Gripe thread

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

It seems the lesson for today is....communication is key.
GO CATS! GO CATS!
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

system wrote:
stovequeen wrote:
system wrote: respect to gentleman Fents!
dude.. no hook up sat? :(
sorry mate, I thought you were going to TXT me. :oops:
I did. See PM :wink:
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

kronz wrote:It seems the lesson for today is....communication is key.
Word 8)
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
cj the taniwha

Post by cj the taniwha »

kronz wrote:It seems the lesson for today is....communication is key.
and don't be a numb nut computer nerd and ignore your friends/lovers in favour of long doses of low radiation.

Give him gentle hell GK, that sort of sh!t is not on. He may not think he is disrespecting you by doing that, but he sure the hell is.
Back from the desert to stir things up a little :)
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Fents wrote:You know what. That all makes me feel real good about getting married to my girl. If that had of been me Rach would of rang me an hour later saying hey where are ya? I would of apologised and said im at home the boys rocked over and the kegs running dry, can you come pick me up in 3 hours and i'll buy you dinner 8) :lol:
I reckon that's awesome... :D

It's like there are different levels of relationship, wherein there is either a basic girlfriend/boyfriend relationship or there's a partner/best friend relationship. I like the latter :oops:
mecka

Post by mecka »

witty_pseudonym wrote:i've developed an unhealthy addiction to a cuticle remover thing. i keep cutting away at the skin around my fingernails...and now they're all hurtie and bleedy. :(
emo fingers!
Last edited by mecka on Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nic

Post by nic »

lawl

that is p u r e emo isnt it.
spiral

Post by spiral »

should be sleeping..
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

mecka wrote:
witty_pseudonym wrote:i've developed an unhealthy addiction to a cuticle remover thing. i keep cutting away at the skin around my fingernails...and now they're all hurtie and bleedy. :(
emo fingers!
omg. what's happening to me?! :? :cry: :cut:
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

I'm sick
GO CATS! GO CATS!
Shadowgames

Post by Shadowgames »

left my hdd at home. shit shi shit :(
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

kronz wrote:I'm sick
Same!
aspekt

Post by aspekt »

ugh. a full day of training for how to use one of the databases. I have to do it before they'll give me access.
i think people should have to undertake basic computer usability courses so that this training session could be condensed into half an hour
There's no justice, just us.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Got paid on Friday, now I only have a quarter of my monthly wages left. Fucking bills :evil:
calstro

Post by calstro »

The Mixtress wrote:Got paid on Friday, now I only have a quarter of my monthly wages left. Fucking bills :evil:
The joys of monthly payments.

Usually takes me about 10 minutes of internet banking to get rid of most of my pay. :cry:
mrj

Post by mrj »

calstro wrote:
The Mixtress wrote:Got paid on Friday, now I only have a quarter of my monthly wages left. Fucking bills :evil:
The joys of monthly payments.

Usually takes me about 10 minutes of internet banking to get rid of most of my pay. :cry:
ditto
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

The Mixtress wrote: It's like there are different levels of relationship, wherein there is either a basic girlfriend/boyfriend relationship or there's a partner/best friend relationship. I like the latter :oops:
he did turn up at my door with a bunch of roses and a sheepish, apologetic persona.

but we talked till three and for me, everything is kinda complex, for him its simple. he thinks i want him to change, and im not just accepting him for the way he is. I think its all about a bit of compromise.

i dont know if were gonig to be able to meet in the middle. Ill just have to either settle for less than what i want, or be destined to be a bit unhappy.

sad kitty. dont know whats gonna happen, but gonig OS together at end of next week is feelin wierd.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

ghetto kitty wrote:
The Mixtress wrote: It's like there are different levels of relationship, wherein there is either a basic girlfriend/boyfriend relationship or there's a partner/best friend relationship. I like the latter :oops:
he did turn up at my door with a bunch of roses and a sheepish, apologetic persona.

but we talked till three and for me, everything is kinda complex, for him its simple. he thinks i want him to change, and im not just accepting him for the way he is. I think its all about a bit of compromise.

i dont know if were gonig to be able to meet in the middle. Ill just have to either settle for less than what i want, or be destined to be a bit unhappy.

sad kitty. dont know whats gonna happen, but gonig OS together at end of next week is feelin wierd.
Ya know, the holiday may well bring you two lovebirds closer together. Being in a foreign country with no (computer) distractions and only yourselves to lean on, it might be the glue that binds :wink:
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

i hope your right.

i dont want this to be hard work.

:(
aspekt

Post by aspekt »

kill me now. this training is so painful.
It's so slow that I'm finding it dificult to retain any information. GAHHHH what a waste of a day
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

GOTD: fucktards who open fire on innocent (or even not so innocent) people and then kill themselves :evil:
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

GOTD: payroll fu cking up my wages. paid for 3 days. WTF?
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

My workmate is an idiot.
Just because I rock, doesn't mean I'm made of stone.
gaz

Post by gaz »

probly not gonna be able to make it to break n fierce because of the uni aids.

flucking ghay.
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

Polecat wrote:My workmate is an idiot.
one of mine in particular too, yet he is about to add to his industry certifications.

last week, he 'turned on debugging' (his words) on one of our key routers and managed to turn off all the interfaces to it at the same time.

just what you need when you have ~3,000 people working on thin clients through your network.
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

system wrote:
one of mine in particular too, yet he is about to add to his industry certifications.

last week, he 'turned on debugging' (his words) on one of our key routers and managed to turn off all the interfaces to it at the same time.

just what you need when you have ~3,000 people working on thin clients through your network.
I have a meeting with two idiots in a few minutes. I call one Evil Frog Man and the other one Angry Stephen (not to their faces). Evil Frog Man has bug-eyes and is malicious. Angry Stephen yells lots. There is also No-Personality Princess, the Homewrecker and Captain Closet, but none of them will be at this meeting, thank truck.
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

C.I.A. wrote:
system wrote:

I have a meeting with two idiots in a few minutes. I call one Evil Frog Man and the other one Angry Stephen (not to their faces). Evil Frog Man has bug-eyes and is malicious. Angry Stephen yells lots. There is also No-Personality Princess, the Homewrecker and Captain Closet, but none of them will be at this meeting, thank truck.
*Names have been changed to protect the innocent
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

What can you do when your workmates are idiots? I try to minimise all contact. At least my boss is starting to get fed up with her fuck ups too!

Dry ice means keep the soil cores frozen, .... not sprinkle a little in there like you're keeping your drink cool. :roll:
aspekt

Post by aspekt »

Dodgy supplier in adelaide. Ordered some equipment 3 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. A few phone calls last week got a "We've got more in stock so I'll send them today with another courier. They'll arrive on monday". Sounds totally plausible............
Monday arrives but the packages didn't. An abusive email later and an email arrives today saying that my order has been dispatched...
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

aspekt wrote:Dodgy supplier in adelaide. Ordered some equipment 3 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. A few phone calls last week got a "We've got more in stock so I'll send them today with another courier. They'll arrive on monday". Sounds totally plausible............
Monday arrives but the packages didn't. An abusive email later and an email arrives today saying that my order has been dispatched...
Ask for the consignment note number and the courier's phone number...check for yourself.
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

The Mixtress wrote:
aspekt wrote:Dodgy supplier in adelaide. Ordered some equipment 3 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. A few phone calls last week got a "We've got more in stock so I'll send them today with another courier. They'll arrive on monday". Sounds totally plausible............
Ask for the consignment note number and the courier's phone number...check for yourself.
:scr1pt:

It's probably a dodgy courier and not the suppliers fault

I get blamed for couriers fuck ups all the time
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

breaksRbest wrote:
The Mixtress wrote:
:scr1pt:

It's probably a dodgy courier and not the suppliers fault

I get blamed for couriers fuck ups all the time
IMO Star Couriers are the worst out there, in terms of the faily big guns. Total shit. If they can't find an address they'll just send it back to you, or let it sit in the depot until someone complains.
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

I'm yet to find a courier company that I'm happy with . So far they've all been tards

Apparently all the major courier companies in Victoria are owned by the same brothers (Shannon Bros if I recall correctly) and are all as bad as each other
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Have you tried StarTrack?

I wouldn't reccomend it.
Don't hate me for house
Fents

Post by Fents »

breaksRbest wrote:I'm yet to find a courier company that I'm happy with . So far they've all been tards

Apparently all the major courier companies in Victoria are owned by the same brothers (Shannon Bros if I recall correctly) and are all as bad as each other
Civic Couriers mate. Express and standard services their great and they are DIRECT couriers. No depots. The same guy that collects the parcel drops it off. Bit more exxy than couriers pls but well worth it.
aspekt

Post by aspekt »

The Mixtress wrote:
that's what the angry email was requesting. I've been trying to ring them all afternoon and the phone is conveniently engaged....
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

I reckon FedEx have only 1 truck in all Melbourne. How does it take all day to go from Derrimut at 9am to Bundoora at 4pm?

I'm sweating on a package with dry ice I've just sent on FedEx to arrive on time to the east coast of the US. They quote 2 days for it to get there, but for a parcel to come here from the same location I'm sending to it took 6 days :S
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

Polecat wrote:What can you do when your workmates are idiots? I try to minimise all contact. At least my boss is starting to get fed up with her fuck ups too!

Dry ice means keep the soil cores frozen, .... not sprinkle a little in there like you're keeping your drink cool. :roll:
if you can work flexible hours, try not waking up before 1pm at the earliest. takes a bit of getting used to, but pays off in the end.
universal sea

Post by universal sea »

Deleted threads for no plausible reason.
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

Dreams of spiders turning into fluffy cats! They make me tired today :smt015
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Our interweb is running like a dog with broken legs...and tapeworm :?
lynt

Post by lynt »

universal sea wrote:Deleted threads for no plausible reason.
Starting threads with no plausible relevance.
scotty woo hoo

Post by scotty woo hoo »

breaksRbest wrote:I'm yet to find a courier company that I'm happy with . So far they've all been tards

couriers please are great if you are not in a big rush.

what problems have you had with advanced?
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Ghost town
mecka

Post by mecka »

been coughing up shit for three days now... sometin tells me i should be quitting smoking again
flippo

Post by flippo »

Shallow water is so fucking cold in the mornings, not even winter yet. :(
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

scotty woo hoo wrote:

couriers please are great if you are not in a big rush.

what problems have you had with advanced?

Couriers Please said they wouldn't do pick ups from my office because I work from home, which I thought was odd. Apparently they wont pick up from private houses, but my last job was also run from a house and they picked up from there.

I've had so many problems with couriers I wouldn't know where to start with the stories.
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

"The Fart Button"

I do NOT want to push it, thank you very much.
Don't hate me for house
lynt

Post by lynt »

YES YOU DO!!
gnat

Post by gnat »

lynt wrote:
universal sea wrote:Deleted threads for no plausible reason.
Starting threads with no plausible relevance.
:hahaha:
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss