Flow dynamics @ Miss Libertine Aug 17th

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
TheOperatives

Flow dynamics @ Miss Libertine Aug 17th

Post by TheOperatives »

not to be missed...

From Moscow to London, New York to Rome, and Berlin to Paris, Australian
producer Flow Dynamics has been creating boogie fever and booty havoc on
dancefloors across the globe. Fusing live musicians with a pile of electronics and sampling, multi- instrumentalist and producer Dave McKinney has proved to be a musical force on the world stage. When the first run of Flow Dynamics vinyl singles were released on Freestyle Records (UK), Funk Weapons (US) and Invada Records (AUS), the reaction was immediate with many of the world's top DJs spinning Dave's tunes in the clubs, at major festivals, and on
the radio.

DJ SUPPORT
Dave's music has been supported by Kenny Dope, Gilles Peterson, Russ Dewbury, Mr Scruff, Ashley Beedle, Fort Knox Five, Nik Weston, Askillz, Krafty Kuts, Beatfanatic, Patrick Forge, Nickodemus, Andy Smith, All Good Funk Alliance, Annie Mac, UFO, Ed Royal, DJ Regal (Bronx Dogs / Wiseguys), Tim Love Lee, Adam Freeland, and DJ Spinna.

DEBUT ALBUM OUT FEB 2007
Now, with a pile of original tunes and remixes under his belt, Dave McKinney
brings it all together for his debut self-titled Flow Dynamics album. Full of funky
jams and block party breaks, the record takes the listener on a journey through the world of funk and soul based beats with lots of uptempo party cuts, chilled
downtempo grooves and everything in between. The album digs deep into the
traditions of funk and soul, with lots of live musicians, heavy drums, funky
basslines, tight horn sections, sharp cuts, and raw funk vocals, all recorded and mixed at home in his bedroom studio.

REMIXES
With Flow Dynamics music getting heavy rotation across the UK, France, Italy,
Germany, Japan, Russia, Spain, Portugal, US, Canada, and Australia, by everyone from bboys and bgirls, to skaters, surfers, snowboarders, graffiti artists, and clubbers, Dave McKinney has also become an in-demand producer for remix work. He's remixed the likes of UK funk outfit Speedometer, latin group Manteca, America's All Good Funk Alliance, and Australia's DJ Regal (Wiseguys/Bronx Dogs), and has upcoming remixes for a string of artists.

WAM SONG OF THE YEAR
Dave McKinney has also made a name for himself as a songwriter as well as
producer and musician. Dave has recently signed a worldwide publishing deal with Mushroom Music as well as winning the WAM Song of the Year 2006 award in the electronic dance category for the song 'These Times' written with Rachel Claudio and featuring Rachel's amazing vocals. Dave had three further nominations in the WAM finals, and was also a multiple finalist in the Australian Music Oz songwriting awards for 2005 and 2006. Dave's music has made it into the UK Top 40 Dance Singles Chart and been featured on CD compilations across the globe including DJ Askillz's Export 02 on Fingerlickin' Records UK, and DJ Andy Smith's Freestyle Mix on Freestyle Records.

DJ SETS
Watch out for a DJ set from one of Australia's most respected producers when Flow Dynamics returns to the club circuit with a full DJ setup using Ableton Live and Serato Scratch to deliver his trademark feel-good party sets featuring exclusive reedits of his own material and unreleased tunes from some of the world's finest artists.

LISTEN TO ALL OF DAVE'S MUSIC
www.flowdynamics.com.au

QUOTES ABOUT DAVE'S MUSIC
"We love the funk. You've got it!" (Fort Knox Five)
"Party funk which I've been caning" (DJ Spinna)
"A Brighton Jazz Rooms classic already. Firing Funk from Perth, Australia" (Russ
Dewbury)
"Flow Dynamics got the beats that'll make ya say DAAAAMN!!!!!! Much respect! Still
haven't managed to stop playing "Live in the mix". I've done it to death but I still
have to drop it every set!" (DJ Askillz)
"Live-meets-electronic dancefloor funk" (DJ Magazine UK)
"Timeless" (Adam Freeland)
"Keep making those MONSTERS" (Krafty Kuts)
"Really dope, james brownish, upbeat and funky as hell" (All Good Funk Alliance)
"This 12" is the bomb. It's what 'funky breaks' should actually sound like! - Killing it
at Boogie Down every week. This is not leaving my box" (DJ Regal, Wiseguys/
Bronx Dogs)
"Have to say mate, I absolutely love it" (Flevans, Tru Thoughts)
"Upbeat dancefloor funk" (Knowledge Magazine UK)
"Dancefloor dynamite!" (Quinton Scott- Harmless/ Strut Records)
"Banging funky party tracks on Freestyle... Very dope. Highly
recommended" (Groove Distribution)
ImageImage
Snowie

Post by Snowie »

Very nice, i've picked up heaps of his records and all of them are the BOMB. Definately head down for this.
Easy @ Word - 23rd May Opening Night, every saturday
Everything You Want - Fridays @ Lounge Downstairs
OldSkool Hip Hop and Funk - Saturdays @ Red Violin
www.myspace.com/djsnowie

brotherb

Post by brotherb »

Check this mix he has done!
http://www.straightup.com.au/page?n=789
By design

Post by By design »

Flow Dynamics sick I'm down
Lindepenis

Post by Lindepenis »

Hot Damn!!
Werd!
Whatcha gon do when the people come home & ya wanna smoke weed but the reefer's all gone, Somebody had the nerve to take the 'erb out of the doobie ashtray, why do they do me that way?
Ides-GotFunk?

Post by Ides-GotFunk? »

and Local support at this show is...?

sounds cool - there for sure, looks like a funky nite out!
http://www.myspace.com/got_funk

Feb 15 (07)::FK5 vs THUNDERBALL
Nov 24 (07)::REPHRASE

27 DEC :: MBBB returns!!!
MAR 2010 :: WMC USA :D

ides :smt055 parov stelar
Lindemon

Post by Lindemon »

Support is Kano, Ennio & Paprika, I believe..

The blurb fails to mention that he was also part of the almighty Rhibosome..
This is the most excited i've been for a show since Good Vibes...
"Don't you EVER interrupt me when I'm talking to myself..."
TheOperatives

Post by TheOperatives »

Review of FD gig last week in Perth

With what turned out to be a rather lengthy interlude downstairs, a return to the main room revealed the crowd going nuts for one of the best funk producers this city has spawned, Flow Dynamics. His set was tearing holes in the speakers as he unleashed a barrage of funk unlike anyone has seen from one single human. Few DJs or Producers in Perth let alone the world could match this performance as the crowd was given a history lesson of Funk and Break as the man in the tracksuit jacket dropped bomb after bomb. The only criticism being that their was no chance of a respite as funk classic blended into funk classic. Loops from Kool and The Gang, James Brown and other luminaries were mixed into a modern set that can only be achieved with the high tech setup that Flow brought to the table, or of course a crazy dee-jaying octopus.

It was great to hear so many old and new school tracks layered onto each other in such a way that kept the crowed pumped. Flow also displayed many of his trademark beats from his debut album as he wound up proceedings. Not a moment or riff was spared as the Funk Club’s residency came to a unique and dramatic crescendo.

As the crowd spilled out onto the street there was a feeling that it wasn’t the end but rather that this was just the foundation for this unique and special night to continue from now and into the future. With the place packed to the rafters and booty shakin’ like a tribal gathering, the future of The Funk Club looks complete.
ImageImage
MR B

Post by MR B »

Bday Drinks & Flow dynamics! can it get any better???
www.myspace.com/thescratchfoundation
Dropping Phat @ The Workshop
BASS CAMP @ The Lounge
Fitzroys Finest @ Alia
BEAT Inc. @ Murmur
+more....
Lindepenis

Post by Lindepenis »

I will wear a wig!
How's that for better?
Whatcha gon do when the people come home & ya wanna smoke weed but the reefer's all gone, Somebody had the nerve to take the 'erb out of the doobie ashtray, why do they do me that way?
Ides-GotFunk?

Post by Ides-GotFunk? »

:lol: REALLY???????

Snowie

Post by Snowie »

Wicked nite, supa dope tunes. Definately the biz!
Easy @ Word - 23rd May Opening Night, every saturday
Everything You Want - Fridays @ Lounge Downstairs
OldSkool Hip Hop and Funk - Saturdays @ Red Violin
www.myspace.com/djsnowie

Lindepenis

Post by Lindepenis »

Man, I think I got drugged last night.
I cant remember anything past when Flow Dynamics started.. I just woke up @ home this morning

& I've heard some bad reports...

Like, I've been known to get a bit loose occasionally, but from what little I've heard I redefined the term..

So to anyone who was made to bear witness - I'm sorry
& if you can help me fill in the many gaps, please do...
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

Lindepenis wrote:Man, I think I got drugged last night.
I cant remember anything past when Flow Dynamics started.. I just woke up @ home this morning

& I've heard some bad reports...

Like, I've been known to get a bit loose occasionally, but from what little I've heard I redefined the term..

So to anyone who was made to bear witness - I'm sorry
& if you can help me fill in the many gaps, please do...
Oh no...

:roll:
Ides-GotFunk?

Post by Ides-GotFunk? »

Flow Dynamics... what a show, think im in love :!:
one of the best funk breaks set ive heard... EVER - dope tunes, great technique, couldve played nekkid and jumped up and down some more, but hey who'm i to complain???? :lol:
Extremely happy i ended up at this show... you were all fucking drunk and off yer heads, good crazy behaviour from a great bunch of ppl partying :D good work libertines and all involved :thumbright:
support DJs were lacking in appeal, couldve had a better turnout for such a good act i reckon :arrow:

Lindemon, i saw you (no wig in sight) on dancefloor for at least half of Flow Dynamics set... then you started making drunken eyes at some chick, i had to leave to puke, didnt see you after that... dont think you left from the front door?
not sure if this info is helpful or not :lol:

Lindemon

Post by Lindemon »

Hmmnnn...
Sounds like you missed the "good" part...

Preliminary reports place me in the centre of the dancefloor swinging my pants over my head, followed by the obligatory departure from the venue.
Apparently, I then got lost in the city, trying to put my pants back on, until a mate found me, hailed a cab & sent me home..
At home, it would seem from the mess in the kitchen & lack of bread rolls & ham, & the Mustard pickles smeared on every concievable surface (how the fuck did I get it on the ceiling?)

But anyway, this is just what I've been told, cause I cannot remember a thing.
All I know for sure is that I cant find my keys & my wallet is about $200 lighter
"Don't you EVER interrupt me when I'm talking to myself..."
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

Lindemon wrote:Hmmnnn...
Sounds like you missed the "good" part...

Preliminary reports place me in the centre of the dancefloor swinging my pants over my head, followed by the obligatory departure from the venue.
Apparently, I then got lost in the city, trying to put my pants back on, until a mate found me, hailed a cab & sent me home..
At home, it would seem from the mess in the kitchen & lack of bread rolls & ham, & the Mustard pickles smeared on every concievable surface (how the fuck did I get it on the ceiling?)

But anyway, this is just what I've been told, cause I cannot remember a thing.
All I know for sure is that I cant find my keys & my wallet is about $200 lighter
:lol:

:roll:

:shock:

:lol:
By design

Post by By design »

ha ha gotta love those nights no matter how much they hurt :lol:
deviant

Post by deviant »

dope night :)
gnat

Post by gnat »

oh i just saw this now!

how could i have missed it?!

ides... where was the nudge? :(
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss