J

Post by L-J »

Signed and delivered.
The South East Connection-Every Sat 9am-11am GMT+1 8pm-10pm GMT+10
Big Tings-24th Oct With Coki, Loefah, Mj Cole and Zed Bias @ Roxannes
Branded Beats- 6th Nov @ Mercat
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

dang Stevey you been a little bitch this week

but i agree, NakedAge - use off topic or news thread or whatever
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

Do you all have our bitch on today do we?
GO CATS! GO CATS!
almax

Post by almax »

no ive got your bitch on....bitch
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Quick you should have used PM. Why make a whole new thread...to what positive end?
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

the irony is thick right now.

:lol:
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Isn't it just.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Usually drink, usually dance, usually babble
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

Oh I love the attention :P
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

:o I told u never to show anyone the photos of our special time :o
nic

Post by nic »

put a donk on it
nakedage is rather resilient
no snap yet
:(
spin

Post by spin »

im naked, old...
ANYTHING:TEST
BOB DEEP
WOBBLE
REVOLVER
BLACK CAT
http://gutterhype.blogspot.com/
quick

Post by quick »

mixtress wrote:Quick you should have used PM. Why make a whole new thread...to what positive end?
but if i used PM, no one else would have seen it...

think about it
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

nic wrote:put a donk on it
nakedage is rather resilient
no snap yet
:(

HOW FUCKING GOOD IS THAT CLIP!!!

Hahaha I was laughing for so long after that. The next day at work all I could say was "put a donk on it"

Anyways Quick.. I've kinda forgotten what you were on about. ..What did you have to PM me about?
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

DBoy

Post by DBoy »

NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW thank youuuuuuu :D what a beautiful internet rock. I loveee it

I'm sorry I didn't get you anything. I didn't know we were exchanging wastes of time this year.

Don't worry, if I have some time to waste I'm sure I'll spend it on the internet trying to find pictures with captions to put onto a forum for you.

MWah!! Thanks so much again. I love it :D
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

I like a rice
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Sorry mate, wasn't for you, but you can have it if ya want!
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

aww thanks champ :D .. Love your stuff. Your a good bloke buddy a good bloke. I like you, your allright.

Direkt, I went to a place on Swanston St the other night called ummmmmmmm .. I think its called Old Town Rice & Noodle.

Its a tiny little place. They made such nice rice tho. Everything on the menu was $8.50
nic

Post by nic »

Your a good bloke buddy a good bloke. I like you, your allright
YOU ARE YOU ARE YOU ARE :|

YOUR DEFINATELY AN ALIAS

:tard:
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

So Im a bit dyslexic on forums. Is that a crime?
quick

Post by quick »

yes
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

nic wrote:
Your a good bloke buddy a good bloke. I like you, your allright
YOU ARE YOU ARE YOU ARE :|

YOUR DEFINATELY AN ALIAS

:tard:
You're
GO CATS! GO CATS!
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

lol fuck that.

I spend so much time writing for my course where I'm scrutinesed to all fuck for spelling, that when it comes to forum whoring last thing I care about is spelling and gramar and shit.

I'M RE-SHAPING THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE DAMN IT!!! :D .... Nah Im just ruining it :D
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

finally, we agree on something. ;)

not to mention the fact that even dictionaries etc are acknowledging text speak and the fact that some of this grammar is not necessary to convey meaning.

grammar nazis should get a new hobby, or perhaps a life.
kronz

Post by kronz »

ghetto kitty wrote:finally, we agree on something. ;)

not to mention the fact that even dictionaries etc are acknowledging text speak and the fact that some of this grammar is not necessary to convey meaning.

grammar nazis should get a new hobby, or perhaps a life.

:-)
GO CATS! GO CATS!
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

was not directed at you alone mister, plenty of em here on these boards....

;)
mrj

Post by mrj »

plenty of THEM
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

Well, I'm sure you've all seen that thing that says "you only see the end of the word and can decipher it" and then it turns out all written fucked up but it's still really easy to understand?

I think theres a line.

A friend at work says "C' B' F'," when he's feeling lazy, instead of "can't be fucked" and it took me ages to figure out that he was talking internet to me.

In written conversation, fine, language I feel can be written as it is spoken and therefor should have some sway with gramar, but if I was writing a peice to be published professionally, as in a book manuscript, then I'd scrutinise the spelling and gramar and read over it and re read to make sure it sounds ok when it's spoken allowed and reads properly.

But when your on a forum, it's a bit like a group conversation. Like everyone sitting in a circle and talking but with the delay that comes with whats going on in the realities surrounding us. It's because of that that I don't think gramar really matters on the internet.

When I write professional e-mails to Dj's or venues etc I make sure the spelling and gramar is correct. If anything just out of respect for the person reading it. If you walk into a business meeting and talk like a dick they won't take you seriously.
If you talk like a well mannnered, polite gentlemen, they might hear you out. Same I think applies for the internet. Its all about the context of the speech and who it's directed at and their relationship to you.
almax

Post by almax »

there was a study done recently where they tested text speak vs correct English and they found it much faster to read correct English.

here tis
http://www.dailyliberal.com.au/news/loc ... 86427.aspx
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Surely that is all to do with what you are used too, youngens probably find txt easier to read as they have been brought up with it.

On another note and while we are here and I have your attention. Please use less font on your fliers, to many fonts = design fail. Just a suggestion.
Kaiproject

Post by Kaiproject »

NakedAge wrote:Well, I'm sure you've all seen that thing that says "you only see the end of the word and can decipher it" and then it turns out all written fucked up but it's still really easy to understand?

I think theres a line.

A friend at work says "C' B' F'," when he's feeling lazy, instead of "can't be fucked" and it took me ages to figure out that he was talking internet to me.

In written conversation, fine, language I feel can be written as it is spoken and therefor should have some sway with gramar, but if I was writing a peice to be published professionally, as in a book manuscript, then I'd scrutinise the spelling and gramar and read over it and re read to make sure it sounds ok when it's spoken allowed and reads properly.

But when your on a forum, it's a bit like a group conversation. Like everyone sitting in a circle and talking but with the delay that comes with whats going on in the realities surrounding us. It's because of that that I don't think gramar really matters on the internet.

When I write professional e-mails to Dj's or venues etc I make sure the spelling and gramar is correct. If anything just out of respect for the person reading it. If you walk into a business meeting and talk like a dick they won't take you seriously.
If you talk like a well mannnered, polite gentlemen, they might hear you out. Same I think applies for the internet. Its all about the context of the speech and who it's directed at and their relationship to you.
cbf reading. lol

sifn't sai cbf liek tot4lly d00d itz t3h sh1t, roflmao wtfbbq?!

but yeah my boss (whos like 36, but he's a gamer) and some of my co-workers often use abbreviations like cbf, wtf etc and so do i... its nerdy but its cool and fine in the workplace i reckon
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

ATTN: Quick
Your avatar isn't a Squirrel.

Can I have that rock now D?

The rubber plant was surprised. If the rubber plant could have spoken, it wouldn't have said anything. That's how surprised the rubber plant was.
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

Kaiproject wrote:
NakedAge wrote:Well, I'm sure you've all seen that thing that says "you only see the end of the word and can decipher it" and then it turns out all written fucked up but it's still really easy to understand?

I think theres a line.

cbf reading. lol

sifn't sai cbf liek tot4lly d00d itz t3h sh1t, roflmao wtfbbq?!

but yeah my boss (whos like 36, but he's a gamer) and some of my co-workers often use abbreviations like cbf, wtf etc and so do i... its nerdy but its cool and fine in the workplace i reckon

For some reason, when gamers do it it IS cool. I think gamers are definately the coolest nerds out.

Like I work in a hardware factory. We have alot of codes to deal with etc. Something like 'CBF' COULD (In theory, or hyperthetically) stand for something like "Chrome brass finish" or some bullshit like that. Just like 'SSS' for us 'Satin Stainless Steel'. So in that context I find it just, stupid because, we're not facebook internet whores. We use it and shit, but everyone on the floor is basically like, normal. If you say 'CBF' to them, their first reaction won't be to assosciate it as something said on the net, because they're not on the internet, they're face to face. Say it to them via a keyboard and we'll get it straight away, because of the context it's used in, but when your in a different environment you adapt your mind to the surroundings, so CBF can be interepreted as something else, or not interpreted as anything at all but dribble.

Now when your around gamers, and your talking computer games, your talking internet context, so you relate the letters to the context they're used in.

I hate it when social fucks do it tho. They go out of their way in real life to make it look like they're so social, then they use internet slang because they spend so much time online they can't differentiate the two concepts.

The internet I feel should be used as a tool to ADVANCE your reality, not substitute it. Ie: Business contacts and shit, not fantasy games like World of War Craft. (Though I will admit, the concepts of those games is pure fucking genius, especially Dawn of War, and they're great fun so long as you can keep a game as a game and not make it a life style that effects your health like those people in China who play Second Life for so long to earn other people points that they die and shit.)
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

NakedAge wrote:lol fuck that.

I spend so much time writing for my course where I'm scrutinesed to all fuck for spelling, that when it comes to forum whoring last thing I care about is spelling and gramar and shit.

I'M RE-SHAPING THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE DAMN IT!!! :D .... Nah Im just ruining it :D
can't remember who said it, but along the lines of: 'the main purpose of an apostrophe in modern english is to warn the reader that an s is imminent'. was bitching about that with my mum over lunch the other day, good times. (she's a speech pathologist, so blame her for me being a grammar nazi.)
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

I used to see a speech therapist as a child because I spoke too fast
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

speech pathologist Foo...what's that?
mrj

Post by mrj »

I think its an incredibely cruel joke that speech pathologist is actually quite difficult to say.

they could have just said speech doctor. getting people with lisps and stutters to say pathologist is incredibely unfair.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

mrj wrote:I think its an incredibely cruel joke that speech pathologist is actually quite difficult to say.

they could have just said speech doctor. getting people with lisps and stutters to say pathologist is incredibely unfair.
ha!
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

mixtress wrote:speech pathologist Foo...what's that?
basically anything to do with speech. most of it's helping kids/people with brain injuries to speak properly, and especially with the latter doing things like reading through the newspaper to teach them how to read and deal with language again once they aren't young.
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

pathologist isn't a hard word to say. What, 4 sillybulls?

hehe silly-bulls.