South Rakkas Crew - Espy Saturday September 18

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
daveespy

South Rakkas Crew - Espy Saturday September 18

Post by daveespy »

PEACE MUSIC PRESENTS

SOUTH RAKKAS CREW (MAD DECENT) FEAT MC SEROCEE

THE STIMULUS PACKAGE TOUR

Following a string of massively successful Australian festival tour dates in 2009, Canadian dancehall futurists SOUTH RAKKAS CREW will be stimulating dancefloors across Australia & New Zealand this September, returning with a swag of new material and a killer new live show featuring one of the UK’s best, MC SEROCEE, performing for the first time ever in Australia.

Rugged dancehall, shameless pop, hipster electro bangers, rude dubstep – f**k it, South Rakkas does it all. A duo comprised of veteran producers Alex Greggs and Dennis “Dow Jones” Shaw, South Rakkas Crew have been responsible for some of the hottest dance floor fillers around, both their own, and others. Heavy hitters M.I.A, T-Pain, Lily Allen, Kelis, Bounty Killer, Beenie Man, Justin Timberlake, Beck, Yo Majesty, Tricky and Duran Duran have all benefited from and SRC’s genius studio skills and talents for fusing hook-laden song structure with sound-system destroying beats.

Kicking off 2010 with energy, South Rakkas dropped their 16-track album STIMULUS PACKAGE (on Diplo’s tastemaker label Mad Decent) to unanimous praise from critics and the blogosphere worldwide - and the Stimulus Package marks only the beginning of SRC’s plan for world domination in 2010, with a new genre bending single, “Robot’s Revenge” (on superstar DJ Adam Freeland’s Marine Parade label) already getting much love from BBC1.

2010 also sees the unveiling of SRC’s new live experience, to be witnessed for the first time in Australia this September, featuringToddla T’s hype man Serocee (UK) who recently joined them for the summer festival season in Europe, which included a blazing takeover of Serbia’s Exit festival in July.

“Australia is one of my favorite places to tour. The people really know how to party. This year I'm bringing Serocee all the way from the UK, and we can't wait to touch down!”

-DJ Dow Jones (South Rakkas Crew)

South Rakkas Crew, live at The Espy Saturday September 18. Tickets on sale now through http://www.espy.com.au and all Oztix outlets.

For all media enquiries contact [email protected]

Download album (free): sub.maddecent.com/stimulus

Full Line up
Matt Can't
Swick Vs Tranter
Hangtime Dj's
Press Play Dj's
Mickey P

Gonna Be off the Hook!
Attachments
58223_1590726325066_1143104497_31634879_6396652_n.jpg
58223_1590726325066_1143104497_31634879_6396652_n.jpg (199.81 KiB) Viewed 747 times
Mat Cant

Re: South Rakkas Crew - Espy Saturday September 18

Post by Mat Cant »

I love so much that Serocee is coming out with them, i cant wait to see him perform live

btw if anyone wants tickets hit me up