dubplates

Tips, hints, help, tech support, setups, systems and all things related to making phat beats. Post your latest production for all to hear & review. Or quiz the resident nerds about that tech problem you just can't figure out.
unsoundbwoy

dubplates

Post by unsoundbwoy »

wonderin where people cut their dubs, chopstick sold there machine so that aint an option anymore, vinylcarvers.co.uk seem to be the best around they use everlasting dubplates, know a few people in the us that use them a lot, any other ideas
Scholtzy

Post by Scholtzy »

www.chemical-records.co.uk have a dub cutting service, I believe they use a vestax machine to do it
fikuss

Post by fikuss »

i hope not those vestax machines are not much chop
unsoundbwoy

Post by unsoundbwoy »

vinyl carvers use neumann, quality gear some dope compressors and they'll do a master for you
dopamine

Post by dopamine »

I don't understand the point these days. CDJ's for the upfront stuff.
Focus

Post by Focus »

nuffsaid are doing something cant remember what its called though.
danielf

Post by danielf »

Rane Serrato Scratch Live :wink:

No seriously if you are based in Melbourne you might want to check out Corduroy Records, Australia's only vinyl record manufacturer. Not sure about dubplates but they do 7" or 12" pressings, quick turnover, they can do single pressings.
unsoundbwoy

Post by unsoundbwoy »

thought courdorouy got sold to obese and then went out of business ...
danielf

Post by danielf »

unsoundbwoy wrote:thought courdorouy got sold to obese and then went out of business ...
Hmmm not sure, maybe I'm behind the times but the website is still up as is a contact email address:

http://www.corduroy.com.au/
nickATcorduroyDOTcomDOTau

I hope that helps.
unsoundbwoy

Post by unsoundbwoy »

just orderin a bunh wit vinyl carvers should have them in a week or so, let yall know
unsoundbwoy

Post by unsoundbwoy »

3 copies of a double sided everlast (not acetate) posted from uk in covers in one week for $270. 50 pounds for the first then 30 after that, cheaper without mastering, heres the link http://vinylcarvers.co.uk/product.html
they mainly cut dnb and jungle and apparently they master decently
Shadowgames

Post by Shadowgames »

i think you should check out acoustic weaponry

website HERE

keep it local.
unsoundbwoy

Post by unsoundbwoy »

pretty big difference in cost and vc have a proven record at mastering and cutting exactly the kind of music i make
strategem

Post by strategem »

thanks for promo shadowgames. much appreciated. We are also doing long life dub plates, on a re built neumann lathe.
single sided = $120
double sided = $145

our vinyl mastering is done by transition studios in London, these guys are the shit. They do vinyl mastering for HUGE name acts across all genres incl dnb and jungle

more information on vinyl pressing and dub cutting can be found at www.acousticweaponry.com
www.acousticweaponry.com
- vinyl pressing
- audio equipment
- production management
- pyrotechnics
Shadowgames

Post by Shadowgames »

strategem wrote:thanks for promo shadowgames. much appreciated. We are also doing long life dub plates, on a re built neumann lathe.
single sided = $120
double sided = $145

our vinyl mastering is done by transition studios in London, these guys are the shit. They do vinyl mastering for HUGE name acts across all genres incl dnb and jungle

more information on vinyl pressing and dub cutting can be found at www.acousticweaponry.com
:D welcome to melbourne beats. good to have another audio head inside, injecting some activity into this section of the site 8)
jungle_tactics

Post by jungle_tactics »

strategem wrote:thanks for promo shadowgames. much appreciated. We are also doing long life dub plates, on a re built neumann lathe.
single sided = $120
double sided = $145

:smt006 :smt023
Confucius say

If you spin an awesome bedroom set and no one is around to hear it, did you still spin an awesome bedroom set?
unsoundbwoy

Post by unsoundbwoy »

i got my dubs today.
levels are good, clarity is good, had a quick mix before and they hold up against my other records, sounded better than a couple of N20 releases, pity im a fucking nonce who mixed one of the trcks with too much bass and the drums sound a bit floaty ... maybe ill just say its an old school tune :)
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

danielf wrote:Rane Serrato Scratch Live :wink:
Each to his own, but I believe M-Audio Torq is gonna leave Final Scratch et. al. for dead. I had the pleasure of demo'ing the unit for a solid 3 days up at AMAC, and it blew my mind. If it's given a chance it's gonna revolutionise DJ'ing.

More here: http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Torq-main.html