The Offical " STORM THREAD"

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

whats it been like up in Syd Sasha?
Ani

Post by Ani »

jbs wrote: Yeah I saw that too. Funny thing is can't remember it being THAT windy?
:shock: :? :evil: :cry:

Believe me. It was THAT windy. There was massive rain. It all seemed to calm at 6:30, but from about 12 to 6:30, it was unbelieveable. See the gripe thread for more.... :(
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

stovequeen wrote:whats it been like up in Syd Sasha?
tropical storm business a'gwaan, but nothing like that! :shock:

Melbourne's great in that way, fairly median level weather for a while.. then BLAM! :)
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

well i was driving around at bout 3 am saw traffic lights swaying hard core.. a tree feel down at my skool and blocked a heap of lockers.... and i couldnt catch a train to skool cuz there waz none
killeye

Post by killeye »

driving to work was an affair this morning...you coulda gone white water rafting on the golf course near my place, there was a truck in the gutter of the road near me...and when i got to work (northland) the power in half of the centre was off. this stretched to include coles and kmart (who cracked the shits with centre management and said we're not paying rent for the week) so AGL was rushed in to put in emergency power...nice easy morning, didnt really have to start "normal" work til 10:30ISH (as opposed to 8:30!!) The regional manager had come across from dropping his kids off at the airport and reckoned that it people were deserting their cars and walking with their suitcases to the airport! mayhem.....
Kinda brings things home when u think about this seemingly minor storm in relation to what happened on dec 26th!
"That's my desire, keep pushing, keep striving"

killeye myspace
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

u guys if u go past wesley college should see the front turf on st kilda road it is absolutley fucked........ three one hudread year old trees have been up rooted going over the fence onto the rooad and smashing a score board.. word to destruction :twisted:
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

sAm0 wrote:u guys if u go past wesley college should see the front turf on st kilda road it is absolutley fucked........ three one hudread year old trees have been up rooted going over the fence onto the rooad and smashing a score board.. word to destruction :twisted:
can see from my office.. holy smoke batman!
great_magnet
crazy diamond

Post by great_magnet »

[off/topic]

Hey Killeye, that would make you a Gandel employee - correct?

I work for Lend Lease, good to see another member of the retail property management massive on MB!

Say hi to Robyn for me...

[off/topic]
This ain't no party
This ain't no disco
This ain't no foolin' around
DIDI

Post by DIDI »

sAm0 wrote:u guys if u go past wesley college should see the front turf on st kilda road it is absolutley fucked........ three one hudread year old trees have been up rooted going over the fence onto the rooad and smashing a score board.. word to destruction :twisted:
Wouldn't worry too much about Wesley, they'll just use their massive taxpayer funded subsidies to re landscape as they have on the punt rd side.
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Ani wrote:
jbs wrote: Yeah I saw that too. Funny thing is can't remember it being THAT windy?
:shock: :? :evil: :cry:

Believe me. It was THAT windy. There was massive rain. It all seemed to calm at 6:30, but from about 12 to 6:30, it was unbelieveable. See the gripe thread for more.... :(
Yeah it's jsut wierd - I was walking round at 10pm and it was sweet. Wet but sweet.

Then I spose I went to bed about 12:30 and got up in the morning and went WTF??????????????????
Don't hate me for house
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

DIDI wrote:
Wouldn't worry too much about Wesley, they'll just use their massive taxpayer funded subsidies to re landscape as they have on the punt rd side.
i go to wesley and couldnt give a fuck i laugh infact.. cuz the stupid skool spends millions on that turf and then says we have no money so we need to sack teach.. da foolz need to prioritze...
mecka

Post by mecka »

I love people who post plurals that end in "z".

I spent the whole day wrapped up in a doona, with no leaks in my roof, no need to go outside, a hot mug of milo in one hand, the controls to my tv, xbox and dvd player in close proximity to the other hand.

Then I had to go and work outdoors for 3 hours. Totally fucked
eskay

Post by eskay »

:shock:
Under every grief and pine
Runs a joy with silken twine.

lynt

Post by lynt »

shi-at
killeye

Post by killeye »

great_magnet wrote:[off/topic]

Hey Killeye, that would make you a Gandel employee - correct?

I work for Lend Lease, good to see another member of the retail property management massive on MB!

Say hi to Robyn for me...

[off/topic]
[off/topic reply]
great_magnet: I don't actually work for Northland, but for the government (under the umbrella that is the Health Insurance Commission) in the Medicare Office at Northland...sorry to get ur hopes up! I would say hi to Robyn if i knew him/her! :)

[end/off topic reply]
"That's my desire, keep pushing, keep striving"

killeye myspace
TimmyG

Post by TimmyG »

eskay wrote:Image

:shock:
Fark...
waggers

Post by waggers »

^ I'll say!!! That's massive. ^
I walked past Luna Park last nite (I was at the Espy) and it looked ok.
I wonder if there's a high water mark on it now, like a ring around the bath-tub. :lol:
Fix up, Look sharp!
mecka

Post by mecka »

It looks Photoshopped to me. Plus the sky is blue.
eskay

Post by eskay »

mecka wrote:It looks Photoshopped to me. Plus the sky is blue.
possible I guess but the caption on The Age website says 8am Thursday morning by which time the rain had cleared somewhat.
Under every grief and pine
Runs a joy with silken twine.

mecka

Post by mecka »

Really? Oh wells my eyes have fooled me before.