SUB BASS Fresh Hit Choice#1-Jungle/DnB/Dancehall + 12-JAN-08

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
NinjaGaijin

SUB BASS Fresh Hit Choice#1-Jungle/DnB/Dancehall + 12-JAN-08

Post by NinjaGaijin »

SATERDEE 12th OF JANUAREE 'n' 2008 (10:00 PM - 6:00 AM)
THE NIGHT OWL - 33 Elizabeth St, Melburn, Victoria
$6 WIT DE FOLLOWING:

JAHBEAN (SYD)
Reggae/Dancehall selections

SPINFX (FXU - Tas/Vic/Nsw alternating)
The man with too many records, seen the birth of dnb in UK & US 92/93 and has the records to prove it. Expect a mash up of all eras and nothing but dropbears and yowees and a lot of BAMMMMM!!! All flavours, all styles of drum n bass / jungle.

THE SHREDDER
Mashing up quality ragga jungle, dancehall, dubwise, dark dnb, jump up an dubstep just to name a few...

NINJA GAIJIN
Mixing the newest and choicest cuts of dark side dnb meat, tough killers replacing the fillers. Beginning with a short sojourn into the light to warm up the lightsiders...

THE SCRATCH FOUNDATION
A duo combining turntablist and producer, the Foundation play original hip hop, breaks and downtempo for the discerning punter

*DUBSTEP*HIPHOP*JUNGL*REGGAE*DNB*BREAX*DANCEHALL*

set times roughly:

10pm-11pm | scratch foundation
11pm-12:30am | jahbean
12:30am-2:15am | the shredder
2:00am-4:00am | rob spinfx
4:00am - close (latest 6am if ppl drinking) | ninja gaijin

exact set times not finalised but order should be this prolly
Last edited by NinjaGaijin on Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ulyssian

Re: SUB BASS Fresh Hit Choice#1-Jungle/DnB/Dancehall + 12-JA

Post by ulyssian »

NinjaGaijin wrote: THE SHREDDER
Mashing up quality ragga jungle, dancehall, dubwise, dark dnb, jump up an dubstep just to name a few...

NINJA GAIJIN
Mixing the newest and choicest cuts of dark side dnb meat, tough killers replacing the fillers. Beginning with a short sojourn into the light to warm up the lightsiders...
:smt032 look forward to it -damn!!
NinjaGaijin

Post by NinjaGaijin »

yeah the shredder - big props, the boy got skills

spinfx will be killing it, just got new shelving for his 1000+ 12s ... was hard to look through before :P

jungle drum n bass and more homies
bassfreak

Post by bassfreak »

Bout time i came down and caught ya spin Benny!
paranoid edge

Post by paranoid edge »

NICE!
NinjaGaijin

Post by NinjaGaijin »

NOTE: performers on the night will not probably be getting any pay for this.. a fair wad of money is going towards gear for BIG SUB BASS on the night and we are prepared to not get paid if necessary for a great system!

hey nice to meet ya para! wicked bassfreakz will be great to see you! Will only be like my fifth dnb dj set all up or something so should be pretty special .. only played parties, radio and a few week night shows.. so gonna be a big one.. been working on my set a couple of weeks and refining every day.. so many tracks, so little time :)

Which brings me to another point, people that know my tastes in dnb and breakcore etc are seeming to think I will be blasting all hell this night.. do not worry.. I will not be playing any really noisey stuff.. the harshest will be dark heavy dnb. But even then the rest of the night will not be like that, I will be playing last, and I will be easing into it with lightside.. I got three vocal tracks out of the first four!!

spinfx will be playing the tastiest tunes from ALL styles of dnb but particularly, double dropping and mashing new and old school lost gems, unheard rarities etc. The man with ALL the edits.. but he can play bloody anything! Cuz he has it all :) he has tough stuff but last few shows he has played hard stuff (not that often usually in tasmania for some reason?) he has come to me to borrow some Barcode 12s :)

The Shredder is also a must see, breakcore producer crossed over into djing mad blends of shifting dancehall / dnb / jungle / dubstep and more.. a new face to melbourne jungle but a massive figure y'all got to witness..

I haven't seen Jahbean but reggae/dancehall early to warm up sounds fantabulous..

And as for Scratch Foundation they ALWAYS pull off the moves they got the scratchin and turntablism and the funky funky breaks.. not exactly my kettle of fish but for some reason almost every dj show I have, we are playing together. Top top blokes too .

And then there's me. I'm ganking to play. Got freshest darksides from past few months and 2005-07 stuff that may have been neglected somewhat in its day..so few people cranking this badass shit! I need someone else to play my 12s in an order I dictate so that I can hear the same thing myself lol. Don't worry though I will not smash the place instantly, I have light side to start as mentioned and will then ease into the madness over about 30 minutes..

I hope to see some darksiders there.. I know you are out there!

Stuff I'm preparing to play:

Amboss Throttler Sileni Breaker Submerged Temulent Noisia TZA The Riot Zubcore Of God Current Value Bizzy B Mystification Gein Breakage Krusha Lethal & Khanage The Enemy & Kid Kryptic DJ Hidden Speakerwrath Heartworm Medium etc... too much to choose from :P

Hope you peeps can make it!
FoundationStepper

Post by FoundationStepper »

so jungle as in new jungle or oldschool showcase time? always interested to know if someones playing the newer drumfunk stuff
NinjaGaijin

Post by NinjaGaijin »

I'll get back to you on that one.. most likely a bit of neuro and drumfunk newer, old rollers perhaps and I would expect some killer old school gems..

I will inquire when he is a bit more conscious (now working night shift @ 24 hour bottle o lol)
nic

Post by nic »

rob fx 111 111 11!

will watch
NinjaGaijin

Post by NinjaGaijin »

yep rob is going to almost entirely stick to 94/95 :)
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

umm, this sounds awesome :shock:
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
Andrez

Post by Andrez »

Ninja Gaijin - cool moniker you're using!

Sounds like a cool gig - hope it goes well.

:wink:
NinjaGaijin

Post by NinjaGaijin »

i just wish ppl would say 'guy-gin' as its pronounced instead of 'gay-gin' lol :p
NinjaGaijin

Post by NinjaGaijin »

Andrez hey I saw Jen the other day omg!!!! lol been forever .. this is also quantum nanotech i love my aliaii :)

set times roughly:

10pm-11pm | scratch foundation
11pm-12:30am | jahbean
12:30am-2:15am | the shredder
2:00am-4:00am | rob spinfx
4:00am - close (latest 6am if ppl drinking) | ninja gaijin

exact set times not finalised but order should be this prolly
NinjaGaijin

Post by NinjaGaijin »

not long to go now, this one is gonna be vibe worth massif, we got lots of extra sound to install and going to tune it propa on the night for big ass subs

We r going to have live visual projection and I heard live realtime camera to incorporate for visuals

And I requested a smoke machine.. Fwaorrrrr

I've big kev'n
NinjaGaijin

Post by NinjaGaijin »

set time change:

Ninja Gaijin - 2am - 4am
spinfx - 4am - 6am
NinjaGaijin

Post by NinjaGaijin »

ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

NinjaGaijin wrote:And I requested a smoke machine.. Fwaorrrrr
Are they allowed... I dun think they are allowed in Night Owl... cos of ventilation or sumtin.... but the visual ting sounds great... cannot wait for that! :D
NinjaGaijin

Post by NinjaGaijin »

so big kev'n right now

its tonight!

we got live visuals, realtime cam
biggest bass badass system on the night
diverse range of party music

hope to see you all there on the night.. you've seen K-O and Shimon..
wny not try a new tasting musical diet ?

SUB BASS - EAT FRESH!
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

pictures... what a great night.... once again... action, fun, great great great set by rob.... more police... no capsicum spray - elizabeth st the new king/queen!

Work Benny :wink:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
on tour

Post by on tour »

dig it !!!!!

ninja

more !
We will chant with robes on you will learn...
NinjaGaijin

Re: SUB BASS Fresh Hit Choice#1-Jungle/DnB/Dancehall + 12-JA

Post by NinjaGaijin »

xD I would do more if it was my gig :) but they never book me again for SUbbass :P