BUSH @ Laundry 7th June

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
Herbsman

BUSH @ Laundry 7th June

Post by Herbsman »

BUSH @ Laundry 7th June

This months guests: Q-BiK (NZ) feat. Seeka MC

Q-BiK

Perth Based - New Zealand Drum n' Bass DJ/Producer and Frequency Agency (Artist Managment/Booking Agency/Venue/Bar Consultancy) owner and founder, Q-BiK has been turning some heads and winning the ear of many producers, dj's, promoters and labels the world over in recent months and years.

YEP THAT RIGHT! THE KIWIS AGAIN!

Q-BiK, signed to Planet Funk (UK), Basswerk (GER) and Vibez Recordings, has been gaining some serious interest from some key figures in the DnB, from Digital @ Timeless Records, Bryan G @ V Recordings, to the dynamic duo that are Total Science even Tony Coleman at Hospital Recordings ... to name a few. This followed BBC Radio 1-XTRA airings of his earlier works by DJ Sappo and L Double's, KISS FM - DJ Ruffstuff and Bryan G on his Movement Radio show on Ministry of Sound and gaining airplay and heavy club support from the scene's biggest names across the DnB world, which shows his tunes broad appeal to dj's and punters across the spectrum and the dance floor. Now, fast forward a few years and Q-BiK once again comes back stronger on the production tip and gains a fair few of his tunes consistent airplay on 1XTRA by Crissy Criss, which saw his first 12” come to fruition due out Planet Funk and further Signings on a variety of different labels.

A working DJ for 8 years which has taken him across New Zealand and Australia and many times over on his own tours & residencies reaching every major city and province in N.Z. and Australia. This past February he also embarked on his 1st successful Asian Tour, touching down in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. In the short span of a year and a half upon his arrival to Australia, Q-BiK has fast become one of the forefront DnB DJs in Australia and the most consistent nationally booked DnB DJ in Australia witch shows his prowess and skills on the wheels of steel! Q-BiK now regularly headlines events around Australia and has supported and been billed along side several prominent NZ and Australian artists tours such as, Concord Dawn, The Upbeats, Greg Packer Shapeshifter, Bulletproof, Salmonella Dub, Fat Freddy's Drop, Phetsta, ShockOne, Dose, Mosus, etc, not including supporting many of his heroes in the DnB and the Electronic Genre realm on their own tours abroad in N.Z. and Australia. Acts such as THE BOMBFUNK MC's, Masters at Work, XPRESS 2, Pendulum, Brookes Brothers, Digital, Danny Byrd, TEEBEE, DJ SS, High Contrast, Futurebound, Matrix, London Electricity, Klute, Total Science, Marcus Intalex, Doc Scott, DJ Lee, Bryan G, Outrage, Muffler, SPL, etc, to name a few.

Q-BiK has also been acknowledged by his peers and punters nationally in NZ at the NZ DJ Awards in which he placed in the Top 3 DJ in 2 Categories (Top Dj's (regional) / Top DnB DJ), shows his ability behind the ones and two's, and his dedication to being the crowds DJ! Playing amazing sets every time to crowds of up to 10,000+ people at big festivals such as Resolution NYE 03-06 (headliner act), Vibez on a Summers Day (NZ), Enchanted Forest and many more. His impeccable ability to read a crowd of any number and select the freshest tunes across the spectrum has ensured continuous bookings NZ ,Australia,Asia and now world wide!

Some of Q-BiK's productions have been gaining major support from all the KEY players in the scene. Some to watch out for are 'My House' signed to Planet Funk (UK), gaining serious radio support from Crissy Criss on BBC Radio 1XTRA for a number of consecutive weeks, as well as club support from Brookes Brothers, Danny Byrd, Futurebound and Matrix, Sigma, Adam F and the list goes on! 'Because I Am' Ft. HSD - signed to the early pivotal label Vibez Records, has been featured in clubs sets of the EZ ROLLERS, SKITTY, NOOKIE, Sappo on 1-XTRA, and is finally scheduled for release this 2008/9 on the VIBEZ ACCOUSITXX live 2 compilation CD. Q-BiK recently released 'NAG CHAMPA' on Basswerk Recordings' Basswerk Sessions Vol. 3 as has been championed by Digital and L-Double on BBC 1Xtra.

Q-BiK is currently working on some remixes for a couple of the DnB scene big names, which will surely cement him as a full fledged member of the elite DnB producers worldwide. One recently finished and due out in the later half of 09 is his remix of 'Never Enough' by VAHN (UK).
hazzah

Re: BUSH @ Laundry 7th June

Post by hazzah »

This is going to be a great gig, wish I was here for it! Seeka is an awesome MC - strongly recommend you check these two out!
djcam

Post by djcam »

plus all day monday to recover.. :smt023
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

hazzah wrote:This is going to be a great gig, wish I was here for it! Seeka is an awesome MC - strongly recommend you check these two out!

Definately.....!
Caught this combo in Perth and it was most exciting!

Will roll on after work!
Bless the Public Holidays!!!!!!!!!!! :D
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

that is a funny photo..

DNB SERIOUS VS DNB MC BLAOWNESS
aroes

Post by aroes »

Seeka MC- "carn give us a cuddle"

Q Bik- "he said he wants a cuddle so give him a cuddle NOW you little bitch"
djcam

Post by djcam »

just a few days to go!!!!

here's the original thread -> http://forum.melbournebeats.com/viewtop ... 13&t=15844
bassfreak

Post by bassfreak »

same o wrote:that is a funny photo..

DNB SERIOUS VS DNB MC BLAOWNESS
Ha ha, yeah I took that pic about 4-5 years ago.
AS prev mentioned, these 2 will smash it. Seeka is a seriously quick MC!
djcam

Post by djcam »

getting all tingly thinkin bout it.... Yo i'm makin Jules play later so can all rock out to his mad stylez.
Raider

Post by Raider »

ahah glad to hear that cam, I always rock up 10 minutes from the end of jules's set. :P Will be good to see him proper.

Really looking forward to this. D Absolute last gig in melbourne before I go overseas.
Why did the elephant get lost in the jungle?
CAUSE THE JUNGLE IS MASSIVE!

http://facebook.com/RaiderDNB
djcam

Post by djcam »

We'll rock out before you leave the big smoke with some jungle madness yo!!!

People keep missing Julez set and wished they hadn't... so time to let the brother shine. :mrgreen:
Raider

Post by Raider »

for rizzle! :D

Herbsman

Post by Herbsman »

Special request for Sunday night @ BUSH!

Alongside special guests Q-BiK & Seeka MC will be Heartical Hifi's very own Boover Banton, to nice up the mic and vibes up the dance.

Watch out!!!!!!!!!!!!
hybryd

Post by hybryd »

Yes indeed, get down to BUSH!

if ya aint made it yet, this sunday's a good night to start, mondays a holiday so no excuse.

plus Q-BiK {NZ} 'n SEEKA MC {UK} on da bill!

++ it's free!
djcam

Post by djcam »

whord up...

here's the set times for tomorrow ... as promised, Jules is on later so we don't miss out.

9 - 10 kickin it off is yours truly [C:1]

10 - 11 DD

11 - 12 Cassawarrior

12 - 1 Folklaw

1 - 2 Q-Bik + Seeka Mc

2 - 3 Spin Fx + Hybryd

And this month we have special guest Boover Banton Mc nicin up the mic.

seeyall in the place!
Herbsman

Post by Herbsman »

Booom!!! :smt066
tee193

Post by tee193 »

i'd like to come to this
Raider

Post by Raider »

I think you should.

hazzah

Post by hazzah »

tee193 wrote:i'd like to come to this

DO IT! :angel12:

You wont be dissapointed!
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

How'd it go? I bet I missed a crack'n night, hope it was large
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
Raider

Post by Raider »

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! :D

What an awesome way to say goodbye to the melbourne dnb scene for a while. Jules's set was quite epic and he shined in the later timeslot. And oh my gosh! I love that shy fx chopper remix mmmmmmmmmmmm. Great night guys thanks for this, can't believe it's free <3

Maldee

Post by Maldee »

EPIC!

(BIG TUNE)
"The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept."

http://soundcloud.com/maldee
Maldee

Post by Maldee »

EPIC!

(BIG TUNE)
"The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept."

http://soundcloud.com/maldee
djcam

Post by djcam »

MASSIVE thankyou to all who rolled in for this months BUSH. Brilliant night!

biggups to Hybryd, Folklaw, Mshcode, Warrior, Boovah Banton, DD, Q-Bik, Seeka MC, + and the awesome laundry staff who helped bring the night together. Couldn't have done it withought you - special shoutout goes to my MoreBass crew also. LOVE YAS!!!! XXXX Special mention also goes to L-Peake...... thanks for all yo support. Have a wicked time on the flipside yo. Take photos!!

Much muc love vto everybody in the place. To those who couln't be there we'll see you at the next one. Peace. XXX
Raider

Post by Raider »

aaaawwwwwh thanks :)

I'll be takin lots of pics don't you worry about that!

Dub Club Melbourne

Post by Dub Club Melbourne »

This one was a great night nuff vibes in the place, bless up all Bush Posse.

Great to see the local Junglelist massive jump up.

Rising Lantern large up yuself king!!