BDO

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Friday

BDO

Post by Friday »

they sent a press release last week saying the melb show was at the showgrounds for next year but now there's this article in the age today: http://www.theage.com.au/news/music/mel ... 83222.html

wonder what the outcome will be...
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

yeah.. saw that.. hmmmm
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

yeah, not sounding good
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

Should be allowed to do it again in Carlton. no complaints or problems last year was there.
The best way to cure a broken heart is to give the pieces away
gnat

Post by gnat »

Hope it comes off, otherwise I'd be happy to put Tool, Muse, Eagles of Death Metal and Gnarls Barkley in my street

Wasn't going to go till I saw this lineup
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Might mean loads of more expensive but well worth it side shows.
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

apparently carlton residents don't want it there next year and have made their point pretty clear.

is rod raver/melbourne park an option - like livid a few years back ... or is it way too small?
Friday

Post by Friday »

rod laver hold 16,000....

bdo does 40 - 45,000

:? :(
gnat

Post by gnat »

Melbourne Park SUCKED ass for Livid IMO
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

Anyone go to Alternative Nation many yeras ago..
That was a cool set up, Olympic Park and the Glasshouse if i can remember..Pouring rain too!!
Well at least i will be the fattest guy on the street gettin a boat
HEY HEY HEY im gettin a boat!!!!
www.myspace.com/greysonsoul
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

Grey Son wrote:Anyone go to Alternative Nation many yeras ago..
That was a cool set up, Olympic Park and the Glasshouse if i can remember..Pouring rain too!!
shit dude, you're showing your age there ... ;)

and by saying the above i am too ... :P
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

Still one of the best gigs ive been to.
Back when tool played shit i liked..Primus, Bodycount, Ice t, NIN, man it was a good day..ahhhh that takes me back!!
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

really? was that the one with JonBonGovi (sp?).

clearly says in the article that if they don't get Carlton is prolly wont happen. He says he really does not think there is another venue that will be able to take it. anywhere, in melbourne. he may just be putting the preasure on the Carton people through the media.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Grey Son wrote:, Bodycount,
I saw BodyCount and Ice at Festival hall when i was like 12. What an eye opener that was.
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

DBoy wrote:really? was that the one with JonBonGovi (sp?).

nah bon jovi was a standalone show with Keanu Reeves band.

How do I know this shit/??????
Stray

Post by Stray »

shepherd wrote:

Because you went to that show! You wanted me to go too.. you were all
like.. "Dude you gota come.. the Keanu Reeves band is awesome!"

:teef:
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

Stray wrote:
shepherd wrote:

Because you went to that show! You wanted me to go too.. you were all
like.. "Dude you gota come.. the Keanu Reeves band is awesome!"

:teef:
DOGSTAR
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

Grey Son wrote:Anyone go to Alternative Nation many yeras ago..
yeah, I went to that. I refer to it as Alternative Downpour

"Mr Lees said the State Government knocked back a proposal to move the event to Albert Park"

I wonder what Albert Park woulda been like? Coulda been an awesome venue.

I thought the reno's on the showgrounds were finished in time for the Royal Melbourne Show?? Why can't they go back there?
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
flippo

Post by flippo »

I wonder if Neil Diamond is in the line-up again
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

flippo wrote:I wonder if Neil Diamond is in the line-up again
Would still rate over the whole JJJ hottest 100 band list they seem to always real in :shock: :shock:
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

flippo wrote:I wonder if Neil Diamond is in the line-up again
LOL

p.
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

Kamal was my highlight a couple of years back.

I actually saw, with my very own eyes, an old bitch throw her jox up to him.

Should have seen his jacket :shock: :wrong:

Peaches would be rad to see, fucken hope they get Melbourne sorted.

If not, dont do it at all I say, how can you have a festival without us??? Pffffttt
Neapolitan

Post by Neapolitan »

BIG DAY OUT 2007 will host the heaviest modern metal experience of all, TOOL. After 15 years of breaking, shaking and earthquaking new musical ground, TOOL topped the charts in 2006 with their latest unique melding of art, prog and metal, 10,000 Days. With an unmercifully heavy set that reaches back over a decade to the still staggering Sober, BIG DAY OUT 2007 will feel the earth move under its feet as TOOL rumble and roar into life.

In the summer of 2004, JET wowed BDO audiences with blistering sets showcasing their worldwide smash debut Get Born. Sure, it was only rock‘n’roll, but we liked it! In 2007, JET return to the BIG DAY OUT stage with their new effort, Shine On, a rollicking LP jam-packed with rootsy Delta blues, British hard-rock and Everly Brothers inspired harmonies. Expect a show packing a swaggering rock‘n’roll punch as a new light shines on JET at the BDO.

Direct from outer space, BIG DAY OUT 2007 is thrilled to welcome the most thrilling operatic sci-fi carnival on the face of the earth, MUSE. The fuel powering this prog rock missile from Mars is Black Holes and Revelations, a No.1 album around the world, and a showcase of a band at the top of their game – a game no one else has ever dared dream of playing. In 2007, BIG DAY OUT will be ridiculous, overblown, ambitious and utterly brilliant – all thanks to the one and only MUSE.

In the beginning, there was the BIG DAY OUT. And in the beginning of the BIG DAY OUT, there was VIOLENT FEMMES. Fifteen years after they folk-punked the BIG DAY OUT into existence alongside some little band called Nirvana, VIOLENT FEMMES are back to reclaim what’s rightfully theirs. BIG DAY OUT 2007 will ring to the sounds of the FEMMES classics that have become part of the rock’n’roll fabric: Add it Up. Blister in the Sun. Kiss Off. Gone Daddy Gone. Gimme the Car. American Music… VIOLENT FEMMES at BIG DAY OUT: a rite of passage no self-respecting music fan can miss.

When SCRIBE first stepped up to ask the question “How many dudes do you know flow like this?” in his smash hit Not Many, this young New Zealand rapper was setting out on a crusade to bring a new flavour to the international hip-hop scene. The real deal alternative to gun-toting, bling-laden cash hip-hop, SCRIBE’s powerful stage presence, hard hitting, hook-laden rhymes are irresistible and have inspired all corners of the hip-hop community to wax lyrical.

BIG DAY OUT 2007 is buzzing about the arrival of the best band to come from anywhere, ever – THE KILLERS. The Las Vegas band, led by the “knicker-wettingly debonair” Brandon Flowers, sold 5 million copies of their debut album Hot Fuss, and delivered some of the best singles of the 2000s so far: Mr. Brightside, Somebody Told Me and Smile Like You Mean It. Now comes the new album, Sam’s Town, and a live show renowned for causing mass singalongs and hormonal hysteria. With the coming of THE KILLERS, BIG DAY OUT 2007 is going to be, well, killer.

Everyone’s favourite Fremantle prodigies ESKIMO JOE run away to join the BIG DAY OUT circus this summer with their third album Red Wine and Black Fingernails in tow. With throbbing drums, warm keyboard atmospheres and ethereal guitars, the Eskies are wildly charismatic showmen with sex appeal to boot. Not afraid of a little rock‘n’roll they are not to be missed at BDO 2007.

BIG DAY OUT 2007 gets back in black with the coming of MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE. Beloved by black-clad music fans everywhere for their incendiary hits I’m Not Okay (I Promise), Helena and The Ghost of You, MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE are set to leave the pretenders choking in their dust with their new, epic concept album The Black Parade. Led by an iconic performer in Gerard Way, MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE will put the pomp and punk pageantry into BIG DAY OUT 2007.

BIG DAY OUT 2007 has a warm, fuzzy feeling now that PEACHES is returning to rub us up the right way. The self-made, self-produced, do-it-yourself leader of the electro punk movement and high priestess of the dirty lyrical classic comes armed with her third album, Impeach My Bush. Having let this Canadian whirlwind have her way with us several times before, it is with a sense of exhilaration and palpable danger that BIG DAY OUT 2007 announces the return of PEACHES.

EVERMORE have come a long way since the initial release of their impressive album debut Dreams; after a phenomenal season of touring on the live circuit, winning hearts in Oz and overseas, the three Hume brothers picked up a swag of awards and found themselves with a multi-platinum selling record. In 2006 EVERMORE have returned with a new album Real Life and we welcome them to the BIG DAY OUT for the first time, to deliver their dynamic rock, melodic harmonies and uplifting lyrics.

Get ready to shake ya ass. SPANK ROCK will bring the party, the rhythms and the raunch to BIG DAY OUT 2007. Hyped by DJs from Freq Nasty to Laurent Garnier, some call SPANK ROCK the figureheads of a sound known as Baltimore Club. We just call ‘em funny, catchy, clever, fearless and most of all, innovative. Representin’ their debut set, YoYoYoYoYo, Baltimore’s SPANK ROCK will be doing fresh, funky and filthy things with hip hop at BIG DAY OUT 2007.

Masters in the business of making music to lift the soul, Perth’s rock‘n’roll genius THE SLEEPY JACKSON return to play the BIG DAY OUT in 2007. With a vision unmatched in modern pop, The Sleepies have the ability to carve out nuggets of pure musical gold; from sublime acid-country to Who-like power pop, they deliver it all. Get ready for songs from their new album Personality: One Was a Spider, One Was a Bird, a heady concoction of sumptuous symphonic beauty, strings and massed choirs included!

Inspiring anticipation, awe and respect all at once, THE HERD has a reputation for fiery, electrifying live shows. With an unconventional line up, THE HERD take to the stage as an eight-piece outfit with three MC’s and two singers. With stage antics that turn the fun up to eleven, THE HERD will get the crowd grooving in flow-motion from the outset. Touring for the first time in 2007, catch them at a BIG DAY OUT near you.

Oozing excitement and an unparalleled energy with everything they do, Melbourne all-girl three-piece THE SPAZZYS bring their brash three-chord power chaos back to the BIG DAY OUT this summer. Since arriving to tear up the scene with their vibrant Ramones-esque punk pop rock, the band has kicked formidable amounts of arse! Don’t miss their red hot performance.

Stay tuned for our next announcement, when we reveal the latest additions to amplify your summer of music.

FRIDAY JANUARY 19th AUCKLAND MT SMART STADIUM
Maurice Rd Penrose. Gates open 11am
Tickets $110 +bf

SUNDAY JANUARY 21st GOLD COAST PARKLANDS
Smith St Southport. Gates open 11am
Tickets $115 (inc GST) +bf*

THURSDAY JANUARY 25th SYDNEY SHOWGROUND
Showground Rd Sydney Olympic Park. Gates open 11am. Event closes midnight.

SUNDAY JANUARY 28th PRINCES PARK SOUTH
Royal Pde North Carlton, Melbourne. Gates Open 11am

FRIDAY FEBRUARY 2nd ADELAIDE SHOWGROUND
Rose Tce Wayville, Adelaide. Gates Open 11am

SUNDAY FEBRUARY 4th CLAREMONT SHOWGROUND
Graylands Rd Claremont, Perth. Gates Open 11am

TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY 13th OCTOBER
have a twinkie, snapperhead
Amick

Post by Amick »

My Chemical Romance...Oh Dear...
FoundationStepper

Post by FoundationStepper »

factory worker wrote:Should be allowed to do it again in Carlton. no complaints or problems last year was there.
Fuck yes there was

About park reinstatement...

but having it promised as a one off helped to settle people

I determined the noise limits for the event last year
witty_pseudonym

holy moly. that tickles my pickle in a few ways.

never been to a BDO. time for a cherry popping perhaps?

:tool: :killers: :muse: :peaches:

edit :lol: @ stupid emoticon thing
flippo

Post by flippo »

Lil MiSbreaks wrote: Peaches would be rad to see, fucken hope they get Melbourne sorted.
I've got a peaches acapella. I challenge anyone to sit through it without comiting mild genocide. Woman needs to be fed to pandas.
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

witty_pseudonym wrote:that tickles my pickle in a few ways.
:shock:
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
deviant

Post by deviant »

according to that (Neapolitans) post the BDO is in Princes Park this year :?
menace

Post by menace »

killer line up ..best line up for a while

peaches are a must seem a few weeks back

and muse well they are the best band goin ab right now by far

can not for RHCP
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

flippo wrote:
Lil MiSbreaks wrote: Peaches would be rad to see, fucken hope they get Melbourne sorted.
I've got a peaches acapella. I challenge anyone to sit through it without comiting mild genocide. Woman needs to be fed to pandas.
:smt042

I cant stand peaches man!!
Mind you i hate apricots too!!
Once again BDO rolls in with another shit line - up ( well for me anyway )
Muse are cool i guess but really would it be hard with all that money to get some INTERESTING bands for once.....The BDO is JJJ'S wipping boy!!
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

hope it does all go ahead for sure, i was already planning on working it again.

man that photo of Iggy is funny :lol: crazy nutter!
Neapolitan

Post by Neapolitan »

www.bigdayout.com
its official.
next year @ flemington locked in.

princess park rocks! 8)
witty_pseudonym

Lizkins wrote:hope it does all go ahead for sure, i was already planning on working it again.
how do you get a gig there miss?
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

awesomenessssss :D :D :D
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

witty_pseudonym wrote:
Lizkins wrote:hope it does all go ahead for sure, i was already planning on working it again.

through a mate who has been doing it for years. now i gets to do it every year too.

PM me if you want more details :D
witty_pseudonym

Lizkins wrote:
witty_pseudonym wrote:

through a mate who has been doing it for years. now i gets to do it every year too.

PM me if you want more details :D
PM sent suger. :D
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

Princess Park was great in terms of space but shyte for shortish peeps... esp with only one screen - was really hard to see the shenanigans going on wit Iggy....

:smt026 can only do so much of this!!!!

And only 1 big screen didn't make things easy . . . . . Calder Park I say!

Princess Park was totalled last year, grass was dust by da end of da day.
AJ

Post by AJ »

Princes Park was way better IMO - no bottlenecks of crowds like the showgrounds has. I remember trying to see the Streets on the RRR stage and moving 10 metres in 30 mins. And Hilltops in the shed next door was as bad as it gets! At least you don't have that problem in Carlton...
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

AJ wrote:Princes Park was way better IMO - no bottlenecks of crowds like the showgrounds has. I remember trying to see the Streets on the RRR stage and moving 10 metres in 30 mins. And Hilltops in the shed next door was as bad as it gets! At least you don't have that problem in Carlton...

yeah for sure! there was no hope in hell of trying to see the Hoods unless you got there early. I was outside the door jumping up and down trying to see em, then gave up and just listened as best i could.
gnat

Post by gnat »

Saw Peaches a few years back at BDO and it was random to say the least. Hope she waxes her bush this time. Full on simulated sex on stage and the works. Worth seeing. I was pissing my pants

Violent Femmes are so over- can't believe they'd even book them. Saw them a couple of years back at the Corner and they sucked ass. Some things are best just remembered fondly

I wasn't going to go this year after the heat last year nearly killed me but I can't miss Muse and Tool at a day festival

Thought Eagles of Death Metal were playing too...
Neapolitan

Post by Neapolitan »

still 2 more announcments ;)

i'm still hoping for groove armada or daft punk !

Peaches is a crack up! 'impeach my bush' is not too bad

EODM would be fucking 8)
Stray

Post by Stray »

I'd put money on basement jaxx ;)
Neapolitan

Post by Neapolitan »

bassment jaxx are definately here for NYE in sydney and i reckon a NYD in melb.. probably summerdayze

doubt they'd kick it here for the rest of the month?
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

Neapolitan wrote:still 2 more announcments ;)

i'm still hoping for groove armada or daft punk !

Peaches is a crack up! 'impeach my bush' is not too bad

EODM would be fucking 8)
DAFT PUNK :!: :!: :?: :!: :?: :?:

Fuckin sick balls, id LOVE Daft Punk. With skeleton suits on 8)
witty_pseudonym

Lil MiSbreaks wrote:
Fuckin sick balls
:lol:

quoted for posterity.

you make me laugh lady.
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

yeah for sure! there was no hope in hell of trying to see the Hoods unless you got there early. I was outside the door jumping up and down trying to see em, then gave up and just listened as best i could.
To get to the front was a 2 hour mission, then to dehydrate, get covered in someone elses sweat and pushed into the barrier (then get security to stand right in f*ckin front of you) and walk out dripping from being drenched point blank range! :angryfire:

Count yourself lucky (got my 1st experience of kid koala but). :)
Neapolitan

Post by Neapolitan »

Australia Press Releases
the 2nd Announcement !!!

BIG DAY OUT UNEARTHS MORE ARTISTS FOR 2007 TOUR
Since announcing the first round of BIG DAY OUT artists for the 2007 series, tickets have been snapped up at record speed. If you have been waiting around till the second announcement before you purchase tickets, wait no longer! Below you’ll find the next round of International acts and Antipodean touring artists who will be rocking the stage at each BIG DAY OUT.

THE STREETS (UK), led by people’s poet Mike Skinner, will be telling it like it is at BIG DAY OUT 2007. Armed with his third album, The Hardest Way to Make an Easy Living, master hip hop storyteller Skinner will be spinning true stories of success and excess, as only he can. Brilliant, influential, and back for their second BIG DAY OUT, THE STREETS are Britain’s geezer gift to the world. (All shows)

You want attitude? BIG DAY OUT 2007 will be dripping with the stuff, as KASABIAN (UK) strut, swig, and swagger their way across the nation in what’s going to be one hell of a sweaty summer. Two albums in, the Leicester rock renegades already possess more anthems than a band rightly should: “Reason is Treason”, “Club Foot”, “Shoot the Runner”, “LSF”, “Empire”, “Processed Beats”. A decadent, explosive presence, KASABIAN are heading Down Under to expand their Empire. BIG DAY OUT is ready to be conquered. (All shows)

Few musical acts cover the diverse territory of BIG DAY OUT’s old mates, THE CRYSTAL METHOD (USA). Back and spinning into DJ mode for summer, Las Vegas’ finest, Ken Jordan and Scott Kirkland, will put the dance, the breaks, the rock, the rave, the dub, the house, the squelch, the boom and the beats into your BIG DAY OUT 2007. Renowned for their hits “Busy Child”, “Keep Hope Alive” and “Born Too Slow”, THE CRYSTAL METHOD are also mixing maestros - check their Community Service volumes for proof. Get ready to get busy. (All shows)

BIG DAY OUT 2007 is set to deliver JUSTICE (FRANCE) for all. That’s JUSTICE, French style, the duo made up Gaspard Augé and Xavier de Rosnay, known for causing riots on the dance floor with their neo techno, post-mash-up, electrifying electro, disco sounds. Whether dishing out their own anthems Never Be Alone (vs Simian) and Waters of Nazareth, or spinning discs from their eclectic, brutally funky to lightly pop collection, the JUSTICE DJ experience is unlike all others. This year, the sound of summer comes with a twist - your body twisting to the sound of JUSTICE at BIG DAY OUT 2007. (All shows)

BIG DAY OUT has seen the future of metal - and it goes by the name of TRIVIUM (USA). Coming our way to dazzle the unsuspecting with an explosion of neck-snapping riffs, grandiose scream-along choruses and outstanding musicianship, TRIVIUM will leave no stone unturned in their quest for world domination. A No.14 Australian debut for their new album, The Crusade, was a good start. Next stop for Florida’s finest: blowing the roof off BIG DAY OUT 2007. (All shows)

A little hush, please, as BIG DAY OUT 2007 welcomes a true poet laureate, The Bard of Salford, JOHN COOPER CLARKE (UK). Inspired by Kerouac and Ginsberg, peer to punk’s legends, a forebear of Billy Bragg and The Streets. From the clubs of Manchester to the epicentre of punk, he supported The Buzzcocks, The Sex Pistols, Elvis Costello and The Fall. No ordinary poet, JOHN COOPER CLARKE speaks with the rhythms of rock‘n’roll, and will bring summer to a standstill with his confrontational, furiously funny and jaw-droppingly real performances. (All shows)

From New York to Tokyo to BIG DAY OUT 2007, everyone’s beating the same drum: AFRA & THE INCREDIBLE BEATBOX BAND (JAPAN) will blow you away. And we quite possibly mean that literally. Three men, three mics, no decks, and a fat-ass, old school block party vibe. How do Afra, Kei and K-Moon do it? Be there to find out when Japan’s good-time beatboxing contribution to the international hip hop world, AFRA & THE INCREDIBLE BEATBOX BAND lay out the answers. (All shows)

There’s a breath of fresh air wafting over BIG DAY OUT 2007, and it goes by the name of LILY ALLEN (UK). The most exciting thing to happen to pop music in ages, LILY ALLEN’s debut album Alright, Still is chock full of sass, snarl and spite. Boasting the UK No.1 single “Smile”, the 21-year-old Londoner’s genre-busting debut will without doubt be the soundtrack to summer. LILY ALLEN has a lot to say - this summer, BIG DAY OUT will be listening. (NZ + East Coast shows)

Chicago’s best kept secret, LUPE FIASCO (USA) has officially arrived on the hip hop scene. Hyped by the best -- Kanye, Pharrell, Jay-Z -- loved by the rest, LUPE has dropped a bomb with his debut album Lupe Fiasco’s Food & Liquor, a goldmine of thought-provoking and playful lyricism coupled with sure-fire beats. He’ll tell you he’s the future. If you’re down with his worldview, get down with LUPE FIASCO at BIG DAY OUT. (NZ + East Coast)

Think you know what you’re in for when DIPLO (USA) takes the stage? You haven’t got a clue. And that’s just the way you like it! Hip hop, grime, Miami bass, baile funk, 80s pop, electro, rock_ He’s cutting it up and mixing it in ways you wouldn’t expect. From his seminal Hollertronix parties in Philadelphia and his genre-busting work with M.I.A in London, to his musical archeology in Brazil and his own album Florida, DIPLO is an artist of the world. His next adventure brings him Down Under, to BIG DAY OUT 2007. (NZ + East Coast)

If we all had a dollar each time a JOHN BUTLER TRIO song got stuck in our heads, I’m sure we’d all be rich, filthy rich! This year the JBT have spent a large chunk of time getting their classic rootsy, bluesy rock songs stuck in the heads of new fans in Europe, USA and Japan and at festivals all around the world. However, storming the international scene isn’t enough for these troubadours; they’ve also been back in the studio working on their highly anticipated fifth album that will be released in early 2007. The first track "Funky Tonight" reminds us of John Butler’s mega talent as a masterful multi-instrumentalist and spills a taste of disco/funk, ska and bluegrass that will bring celebrations to a new height at the BIG DAY OUT! (All shows)

Take a flight to Hollywood with LITTLE BIRDY at the BIG DAY OUT! As if you didn’t know already, LITTLE BIRDY were propelled from the musical hotbed of Perth on to the Australian alt-rock stage with their acclaimed 2004 debut Big Big Love. 2006 sees LB and their scorching lead singer Katy Steele return to release their sultry sophomore, blues-tinged rock‘n’roll LP Hollywood. An album of firecracker riffs and off-kilter, edgy synths; of gleeful dance rock grunt, slow-building arrangements and moody lyrical introspection, Hollywood takes you to a place where sassy meets psychedelic and too much is not enough. (All shows)

Princes of dirty electro-boogie THE PRESETS will serve up one helluva sweaty live show at the BIG DAY OUT this summer. Julian Hamilton and Kim Moyes were two squares who met at college and realised they shared a mutual untamed passion for music. From beer swilling rock and introspective Indie pop to high-camp Euro disco THE PRESETS dug it all and set about creating their own skewed, singular vision of scary, streamlined pop. They first hit it with the Blow UP EP in 2003, a heart of darkness in dance rock, and followed up with the pristine melancholy of 2004’s Girl and the Sea EP. And then finally in 2005 they dropped their Beams LP to much critical acclaim. Back from shakin’ their groove thang all over the world, get set for THE PRESETS at the BDO! (All shows)

SOMETHING FOR KATE will return to the BIG DAY OUT with a serious amount of rock on their agenda. Renowned as one of Australia’s most acclaimed indie bands having spawned hits like "Captain (Million miles an hour)", "Electricity", "The Astronaut", "Monsters", "Three Dimensions", "Deja vu", their latest release Desert Lights sees SFK spark up some sonic rebellion. An album that combines discord as well as catchy hooks, sophistication and beauty, Desert Lights captures SOMETHING FOR KATE’s trademark urgency and energy but delivers an invigorating, stripped-down, live rock sound. With lyrical master Paul Dempsey’s intense and passionate performances BIG DAY OUT audiences are in for some seriously scintillating live shows. (All Aust shows)

BIG DAY OUT is proud to welcome a band that has written the soundtrack to the lives of many Australian music fans with classic albums like Sound As Ever, Hi Fi Way and Hourly Daily, - the one and only YOU AM I. After a break during which band members recorded solo albums, toured the world, acted on TV, started record labels, played with other bands, became band managers (amongst other things), our most loveable rock‘n’roll ruffians returned triumphant in 2006 with a vintage, rootsy, garage rock album Convicts. From ear-melting rifferama and heart-string tugging humanity, this LP is a musical elixir for whatever ails you. Don’t miss YOU AM I at the BDO for a fangin’ festival performance of simply the finest open-hearted rock‘n’roll in the world. (All Aust shows)

BOB EVANS, aka Kevin Mitchell (yeah, the guy from Jebediah), has well and truly established himself as a solo artist - a successful one at that. After an initial solo LP release Suburban Kid in 2003, BOB EVANS has returned in 2006 with the ARIA Award winning album Suburban Songbook. Jam-packed with gems, the album features the infectious melodies of "Don’t You Think It’s Time?" and the pure pop pleasure of "Nowhere Without You". For a country style affair of romantic homespun intimacies and big adventures in little worlds where all you need is love, wander along to see BOB EVANS at the BIG DAY OUT. (All Aust shows)

A truly exciting and unique prospect to emerge on the Australian scene, THE DRONES’ music is infused with Australian history and draws on a rich tradition of Australian storytelling. This year they took out the inaugural Australian Music Prize with their album Wait Long By The River And The Bodies Of Your Enemies Will Float By. THE DRONES’ much-anticipated third release, Gala Mill, is an album of stark beauty and dark intensity. Thrashing out eclectic sounds that approach a wild fury wound tightly around thought-provoking lyrics, and dark swampy sounds with an undertow of blues and folk, THE DRONES will deliver a fiery and ferocious live show at the BIG DAY OUT. Don’t miss one of the most intelligent, innovative and important bands this country has seen in years! (All Aust shows)

Talk about a one-way ticket to rock success! THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT have followed up on their acclaimed debut LP Begins Here with Imago, a Class-A Aussie metal album and a stunning example of how the band has evolved while maintaining the resonant, melodic heavy rock for which they’ve become renowned. Dynamic vocals, emotive lyrics and intense arrangements with heavy peaks in contrast to soothing moments translate to highly-charged live shows that have been touted as the best in Australia at the moment. You decide at the BIG DAY OUT in 2007. (All Aust shows)

Stephen Allkins aka [LOVE] TATTOO is a true pioneer of dance music in this country. Since starting out in ‘78, he’s gone on to play along side some of the hottest names in dance music - Frankie Knuckles, David Morales, Kings of Tomorrow, Roger Sanchez, Deep Dish, Armand Van Helden, Fat Boy Slim to name a few. As well as sharing the stage with these fancy types, in 2006 he has written and produced his very own masterful album, Bodywork. Make sure you get along and sweat to the sounds of [LOVE] TATTOO as he lays down his sweet-ass disco-funk on the dance floor at the BIG DAY OUT! (All Aust shows)

SHAPESHIFTER’s new album Soulstice propelled the Christchurch via Melbourne drum‘n’bassers to the giddy heights of number four in the NZ album charts on its release in September. Not that being giddy or high is anything new for fans of the most exciting live d‘n’b act down-under - SHAPESHIFTER have lifted the roof off the Boiler Room at several BIG DAY OUTs in the past and so we just had to have them back. Soulstice is a star-packed jam that shows how this group’s sound has evolved to transcend genre definition, taking elements from jazz, latin, reggae, soul, rock, hip hop and electronica, and blending them live into a truly diverse and overwhelming dance floor experience. (NZ + East Coast shows)

Stay tuned for the third and final line up announcement coming soon.

The Streets, Kasabian, Crystal Method DJs, Justice, Trivium, John Cooper Clarke, Afra & The Incredible Beatbox Band, Lily Allen, Lupe Fiasco, Diplo, John Butler Trio, Something for Kate, You Am I, Little Birdy, The Presets, Bob Evans, The Drone, The Butterfly Effect, love [tattoo] and Shapeshifter join Tool, Muse, Violent Femmes, The Killers, Peaches, My Chemical Romance, Spank Rock, Jet, Eskimo Joe, Scribe, Evermore, The Sleepy Jackson, The Herd and The Spazzys.
*source* www.bigdayout.com

OH FUCK YEAH.

streets :D (they better be on a main stage this time), butterfly effect 8) always rocking!! shapeshifter :D:D
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

too much info, whagt about a band/ DJ list.
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

TRIVIUM are ok........
ok'ish !!!