JUNGLE RUN 7 // GOOD FRIDAY EVE // 09.04.09

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
Broken Beat Assault

JUNGLE RUN 7 // GOOD FRIDAY EVE // 09.04.09

Post by Broken Beat Assault »

The Long awaited return of the Jungle Run Sessions!

Lil bit of jungle run trivia on the DJ's 8)

TROOPER - was the first customer to buy a record at Melbourne's Jungle Insitution that was Soundboy records, TOO MANY TUNES!
RUXSPIN -used to go by the Alias of DJ OG, has one hell of a rinse out jungle collection!
FINNA - put on his first Jungle Party in 1995 and been flying the flag ever since.
BEATSKI - One of melbourne's pioneer DJ's, has played alongside all the big hitters since the late 90's.
LIVEWIRE- Signed to to top jungle labels - Big Cat & N20, expect the ragga vibes on the floor for this one!
DABEATA - been raiding Finna's old skool selection since the 90's so knows a thing or 2 bout the jungle selection!
MC SKILLZ - resident MC for all our gigs back in the day, Skillz jumps back on the MIC for a one off night of his trademark lyrical style.

And in the Beats room, we have some of Melbourne's best DJ's - Kammo, Dust, Tobias, Teilhard, Spin FX and Kodiac Kid repping the sounds of Dubstep, Hip hop, Old Skool and whatever else fits in!

Now that's a 100% homegrown line up that will deliver one of the biggest Jungle nights to hit our sound systems!

And of course Jungle Run Decor will be in full effect!

JUNGLE RUN 7
GOOD FRIDAY EVE
ROXANNE PARLOUR

BBA
Last edited by Broken Beat Assault on Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

obliveus

Re: JUNGLE RUN 7 // GOOD FRIDAY EVE // 09.04.09

Post by obliveus »

Always the best parties n I dont even know who the hell I'm listening to most of the time. Someone point me in the right direction...please!

8)
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

yes..

cant wait
BEATS INC.

Post by BEATS INC. »

About time! Local business?
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

As good as any I know. :pride:
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

day after birthday....... thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!
tee193

Post by tee193 »

fucking yeeeees!

was planning on going to adelaide over easter but going to stay now. brrrrrrrrrrap
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

DBoy wrote:As good as any I know. :pride:
:scr1pt:

This is gonna be dope as always!
hybryd

Post by hybryd »

nice one! :D
Sociopathic

Post by Sociopathic »

Any more info on this yet?
The fridge is angry, the cheese told me so.

Watch out for the penguins, they are comming
Fents

Post by Fents »

lineups?????????????????????
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

Hooves Birthday Massacre/Mash Up FTW!
fikuss

Post by fikuss »

Bam! Love it.

Who's it to be?
quick

Post by quick »

Slipmatt? Ellis-D? Carl Cox?

Get one of them to do an old Fantasia style set... would be FUKN SICK!!!!

or just get Matt (Charlies boy) in, he'll play the goods from 92-94

Packer would be sweet as well...
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

quick wrote:Slipmatt? Ellis-D? Carl Cox?

All of wot he said
fikuss

Post by fikuss »

The Rider?

Bukem??

Bryan G?

Fabio?

SS?

Rap?

bring it on. whooo?????
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

WOOT!!!!!! bring it
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
aroes

Post by aroes »

Hell yeah. Hearing one of the above do somehting along the lines of house into hardcore into jungle would be bigglesworth. I'd die a happy mang

A Guy Called Gerald would be sick too, when he was out recently he played the most brutal darkside old skool jungle. Pretty sure it was live/semi-live too. Absolutely mental
Broken Beat Assault

We runnin with a 100% Homegrown line up on this one, we thought Jungle Run 2 was one of the best night of tunes we've had and it was all locals, was a great night down at the ol mercat.
100% Jungle and olsskool in the main room of course, with dubstep, hip hop and assorted beats in the 2nd room.

Full details soon
BBA

Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

ac23 to play Jungle. not that weird dubstep stuff. JUNGLE!!!!

i still rinse ya old jungle mixes stevey
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
Charlie73
Location: Somewhere between South @ North.... Melbourne that is

Post by Charlie73 »

OOOH Lets see if we can get Neurojack out of Hibernation for the Jungle Massive.....

Give me a reason to get the lunch lady arms a flapping.... :smt003
NinjaGaijin

Post by NinjaGaijin »

Broken Beat Assault wrote:We runnin with a 100% Homegrown line up on this one, we thought Jungle Run 2 was one of the best night of tunes we've had and it was all locals, was a great night down at the ol mercat.
100% Jungle and olsskool in the main room of course, with dubstep, hip hop and assorted beats in the 2nd room.

Full details soon
BBA
That's what i'm talking bout.

Jungle Run 2 was the SHIT. Free lighter, big blunt on the poster (the SECRET poster the one u didnt put everywhere lol), awesome venue .. I STILL mourn the Mercat. What the feck did they NOT do with that, 24 hour license, it was MEANT to be the 'cool' other revolver, the other side of the city, actually good music, but open as late. But it died and I cried. A saw an event there a few months ago, could have been one off.. but I think it's still shut. Too sad.

I went to first three JR's, the 2nd clearly the best.. I had SUBTANCES ON ME, but it was just TOO GOOD - it would have been a WASTE to take something to alter my headspace. I didn't even need a single beer. Pure musical jungle adrenalin, great crowd, great tunes. Music and culture, not empty sounds and full on druqs.

Seriously, until Remarc late last year, that was the most jungle I'd had apart from some other, smaller local things. Localmotion Jungle Xmas on heffernan towers was sick too until shutdown at 4 or 5am!

So good to see u doin jungle room for this.. I saw flyer at top and scared when you say on back 'TECHNO DNB BREAKS !!' ETC.. no mention of jungle :P and there is i think a difference between a dnb party, a jungle party, and even a dnb/jungle party.

Day after my birthday, i'll be there for this one fo sure.

Not expecting much jungle from bad company tho?? Or am I wrong here? lol
Lizkins wrote:ac23 to play Jungle. not that weird dubstep stuff. JUNGLE!!!!

i still rinse ya old jungle mixes stevey
YAH!! I've been dreamin of those old AC23 jungle sets.. even asked around about it lol but apparently he's deep in the dubstep. Fair enough but yeah, I want to make him someday soon myself if u dont ahaha

AC23 jungle sets used to frequent Just Rite, no? <3

Oh AND PLZ PLZ PLZ im doing jungle night sat may 16th. can u all plz send psychic messages to promoters to not book marky at prince that night!!
RGLZ

Post by RGLZ »

Yes yes, JR2 was the best..! I remember getting kicked out somehow and climbing up a street sign and onto the balcony. They have 3rd class type nights at the Mercat on Saturdays I think so it must be still useable?
NinjaGaijin

Post by NinjaGaijin »

RGLZ wrote:Yes yes, JR2 was the best..! I remember getting kicked out somehow and climbing up a street sign and onto the balcony. They have 3rd class type nights at the Mercat on Saturdays I think so it must be still useable?
omg yes i noticed 4 months ago saturdays = dirty indie rock night or some such thung..

maybe they have sold most of gear so system is next to nothing now? Would be perhaps still worth paying to bring in sweet sound there if the owners are so desperate to be doing whatever it is they are barely doing now..

Still no website, old phone number not working.. was considering going down on a saturday night to confirm first hand but thought we also be depressing seeing the sorry state it's in.. but when I saw ANYTHING the first time at mercat I started getting giddy and excited. Deep 11 Nasenbluten show omg!? The tiny packed dancehall shows??? Everything pwn'd about this place. Except the promotions when they finally got their 24 hour license and just started doing techno nights that would pull 10-30 people!

Wow you climbed the pole up, very athletic hehe. If I got kicked out I would have made them breath test me or something because I was seriously high on the music. Saved the substances for the next day to stay awake hanging out with gf lol. Was glad I didn't WASTE an altered state on such a beautiful straight junglist experience.

In the same way if I go somewhere and everyone is only loving the experience because of the altered state they are in (this was dylan/limewax gig for me lol) I get really annoyed at what I see as the shallowness of a modern 'club' scene. Since I was a kid I've only been here for the music, going to pubs since 12 years old sneaking in not to buy beer but just to see bands for free and underage when no opportunity otherwise. It's so sad to see music cultural venues supporting fringe and experimental and hybrid styles barely exist anymore. I'm really happy I just found a single one of them to book my first show since 2006 at. Been a slow decline all decade in potential for local and up and coming fringe musical style promoters to obtain and supportive decent venue with a decent enough sound system.

Can't wait for this, Roxanne is a sweet venue. Hope to see lots of jungle vibe :) crazy with the placcy plants + camo netting to get gun fingers in the air plz hehe
aroes

Post by aroes »

:lol:
spin

Post by spin »

NinjaGaijin wrote: In the same way if I go somewhere and everyone is only loving the experience because of the altered state they are in (this was dylan/limewax gig for me lol) I get really annoyed at what I see as the shallowness of a modern 'club' scene.

didnt you spit on limewaxs face while he was djing because the music wasnt hard enough then get chased out by bouncers... deep.

bring on the badman rollers, runnin in the jungle.
ANYTHING:TEST
BOB DEEP
WOBBLE
REVOLVER
BLACK CAT
http://gutterhype.blogspot.com/
NinjaGaijin

Post by NinjaGaijin »

spin wrote:
NinjaGaijin wrote: In the same way if I go somewhere and everyone is only loving the experience because of the altered state they are in (this was dylan/limewax gig for me lol) I get really annoyed at what I see as the shallowness of a modern 'club' scene.
didnt you spit on limewaxs face while he was djing because the music wasnt hard enough then get chased out by bouncers... deep.
You know that ain't true because I lived with you. But i'm not here to talk about some personal BS? Perhaps u are?? U want a 30th response to this campfire politics wankery? Okay final time. Someone shook my hand after I mooned limewax a bunch of times, no one asked me to leave, I left because it was boring after 20 minutes because I only 'popped in' for a bit to see what crowd and event was like as offered a free door spot by a friend. I was passing through city for nightrider after hanging with girlfriend, too broke to go and no incentive anyway, thought what the heck. Miles got annoyed 7 days later and sent me a PM on a different forum. so no, i was not 'chased out by bouncers', and i didn't 'spit in limewax's face'. I spat in front of him on the sheet metres awaycoming down from the booth. Never been told at a venue to stop spitting. And I spit anywhere I go - I got phlegm wtf can I say? And you really wanna know why I spat? Because I needed to be shit for a bit. To feel alive, do something with a little malice. You gotta do the wild thing every now and again? You know that. Like you don't live by that code? Why u wanna get personal? I'm not slagging off your faults, of which there are many. Go away troll. Any further personal bs will be ignored - because I could easily air my dirty laundry in public but I don't. It's been forever, don't you have better things to be doing? I can't be bothered bitching after any of your posts, even after u leak dubs for nothing. And I don't think you were at JR2.

Last gig I played on Saturday finished with moshing to Servents Of The Apocalyptic Goat Rave and playing soccer with a milk crate with the goal posts the subs against the stage. Many a bruised shin there was, but fuck if that wasn't what PUNK is all about.

Anyway thanks for the hijack my third-ex flatmate - I'd stick to giving big ups to JR7 aye??
spin

Post by spin »

sorry couldnt help it, one of the crazies stories i have heard, naked even.

pz mate

jungle will be rad as always.
BOB DEEP
WOBBLE
REVOLVER
BLACK CAT
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

JR2 was a fricken dope night. Big ups the late night dancehall crew downstairs...my fav set at Mercat of all time.

8)
Johnny Hooves

Post by Johnny Hooves »

ulyssian wrote:Hooves Birthday Massacre/Mash Up FTW!
Sister you're too much, cant believe you remember that shit! We're definitley gonna have a propper mashup. Will have sound sorted early in the day to allow for some serrious birthday partying!

Bringiton........ :blob6:
Broken Beat Assault

NinjaGaijin wrote:

So good to see u doin jungle room for this.. I saw flyer at top and scared when you say on back 'TECHNO DNB BREAKS !!' ETC.. no mention of jungle :P and there is i think a difference between a dnb party, a jungle party, and even a dnb/jungle party.

Not expecting much jungle from bad company tho?? Or am I wrong here? lol
Bad Co & Fierce is a different gig on Feb 28th, its in the sig.

Jungle Run 7 is On Good Friday Eve 09.04.09, finishin up promo for that now should be done in next few days, 100% Jungle & Old Skool with usual Jungle Run residents plus couple special guests 8) plus an assortment of beats in the 2nd room.

Fents

Post by Fents »

i just realised i'll be in malayasia for our honeymoon. no jungle for me :(

i'll just have to live through fikuss that night - lighters + whistling + boh boh's!
tee193

Post by tee193 »

i've been known to be a big fan of them boh bohs! and a few brrraps in for good measure brushteeth
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Awesome. Just awesome.

Whoever was the bright spark who chose Good Friday Eve, I salute you. Four proper days of recovery...me thinks big tings are planned ;)
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
kallous

Post by kallous »

SICK!!!

last local one was so good.

bring it.
mesh

Post by mesh »

REALLY FREAKIN HAPPY to see this is locked in.

I don't care who the guest is as long as it's 100% old school jungle 90s business.

The Jungle Run with BC last year had a brilliant jungle room and the locals absolutely rocked it, far better than Maldini who was a massive let down with his selection.

keep it old type :)
fikuss

Post by fikuss »

Fents wrote:i just realised i'll be in malayasia for our honeymoon. no jungle for me :(
jungle... none?!
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

fikuss wrote:
Fents wrote:i just realised i'll be in malayasia for our honeymoon. no jungle for me :(
jungle... none?!
lol done
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
Fents

Post by Fents »

fikuss wrote:
jungle... none?!
:cry:
spin

Post by spin »

im gonna beat up some wobble in the side room, hhhhyyyypppeeeddd!
BOB DEEP
WOBBLE
REVOLVER
BLACK CAT
Broken Beat Assault

Nice artwork Bob!

Fents

Post by Fents »

uncy rux on the bill!!!!! nice one........................

so gutted i'll be away.
mesh

Post by mesh »

nice work to have it all locals, Hope we get Trooper and Rux at peak time :)
Broken Beat Assault

got industries for this available from Friday, get your orders in this one's gonna be ruff!
only one way to jungle - old skool style 8)

hit us up - [email protected]

also join our facebook group - brokenbeatassault crew to compete in our Jungle Run competition with loads of free giveaways - tix, tee shirts and more that will be starting from next week, more info soon

BBA

Cubist

Post by Cubist »

Nice Flyer
BEATS INC.

Post by BEATS INC. »

I have been looking forward to this night for ages! rasta business
Broken Beat Assault

got industries for $18 ea, email - [email protected]

get ready for the jungle rinse!

northenskumbag

Post by northenskumbag »

:clock: Waiting on the edge of my seat 4 this 1, I unfortunly mised out on jr2, but seen all the others,JUNGLE RUN IS THE BOMB. Get youre lighters ready. :clock:
Broken Beat Assault

news just in - we're movin the beats room into the back room of Roxanne onto the mother nexo system! those wanting a dose of Dubstep and Hip Hop be sure to head down.
Jungle Run 7 feat 2 nexo systems rinsing Jungle, Dubstep, Hip Hop and whatever else!
Lookin monstrous!!
BBA

spin

Post by spin »

the side room is heavy, chase n status milked it!
BOB DEEP
WOBBLE
REVOLVER
BLACK CAT