1 Bedroom Hotels that won't kick a small crew out

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
universal sea

1 Bedroom Hotels that won't kick a small crew out

Post by universal sea »

I turn 30 on Saturday, no threads please, and I'm having a fairly chill weekend, starting with family, special friends, friends, and maybe more friends and special friends.

I've been looking into last minute hotel deals and have found some very interesting options in the $120-$180 range.

This is what I'm looking for:

- 1 Queen or King Bedroom, separate living area, kitchen (balcony would be great)
- The hotel must preferably have a heated indoor pool and/or spa
- Something in or fairly close to the city
- Bathtub, preferably spa bath (I've found one or two of these mamas)

The most important thing is entertaining guests. I will have maybe a half dozen people hanging out before we head off to dinner/debauchery on Saturday evening, but after it gets messy, I might want to bring probably the same amount... maybe up to 10 people... back to the hotel room.

Spikey Tee stayed at some Medina apartments, no reception, and he had a few people over, nearly a year ago, it was perfect, nice room, living area, good size. No pool though.

Anybody had positive/negative experiences with hotels and their "no party" policies, or noise complaints in general? I'm not expecting a rave, but 10 people talking with a bit of music through a small CD player could be disruptive to other guests.

If you know any good hotels or serviced apartments that are ideal for this sort of small gathering, please let me know.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

I've stayed at heaps of hotels in the city and I'd highly recommend the Saville on Russell. I used my flybuy points to get the room so I can't tell you how much it was, but the room itself was waaaay too big for two people and it had a massive open top balcony that was pretty much the entire side of the building with deck chairs and an amazing view. I'm talking HUGE big Sea. I'll go home tonight and try find out the room number so you can request that one specifically...don't know if the other rooms has such massive balcony's or were as spacious.

I'd also recommend the Hotel Grand Chancellor. Good sized rooms, blacony's on request and a rooftop heated pool. Perfect for mushy late night swims :wink: And fairly cheap for a 4 star.

Good luck :D
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
universal sea

Post by universal sea »

Excellent info thank you.

Saville on Russell is one of the ones on the shortlist, and Grand Chancellor was considered as well but its sold out for the 23rd. Saville is $175, many rooms left, and its big enough that my guests could easily sneak past reception if necessary.

I just don't want to be booted out for too much noise. I'm already banned out of Toronto's biggest and most prestigious hotel.
Stray

Post by Stray »

How much are you paying for your "special friends"?

:teef:
Lauer

Post by Lauer »

http://www.wotif.com/hotels/nova-stargate.html

Had a couple of big nights at the Nova Stargate on Franklin Street, CBD.

We had the 2 level 2 bedroom places both times, both times all nighters with music playing and maybe up to 20-25 people quite comfortable in there and no complaints what so ever by patrons or the hotel.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

When I used to hire out rooms for parties, I'd tell them that I'm an interstate promotor and holding a gig in the city that night. I'd explain that I had DJ's coming from all over Australia and we were using the room as a base. It will explain lots of people coming in with bags and shit, as well as late night coming and going.

I think there's a carpark right next door, so if it gets hairy with security or something you can just use the carpark entrance and ride the elevator straight past the reception floor. More effort, but worth the trouble.

Our room was the one right next door to the indoor swimming area, as for that one. Handy indeed :wink: The bedroom was very small and the bathroom only had a bath (don't think it had jets) but the actual room was massive. CD player and cable TV included. The whole hotel is nonsmoking though (I think), thus the massive balcony.
Fents

Post by Fents »

lol @ stray
deviant

Post by deviant »

don't go to crown
universal sea

Post by universal sea »

Saville still in the lead, but Nova StarGate and its 1 bedroom spa bath thing on the penthouse level sounds enticing too. Thanks guys.

As for the special friends, well, I start with one, who then goes looking for more as the night goes on, she's good. All for the cost of being respectful and good to everybody I care about. Stray you might need to pay for respect or love, that's cool, it happens.

Crown - too pricey and too ripe with vice-ridden temptation.
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

universal sea wrote:Saville still in the lead, but Nova StarGate and its 1 bedroom spa bath thing on the penthouse level sounds enticing too. Thanks guys.

As for the special friends, well, I start with one, who then goes looking for more as the night goes on, she's good. All for the cost of being respectful and good to everybody I care about. Stray you might need to pay for respect or love, that's cool, it happens.

Crown - too pricey and too ripe with vice-ridden temptation.
:smt017

You use a hooker to pick up other hookers??
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
universal sea

Post by universal sea »

Clever people on here! It's like a bucket full of lettermans.
Lauer

Post by Lauer »

:lol:

It wasn't exactly clear what you meant by special friends, but i get what ya sayin.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

I vote for Nova StarGate too, it's a goodun.
universal sea

Post by universal sea »

No pool though...

What's the pool access like at the Saville Mixi? It's on the same street. Say I wanted to swim at the Saville, and entertain at the Nova?

Pricing is $6 apart.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Like I mentioned, the pool is on like the 6th/8th floor (don't quote me), indoor with glass roof, gym, spa, sauna. You need your room pass card to get in
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

can't remember the name of it, or it was something like Standford Hotel. Anways it is located between Collins and Lt Collins near Comm Bar.

We got a room for a mates b'day and it was two separate bedrooms (both with bathrooms that had spa baths), large loungeroom and kitchen, and balcony.

It also had a pool, gym etc etc. You could sneak passed the reception desk to get to the room as there was a lift going up that avoided that whole area.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

gee you're good Deviant. i was looking for ages and couldn't find it.

i could have just walked downstairs to look at the name but i couldn't be fucked.

anyhoo, that's it!
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Yep, the Stamford Plaza rocks ass. It was the first hotel I ever stayed at in Melbz when it was called...shit...something else, started with P I think. I've stayed there about 5 times over the years, always get treated like Class A citizens :lol:

lolz, just remembered a snippet from that first occasion. We were tripping like madcunts eating JellyBelly's and I dropped a blueberry bean on the carpet

you may not be able to see it very well in this pic, but the carpet has blue triangle and dots on it. I remember looking down, seeing a sea of blue and losing the fucking plot. I fell to my knees and got so hysterical that I started crying, repeating "how am I ever gonna find it, how am I ever gonna find it?"

Good times :smt045
nic

Post by nic »

goog times goog times
deviant

Post by deviant »

acid

Direkt

Post by Direkt »

:lol: @ Mixie
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

Spikey Tee stayed at some Medina apartments, no reception, and he had a few people over, nearly a year ago, it was perfect, nice room, living area, good size. No pool though.
bang namedrop! ;)
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

shepherd wrote:
bang namedrop! ;)
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
nic

Post by nic »

Where do people like Tiesto stay and do they have groupies?
deviant

Post by deviant »

Lizkins wrote:gee you're good Deviant. i was looking for ages and couldn't find it.

i could have just walked downstairs to look at the name but i couldn't be fucked.

anyhoo, that's it!
I cheat,

I happened to have our internal staff discount accomm page up with a bunch of links..... that was one of them ;)
dust

Post by dust »

Stamford Plaza is nice for a couple and has a rad pool and spa, however its not great for a group. There is no way that a group of 10 would have a good time there. We were a group of 5 and it wasn't all that comfortable.

I really like the Novotel on Collins, the deluxe rooms are massive. Not sure if it has a pool tho. - edit: yes, pool0

http://www.novotelmelbourne.com.au/explore.html
Last edited by dust on Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

dust wrote:Stamford Plaza is nice for a couple and has a rad pool and spa, however its not great for a group. There is no way that a group of 10 would have a good time there. We were a group of 5 and it wasn't all that comfortable.
agreed.
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

it might be stating the obvious but why not just have a gathering at yr house?
nic

Post by nic »

he doenst want his house trashed, wants to live the high life for 1 night and most of all its a chance to announce its his BIRTHDAY TOMMOROW AND HE WANTS MAD THREADS!!!!
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

It's on sat'dee nic
universal sea

Post by universal sea »

shepherd wrote:it might be stating the obvious but why not just have a gathering at yr house?
I have a special houseguest at the moment living in my bedroom and I'd kind of like a night where I can crash in a nice bed and do what I like. Plus I'd like to be pampered for a day (hence the heated pool and spa and - apparently - hookers).

All comments taken into consideration, booking to be made in the next hour or so. Most of you are friendly, helpful, kind and occasionally humorous.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

universal sea wrote: All comments taken into consideration, booking to be made in the next hour or so. Most of you are friendly, helpful, kind and occasionally humorous.
...and yet I see no invitation to said gathering...hurmph :roll:

jokes
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

hahaha US - you can be a prick yourself sometimes, what you on about?

Stray

Post by Stray »

universal sea wrote:
shepherd wrote:it might be stating the obvious but why not just have a gathering at yr house?
I have a special houseguest at the moment living in my bedroom and I'd kind of like a night where I can crash in a nice bed and do what I like. Plus I'd like to be pampered for a day (hence the heated pool and spa and - apparently - hookers).

All comments taken into consideration, booking to be made in the next hour or so. Most of you are friendly, helpful, kind and occasionally humorous.
How much are you paying for the "special houseguest"?

universal sea

Post by universal sea »

Stray wrote:
universal sea wrote:

How much are you paying for the "special houseguest"?

She's paying me actually... I'm a lucky boy.

you're tougher than a hooker, man.

mixi - this is a small little thing, not a big deal. For a big deal, Saturday July 7th at Carni, we have midgets, burlesque, strippers and various heavier electronica sounds, co-hosted by Lolly Belle. actually I'm fairly certain you received an email about this, Canada Day and my birthday.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

I did indeed :smt045

you may have missed my mini 'jokes' on the post :wink: I dund wrote it in white
universal sea

Post by universal sea »

I look forward to a hotel acid trip.
Baby Ruth

Post by Baby Ruth »

For a hotel acid trip, i don't think you can go past one of these family rooms
http://www.californiahotel.com.au/childrensRooms.htm
(sorry i don't know how to post as a hyperlink).

The themed rooms are pretty amsuing for a romantic getaway as well. The Roman room is pure class!
universal sea

Post by universal sea »

oh. my. god.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

They look awesome ay? Small, but awesome.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Baby Ruth wrote:For a hotel acid trip, i don't think you can go past one of these family rooms
http://www.californiahotel.com.au/childrensRooms.htm
(sorry i don't know how to post as a hyperlink).

The themed rooms are pretty amsuing for a romantic getaway as well. The Roman room is pure class!
OMG that is hilarious....and i kind of want to stay there. :lol:
gnat

Post by gnat »

mrs tiggy winkle
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
mrj

Post by mrj »

LOL. I wanna stay in the space module. I wanna, I wanna, I wanna.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
deviant

Post by deviant »

Looks like all the theme rooms are totally booked out for the rest of the year :(
andy_hoffman

Post by andy_hoffman »

Stanford Plaza Hotel is good.. Pricey and no balcony but it's got everything else
...................................................................................................................................................
no more epilepsy raptor jesus
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

some of the stamford plaza rooms have tiny little balconys. I remember once asking for a room with one and the reservations guy said they didn't have any. Told him I'd fucking stayed in a room with one and he fully knocked me back. Reserved a room anyway and lo and behold, it had a balcony. Moron.

I've stayed at this place in Gembrook. 2 nights for $500 or so, really sweet as place. We were in the Bluebells cottage with an outdoor spa but the Arabian cottage has an indoor one.

http://www.gembrookcottages.com.au/bluebells.htm
http://www.gembrookcottages.com.au/harem.htm

The Bluebells one came with the most adorable set up, they had a Stetson hat, some pearls, some masquerade masks, an old fahsioned suitcase and some feather boas. you get to play dress up's and shiz :lol: It's got a wood fireplace and a four poster bed with drapes. Just awesome :wink:
numz

Post by numz »

I stayed at crown last night with a small crew... it was debaucherous, and they never kicked us out. Great night, recommended.
huh
a1studmuffin

Post by a1studmuffin »

Stray wrote:How much are you paying for the "special houseguest"?

How much are you paying for the "hotel"? :teef:

... (silence) ...

Oh come on people!!! It's the EXACT SAME JOKE!!!
Stray

Post by Stray »

a1studmuffin wrote:
Stray wrote:How much are you paying for the "special houseguest"?

How much are you paying for the "hotel"? :teef:

... (silence) ...

Oh come on people!!! It's the EXACT SAME JOKE!!!
lol