New anti smoking ads.

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

New anti smoking ads.

Post by ADD_Boy »

(Looks a bit like :teef:)

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/ ... 38811.html

Wat do people think ?

I think they're great.
PUCK YOU MISS ~~!
abstar

Post by abstar »

Very confronting! :shock:
lynt

Post by lynt »

Yeah, it's gonna be weird carrying that around in my pocket. Time to invest in a leather pouch I think.

:teef:
PeACheSsS

Post by PeACheSsS »

l quit smokin in mid december n doin well...well maybe not mentally....l use zyban!
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

It's working on me now!
I'm looking forward to quitting anyways.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

There was an old ad that said something akin to:

"If smoking made your outsides look like your insides, everyone would quit."

Seems like it's spreading... :shock:
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
paranoid edge

Post by paranoid edge »

But they said smoking was kool...
mecka

Post by mecka »

As of the 1st of March they will also be banning smoking at various other places included public transport shelters/stations/stops
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

Great ad, totally confronting. Cant wait for smoking to be banned in the clubs.
8)
PeACheSsS

Post by PeACheSsS »

lm now an x smoker so ld be the worse to comment on this but l cant wait till smokin is banned...totally
numz

Post by numz »

That how the warning look on packet in Thailand.

I still smoke.
huh
dj awesome

Post by dj awesome »

people will just become de-sensitised to that imagery ... shock tactics haven't worked yet and i doubt they will in this instance.

As Numz says - Thailand has imagery like that (more graphic even) and it hasn't done a thing.

http://www.djawesome.com

Live fast - yeah live too bloody fast sometimes; die young ... Die Young? No ... die old.
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

numz wrote:That how the warning look on packet in Thailand.

I still smoke.
Crack doesn't count. :wink:
sternumbreaks

Post by sternumbreaks »

obliveus wrote:Great ad, totally confronting. Cant wait for smoking to be banned in the clubs.
8)
It's banned everywhere in Tasmania which is great!
I always seem to have ciggies when im munted though :S
soundcloud.com/sternumbreaks
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

hrmm well i dont really give a shoot, people will keep on smoking no matter what... i just know that im never going to let myself have that happen to me ^_^

The rubber plant was surprised. If the rubber plant could have spoken, it wouldn't have said anything. That's how surprised the rubber plant was.
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

PeACheSsS wrote:l quit smokin in mid december n doin well...well maybe not mentally....l use zyban!
zyban is some fucked up shit. i was on it for a bit. it made me all wak so my g/f tells me
flippo

Post by flippo »

cha_chaos wrote:hrmm well i dont really give a shoot, people will keep on smoking no matter what...
I don't know how true that is. Look how many people smoked in the 20's 40's, 60's. Alot less people smoke these days.
Rob M

Post by Rob M »

i'd say a lot more people smoke these days. it doesn't have to be nicotine you know :P

these ads won't affect me as i don't smoke, but i'm still cool regardless; as i'm simply smokin'
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

Rob M wrote:i'd say a lot more people smoke these days. it doesn't have to be nicotine you know :P
I disagree. the amount of people I know in their early and mid 20's who smoke, compared to 10 years ago would be 60-70% less.

edutainment has done it's work well. :thumbup:
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

system wrote:
Rob M wrote:i'd say a lot more people smoke these days. it doesn't have to be nicotine you know :P
I disagree. the amount of people I know in their early and mid 20's who smoke, compared to 10 years ago would be 60-70% less.

edutainment has done it's work well. :thumbup:
Are those figures correct or did you pull them out of your botbot?? I like having serious discussions about this shit and I'd like to use your stats, but I want to know if they're true...
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

The Mixtress wrote:Are those figures correct or did you pull them out of your botbot?? I like having serious discussions about this shit and I'd like to use your stats, but I want to know if they're true...
read the quote.
system wrote:the amount of people I know in their early and mid 20's who smoke, compared to 10 years ago would be 60-70% less.
I'm only using personal experience, so it's totally subjective.
Rob M

Post by Rob M »

system wrote:
I think flippo was talking about the era not ages.

like how people in the 20's/40s/60s smoked tonnes...albeit now there is a culture of health awareness and wellness about the chemicals and detrimental factors of inhaling crap. Whereas back in those days people 'puffed' more smokes than a domino's pizza commercial.

yeh, see how i did that. stewie moment :lol:
Last edited by Rob M on Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

yep, yep. same age group, different decades.
Riz-One

Post by Riz-One »

i dont want to carry that shit around.

I think those stickers that i seen at the market a while back are going to become very popular.

ie. the ones that go over the warnings saying "Smoking is Cool" etc.

but i do not endorse this method of ignorance..

hopefully this will make me quit. or at least never buy a pack so i dont have the ability to chug down a whole pack
Rob M

Post by Rob M »

maybe new warnings on labels should be

"everytime you smoke, God kills a kitten."

...and show a pic of a kitten.
sternumbreaks

Post by sternumbreaks »

Rob M wrote:maybe new warnings on labels should be

"everytime you smoke, God kills a kitten."

...and show a pic of a kitten.
lol, damn!
soundcloud.com/sternumbreaks
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Rob M wrote:
system wrote:
I think flippo was talking about the era not ages.

like how people in the 20's/40s/60s smoked tonnes...albeit now there is a culture of health awareness and wellness about the chemicals and detrimental factors of inhaling crap. Whereas back in those days people 'puffed' more smokes than a domino's pizza commercial.

yeh, see how i did that. stewie moment :lol:
Well done.

My Mum told me that when she was young (about 40 years ago), smoking was considered HEALTHY for you, not just cool. I have an old DeRezke (sp?)cigarette tin that has a little story inside, something like this:

"The famouse opera singer DeRezke enjoyed his finely rolled cigarettes most after a long solo perfomance. He swore by it's soothing effect on his famous voice..."

She says it's fucked that the government gets you nicely hooked (even though they well bloody well aware at the time that it WAS indeed bad for you) and then starts slowly but surely removing your freedoms to smoke at all. Mum very nearly didn't get on an Emirates flight to Greece a few years back when they banned smoking in planes altogether.

She's pissed. She loves her cigarettes...
Rob M

Post by Rob M »

The Mixtress wrote:She says it's fucked that the government gets you nicely hooked (even though they well bloody well aware at the time that it WAS indeed bad for you) and then starts slowly but surely removing your freedoms to smoke at all.
It makes you wonder what other things the government is not telling us... conspiracy time! :teef:
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Rob M wrote:
The Mixtress wrote:She says it's fucked that the government gets you nicely hooked (even though they well bloody well aware at the time that it WAS indeed bad for you) and then starts slowly but surely removing your freedoms to smoke at all.
It makes you wonder what other things the government is not telling us... conspiracy time! :teef:
That's a new thread ALTOGETHER!
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

Damn cigs damn them!
When I was a kid it's funny how your like "Well I'm not going to smoke, drink or take drugs.."

HA!

Damn for "experiementing" in life!

Damn everything!
Rob M

Post by Rob M »

when I was a kid I said no...and continued playing video games as my addiction :teef:

...whoever said video games are bad for you is a complete moron. alas I could kill right now for a bit of gametime :D
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

flippo wrote:
cha_chaos wrote:hrmm well i dont really give a shoot, people will keep on smoking no matter what...
I don't know how true that is. Look how many people smoked in the 20's 40's, 60's. Alot less people smoke these days.
yeah but its almost a whole new generation... if you start and cant get urself to stop, then you wont... but if you dont like it then you will... being cool isnt always /fun/
As of the 1st of March they will also be banning smoking at various other places included public transport shelters/stations/stops
YAY!

The rubber plant was surprised. If the rubber plant could have spoken, it wouldn't have said anything. That's how surprised the rubber plant was.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

D wrote: Damn for "experiementing" in life!

Take that back right now young missy! :shock: If it weren't for experimentation, none of us would be here, and none of us would know you, and there'd be no such thing as jungle, and you wouldn't have the broad scope of experience that you refer back to every day of your beautiful life.

Experiments are experience.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

But I know what you meant :wink: