Beardyman at Miss Libs tonight, 22 Feb, free entry!!!!

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
bennyk

Beardyman at Miss Libs tonight, 22 Feb, free entry!!!!

Post by bennyk »

SECRET UPFRONT SERIES SHOW AT MISS LIBERTINE TONIGHT

Darren Foreman (b. 14 May 1982) alias BeardyMan is a beatboxer from Brighton, East Sussex. He is currently the UK beatboxing champion.

Foreman moved to Brighton in 2001 to study at the University of Sussex. After seeing Rahzel play live, he started beatboxing at an improv show in 2002. He was given the nick-name “Beardyman” because at the time, he had a beard.

He has gigged and recorded with Klum-Z-Tung as part of MC/beatbox duo The Gobfathers. Together, they presented Get Lucky TV's 'The Freestyle Show” in 2005. He has worked alongside Grooverider, Shy FX, Killa Kela, Jazzy Jeff and Andy C to name a few. He battled to become UK Beatbox Champion 2006 and retained his title in 2007 making him the first beatboxer in UK history to win 2 championships in a row.[citation needed]

Beardyman often uses humour as well as beatboxing in his act. He has impersonated Elvis, dressed as a monkey on stage and once posed as an Austrian climate change lecturer before breaking into his set. Beardyman also features in the Funky Sage ringtones in which he plays a floating head who beatboxes and gives good advice. His video "Kitchen Diaries" which features him combining beatboxing with cooking has been viewed more than 2 million times on YouTube.

During November 2006 he took part in a series of children's choir charity concerts called Young Voices appearing in Manchester, Birmingham, London and Belfast.

On 10 February 2007 he made an appearance on the second episode of the BBC1 show When Will I Be Famous. Despite winning over the studio audience and two of the three judges, he came second in a public vote. On the same day, he was on also on the Channel 4 show Homemade where he was profiled as the weirdest beatboxer around.

Beardyman will be supporting Groove Armada on their UK tour in 2007.

local support, FREE FUCKIN ENTRY, bring it on.

8pm door, Beardyman on around 10pm![/b]
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

WTF! !!

damn i wish i knew about this earlier!
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

ahh according to Jerry, no Beardyman
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
deviant

Post by deviant »

hmmmmm???????????????

WARTFUCK??
TheOperatives

Post by TheOperatives »

i've been hoding this all day.... it's off guys, his equipment had some problems, and he has to fix it before the main show tomorrow morning.....

for those that saw him last night, this guy is and will be legend....

wow.... got a little set from him and sharlene hector in my office at the venue and it was amazing to say the least....

sorry people.
ImageImage
bennyk

Post by bennyk »

the man is a freak. unfuckingbelievable.

sorry to those who missed out.
Johnny Hooves

Post by Johnny Hooves »

Yep, unbelievable.

To all those who in the past have been scepticle about hard core beat boxing; "hes got a loop going behind him", "must be all pro tools", this guy is for real.

I was minding the sound for the show when he jumped up, and there was ONE microphone going into the mixer..... only one.

Beats, grimey bass, percussion, and vocals (really good vocals too) all at once out of one dudes head.

Fucking unbeliveable

Im going to groove armada just to see that again!

Shame the solo show didnt happen
Smile on Impact

Post by Smile on Impact »

bennyk wrote:the man is a freak. unfuckingbelievable.

I am fukin Livid.
I was out in melb and didn't know it was on.
Grrrrr.
bennyk

Post by bennyk »

Smile on Impact wrote:
bennyk wrote:the man is a freak. unfuckingbelievable.

I am fukin Livid.
I was out in melb and didn't know it was on.
Grrrrr.
we were completely unaware he was gonna jump up on stage.

when MdCL and Sharlene finished he just jumped up and blew the whole room away.

so no need to be livid man, it was just a big of a surprise for the libs staff, as it was the patrons, heh