ELEMENTZ PRESENTZ: GOLDIE, SUBFOCUS + MC LOWQUI - 9TH SEPT!

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Ag3nT[]0raNg3 wrote:
sweetcheeks wrote:
Ag3nT[]0raNg3 wrote:i dont think i paid for any drinks. how did that happen?

i recall sweetcheeks taking some pics of me mid gurn. please dont post on the internet thnx. :teef:
fuck you, it's Subvert's lucky day!

:P
dang. :muntedteef: :teef:
oh dear :shock:

Reverb - you should have been there! Would have been good to meet you :D
mecka

Post by mecka »

Lizkins wrote:Btw no I am not going to become a lesbian like I declared at one point.
:smt082

bahaha
RMHC

Post by RMHC »

Lizkins wrote: . And Tiggus, nice work on getting there and avoiding work. You is da man! And i loved the outfit 8) :D 8) :smt023

awwww thanks mate. :oops:
shabana

Post by shabana »

Fents wrote:
killeye wrote:btw: no-one's mentioned the stage invasions!! :roll:
haha i was gonna say Lowqui was a dope MC but he forgot the Number 1 rule whilst MC'ing in Melbourne - No pulling skanks up on stage.!

Biggups Liz for cracking me up no end when it happened.
Oh I'm SO GLAD someone else felt that way, I mean I don't want to make the chick feel bad, especially if she's lurking on this board somewhere, but dang I hate that cheesy shit!

It was the main reason I decided to hang in the VIP area with Roger, Jerry and the gang and I'm SO GLAD I did!

Got to meet Goldie and SubFocus (man, that boy's cute and how the hell does he manage to have the most unbogan-ny unmullet-y mullet I've ever seen?! I really wanna know!) and for all that Goldie looks like a badbwoy he was also really sweet, he gave a record away to this 19yr old german fan (the skinny blond dude) because it was his birthday and they were both Virgo-s and he played me Signe Tempus, it's Good, stripped back and with mainly his own vocals, I don't think it will be what people will be expecting but I can't wait to hear it along with the movie, especially the end track.

Sorry, I'll stuff the cat back into the bag now... :twisted:

By the way, if the girl who was minding the coat check for the gig is here, thank you SO much for bringing me my jacket, I was too busy being a groupie to come get it also it was great finally meeting miss sweetcheeks!

Thanks Rog and Jerry once again for a fuckin wickid party!
Peace and Fucking - Believe
Motive

Post by Motive »

MilkyBar wrote:
Motive wrote:
:twisted:

it's TC. heavy tune.

Dan - Oh my god, TC - Dub night?? It sounds completely different with lots of vocals and robot bleeps in the intro...noooot the saaame.

Subfocus had the version with the plain heavy drum intro... that was mentall..with the amen-ish breakdown. The breakdown on the dub I just listened to sounds completely different than the one subf played...!

Please don't tell me this is the final cut? http://www.dubrecordings.com/dub_player ... ub001a.mp3

It will break my little heart. :tard:
yep it's the same version - things always sound different on a PA - the vocal sample in the tune sounded like an airhorn at the Prince.
MilkyBar

Post by MilkyBar »

Motive wrote:
MilkyBar wrote:
Motive wrote:
:twisted:

it's TC. heavy tune.

Dan - Oh my god, TC - Dub night?? It sounds completely different with lots of vocals and robot bleeps in the intro...noooot the saaame.

Subfocus had the version with the plain heavy drum intro... that was mentall..with the amen-ish breakdown. The breakdown on the dub I just listened to sounds completely different than the one subf played...!

Please don't tell me this is the final cut? http://www.dubrecordings.com/dub_player ... ub001a.mp3

yep it's the same version - things always sound different on a PA - the vocal sample in the tune sounded like an airhorn at the Prince.
lol yeah! It's so different! I aim'ed tc about it and he said that that was the only version that was pressed? but the drop and breakdown sounded completely different? do you think so? i swear it sounded different like maybe a little subf edit. i reallyreally like that tune! I feel like an idiot here raving about it. :oops:

* waits for release in decemburr * :twisted:
flippo

Post by flippo »

MilkyBar wrote:
Motive wrote:
MilkyBar wrote:

lol yeah! It's so different! I aim'ed tc about it and he said that that was the only version that was pressed? but the drop and breakdown sounded completely different? do you think so? i swear it sounded different like maybe a little subf edit. i reallyreally like that tune! I feel like an idiot here raving about it. :oops:

* waits for release in decemburr * :twisted:
double drop or tease or something maybe?
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Didn't sound shit like Subfocus to me.
Izza

Post by Izza »

Absolutely awesome night
Great vibe right to the end
Thanks to all those that made it happen and for the poster what a great memento :lol:
Tasha

Post by Tasha »

Got to meet Goldie and SubFocus (man, that boy's cute and how the hell does he manage to have the most unbogan-ny unmullet-y mullet I've ever seen?! I really wanna know!)
Well, originally Nick's (Sub's) mate Sam paid for a hairdresser to cut Nick's hair but providing the hairdresser took full control! He started with this crazy mullet that got longer and longer and we called it his 'rat's tail'/'parrot'! Then one day i chopped the rat's tail off and gave him a well overdue haircut but we didnt want to lose the mullet completely! So he's stayed the mullet man and he chops into it himself when it starts getting outta control!! Yeah proper safe geeze, can't wait to see him when i get home :lol: Not long for me now! That airplane tune is sick! I told him it would be a good tune for some cool advert!

Glad you all enjoyed the night! 'Specially you Fents!!

Safe!
Fents

Post by Fents »

^^^ He blew me away tash just like u said ;) 8)

Hope ur well mate, are you still around Oz?
Tasha

Post by Tasha »

Eazy rude bwoy!!!

So glad you had a good night! Wish i'd still been there to party with you! Shame Rachel had a few too many tequilas!

I'm in Hamilton at the mo! Flying to Fiji on Sunday from Auckland! Played out in Wellington and Christchurch, met some safe headz!

NZ's been good, it's a beautiful country but not as cool as Oz! I've gotta come back to Melbourne someday! I loved it!

Hope you are all good matey!

I'm gonna check Shapeshifter on friday!! Bought their album! Love it!

Safe geezer!! haha!
Fents

Post by Fents »

Too ez, sounds like you have been killing it!

Just cause you have left Melbs dont forget bout this forum! Check back from time to time and I'll hit ya up when i finally make it to the UK to party.... 8)

Say hi to Nick and stay safe :!: :D
Tasha

Post by Tasha »

I haven't forgotten!! Had to see if you lot had a good party on the 9th! I thought you would! I'll keep checking in! Have i got your e mail Fents?

Have you got mine?! I'll pm you with it!

Defo hit me up if you come to the UK!

Stay cool! 8)

Safe :lol:
sweetcheeks

Post by sweetcheeks »

did i mention Goldie is still the fucken one? LARGE UPS to everyone and everything to do with this complete fucken BOnanza. ITM Gallery is up and runninnn, catch it while it's hot. shots should be going up on DOA for those of you that read said suckhole and keep an eye out for the comprehensive gallery with video footage from the night courtesy of Elementz.com.au!

http://www.inthemix.com.au/photos10/050909-goldie

p.s: was wicked wicked WICKED to see so many gorgeous and familiar faces, especially the new ones i got to be acquainted with, Shabana [you gorgeous thang!], Lizkins [ :smt050 ] and last but never least, HArdyy!!! I MET HARDY! I AM TEH WINNAR!! boh and wizzle wazzle!
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

sweetcheeks wrote:did i mention Goldie is still the fucken one? LARGE UPS to everyone and everything to do with this complete fucken BOnanza. ITM Gallery is up and runninnn, catch it while it's hot. shots should be going up on DOA for those of you that read said suckhole and keep an eye out for the comprehensive gallery with video footage from the night courtesy of Elementz.com.au!

p.s: was wicked wicked WICKED to see so many gorgeous and familiar faces, especially the new ones i got to be acquainted with, Shabana [you gorgeous thang!], Lizkins [ :smt050 ] and last but never least, HArdyy!!! I MET HARDY! I AM TEH WINNAR!! boh and wizzle wazzle!
awww shucks thanks sweetie, right back at ya :wink:

and re the photos:

NICE ONE SWEETCHEEKS, NICE ONE!!!!!! :D 8) :D

....thank god the trashed crew didn't get in that lot :oops:
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

sweet! no wastoid me pics.
one more medicated peacefull moment
www.dubstep.com.au
sweetcheeks

Post by sweetcheeks »

Lizkins wrote:
sweetcheeks wrote:did i mention Goldie is still the fucken one? LARGE UPS to everyone and everything to do with this complete fucken BOnanza. ITM Gallery is up and runninnn, catch it while it's hot. shots should be going up on DOA for those of you that read said suckhole and keep an eye out for the comprehensive gallery with video footage from the night courtesy of Elementz.com.au!

and re the photos:

i knew the trashed crew wouldn't appreciate it in the slightest so i left well enough alone :D
dust

Post by dust »

Lizkins wrote:

and re the photos:

Hehe, i'm hoping they're in the ones she gives me for the Elementz website. You is all going to be... :shock: :smt101 :smt100

And hell yeah, how good are Trish's photos. :smt054
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Thanks Trish :D

Nastee Georgia :twisted:
kuulmann

Post by kuulmann »

Izza wrote:Absolutely awesome night
Great vibe right to the end
Thanks to all those that made it happen and for the poster what a great memento :lol:
"Undoubtedly one of the years biggest dance floor smashers has been Sufocus' “X-Ray.” The combination of the ‘borrowed’ Nirvana bass line and the sing-along melody makes it instantly recognisable and always sends the crowd into frenzy whenever it’s played. So when it was dropped in the mix by its creator it was hardly surprising to see not only the crowd bounce, but MC Lowqui dancing across the limited stage space. Although the set was very party oriented, it was not superficial and without depth. It was an energetic set that remained consistent and true to the Ram sound. Cuts from Pendulum featured heavily in the set (Slam, and their Bacteria remix), as did of course Subfocus’ own material, their reinterpretation of the Prodigy’s “Smack my Bitch Up” as well as a tease of “Ghost” to name a few. Loqwi provided the necessary back up vocally but did not impose himself on the set. I’ve got to say I really enjoyed having a dance to this set!

Lowqui heralded Goldie’s opening track with the proclamation that “this is brand new from Metalheadz” it was D Kay and Lee’s “Sunset,” a typical Metalheadz sounding tune, with spacey vocals and growling bass. It was a great introduction to a set that was going to go deeper and really explore sound as always Goldie does. In contrast to Subfocus, Goldie mixed tunes in longer, letting them soak into the crowd. The tunes also had more depth and space to them. There was the VIP remix of D Bridges “Bellini” (one of my faves) some Calyx and Photek’s distinct driving track “Age of Empires.”

check full review >>
by "killeye"
Elementz Present : Goldie, Subfocus and MC Lowqui @ POW Bandroom, Melbourne (09/09/05)
Last edited by kuulmann on Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

kuulmann wrote:There was the VIP remix of D Bridges “Bellini”

]
It was actually True Romance

:chinstrokingtwattrainspotter:
RMHC

Post by RMHC »

that felt good didnt it^ :lol: :wink: :P
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

tiggus85 wrote:that felt good didnt it^ :lol: :wink: :P
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I actually feel really dirty now.
RMHC

Post by RMHC »

:lol: :lol: yeah it doesnt have the same elation as invading House forums...
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

tiggus85 wrote::lol: :lol: yeah it doesnt have the same elation as invading House forums...
Ha!

That thread is STILL going. 8 pages and counting! LOL! :lol:
RMHC

Post by RMHC »

yeah you cant complain, that was some mighty entrance mate, loved every minute of it :lol: might just go bump it again
kuulmann

ask "killeye"

Post by kuulmann »

Hardy wrote:

]

ask "killeye" ... she wrote the review

glad 2 hear, that ur a trainspotter as well... its my favourite thing 2do after a raving night out, especially if i missed the last train home :-))

Elementz Present : Goldie, Subfocus and MC Lowqui @ POW Bandroom, Melbourne (09/09/05)
Reported on Monday, Sep 12, 2005. 22:30 by killeye
http://www.inthemix.com.au/reviews/events/22645/
Last edited by kuulmann on Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hardy

Re: ask "killeye"

Post by Hardy »

kuulmann wrote:
Hardy wrote:

]

ask "killeye" ... he wrote the review

glad 2 hear, that ur a trainspotter as well... its my favourite thing 2do after a raving night out, especially if i missed the last train home :-))

DAMN YOU KILLEYE! I oughtta club you and eat your bones.

:teef:
kuulmann

Post by kuulmann »

Hardy wrote:
kuulmann wrote:
Hardy wrote: It was actually True Romance

ask "killeye" ... he wrote the review

DAMN YOU KILLEYE! I oughtta club you and eat your bones.

:teef:
i was told her uncle is known as "kilroy was here"
http://smartian99.tripod.com/
Last edited by kuulmann on Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cubist

Post by Cubist »

kuulmann wrote:ask "killeye" ... he wrote the review/
Killeye is a she :wink:
kuulmann

@ hardy

Post by kuulmann »

Hardy wrote:Fucking insane party, best i've been to in a long time.

Subfocus smashed it... rad tunes, rad mixing. Mad dancefloor killers minus the cheese. I've said it before, but Airplane (first track) and Verano (third track) are absolute killers. And Baron - At The Drive In!!! Purrdy!!!!

And Goldie? The man is King.
Ripped seven shades o' shit outta that place. Such a class DJ. Started off nice, and then just got hard as nails. Metalheadz has got some pure badness lined up. That new Amit (i'm assuming it's him) is BADAZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Klute - Hell Hath No Fury MASHED the place!
So long in the game and still pushing the boundaries. Hats off old man!

I thought Lowqui was a dope MC too. Knew when to shut his yap, knew how to work the audience, and ADDED to the music rather than TAKING from it. Love how he spent half the night just walking around the venue busting an afro wig with a wireless mic. Dude was a classic!

Didn't drink much as I was driving, so I left at about 4:30-45. Good to see the usual familiar faces out there, plus ace to meet some new ones, Ms Cheeks (finally!), Damo, and wicked to see Mel and Ollie there even though they spent half the night laughing at me for posing like a model.

BIGUPS ELEMENTZ!!! And bigups to all in attendance.
nice review !!!

btw: are u posting at DOA as well ?
Hardy

Re: @ hardy

Post by Hardy »

kuulmann wrote:

Subfocus smashed it... rad tunes, rad mixing. Mad dancefloor killers minus the cheese. I've said it before, but Airplane (first track) and Verano (third track) are absolute killers. And Baron - At The Drive In!!! Purrdy!!!!

And Goldie? The man is King.
Ripped seven shades o' shit outta that place. Such a class DJ. Started off nice, and then just got hard as nails. Metalheadz has got some pure badness lined up. That new Amit (i'm assuming it's him) is BADAZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Klute - Hell Hath No Fury MASHED the place!
So long in the game and still pushing the boundaries. Hats off old man!

I thought Lowqui was a dope MC too. Knew when to shut his yap, knew how to work the audience, and ADDED to the music rather than TAKING from it. Love how he spent half the night just walking around the venue busting an afro wig with a wireless mic. Dude was a classic!

Didn't drink much as I was driving, so I left at about 4:30-45. Good to see the usual familiar faces out there, plus ace to meet some new ones, Ms Cheeks (finally!), Damo, and wicked to see Mel and Ollie there even though they spent half the night laughing at me for posing like a model.

BIGUPS ELEMENTZ!!! And bigups to all in attendance.
nice review !!!

I certainly am! As Bunglist :wink:
kuulmann

Re: @ hardy

Post by kuulmann »

Hardy wrote:
kuulmann wrote:
nice review !!!

I certainly am! As Bunglist :wink:
u know then... have asked just 2 make sure :wink:
Last edited by kuulmann on Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
kuulmann

Post by kuulmann »

Cubist wrote:
kuulmann wrote:ask "killeye" ... he wrote the review/
Killeye is a she :wink:
ok then, i edit the comments and ... send her my love :-))
the review is very well written (but of course, the above mentioned mistake) but i didn´t notice that...
satori

Post by satori »

Sounds like a top night was had by all. Sweetcheeks in fine form bwahahahah. :)
Skank on the stage, was asking for a stubbie to the head. I think Lowqui is on heat or something, word is Goldie has been trying to get him laid the whole tour??? crackheads! hahah
unfortunetly I will have to share the fun with 1000 suburban kids at Home in Sydney, us poor junglist will be lost amongst the General Pant Massive. eek! << deep breath>>
Looking forward to a good brock out though. What was Goldie playing?
HAUNTED
Fents

Post by Fents »

[quote="satori"]Skank on the stage, was asking for a stubbie to the head. I think Lowqui is on heat or something, word is Goldie has been trying to get him laid the whole tour??? [\quote]

Apparentlly they both got laid down in Tassie - and could of done alot better from what i hear.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Fents wrote:
satori wrote:Skank on the stage, was asking for a stubbie to the head. I think Lowqui is on heat or something, word is Goldie has been trying to get him laid the whole tour??? [\quote]

Apparentlly they both got laid down in Tassie - and could of done alot better from what i hear.
Isn't Goldie married?
sweetcheeks

Post by sweetcheeks »

Lizkins wrote:
Fents wrote:
satori wrote:Skank on the stage, was asking for a stubbie to the head. I think Lowqui is on heat or something, word is Goldie has been trying to get him laid the whole tour??? [\quote]

Isn't Goldie married?
with kids

that chick up on stage was the BEST tho, she came to Mark N and her and her boyfriend did the exact same thing, we turfed em after 1 minute because she was a bit all over the place and we thought it might end badly for the stacks located either side of her. i got some nice shots of goldie in the mix while she was twirling twirling twirling next to him :lol:
Terry Tate
Location: come in! this is lonely soldier! my location is....bookshop!

Post by Terry Tate »

Lizkins wrote:
Fents wrote:

Isn't Goldie married?
i heard hes in the process of getting divorced yesno?
New Hampshire's alright if you like fighting.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Terry Tate wrote:
Lizkins wrote:
Fents wrote: Isn't Goldie married?
i heard hes in the process of getting divorced yesno?
i hope so, otherwise he just went into my bad books BIGTIME!!! Got no time for cheaters. Well actually i know some, but they lose respect. Fuckin cowards!!!
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

dfdgfdfg
dfdg
dgdfgdf
www.dubstep.com.au
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

Ag3nT[]0raNg3 wrote:
dfdgfdfg
dfdg
dgdfgdf
Um ... Yes exactly .
PUCK YOU MISS ~~!
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

missquoting shits me. :P
www.dubstep.com.au
shabana

Post by shabana »

Lizkins wrote:

and re the photos:

As to all of the above, I CONCUR!!!
shabana

Post by shabana »

No, no, it's ok,
The Gleam of Gold shall Not Be Tarnished *lol*

Yes, he is getting divorced and he had good grounds too
but that would be telling and
I'm not going to *giggle*
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

shabana wrote:No, no, it's ok,
The Gleam of Gold shall Not Be Tarnished *lol*

Yes, he is getting divorced and he had good grounds too
but that would be telling and
I'm not going to *giggle*
phew, nice to hear! Cheers Shabana :D
satori

Post by satori »

hahahah, the social conscious kicks in hahahah

ah I love a good skank. what would we all bitch about, if it wasnt for a dirty booty shakin skanky hoe to entertain us. actually crap dj's should tour with hoes, to distract from the bad mixing, mc's just dont cut it anymore. hahahah

Lock up your daughters...Goldie is single again. bwhahahahah.
HAUNTED
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

www.dubstep.com.au
kuulmann

Post by kuulmann »

Goldie in Melbounre @ Prince of Wales 09.09.05

LowQui on fire...

photos copyright by: "Jo lady" @ www.residentadvisor.net

09.09.05 Melbourne, Goldie & Lowqui at Prince of Wales
you can send photos to your your friends from here >>
http://www.residentadvisor.net/showphotos.asp?ID=7880
Last edited by kuulmann on Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:45 am, edited 5 times in total.