33&1/3 NYD '06 Breakbeat BBQ - here it is!!

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Friday

Post by Friday »

Yes.
Tomorrow = TODAY!!

Last day for cheap n nasties today!

I reckon about 3pm today actually....
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

hmmm...the massive dilemma begins.

pyramid + 33?

i think i should probably just secure a a cheapy anyway.
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

BIG UPS AGENT MAD!!

Every time I look in this thread I am amazed at the price of the cheap tickets, the quality of the locals and the diversity and quality of the internationals.

Awesome.
Don't hate me for house
Fents

Post by Fents »

Cannot wait for this, its Rachels (my gf) and I one year annivesary on the day...yes we kissed at 33.333 last year...special. Im going to royally spoil her too. :smt049
Flash

Post by Flash »

awww
nothing like a bit of breakbeat to make you fall in love :P
deviant

Post by deviant »

It'll be the 1 year (since we met) mark for me and my GF about two weeks after that :smt055
reverb

Post by reverb »

:smt049 aww how romantic! :D Congrats dudes!
I met my other 'arf 5 yrs ago @ an "Optic Nerve" @basement on Swanston :lol:
Our 1st date was @ Hard Kandy :shock: :? :roll:
anyting test - dead!
mrj

Post by mrj »

hmmmmm love springs eternal at 33 1/3 eh? perhaps I shall meet my Elizabeth on the dance floor sometime during the day.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
Friday

Post by Friday »

i met joe at 33&1/3 easter at the espy too... :D :D

he was very drunk n stoned n lying on the couch in the artist greenroom... i didn't know who he was and was thinking about getting security to kick him out until my boss's boyfriend said that it was actually his best friend who'd just moved back from amsterdam and not to kick him out... :lol:

and now we're married! :lol: :D
lynt

Post by lynt »

Friday wrote:i met joe at 33&1/3 easter at the espy too... :D :D

he was very drunk n stoned n lying on the couch in the artist greenroom... i didn't know who he was and nearly got security to kick him out until my boss told me that he was her boyfriend's best friend who'd just moved back from amsterdam and not to kick him out... :lol:

Hehehe, that's rad. Big ups Lucie x Joe massive!
dust

Post by dust »

reverb wrote::smt049 aww how romantic! :D Congrats dudes!
I met my other 'arf 5 yrs ago @ an "Optic Nerve" @basement on Swanston :lol:
Our 1st date was @ Hard Kandy :shock: :? :roll:
:lol: Hard Kandy, I can't think of anything more romantic!
mrj

Post by mrj »

reverb wrote: I met my other 'arf 5 yrs ago @ an "Optic Nerve"
no doubt you were "eyeing" each other off?

dad joke massive reprazent
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
stable

Post by stable »

big kev needxs to be killed...
Flash

Post by Flash »

mrj wrote:

LOL :lol: dad jokes rock
deviant

Post by deviant »

does anyne remember the "dad's Joke" skit series on one of the "comedy company" type shows..... that was fucking hilarious, they even did some that my Dad did all the time.... fucken got pwned by the TV :lol:
Friday

Post by Friday »

Can't believe NYD is less that 4 weeks away now.

I'm getting very excited!!
cammo

Post by cammo »

98 special
no comment
stable

Post by stable »

you are not..
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

buuts wrote:
mrj wrote:

LOL :lol: dad jokes rock
I often say that I must have some kids circulating around the place somewhere :shock: as the amount of Dad jokes spewing out of my mouth over this last year is nothing short of shocking! Is it just getting old... or am I father... one day I hope to know the answers to that which puzzles me. :shock:
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

mrj wrote:hmmmmm love springs eternal at 33 1/3 eh? perhaps I shall meet my Elizabeth on the dance floor sometime during the day.
will i do? :P joking.....

got tiks sorted now WOOT!!!! :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

Lizkins wrote:
mrj wrote:hmmmmm love springs eternal at 33 1/3 eh? perhaps I shall meet my Elizabeth on the dance floor sometime during the day.

got tiks sorted now WOOT!!!! :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026
want me to bring satdee?
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

Lucie, can I come in and grab some tix off you tomorrow?

:D
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
deviant

Post by deviant »

me too!!
Friday

Post by Friday »

yes and yes!

early in the day would be preferable though as blackalicious are here and i'll be running around in the arvo.... :wink:

:D :D
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

stovequeen wrote:
Lizkins wrote:

want me to bring satdee?
why yes i would :D
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

Lizkins wrote:
stovequeen wrote:
Lizkins wrote: will i do? :P joking.....

want me to bring satdee?
why yes i would :D
Can u bring mine too Fi ?? :D
PUCK YOU MISS ~~!
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

Luke/Liz - done :D
deviant

Post by deviant »

Friday wrote:yes and yes!

early in the day would be preferable though as blackalicious are here and i'll be running around in the arvo.... :wink:

:D :D
oops.... slept in :(
stable

Post by stable »

Big Ups to Shimon!!!!! I fucking can't wait...

Also, Lynt, Mink Engine, Cecille, Mike Hunt and Dave Pham..ouch..
lynt

Post by lynt »

stableinternet?
SoulWhiteMan

Post by SoulWhiteMan »

Friday wrote:i met joe at 33&1/3 easter at the espy too... :D :D

he was very drunk n stoned n lying on the couch in the artist greenroom... i didn't know who he was and was thinking about getting security to kick him out until my boss's boyfriend said that it was actually his best friend who'd just moved back from amsterdam and not to kick him out... :lol:

:D
Awesomeness! Deb and I met at Future Funk Squad :oops: :oops:
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

bumpsy. this shouldn't leave page 1 8) :D
stable

Post by stable »

no web yet... still waiting... fuck optus are cunts....
betson

Post by betson »

back to page 1 with you
Don't forget to bring a towell!!
lynt

Post by lynt »

stable wrote:no web yet... still waiting... fuck optus are cunts....

iiNet bro!
abstar

Post by abstar »

wizzle-wazzle wrote:I'd love to go. Pity about the bouts of claustraphobia and feeling like a sardine in the espy. A great venue for looks, but shit when its bursting at the seems. It's not made for that many people with all those small doorways.

Are Agent mad still selling the same amounts of tickets as previous years?

Don't get me wrong, I love 33 and have gone to most of them since 2001, but that many people in the espy is wrong. I don't think its right to sell that many tickets at the expense of patrons comfort and safety. My girlfriend passed out from the crush when Tali was playing at easter last year and we weren't even at the front. Despite the fantastic music, I'm not sure if I'd ever go to an espy 33 again.

Have AM done anything about this because I'm sure they realise this has been a massive problem. I'd pay extra if I knew they were selling less tickets but in the end I know that probably wouldn't happen.

Has anyone else had this problem at the espy parties?
Yes indeed i have!! Not a big enough venue! Wicked party but to small, had the same problemo last year went outside and took me 1 hour to get back in nearly missed TAYO!! was not happy jan!!!
Friday

Post by Friday »

Abstar: as stated earlier:
Friday wrote:A couple of points on the issues raised re the venue:

We have never oversold the capacity at the venue. It is simple the fact that it is a multi-room venue, not everyone in the whole venue can see each act... If you went to Big Day Out would you expect the entire 45,000 person audience to fit in the boiler room tent? No... It's the same deal with 33&1/3 NYD - we cannot put the acts on in a one stage venue where the whole audience could see them such as Festival Hall (because it obviously would suck) and therefore there is always going to be an issue of not everyone being able to squeeze into one room if it's a really popular act.

At NYD 2004 when Stanton's played in the Gersh we did at one point have security stop allowing people to enter the room to avoid it becoming too uncomfortable or dangerous - while some people complained about this we were simply not going to let it get to a point where it was dangerous for the patrons at the venue. It was clearly noted on the flyer copy last year: 'To avoid disappointment, if there is an artist you are specifically coming to see, allow yourself plenty of time to find a good spot in the area your act is performing - well before they are scheduled to hit the stage. and it will be noted again.

Last year we actually took the event off sale prior to the event, having sold well under the legal capacity of the venue, purely for crowding and comfort reasons. This was not required by the law and was our choice to ensure the people who had bought tickets could enjoy the event without feeling squashed. If we’d been greedy we wouldn’t have done this…

Also note the Espy has undergone extensive renovations over the last year which has immensely improved the traffic flow situation from one room to another. It has also seen the installation of more male and female toilets.

As always we’re committed to making sure the event has not only the best possible line up of international and local talent but is a fun and safe event on the day. Hope that clears thing up :D :D
Friday wrote:Thanks Tiggus, Stovequeen, GM, BRB, Fents, Dust, DBoy, Lynt, Thayer, Hardy, SWM, MRJ, Feigan and all the other supporters on this thread (there are a lot to list!).

And not only on this thread but the supporters of 33&1/3 in general who come to the events and make them what they are.

As you know Agent MAD bust our nuts (odd for two girls to have nuts i know :P) all year round to make these events and tours happen.

To all the people who whinge just for the sake of it - why do you act like we owe you something all the time? What about showing a little gratitude for some of the great acts that would never have otherwise made it to our shores? We love this music and it's not just a corporate exercise for us, we truely live, eat and breath these events and pour our hearts into them. If you don't like the events as someone said before - don't come. I'm not trying to be negative but seriously it's as simple as that. We will deliver great acts, both international and local, production and vibes for value for money as always. Come and enjoy if you want, if not then just don't come and leave it at that... :D

I'm not directing this at the people who have genuine queries by the way - anyone who has tried will know that if you have an issue and email us and you will always have a response within hours and we always listen to constructive criticism and suggestions to try to better the events. It's just to the whingers :roll: :P

PS Tiggus and DBoy... You're not the only ones who love the espy... Many many of the punters who come to 33 love the venue too.
abstar

Post by abstar »

Friday wrote:Abstar: as stated earlier:
Friday wrote:A couple of points on the issues raised re the venue:

We have never oversold the capacity at the venue. It is simple the fact that it is a multi-room venue, not everyone in the whole venue can see each act... If you went to Big Day Out would you expect the entire 45,000 person audience to fit in the boiler room tent? No... It's the same deal with 33&1/3 NYD - we cannot put the acts on in a one stage venue where the whole audience could see them such as Festival Hall (because it obviously would suck) and therefore there is always going to be an issue of not everyone being able to squeeze into one room if it's a really popular act.

At NYD 2004 when Stanton's played in the Gersh we did at one point have security stop allowing people to enter the room to avoid it becoming too uncomfortable or dangerous - while some people complained about this we were simply not going to let it get to a point where it was dangerous for the patrons at the venue. It was clearly noted on the flyer copy last year: 'To avoid disappointment, if there is an artist you are specifically coming to see, allow yourself plenty of time to find a good spot in the area your act is performing - well before they are scheduled to hit the stage. and it will be noted again.

Last year we actually took the event off sale prior to the event, having sold well under the legal capacity of the venue, purely for crowding and comfort reasons. This was not required by the law and was our choice to ensure the people who had bought tickets could enjoy the event without feeling squashed. If we’d been greedy we wouldn’t have done this…

Also note the Espy has undergone extensive renovations over the last year which has immensely improved the traffic flow situation from one room to another. It has also seen the installation of more male and female toilets.

As always we’re committed to making sure the event has not only the best possible line up of international and local talent but is a fun and safe event on the day. Hope that clears thing up :D :D
Friday wrote:Thanks Tiggus, Stovequeen, GM, BRB, Fents, Dust, DBoy, Lynt, Thayer, Hardy, SWM, MRJ, Feigan and all the other supporters on this thread (there are a lot to list!).

And not only on this thread but the supporters of 33&1/3 in general who come to the events and make them what they are.

As you know Agent MAD bust our nuts (odd for two girls to have nuts i know :P) all year round to make these events and tours happen.

To all the people who whinge just for the sake of it - why do you act like we owe you something all the time? What about showing a little gratitude for some of the great acts that would never have otherwise made it to our shores? We love this music and it's not just a corporate exercise for us, we truely live, eat and breath these events and pour our hearts into them. If you don't like the events as someone said before - don't come. I'm not trying to be negative but seriously it's as simple as that. We will deliver great acts, both international and local, production and vibes for value for money as always. Come and enjoy if you want, if not then just don't come and leave it at that... :D

I'm not directing this at the people who have genuine queries by the way - anyone who has tried will know that if you have an issue and email us and you will always have a response within hours and we always listen to constructive criticism and suggestions to try to better the events. It's just to the whingers :roll: :P

PS Tiggus and DBoy... You're not the only ones who love the espy... Many

many of the punters who come to 33 love the venue too.

I understand what your saying, and its all good. I have been a Loyal follower of 33 1/3 since back in the days where it was just a little side room gig, and i was wrapped when they started having their own parties.
I dont think the issue is over selling tickets, i believe that now the breaks scence has increased its followers ten fold that it may be time to have a new and larger venue.
I still dig it just as much as i did before!!! :lol:
Friday

Post by Friday »

no probs ;)

we are in search of a bigger venue for the future for 33&1/3 but as it stands at the moment the best option is still the espy.

one day we will find the right place but for now espy is better than any other option we've looked at... :D
Fents

Post by Fents »

Friday wrote:no probs ;)

we are in search of a bigger venue for the future for 33&1/3 but as it stands at the moment the best option is still the espy.

one day we will find the right place but for now espy is better than any other option we've looked at... :D
Metro!
abstar

Post by abstar »

Sounds good to me. Wicked line up this year! See you there :wink:
deviant

Post by deviant »

Fents wrote:

Metro!
QBH!
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Fents wrote:

Metro!
New Years Day @ Metro = no thanks
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Somewhere with an outside area would be nice!
deviant

Post by deviant »

^^^ My house!!!
Stacey

Post by Stacey »

Hey there Friday, alot of my crew have been asking for the all line-up set times list to map out their day already. I know it is subject to change at this kinda early stage but will you notify on the mad site or here soon? Or have i been ignorant and missed a post where you have already done this??
Flash

Post by Flash »

having an Outdoor 331/3 would be insane!
surely someone owns a farm somewhere on this board??
Nothing beats Breaks in the sun 8)
lynt

Post by lynt »

People, have a little faith. The Espy is going to be one surging mass of energy and randomness, that, plus the enslaught of local and international talent every which way you turn, you won't have time to think about where you are, just how fucking grand the music is going to be.

You're not going to be able to top that vibe come New Years Day, think about it.

Bring it on.
deviant

Post by deviant »

lynt wrote:People, have a little faith. The Espy is going to be one surging mass of energy and randomness, that, plus the enslaught of local and international talent every which way you turn, you won't have time to think about where you are, just how fucking grand the music is going to be.

You're not going to be able to top that vibe come New Years Day, think about it.

Bring it on.
:script:
betson

Post by betson »

buuts wrote:having an Outdoor 331/3 would be insane!
surely someone owns a farm somewhere on this board??
Nothing beats Breaks in the sun 8)
I wish it were that simple, we've tried but there is a shit load of red tape around doing this, legally anyway. A guy recently got fined $4500 for alowing one on his property, then the public liability thing comes in.

We are in the middle of gettin the building permits for a private property party. I am also talking to our shire about an outdoor amputheatre that we've used once before, but had noise complaints which is making it harder to go past 1.00am. :? I am trying for a 5am finish.
This board will be the first to know when it's happenin.

If people want to organise one for the daytime/early night, we can definately do a daytime-1.00am now without a hasslle.
Don't forget to bring a towell!!