DJ Shadow in june!

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
Penno

Post by Penno »

SoulWhiteMan wrote:read what i am saying....

In my mind shadows tracks have the same element of "care" (for lack of a better word) as do the likes of masters such as Simon Posford / OTT and Hybrid.

The tracks these guys have released stands the test of time for good production, effect it has on the audience.

Also, the above artists go above and beyond their genre, they're a bit avant garde...which is why i like shadow so much, he's not some try hard sticking to tried and tested bullshit; he's doing his own thing.

There's fuckloads of binary, mechanical, shit psy, just as there is a fuckload of binary "dub" and "chill" - but Sphongle and OTT stand out, head and shoulders above the rest.

Same with Hybrids production : the pads, detail, arrangement, they don't just make "phat as" tracks that last two months....

Thats what I'm trying to say, not being "normal" and going above and beyond your genres "limits" and creating something unique that touches you emotionally......

Oh, and one last thing,
don't tell me Shadow hasn't hit the liquid and shrooms in his early years!
^^Word to that. Well said

Didn't know there was many Ott/Shpongle heads out there... fully stands the test of time still listen to them both all the time
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

black star wrote:
breaksRbest wrote:last tour was to showcase his last album, which most of you hated. This tour is billed as 'An Intimate Night with DJ Shadow'

It's at The Forum and Daddy G from Massive Attack is also playing

I highly doubt he'll come back and do a repeat performance of his gig at The Palace

I reckon it's gonna be wicked
fair call about Josh not repeating the Palace gig. u reckon he'll do somethign a bit more like the early foum gigs?
I saw Daddy G a few years back and DJ Numark cleaned up the dance floor with him.
respect where its due, Shadow has made some amazing music. would love to have seen him do live vocals on that cut off the private press
I reckon it'll be alot closer to his Forum show than his Palace show. The Palace gig was to showcase the new album and therefore his set was mostly made up of tracks from The Outsider.

anyway, I've secured my tickets and I'm sure it's gonna be a wicked show
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
drew

Post by drew »

breaksRbest wrote:
black star wrote:
breaksRbest wrote:last tour was to showcase his last album, which most of you hated. This tour is billed as 'An Intimate Night with DJ Shadow'

It's at The Forum and Daddy G from Massive Attack is also playing

I highly doubt he'll come back and do a repeat performance of his gig at The Palace

I reckon it's gonna be wicked
fair call about Josh not repeating the Palace gig. u reckon he'll do somethign a bit more like the early foum gigs?
I saw Daddy G a few years back and DJ Numark cleaned up the dance floor with him.
respect where its due, Shadow has made some amazing music. would love to have seen him do live vocals on that cut off the private press
I reckon it'll be alot closer to his Forum show than his Palace show. The Palace gig was to showcase the new album and therefore his set was mostly made up of tracks from The Outsider.

anyway, I've secured my tickets and I'm sure it's gonna be a wicked show
yeah, thats what me and a mate have talked about, and hope seeing that it isnt an album tour he will play more of his old releases... but then again, he might not...
SoulWhiteMan

Post by SoulWhiteMan »

drew wrote: yeah, thats what me and a mate have talked about, and hope seeing that it isnt an album tour he will play more of his old releases... but then again, he might not...
yeah, but I mean... "intimate set from DJ Shadow"

and

"Show 'em how we be turf dancin in da bay area"

and

"Turf talk and keek da sneak"

kinda don't go together eh?

Me, I can't afford to go anyway :(
mrj

Post by mrj »

nic wrote: a few beers dollars worth more than any other inane international.
lol, jaded much nic hahaha
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
SoulWhiteMan

Post by SoulWhiteMan »

anyone heard shadows remix of radioheads the gloaming?

fucking solid!
Stray

Post by Stray »

SoulWhiteMan wrote:anyone heard shadows remix of radioheads the gloaming?

fucking solid!
link?
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

Stray wrote:

fucking solid!
link?
http://orchardlounge.blogspot.com/2005/ ... rge-w.html
Stray

Post by Stray »

breaksRbest wrote:
Stray wrote:

fucking solid!
link?
http://orchardlounge.blogspot.com/2005/ ... rge-w.html
Cheers dude :D
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

got my tickets. got my tickets. got my tickets!!!!

:smt026
By design

Post by By design »

i gotta wait till thursday damn it :shock: hope theres some left